Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

IceOrb posted:

OPERATION HEALTH IS BACK!?
Operation Recovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

IceOrb posted:

OPERATION HEALTH IS BACK!?

Nope, just like every patch for the past couple of months, now I can't queue with my friend. I talked about this issue in the thread before, but it's happening again after this patch. We can't join each other's squads, and when you do, the Operators "freeze" on the main menu screen and it hangs on "Joining Squad". The menu items are still animated, though.

Gonna verify integrity of files and then restart the pc, but this shouldn't be necessary.

R6 is broken and it sucks

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Operation Weekend at Bernie's

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
polish attacker can attach dead ragdolls to his ghillie suit with any potential dangling shields acting as the frying pan does in pubg

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

No, the body-skirt shouldn't stop bullets 100%, only having tachanka's dead body does that, everyone else is flat dmg reduction

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm about to embark in the quest to get all attachments (except silencers and Reflex/Holo sights because red dot 4 lyfe) and I was wondering: do you guys use laser sights?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Anyone who uses laser sights on anything but a pistol for a shield op deserves to get TKed

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Laser sights are exclusively for showing the other team exactly where your dumb rear end is.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Lasers are an OK choice on shotguns as well as Jackal and Ela's SMGs.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The MP5K with a laser makes for an absurdly accurate hip fire weapon, but that's the edgiest of edge cases.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Haha at anyone here who thinks laser sights are bad and not cool and good.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

They're cool, but not good, as with anything that constantly broadcasts your presence. It's like holding down shift whenever you move anywhere.

e: Except worse because some people don't have good headphones, but everyone has a monitor.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 19, 2017

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I like to mod the guns for maximum tacticool, who gives a poo poo about the game mechanics. If I could put a red dot on top of an acog I would.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

to fully appreciate the laser sights, one must play Glaz and use the scope while approaching the house, then spam smoke on the objective and toggle to the reflex sights. suppressor optional.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, laser sights are pretty useless. Every time I spectate a team member who has a laser sight, they get shot because they're giving their position away. I guess it's not so bad if you aim at door frames, etc. instead of through the door, but then if someone DOES pop through the doorway you need to readjust your aim before you shoot - which I think is worse than simply not taking the laser sight to begin with, for the same outcome of not having your presence be given away. :shrug:
(Plus I'm pretty sure they fixed the bug where laser sights tightened your buckshot grouping when using shotguns, so it's no longer useful in that regard, either)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Alright, so barrel and grip extensions only then :v:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Well, you could play with them on and off... waiting for our extra group buddy I hopped into custom rounds and tried out different loadouts on my fav guns. Laser on MP5K is a beast, shotguns are good, and anything with a high ROF tbh. Also it's a lot easier to hide your laser sight than you think, 90% of a firefight is positioning.

If the other person knows you're there, it doesn't matter if you have a laser sight or not, you're both going to be peeking corners looking for an angle on each other. Really though, just try them on a couple of guns? I hate the nickel and diming on attachments but one laser sight isn't gonna kill ya

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
maybe you should aim your guns

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Penpal posted:

If the other person knows you're there, it doesn't matter if you have a laser sight or not, you're both going to be peeking corners looking for an angle on each other.

It's as simple as relocating. Taking someone on when they know where you are is a dumb move. Go somewhere else and kill them.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Put a laser on Bandit's shotgun and play like you're the Doom Guy.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:staredog:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Lol if you don't just prefire every possible angle

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Laser Sights used to be pretty bad yeah, but ever since they lowered how visible the dot is to the enemies i've never had any problems with it. The hipfire accuracy increase actually really is helpful i think it's worth the off chance that maybe, possibly, sombody will see your tiny little red dot if they are stopping to look for it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:vince:

also some older ones:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
AKIMBO Baretta operator when?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Anyone who uses laser sights on anything but a pistol for a shield op deserves to get TKed

They are ok for shotguns too.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Quick post videos of people getting killed because their laser sight gave them away!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

Quick post videos of people getting killed because their laser sight gave them away!

It's problem of these people. You can play around laser sights if you want to, even though you seldom have to.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
I just aim at whatever is closest to me to hide the laser.

Like the closest part of the door frame.

But I'm also typically using a shotgun when I use a laser so its less of a big deal that I'm not just idling on head height.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
People just forget that the laser sight is still on when they ADS because it isn't visible, it's covered by the sight reticule usually. If it actually turned off when you ADS'd it would be loving amazing.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I like the laser pointer on Rooks P90. I also think people are overestimating just how much people really look for the dots and how much of a difference it makes if they even do get spotted.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Please keep me updated on these lads hard it would make me so happy to see them banned (yes I submitted a ticket)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Please keep me updated on these lads hard it would make me so happy to see them banned (yes I submitted a ticket)
*with French accent* All 18.20 lads headed out for bans right now.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

They should steal the three-dot Predator-style lasersight that one of the Battlefields had. I'd slam that sucker on every single gun I have.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wildlands has it too.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Wildlands has it too.

It's funny how Ubisoft has Siege, which has some of the best gunplay in a modern shooter and then totally disregarded everything and made Wildlands an ugly mess of a game with horrible shooting mechanics

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It's funny how Ubisoft made Siege, one of best examples of how keeping all of your content free and not splitting your playerbase with paid DLC can make a game super popular and successful.But then totally ignored all that with For Honor. Another game i thought maybe would get the Seige treatment of "pretty bad at launch, super good now" but nope.For Honor is still a game with awesome gameplay being hampered by connections issues worse than what we have in Seige right now.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i heard from some other guy that mained kapkan a lot (because lol he's actually fun) that he's getting buffed to 2/2 speed/armor and getting 5 traps per round which would be neat if it ends up being true

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Thief posted:

i heard from some other guy that mained kapkan a lot (because lol he's actually fun) that he's getting buffed to 2/2 speed/armor and getting 5 traps per round which would be neat if it ends up being true

2/2, 5 traps, no laser on them, no longer instant-kill (40 damage apparently).

and apparently Blitz can now sprint while shield up.

https://i.imgur.com/DJLSrJb.gifv

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

2/2, 5 traps, no laser on them, no longer instant-kill.

and apparently Blitz can now sprint while shield up.

https://i.imgur.com/DJLSrJb.gifv

Is this coming, or already live. Because those 2 are my favorites

• Locked thread