Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

happyhippy posted:

A friend had a good idea suggestion, mannequins.

Just like the guns and ammo, have 10-20 mannequins spawn all over the place.
Have them peeking out of windows or walking up and down windows every 30 seconds or so.
If you hit one, it announces where you are loudly.

Congrats, this is the worst suggestion in the entire thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what about bears?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

VulgarandStupid posted:

Oh man, LOL if you're watching any other than JScubby at this point. Have you seen those biceps?

That's the super loving toxic guy I posted about before right? Oh man it was so great watching him rage on the vod when my squad helped dismantle his squad and we ended up with the chicken dinner. Thank you for bringing up that wonderful moment I almost forgot about it.

Got another PUBG LAN this weekend with the same crew. I am rusty as gently caress though I haven't gotten to play for the last week and a half.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Dyz posted:

This is one of the few games I've bought in the past decade that hasn't been heavily marketed as an e-sport straight from the beta. It's a real breath of fresh air, so:

I mean the game is having tournaments and its not even finished. They marketed the hell out of gamescom. I personally don''t give a gently caress because a tournament for this kind of game is silly and there is a lot of randomness with each match. Personally I don't mind having to rush and win the gun lottery or dealing with all of the other RNG aspects of the game,=. To me, that is what makes PUBG special. However a lot of people do take the competitive aspects really seriously. Just take the people in this thread who care about statistics for example.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

hawowanlawow posted:

what about bears?

The island is skull island and all the creatures from Kong are there

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

How do we get this guy in the discord?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

i think this game needs zombies tbh

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Kanish posted:

i think this game needs zombies tbh

theyre called afkers

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I thought a 4 player coop zombiee mode would be fun. Like it would send ever increasing amounts of zombies at the players and they have to make it to the final circle and hold out until a chopper lands to pick them up. Kind of like an open world left 4 dead.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

happyhippy posted:

Have them peeking out of windows or walking up and down windows every 30 seconds or so.

Hahaha what the gently caress

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

happyhippy posted:

I imagine it would announce your location like most PUBG players:

"They're right there"
"They're in front of me!"
"They're south, wait I mean left"

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

He's by the tree on the hill!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

dvorak posted:

How do we get this guy in the discord?

Gramps is amazing and has some pretty great clips. I love his shittalk. Someone should totally reach out to him.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

maybe if the compass could be scaled up I could read the numbers from my couch, until then my calls will be vague

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

hawowanlawow posted:

maybe if the compass could be scaled up I could read the numbers from my couch, until then my calls will be vague

Do you not play with a cloth map of Erangel and a protractor next to you at all times?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

ILL Machina posted:

Gramps is amazing and has some pretty great clips. I love his shittalk. Someone should totally reach out to him.

I'm just worried he's gonna turn out to be incredibly racist or something due to being old, because he's pretty fantastic.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yep, all the senior citizens playing pubg is probably why I can't turn on global voice chat.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Undetectable mines scattered throughout the map that kill instantly when walked over.
Undetectable pits that trap you when you fall in, as well as disabling your keyboard and PC power button.
Booby trapped vehicles that randomly delete one file from your Documents folder when you get in.
Guns now have a chance to jam, and need to be cleaned periodically, except the AKM.
Players now have a "bladder meter" that fills up during the game. If the meter is maxed, the player involuntarily pisses his pants, making a very loud pissing noise. Would be a good nerf to house campers. Players can manually activate pissing. Consuming energy drinks fill the bladder more.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
You forgot about going deaf when you use your gun once, so the rest of the game, audio is almost non-existant.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
SKS has a chance to fire when you load it, and also sometimes just shoots burst or full auto when you least expect it, just like the real thing!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TBH it would be pretty cool if the Colt SAA created a bunch of black powder smoke

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
started off a game in mansion, ended up at the hills by ferry pier. went like a third of it on foot, that sucked.

ended up killed in second to last circle to some dude running out of the blue. no idea how he had tanked it for so long, hadn't even died to it by the time i left the game

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dyz posted:

One thing that gets me a lot is figuring out which floor someone is on a building. The hospital is really bad for this, I've been killed by someone coming from the middle catwalk because I thought they were a floor above me and I was watching the stairs.

the verticality of directional sound sucks in the game. i don't even know if there is any.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

SKS has a chance to fire when you load it, and also sometimes just shoots burst or full auto when you least expect it, just like the real thing!

Clean your firing pin :argh:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

grenades that are red that seek out nearby enemies or blue grenades that aggressively track whoever has the most kills

Banana peels you can leave on stairs, people slip and are stunned on the ground for 3 seconds

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

the verticality of directional sound sucks in the game. i don't even know if there is any.

Pretty sure there is no such thing in a stereo sound situation. The only thing they can do is play a sound that sounds like its above or below you, which they do.

ChesterJT posted:

Banana peels you can leave on stairs, people slip and are stunned on the ground for 3 seconds

Excuse me, are you trying to give campers a bigger advantage?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

VulgarandStupid posted:

Excuse me, are you trying to give campers a bigger advantage?

I want every house to be riggable home alone style.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Does anyone know of a way to lock the cursor to a window if you're playing in windowed mode? I have an ultra-wide monitor, which isn't great for pubg, but if I play in a smaller resolution I end up with my cursor halfway across the screen whenever I turn around.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
actually a couple random spawning mannequins in windows would be loving hilarious. similar to those bushes that have a similar silhouette to a player

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

VulgarandStupid posted:

The only thing they can do is play a sound that sounds like its above or below you, which they do.

this only works in building with footsteps.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I want the option to kill myself before pulling my chute so my body just plummets to the ground and if I land on someone and kill them the game immediately ends and I win

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just got third place because i checked the wrong corner, feels bad man

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

I want every house to be riggable home alone style.

Well that is the Fortnite BR, kind of.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I want more car interaction, let me hook a grenade up to the steering wheel like a trap or lay in the back seat waiting for someone to come use it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just got third place because i checked the wrong corner, feels bad man

Can't wait for 7 floor buildings!

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Doing true nighttime would require some equipment updates but it'd be cool for sure.

I noticed the holo (I think) sight had an "NV" button on the back of it...

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
It would be neat if each explosion in the red zone left a small crater that made traversing it a little tougher.

The only times I've died to the red were one game immediately after my friend declared we'd never be hit by an explosion. We were in a jeep. The second time, we were in the top floor of a building and it killed us through the ceiling.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

rarbatrol posted:

I noticed the holo (I think) sight had an "NV" button on the back of it...

It turns the reticle invisible to the naked eye by lowering the spectrum so that it's not too bright while wearing NVGs. So without NV it just makes it impossible to see :v:

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

PantsBandit posted:

I have an ultra-wide monitor, which isn't great for pubg

Why do you say that? My buddy has an ultrawide and it rocks for PUBG, he has way more peripheral than I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOspLM5Wgo8

• Locked thread