Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Tricky D posted:

I wanna know why the guy hates his kids. I bet they have red hair.

I was gonna say that maybe he thought life would just be the same, except plus kids, but I think he would have seen that's not the case well before the second one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I [27/M] am dating a girl [28/F] with a really odd "quirk" and I'm not sure this is too big a red flag or just a case of nerves?

quote:

Here's the situation. This summer I landed an internship between Year 1 and Year 2 of my MBA program. At work, I met "Jules" [28/F] who works in an administrative & E/A role at the company. Nothing happened at work but she and I stayed in contact and after I left she initiated discussions of a date. We did and have been out 5 or 6 times. In general, things are really great - she's very sweet and thoughtful; she's funny and we share a lot of common interests as well as sharing a similar set of goals. We're well matched, but here's the thing: She often says the wrong loving thing, then panics, repeats it and then panics further, goes beet red and then buys me a gift.

I'm going to recreate two encounters that happened with ~48 hours of each other. They're the best of my recollection:

Me: I'm applying for work today. Busy with classwork, taking a full course load plus an extra two seminars.

Her: Oh, wow, really busy. Must be looking forward to being done!

Me: Yeah, and working rather than studying. Paying off these loans would be nice.

Her: I don't mind that I make more money than you. Not that you're lazy, you're not, but I make more money.. I... uh...

Her: Forget I said anything. It's that I have a job and you're unemployed.... I mean... ermmm.

Her: You're studying! You're going to have a great job but you need to find your groove, you know, being unemployed.

Her: Not that you're useless or anything....

Her: I need to go........

I get what she's saying, didn't take offense, but I am never sure what she is going, says something she thinks I'll take offense to and then panics and hyper-speed speaks until she has said so many odd/borderline offensive things that she just terminates the conversation. Here's another (and my fav)

Different Friend: Penis size is so overrated.

Me: Phew! Dodged a bullet there!

Her: Aww, don't be hard on yourself!

Me: Hard. That's what she sa......

Her: It's cute! It's just the right size for you. Not that it's small, it's just not...

Her: Let me phrase... you're really good at oral.

Her: I like your penis, too! It's not small, I promise. Show them....

Me: Umm, no.....

Her: Uhh, sorry.. gotta go.

I feel like every time we're together there's this potential for extreme awkwardness that just won't end. Sometimes we're together and it's fine, but others... we wind up with the weiner debacle. After the weiner debacle, she sent me a box of chocolates, bought me a lobster, then sent an e-card and an amazon gift card for $50. Then called to apologize for gifts, said she was very happy with "that aspect of our relationship" and I shouldn't feel like there's anything wrong/I don't measure up and that she'd understand if I didn't want to see her again.

This is honestly every conversation. I'm not sure if it's nerves or she's an awkward person or she genuinely holds odd beliefs about me and they keep seeping out of her mouth at the worst times. I feel like our relationship could be okay, or could be a horrible mess or that she doesn't have the heart to dump me and is making it so awkward that I ghost her/bail.

Everytime I take the direct approach, she swears up and down that it's just awkwardness and that it's "not you, it's me." Seriously? She's using lines from Costanza.

What is going on here? How can I handle this.

--- tl;dr Girl I'm seeing either dislikes me and doesn't want to let me down or is the most awkward person I have ever met before. I'm not sure which it is but I would be delighted to know/figure it out.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

tldr: I'm literally living in a sitcom, please help.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Palpek posted:

tldr: I'm literally living in a sitcom, please help.

I still cant believe this show got contracted for 100 episodes before it even aired.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
/r/relationships: weiner debacle

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

What blows me away is she continued to have sex even after he said that monstrous poo poo about his kids. How did her vagina not instantly turn into the surface of mars after he said that?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

p rude posted:

What blows me away is she continued to have sex even after he said that monstrous poo poo about his kids. How did her vagina not instantly turn into the surface of mars after he said that?
She also hates the kids for the same reasons but is in an earlier stage of grief?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Much as I support just taking these stories at face value and assuming the storyteller never lies, that's some vile loving nonsense for a guy who otherwise seems relatively reasonable in the rest of the story to say. He certainly doesn't seem bad to his kids, seeing as how the oldest would apparently hate him leaving and how he insisted he'd still love and support her if she wanted the third child, even if it's not what he wanted. Considering how loving crazy the rest of her story is(Yes, it's not normal to insist on only having sex for the purposes of procreation in a healthy relationship to the point where it terrifies you to use birth control) it's very possible that he made an off hand comment to the effect of the kids stressing him out because he's 27 and has two kids and she took it to mean that he hates their children.

Sitcom guy is loving great though

FantasticExtrusion
Sep 3, 2017

Palpek posted:

That one's easy, leave a trail of honey leading from the house to the psychiatric hospital, nothing illegal about that. Next!

r/relationships: I want to emphasize again that we have a very healthy relationship.

I refuse to believe Honey Guy is real.

Edit: holy poo poo this moves fast

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I [27/M] am dating a girl [28/F] with a really odd "quirk" and I'm not sure this is too big a red flag or just a case of nerves?

The girlfriend:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

she learned interpersonal relationships from the awkward girls in high school anime. hands down that's what it is, she thought that was a cute affect but did it so much she can't not do it now, like how people use "like" in place of "um."

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
If anyone wants to send me a lobster for making fun of my small dick, i'm down for it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Palpek posted:

Another good part is the boss still continuing to ask "how the hell do you train a cat?" when everybody moved on to the next thing. It could be an episode of The Office.

Still catching up, but I love the put upon social worker, trying to do the right thing but powerless to stop things from happening.

Eons of pain were contained in that single sigh.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

FantasticExtrusion posted:

r/relationships: I want to emphasize again that we have a very healthy relationship.

I refuse to believe Honey Guy is real.

Edit: holy poo poo this moves fast

I started this thread because I liked /r/relationships but it was too fast and had too little signal to noise, so I wanted others to help me filter. Now this thread is also too fast for me to keep up with and I'm back to clicking reddit. *mutters something about flat circles*

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

David Heinrich posted:

(Yes, it's not normal to insist on only having sex for the purposes of procreation in a healthy relationship to the point where it terrifies you to use birth control)

You're badly misconstruing what she said. She explicitly says she's fine having sex with no intention of procreation, but she knows that pregnancy is a possible risk whenever you have sex and the best you can do is to reduce that risk, a risk that she tries to be mindful of when making a decision to have sex. It's an extremely prudent and practical policy.

It was foolish of her to not be using better birth control than calendar timing, but at the time she was under the impression that her husband was ok with the possibility of more kids. When he made it clear that he adamantly was not ok they started using protection. How unreasonable :geno:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

David Heinrich posted:

Much as I support just taking these stories at face value and assuming the storyteller never lies, that's some vile loving nonsense for a guy who otherwise seems relatively reasonable in the rest of the story to say. He certainly doesn't seem bad to his kids, seeing as how the oldest would apparently hate him leaving and how he insisted he'd still love and support her if she wanted the third child, even if it's not what he wanted. Considering how loving crazy the rest of her story is(Yes, it's not normal to insist on only having sex for the purposes of procreation in a healthy relationship to the point where it terrifies you to use birth control) it's very possible that he made an off hand comment to the effect of the kids stressing him out because he's 27 and has two kids and she took it to mean that he hates their children.

Sitcom guy is loving great though

I didn't read it as "you can only have sex for procreation" or 'terrified of birth control' since she used condoms and had an abortion. Rather I took it to mean she only wanted to have sex with folks she was in a serious, long-term relationship with (vs. hookups).

Bizarre that she kept sleeping with him after the fact.

I would hope that its a case of dad feeling stressed and resentful and depressed and not being able to articulate it well due to being, you know, stressed and depressed. But I have nothing to base that on but hope.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Her: It's cute! It's just the right size for you. Not that it's small, it's just not...

Her: Let me phrase... you're really good at oral.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm [27F] having troubles answering people's questions about my pregnancy, caused some drama with friends (all 20s)

quote:

I'm 7 months pregnant with a child I plan on giving to a wonderful couple, closed adoption. I made this choice because the child was the product of non-consensual sex. I didn't press charges because I was a bit of a party-girl and didn't think I would be believed. I honestly have no idea who the guy was, I just remember trying to push him off and being to drunk to do so.

MY choice to not press charges. MY choice to keep the pregnancy. MY choice to adopt out. I am comfortable with these choices. They are private and personal and I am keeping most of this to myself.

My rear end in a top hat friends and co-workers have turned it into a game. I was hiding the pregnancy until I started really showing a couple weeks ago. I get that people are curious about it. It's rather surprising. But I saw a betting pool being passed around the office...THEY ARE PLACING BETS ON WHO IS THE FATHER! I was shocked and a little hurt.

My friends are also curious. I have one close friend who basically knows everything (she's going to be in the room for the birth for me) and she's not telling anyone. So, rumors are starting. One terrible rumor is that it's my (now former) friend Karen's husband Troy's baby. Karen called me in tears. I went over to her house to tell her to her face it wasn't it possible. She demanded to know the truth. I told her it was none of her business and she blasted me on fb.

Some friends have been really nice to my face but everything gets back to me eventually. Some people are saying that I'm a paid surrogate. I guess that one is ok. I hate that people are talking about me like this. I made ONE blanket statement on fb yesterday: "I guess I can't hide it anymore. Yes, I am pregnant. I am giving a lovely couple the child they have tried to have for years. It's very personal and private and I ask that you all respect that." It's got a bunch of comments but I haven't read them. I'm going to take a big break from social media.

I don't know what else to do or say. I am uncomfortable with everyone's constant questions. I LOVE my job and usually my co-workers. It's my hope that I can suck it up and go back to normal in a few months. Weirdly, I've got great inner-peace with everything because I am so happy to be giving the adopting parents (who are the kindest men I have ever met: a kindergarten teacher and a social worker) something they could never have on their own.

Here's what I need from the readers of this sub: What can I say that isn't a lie but will shut people up without giving out information I'm not comfortable sharing? I don't like calling her (the baby is female) an 'accident'. The two people who know the whole truth (my friend and my doctor) immediately asked me why I didn't report it. I'm ashamed and humiliated. I really don't want to say much of anything. I think a big part of why this is so hard for me and those around me is that I'm usually really talkative and social. Loud-mouthed. I'm in sales so now that I'm showing I'm also dealing with these questions from strangers too. Should I go to my manager about the pool? Laugh it off? Wait for it all to blow over?

tl;dr: I need to figure out what to tell people about my unplanned pregnancy in a polite but firm way that will make them stop speculating.

quote:

UPDATE

Thank you so much for all the support. I'm glad I posted this.

I had a good cry, took an antacid (or 4) and went to the owner, Jim. I told him the truth and I told him that I really didn't want the guys to know and I needed the jokes and talk to stop because it was hurting me. He hugged me and told me he was proud of me (which made me cry again. loving hormones). He gathered the staff and had a quick (what he calls come to Jesus) meeting. He announced that he would fire anyone who made me uncomfortable about my pregnancy on the spot and that all the money from the pool needed to end up on my desk, pronto. He was great. He didn't share any of my personal info, he just protected me and made it quick and easy. After we disbursed, he told me I could have an additional week paid medical (I already have 2 weeks sick/vacation I haven't used).

I am going to text/talk to my friend and tell her she can subtly let people know what happened (especially Karen).

This baby bump is sales gold, I just landed a BIG commission while sitting!

I still think, as great as Jim is, I need to get out of this town. I'll always be a trailer park slut to people around here. My mama died when I was real young and I acted out a lot after that. Everyone knows what I did and won't let me forget. Despite working my rear end off to graduate, working my way up to sales lead, buying my home and fixing it up myself. I'm sick of Oklahoma. I'm thinking maybe somewhere in Oregon or Washington. Real pretty up there.

Again, thank you for all the kind and helpful advice. I feel so much better. This has always been one of my favorite subs to lurk. Thanks.
Talking, to people, works?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

she's negging him imo

cut him down in front of other people to keep his self esteem low and shower him with gifts so he feels loved despite his inadequacies

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Mirthless posted:

she's negging him imo

cut him down in front of other people to keep his self esteem low and shower him with gifts so he feels loved despite his inadequacies

Absolutely. In fact if you read The Gift of Fear I think you'll find th

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Mirthless posted:

she's negging him imo

It sounds like OP thinks his girlfriend is utterly hilarious, so I don't think she's doing a particularly good job of destroying his self-esteem. :laugh:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Can I legally buy heroin for research purposes?

quote:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong subreddit. This is the first and only place I could think of to ask this...

I am in Pennsylvania. Basically, I want to buy heroin for a research/documentary video that I am making. I want to compare buying online vs buying IRL. The video isn't going to show how to buy drugs, but to compare the differences. As far as anonymity, safety, and ease. Is there a way I can do this without facing criminal charges? I am considering going to the police station and explaining everything to see what they say.

Any ideas on how to approach this are greatly appreciated. Thank you

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

fruit on the bottom posted:

Can I legally buy heroin for research purposes?

the whitest person on reddit has logged on

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mirthless posted:

she's negging him imo

He's tripped over a goldmine and started complaining about the inconvenience. Lifetime of lobster and amazon gift cards, just keep leading her into foot in mouth territory.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Outrail posted:

He's tripped over a goldmine and started complaining about the inconvenience. Lifetime of lobster and amazon gift cards, just keep leading her into foot in mouth territory.

quote:

Have you ever cut her off saying "I'm not offended so it's okay. You don't need to explain yourself"? Usually if I feel like I'm digging myself a hole and everyone just stares in silence.. it would turn into what you experience

quote:

No, and it's such a simple suggestion that never crossed my mind in the moment.

Looks like he's going to try talking to his GF.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

rookie mistake, but one everyone has to make once

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

If he's so dumb that it hasn't occurred to do that... I dunno. Wtf.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Outrail posted:

If he's so dumb that it hasn't occurred to do that... I dunno. Wtf.

He's apparently decided to respond with silence every time, which I'm sure is only contributing to her panic

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

He's apparently decided to respond with silence every time, which I'm sure is only contributing to her panic

They deserve each other. It's like a deaf guy and a dumb girl never bothering to learn sign language.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
My [16M] mom had an affair with a man and I was the result. I tried reaching out to my dads and mom side of the family and they both want nothing to do with me. I don't understand why

quote:

Let me apologise for spelling/grammar issues, I am dyslexic so please understand I struggle.

My mom’s side of the family wants nothing to do with me. My dad wants nothing to do with me he is there playing happy loving family with my half siblings. Here I am home alone most of the time and I am vilified and hated by almost everyone for nothing. I did nothing wrong and yet somehow I am the bad guy, I did nothing to my siblings, I did nothing to my grandparents, I did nothing to my aunt/uncles. all of them hate me and for no reason.

I tried talking to them all on Facebook and they all turned me away I have no family apart from my mother who is always busy working. If people find out I am a child of an affair that is somehow my fault and it turns people off me. I don’t understand why my dad, aunt, uncles, and so on want nothing to do with me. They rejected me like I was nothing and I don’t understand why. I did nothing wrong except want to get to know them and yet they reject me.

I don’t understand I am their blood and they shun me for something I had no control over. I live in America, Oregon if you want the state I live in. So it’s not like I am from some weird country that has traditions against people like me. I Live in the United States, and I am going to be a sophomore at school. I just turned 16 two weeks ago and I thought it would be nice if I met some of my other family.

I don’t understand why they don’t want to meet me. I play football, I get good grades, I study hard and yet nothing. It all means nothing it’s just as loving worthless and the loving garbage you throw in the trash every day. I don’t understand why my dad would not even like to meet me, that does not make any sense

tl:dr: I am the result of an affair and no side of the family wants anything to do with me. I don't understand why I did nothing wrong.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Love the new thread title, hate the last bummer story. What the hell, Haifisch.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Haifisch posted:

My [16M] mom had an affair with a man and I was the result. I tried reaching out to my dads and mom side of the family and they both want nothing to do with me. I don't understand why

Could this be the villain of a Lifetime Original Movie? I can't say as I'd blame him for :murder:ing the whole bunch, especially the father who is too good.

That said, this is only one side of the story and we don't know anything about support and whether its been paid.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Bubblyblubber posted:

Love the new thread title, hate the last bummer story. What the hell, Haifisch.
If I had to read it and be bummed out, so do you. :colbert:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Beachcomber posted:

Could this be the villain of a Lifetime Original Movie? I can't say as I'd blame him for :murder:ing the whole bunch, especially the father who is too good.

That said, this is only one side of the story and we don't know anything about support and whether its been paid.

Does it make much difference, though? Even if the father has been paying child support, he's still loving garbage for ignoring his son. Not paying it just makes him doubly so.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

David Heinrich posted:

Does it make much difference, though? Even if the father has been paying child support, he's still loving garbage for ignoring his son. Not paying it just makes him doubly so.

You're right. The movie is from the father's wife's perspective about the discovery of her husbands hidden secret that threatens to tear her perfect family apart.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I started this thread because I liked /r/relationships but it was too fast and had too little signal to noise, so I wanted others to help me filter. Now this thread is also too fast for me to keep up with and I'm back to clicking reddit. *mutters something about flat circles*

Just start a thread in BYOB called "gbs/r/relationships" where people can curate posts from here. :ocelot:

It sounds like OP thinks his girlfriend is utterly hilarious, so I don't think she's doing a particularly good job of destroying his self-esteem. :laugh:

Yeah. I bet she struggles with relationships a lot, so I'm glad she found a guy who's just amused at her shenanigans. I hope they work out. :unsmith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

You're right. The movie is from the father's wife's perspective about the discovery of her husbands hidden secret that threatens to tear her perfect family apart.

I remember a movie my mom watched that was perfect Lifetime.

So there was a doctor whose wife had twins. One boy, and a girl with Downs Syndrome. So he gave the baby girl to his nurse and told her to take it to a home for "those people" because he didn't want his wife to have to deal with it (and because when he was a kid in the loving 30's, his cousin/sister died as a baby and he wanted his wife to be spared that, somehow?); instead he told her the baby was stillborn. But the nurse kept the baby as her own, because she saw the poo poo that went on in the asylums; she got married and lived a nice life with cute baby.

Not the doctor. In fact his family fell apart because he refused to have sex with his wife anymore for fear of another Downs baby. His son was lonely and angry that his parents never did much with him, and wife was depressed and always missing the lost daughter, had a few affairs, hated her husband, the usual Lifetime poo poo.

Of course in the end the doctor escaped with his hosed up crime; he kept every letter and photo from the nurse (because she sent him updates, and kept moving around because he demanded the child back when she was about 5 or so) hidden well past his death, so his elderly wife found out about 40 years after the 'miscarriage' her baby was alive.

I remember watching it and thinking, gently caress this noise, that dude died before his wife could stab him a thousand times with a carving knife. Would have been a much better movie.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Still catching up, but I love the put upon social worker, trying to do the right thing but powerless to stop things from happening.

Eons of pain were contained in that single sigh.

Cat Guy obviously doesn't know the first thing about Service Animals. One of the first things asked of prospective partners is if they can properly tend to the animal's needs. Monthly grooming, good food, vet, etc. A cat can be leash or harness trained to work in a professional setting. It must be on leash at all times. Its toilet needs must be met. An automatic cat box is ideal for an office. You must have water ready at all times. It must have an adequate place to rest. It must go home with you and spend as much time as possible with you. Leaving it overnight is unacceptable.

The Guide Dog is a non-issue because Service Dogs are trained with cats.

However, cats are less reliable than dogs or miniature horses, which is why the US no longer accepts them as Service Animals. They can be therapy or emotional need animals, which do not have the same rights.

My Service Dog is always happy to see a cat, or even another dog, though she prefers to see little kids.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Khazar-khum posted:

Cat Guy obviously doesn't know the first thing about Service Animals. One of the first things asked of prospective partners is if they can properly tend to the animal's needs. Monthly grooming, good food, vet, etc. A cat can be leash or harness trained to work in a professional setting. It must be on leash at all times. Its toilet needs must be met. An automatic cat box is ideal for an office. You must have water ready at all times. It must have an adequate place to rest. It must go home with you and spend as much time as possible with you. Leaving it overnight is unacceptable.

The Guide Dog is a non-issue because Service Dogs are trained with cats.

However, cats are less reliable than dogs or miniature horses, which is why the US no longer accepts them as Service Animals. They can be therapy or emotional need animals, which do not have the same rights.

My Service Dog is always happy to see a cat, or even another dog, though she prefers to see little kids.

I did some googling, and in the UK emotional support animals just aren't a legally recognised thing. The guy was onto a loser from the start with this line of attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

An employee of mine looks like Hitler...

quote:

I need help, because I don't know what I can and cannot legally do...

I have an employee that has apparently decided that it would be funny to get his hair and mustache cut like Adolf Hitler. He is marching around, making comments like "It's like an oven in here" and throwing one arm up in the air in the traditional "Nazi salute" but pretends he's just stretching.

I wish this was a joke.

I know I can't discriminate against somebody for their looks, but what the hell can I do? So far I've just kept him in the back, away from customers, but I'm going to lose business if this keeps up.

Please help me...

New Haven County, Connecticut