Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Aramek posted:

I am the most normal, and thus the best goon.

I am very human and regular.

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hey, still wondering if I can get into the guild. @Nekheny_IV. I'm low level but playing this a ton (although the next week or so I probably will be playing less until I can beat the drat Destiny 2 raid).

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Hey, any of you goons buy the Grand Topal Hideaway when it was available? If so, what your username - I'd love to run around it sometime.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Clockwork City demo at https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda right now :D

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
Has anyone experiencing high levels of lag on the X-Box NA server over the past two weeks. For me it has been a constant rubber-banding every minute or two which makes the game somewhere between horribly annoying and unplayable.

Also, is there a goon guild on that server?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ixjuvin posted:

Clockwork City demo at https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda right now :D

They put the motherfucking Imperfect in Clockwork City.

loving. Sold. :getin::pcgaming::getin::pcgaming:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Anyone use the Destinations add on mind telling me where the setting is to see Public Dungeon/Delve bosses on the map? I can't find where to turn it on in options.

EDIT: Found it. Was on the actual map filter, not in options. Wooo.

Also could I get a guild invite please. @googles1 NA/PC, Ebonheart Pact.

Givin fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 16, 2017

Rajazan
Sep 19, 2012
Hi folks, could I get an invite to the guild? @Rajazan

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Givin posted:

Also could I get a guild invite please. @googles1 NA/PC, Ebonheart Pact.

Rajazan posted:

Hi folks, could I get an invite to the guild? @Rajazan

Got you both. You two are in love now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I made a dirty AD toon, mainly to dunk on the idiots in EP Sotha Sil.

And yes, the primary ult I use is Dragon Leap :getin::getin::getin:

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Could I please get an invitation to the guild if there is space open? @EmpyreanLight

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

AD Lizard status: still dunking on idiots. Ask me about the Chill Bros Triple Chaos Dunk spectacular last night :frog:

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Scyantific posted:

AD Lizard status: still dunking on idiots. Ask me about the Chill Bros Triple Chaos Dunk spectacular last night :frog:

We were like synchronized swimmers, but with more death. That was a beautiful thing.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I took a break for a few months and just caught up on the thread, but holy poo poo do I feel vindicated (relieved) for refusing to replay/grind VMA for a sharpened bow for my stamsorc. Praise Jesus for retraiting weapons with the new DLC, I literally never have to step foot in that poo poo hole again and I now have 0 regrets about it.

Does anyone know yet if there are any requirements beyond knowing how to craft the trait, like certain level/skill level in blacksmithing?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hakarne posted:

I took a break for a few months and just caught up on the thread, but holy poo poo do I feel vindicated (relieved) for refusing to replay/grind VMA for a sharpened bow for my stamsorc. Praise Jesus for retraiting weapons with the new DLC, I literally never have to step foot in that poo poo hole again and I now have 0 regrets about it.

Does anyone know yet if there are any requirements beyond knowing how to craft the trait, like certain level/skill level in blacksmithing?

Maelstrom Destruction Staff and Bow are still best in slot for endgame PvE tho.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Scyantific posted:

Maelstrom Destruction Staff and Bow are still best in slot for endgame PvE tho.

Yeah, I got lucky on one of my two VMA runs so I have a (non-sharpened) bow I'll retrait. Although having a defending bow has actually been kinda nice for when I solo world bosses and stuff.

I'm a one-character-only kinda guy so I don't care about the staff. I retired my magblade after they brutally murdered my sap tank. :(

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

quote:

Crafting Writ Turn-In Site Universalization
With the Clockwork City base game update, you may now turn in your Crafting Writs at any Writ turn-in site throughout the world, regardless of crafting rank.

gently caress YOU FOREVER CRAGLORN BLOW MY COCK YOU WASP INFESTED HELLSCAPE

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Oh my god I'm so excited
It will, however, deprive us of the worst zone chat in the game

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

holy poo poo you mean i finally have to stop making the terrible decision between having a quest log that's one smaller than normal or hearing errol's worried friend every loving day? truly ZOS provides.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Digital Osmosis posted:

holy poo poo you mean i finally have to stop making the terrible decision between having a quest log that's one smaller than normal or hearing errol's worried friend every loving day? truly ZOS provides.

I'm not sure what you are getting at?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I think he means the DLC quest starters are too thirsty.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I have a char with 50 in every tradeskill and at least 7 traits on the majority of items researched but I don't play it any longer. I only log in for the free mats and make an occasional leveling set of armor. Am I going to have to level up tradeskills on dudes I actually play to be able to transmog/respec armor later? I really really do not want to do that outside of alchemy and provisioning if need be.

Also, is there any reason to put off any content in the game for later levels? Like Morrowind or any of the DLC.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Vivec City is the clear leader, right? The crafting stations are all outdoors and clumped together.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Only reason to put off any zone/content is that zone's drops. Basically if there's a world set you really want at max level, getting pieces of it from random drops before you get to c160 is heartbreaking because you'll have to farm them all over again.

That's it though.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Mizuti posted:

Vivec City is the clear leader, right? The crafting stations are all outdoors and clumped together.

That's what I'm thinking. I like Riften a lot too but I don't think there's an outdoor alchemy table?

Baron Porkface posted:

I'm not sure what you are getting at?

Dropping off crafting quests in Craiglorn, there's a woman who stands near the boxes and incessantly says something to the effect of "I wish I could help Eroll, but I'm too busy!" She shuts up if you take her quest but apparently starts again if you've actually done it, so I basically have to choose between hearing this one grating line every loving day or having a quest sit permanently in my journal, which only has so many quest slots. It's pretty much the definition of firstworldproblems but it's annoying af.

Wanted to shout out Yhonix, Enaj, and Dek for doing vCradle of Shadows with me last night. That was... not easy. But the mechanics were pretty fun, and it's been a while since I was that engaged with a game - the time flew by. Halfway to my series arc of getting that Hist-Shadow title. Apparently the helm is pretty good too, but I got it in heavy so... i'll probably never have that set lol, not doing that fight again anytime soon. But seriously guys, thanks!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Digital Osmosis posted:

That's what I'm thinking. I like Riften a lot too but I don't think there's an outdoor alchemy table?

Dropping off crafting quests in Craiglorn, there's a woman who stands near the boxes and incessantly says something to the effect of "I wish I could help Eroll, but I'm too busy!" She shuts up if you take her quest but apparently starts again if you've actually done it, so I basically have to choose between hearing this one grating line every loving day or having a quest sit permanently in my journal, which only has so many quest slots. It's pretty much the definition of firstworldproblems but it's annoying af.

Wanted to shout out Yhonix, Enaj, and Dek for doing vCradle of Shadows with me last night. That was... not easy. But the mechanics were pretty fun, and it's been a while since I was that engaged with a game - the time flew by. Halfway to my series arc of getting that Hist-Shadow title. Apparently the helm is pretty good too, but I got it in heavy so... i'll probably never have that set lol, not doing that fight again anytime soon. But seriously guys, thanks!

Velidreth monster set is pretty decent, but obviously annoying as gently caress to farm since vCoS is awful, it's just such a long loving dungeon though I find it easier than vICP and vRoM

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

All y'all motherfuckers need some Mournhold in your life. Craft stations right off the wayshrine and the writ turn in a few steps further alongside the master writ vendor.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It's the best hold.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Also really cool music and friendly Ordinators smiling and waving as you go about your business.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Sixto Lezcano posted:

friendly Ordinators smiling and waving as you go about your business.

look Mournhold is my base of operations as well but let's not go telling lies

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Rawl'kha is my home base. The crafting stations are slightly more spread out than mournhold, but they're all still really close and out in the open. However you also have the bank, stable, and outlaw refuge much closer to the wayshrine (and each other) than mournhold.

Bonus: There's also a relatively inexpensive house available with a beautiful river view at the edge of town. The house is also useful for thieving - it's right near the back entrance for the outlaw refuge and there are no guards, so you can warp to your house for a risk-free run to a fence.

Edit: I set my rawl'kha house to be open to goons in case anyone ever needs to get to a fence in a pinch. Go to the guild roster, look for @Hakarne, then right click and visit primary residence and you can warp free from anywhere. I have a fence npc in there, but they charge a higher price - just run out the side door to the proper outlaw refuge so you don't get ripped off. There's also a training dummy there if you want to test whacking things.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 19, 2017

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Mizuti posted:

No cooking fire, though.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

For an evening or a week, there's no place like Mournhold! Food, fun, and fashion, Mournhold has it all!

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Hakarne posted:

Rawl'kha is my home base. The crafting stations are slightly more spread out than mournhold, but they're all still really close and out in the open. However you also have the bank, stable, and outlaw refuge much closer to the wayshrine (and each other) than mournhold.

Bonus: There's also a relatively inexpensive house available with a beautiful river view at the edge of town. The house is also useful for thieving - it's right near the back entrance for the outlaw refuge and there are no guards, so you can warp to your house for a risk-free run to a fence.

Edit: I set my rawl'kha house to be open to goons in case anyone ever needs to get to a fence in a pinch. Go to the guild roster, look for @Hakarne, then right click and visit primary residence and you can warp free from anywhere. I have a fence npc in there, but they charge a higher price - just run out the side door to the proper outlaw refuge so you don't get ripped off. There's also a training dummy there if you want to test whacking things.

THE WOOD ELF KNOWN AS FINENDRIN

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

JackBadass posted:

No cooking fire, though.

There totally is, it's the potboiller looking thing near the enchanting table

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

inflatable fish posted:

THE WOOD ELF KNOWN AS FINENDRIN

Touché

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
What's the current state of Wardens? Pets and DoTs are extremely my poo poo but last I heard the class was kinda bad. Can they tank or heal okay?

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Holy poo poo does the DLC go on a decent sale like ever? I'm dying​ to try the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild stuff but cash is just SO painfully thin these days. :smith:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Plastic Pal posted:

Holy poo poo does the DLC go on a decent sale like ever? I'm dying​ to try the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild stuff but cash is just SO painfully thin these days. :smith:

The joke answer is to pay 15 bucks for full access to everything that isn't Morrowind, via a month of ESO plus.

That said, on the last crown sale you can get it for a decent discount. Because of the 500 starter crowns plus having 4 bucks in my steam wallet during the last crown sale, I only paid 20 to own the Guilds & Glory DLC pack. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones
I'm leveling this build ATM https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post465465565 and i got a question about the Dual Wielding.

quote:

DO NOT purchase any of the active skills or passive skills in the Dual Wield line until it is at Rank 41. You will only need the Twin Blade and Blunt passive from that skill line and nothing more.

I don't understand why i should get it to level 41, is it just for swinging around if i run out of magic?