Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

auto accelerate has been a godsend for my one handed friend, she can legit compete now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mario Kart fuckin sucks

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beastie posted:

Some sort of half-A press? :can:

:lol:

Someone asked about Overcook being playable after the patch and I want to say yes it is totally playable and getting a lot of use at my house. More now that I got my GF one of those NES30 arcade sticks cause she never put in the decades of time on console controllers. Thing is a bit of a bitch to get connected each time but she can actually play now.

I found a normal gray switch at Target and mailed to my friend who has since been MIA cause too busy playing Splatoon 2. This is the same lady who was all "i work at a game store, I hear about the switch it sounds dumb :smug:". I will let this be a lesson in Don't Listen to Game Nerds for her.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Frankston posted:

Mario Kart fuckin sucks

Says poster with sonic avatar

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Overcook got a patch? What did it do?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Electromax posted:

lmao

You seem to have touched a nerve with your anecdote.

Yeah, I think people underestimate the value of making game controls super simple for someone who doesn't actually play games as a hobby but will join in on their SO's hobby to have fun together.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr Cheeto posted:

Overcook got a patch? What did it do?

Probably improved performance. The initial version ran like poo poo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I had it all for 30 minutes before the patch hit, but I do remember the game chugging a bit when there's 0 reason for that game to suddenly drop frames when it's a pretty static scene without any effects like crazy JRPG screen filling stuff. After that it's steady. I remember some people were saying it was also dropping inputs.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, I think people underestimate the value of making game controls super simple for someone who doesn't actually play games as a hobby but will join in on their SO's hobby to have fun together.

It's Mario Kart. You hit the gas, jump and waggle.

You're not asked to do some Street Fighter level of muscle memory.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not harshing on someone that has physical reasons for needing these adjustments. I harping on someone who plays Mario Kart using it because they can't be bothered to play the game themselves.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 19, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
You don't even have to waggle anymore, just hold the button and steer

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm playing through the spooky world 3 of Mario + Rabbids and it gave me such a throwback to playing the Crypt dungeon of Diablo 3. I don't know how it's not on this system yet like everything about it fits the Switch right down to single joycon play even being pretty easily feasible

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Beastie posted:

Edit: To clarify, I'm not harshing on someone that has physical reasons for needing these adjustments. I harping on someone who plays Mario Kart using it because they can't be bothered to play the game themselves.

Yeah I'm generally bad at video games but asking someone to press one button to begin a drift isn't exactly difficult. And this is coming from someone who played it for 2 weeks without drifting once before I figured it out on my own.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Beastie posted:

This game is aimed at literally everyone from the tiniest babies to my Luddite grandmother to misanthropic gamer goons, why are you so goddamn bothered by the idea of a return of another accessibility option? Hell, disable orange sparks if it's on, who cares, people who learn how to kart are gonna win anyhow. Who cares if someone enables auto-steer and auto-drift and auto-accellerate and wins 50cc races without touching the controller?

I've got a number of friends who only play this game maybe once every few months and drifting is hard to learn if you don't pick up a controller often, turns out.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 19, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Beastie posted:

It's just a video game though who cares if someone's girlfriend liked playing with an option in an older game? You all apparently didn't even know it existed so I dunno why you're so pissed off about it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

loving lmao at this whiny baby who doesn't respect the sanctity of Mario Kart like a real adult.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
my okcupid profile clearly outlines the required mario kart drifting capabilities of my potential partners, lol if you dont do the same.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah you guys are right. I guess I'm just complaining that someone else is lamenting the loss of a minute feature that you could easily learn yourself.

I'm all for accessibility but you have to learn to help yourself sometimes.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Beastie posted:

Yeah you guys are right. I guess I'm just complaining that someone else is lamenting the loss of a minute feature that you could easily learn yourself.

I'm all for accessibility but you have to learn to help yourself sometimes.

I get what you're saying but the more realistic outcome is your adult girlfriend who doesn't play video games on her own time stops playing video games with you. Which is a terrible fate.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Why are you guys talking about some poo poo Wii U game lol

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Friggin millennials too busy making avocado toast to learn how to drift

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Friggin millennials too busy making avocado toast to learn how to drift

It’s all about avocado ice cream now. Get with the times, grandpa.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If Mario Kart were an esport the pros would be more insufferable than the Smash Melee ones

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

dlc that adds a new difficulty after 200cc that uses gran turismo's kart physics

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dear Nintendo

There are too many videos games coming soon on your console
Please eliminate three

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I haven’t turned on my Switch in days because Samus Returns came out on 3DS. That’s wrong.:argh:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stargolf when?

Lego worlds is still fun but drat the frame rate is poo poo.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

MarcusSA posted:

Stargolf when?

Lego worlds is still fun but drat the frame rate is poo poo.

I can't play it in handheld either because it looks so bad.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If Mario Kart were an esport the pros would be more insufferable than the Smash Melee ones

Reminder that the smash melee ones withdraw from tournaments if they can't find a controller that's broken in the correct way

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'd imagine that mario kart tourneys would have items off, which officially makes you Not Playing Mario Kart Right

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Please don't start the tired e sports conversation again

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
No Items
Morton Only
Mario Circuit

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I am going to fart on everyone who does not sing the rainbow road song while playing rainbow road on Mario Kart

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Internet Kraken posted:

No Items
Morton Only
Mario Circuit

ROY'S
MY
BOY

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The current meta on Metaknight is the best use is you use him to get meta Ridley on your side.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

limaCAT posted:

I am going to fart on everyone who does not sing the rainbow road song while playing rainbow road on Mario Kart

Never look back, 'cause I'm down but not dead

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
MK8 is a lot of fun, but drat there's almost too much content.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

limaCAT posted:

It's a place that you go

When you die

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

There are some dumb people with too much time in the world.....

and then there are geniuses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dammit I was just coming to post that

3D printing is both a blessing and a curse

• Locked thread