Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

business hammocks posted:

The best part of the pepe thing is all the comments explaining that Furie will lose because he doesn't understand how the internet works. I hope the chud gets his life destroyed forever.

It's not like he's got much of a life to destroy, honestly.

safely sodomized posted:

and somehow baked alaska is hilariously dumber than the rest

Somewhere in his ex-wife's basement, thernovitch hurls another empty bottle of grey market Chinese nootropics to the floor, furious that even a single whorl remains in his cerebellum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Best sign at the juggalo march was "dragnets, how do they work" also I arrived too late but apparently the pepes and iii%ers schismed again at the trump really that was there.

Also there was a couple neckbeards dressed in anticom colors watching the juggalo rally from a distance and I pointed them out to an antifa group that was passing nearby :twisted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
anticom is my favorite bunch of pathetic also rans because they just want to be antifa so badly

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

More on Pepe: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8x8gaa/pepe-the-frogs-creator-lawsuits-dmca-matt-furie-alt-right

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
All the persecution complex idiots immediately thinking he's trying to keep folks from posting it on the internet is hysterical

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ruzihm posted:

Best sign at the juggalo march was "dragnets, how do they work" also I arrived too late but apparently the pepes and iii%ers schismed again at the trump really that was there.

Also there was a couple neckbeards dressed in anticom colors watching the juggalo rally from a distance and I pointed them out to an antifa group that was passing nearby :twisted:
I read that the Proud Boys got thrown out of the Trump thing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

anticom is my favorite bunch of pathetic also rans because they just want to be antifa so badly
I thought that anticom would reach lift-off trajectory but it's such a clown show (no offense to juggalos) that apparently not.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I read that the Proud Boys got thrown out of the Trump thing.

Good lord do I need to read about this. Was it a news article or just one of their creepo hangout forums?

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

If he's knocked out from a punch, he's got some non-trivial brain damage now.

That's the thing that annoys me about these videos. Sure the guy is a dumbass and it's fun to see him put in his place but I'm not convinced giving him lifelong brain damage or massive medical bills is A Good Thing.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
boo loving hoo

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Colonel J posted:

That's the thing that annoys me about these videos. Sure the guy is a dumbass and it's fun to see him put in his place but I'm not convinced giving him lifelong brain damage or massive medical bills is A Good Thing.

If there was a better way to deal with Nazism, I'd be all for it.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Colonel J posted:

Yeah but there's a simple way to avoid these possible problems: don't be a nazi.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Colonel J posted:

well if he has brain damage that makes him struggle to cope with society he might relate better to all of the people who he literally wants to murder

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Colonel J posted:

i used to think like this

then i realized

they're literally nazis

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

he doesn't hold a difference of opinion about the way the government is supposed to be organized, he wants to murder millions of people, lets be very clear about this.

i'd say the same thing about punching an Aum Shinrikyo in the face if i was some kind of japanese antifa (probably one of those cargo cult greaser guys)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Good lord do I need to read about this. Was it a news article or just one of their creepo hangout forums?
It was in here:

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/909877810650505216

Oh hey:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/909863837100277760
They served him via a placed ad in his local newspaper. This story has been an unfolding lesson in how to serve court docs to someone who doesn't want to be.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 21:00 on Sep 19, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel J posted:

quote:

“The notion that you can somehow defeat violence by submitting to it is simply a flight from fact. As I have said, it is only possible to people who have money and guns between themselves and reality. But why should they want to make this flight, in any case? Because, rightly hating violence, they do not wish to recognise that it is integral to modern society and that their own fine feelings and noble attitudes are all the fruit of injustice backed up by force. They do not want to learn where their incomes come from. Underneath this lies the hard fact, so difficult for many people to face, that individual salvation is not possible, that the choice before human beings is not, as a rule, between good and evil but between two evils.”

― George Orwell, All Art Is Propaganda: Critical Essays
Though I said this is GBS, I can't get on board with the meme-ing and the orgy of celebration that happens after a Nazi gets punched. IMO it's like kicking someone when they're already down. It's like pissing on a corpse. You punch a Nazi when they're on their feet and intend (by being a Nazi) to do you harm. But once they're on the ground I try to resist taking pleasure in their further humiliation. That's just me.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 21:13 on Sep 19, 2017

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Colonel J posted:

Not to pile on you, but here's the thing about these takes and the "political violence is bad" takes: if it were 2015, how many people would be saying the same thing? At least in my general circles, the liberals and conservatives and all would think that this was funny as hell, because he's a loving Nazi. Now, it's seen as political violence, which implicitly means ceding ground to Nazism as a legitimate political view to contend with.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

both pairs of glasses are too big and not very tacticool

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Though I said this is GBS, I can't get on board with the meme-ing and the orgy of celebration that happens after a Nazi gets punched. IMO it's like kicking someone when they're already down. It's like pissing on a corpse. You punch a Nazi when they're on their feet and intend (by being a Nazi) to do you harm. But once they're on the ground I try to resist taking pleasure in their further humiliation. That's just me.

well you're wrong because unless you plan on shooting that nazi instead you haven't removed any nazis from the equation if you quietly punch one in an alley and nobody is there to see it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

like the point of punching and publicly humiliating nazis is so you don't have to kill or be killed by them later

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

well you're wrong because unless you plan on shooting that nazi instead you haven't removed any nazis from the equation if you quietly punch one in an alley and nobody is there to see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiql5xEdnnk&t=357s

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Actually humiliating nazis is Cool and Good because it punctures their self-image as badass warriors fighting against the judeobolshevik menace something fierce. So basically if you hypothetically happen to punch out a nazi it would be even more effective to also piss on his face.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the first tv show i ever saw the band of brothers/homeland guy in was some drama where he played a sniveling edwardian rapist so i cant see him as anything else

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

apokaladle posted:

Not to pile on you, but here's the thing about these takes and the "political violence is bad" takes: if it were 2015, how many people would be saying the same thing? At least in my general circles, the liberals and conservatives and all would think that this was funny as hell, because he's a loving Nazi. Now, it's seen as political violence, which implicitly means ceding ground to Nazism as a legitimate political view to contend with.

I guess. I realize what I'm saying sounds like the most milktoast centrist high horse bad take possible. I find it funny too when nazis get punched but I just don't like to revel in violence.

Maybe the problem comes from the fact that I don't actually see nazis as having legitimate political views, and thus I have trouble convincing myself they deserve more than being laughed at; punching them feels like giving them legitimacy kinda?

Also I'm not American, I'm not very close to the problem and I'm from a rather subdued society and while we have our own supremacist movements gaining notoriety here, they're still viewed as fringe and violence against them gives them the high horse in the public's eye. Which isn't worth anything in terms of morality, of course.

Colonel J has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Sep 19, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i support crowder and his cosplaying

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel J posted:

I guess. I realize what I'm saying sounds like the most milktoast centrist high horse bad take possible. I find it funny too when nazis get punched but I just don't like to revel in violence.

Maybe the problem comes from the fact that I don't actually see nazis as having legitimate political views, and thus I have trouble convincing myself they deserve more than being laughed at; punching them feels like giving them legitimacy kinda?
for me it's more a "rules of war" thing. even when we were killing nazis by the bushel there were some rules (unevenly enforced) about the fate of prisoners, wounded soldiers, sympathizers, etc.

Al! posted:

like the point of punching and publicly humiliating nazis is so you don't have to kill or be killed by them later
sure. it's violence as a means to an end. so for me, the question is whether adding on these humiliations furthers that goal, or whether it starts confusing ends and means.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

for me it's more a "rules of war" thing. even when we were killing nazis by the bushel there were some rules (unevenly enforced) about the fate of prisoners, wounded soldiers, sympathizers, etc.

That's kind of how I'm feeling it too.

"You hit me then heal me?"
"It's a vocation; we rescue all fighters regardless of their nationality."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sure. it's violence as a means to an end. so for me, the question is whether adding on these humiliations furthers that goal, or whether it starts confusing ends and means.

the humiliation is the key component of the violence that turns others away from fascist action imo, and frankly thank god we have the internet so they can be humiliated relatively painlessly instead of needing to brand or cripple the nazis in some way

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rules of war only apply if both sides respect them, and if you want to see how much nazis actually respect rules of war, take a cursory glance at the Eastern Front.

And the humiliation furthers the goal of neutering the nazi movement, yes.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

basic rules of war like, say, "dont massacre civilians" still apply even if the other side refuses to respect them

not saying punching nazis is near that level but lets not get carried away here

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

the humiliation is the key component of the violence that turns others away from fascist action imo, and frankly thank god we have the internet so they can be humiliated relatively painlessly instead of needing to brand or cripple the nazis in some way
being punched (on camera at that) is humiliating, too. i dunno. i'm wrestling with this, but my feeling is that there's a danger in losing yourself in this poo poo where it becomes personally unhealthy. like taking pictures posing with injured, beaten prisoners or corpses while smiling. i'm having a conversation with myself.

a friend of mine has richard spencer getting punched on a t-shirt. that's a bit far, yeah? well, at the least, it's probably not tactically smart to wear it when walking around on your lonesome.

on par, i think the alt-right is worse in this regard. remember when nathan damigo punched the anti-fascist girl in the face? it was turned into a meme and spread constantly, and more recently on neo-nazi forums of jason fields' car, and of heather heyer's corpse.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Rules of war only apply if both sides respect them, and if you want to see how much nazis actually respect rules of war, take a cursory glance at the Eastern Front.
that's not true. the rules of war always apply regardless of whether your enemy respects them. and tactically speaking, it's not a settled question whether the more extreme stuff carried out during that war damaged the nazis' morale.

and i'm still saying punch nazis.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 22:06 on Sep 19, 2017

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

StashAugustine posted:

basic rules of war like, say, "dont massacre civilians" still apply even if the other side refuses to respect them

not saying punching nazis is near that level but lets not get carried away here

Well, I was speaking in the context of treatment of enemy soldiers, in which case reprisal actions are permissible if the other side breaches the laws of war first. And since nazis marching on the streets are not some kind of innocent bystanders in any way, any comparison to laws of war prohibiting attacks on civilians becomes absurd.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

*DJ Khaled voice*
AND ANOTHER ONE

https://twitter.com/2dAmMuslim/status/910223230786564096

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

being punched (on camera at that) is humiliating, too. i dunno. i'm wrestling with this, but my feeling is that there's a danger in losing yourself in this poo poo where it becomes personally unhealthy. like taking pictures posing with injured, beaten prisoners or corpses while smiling. i'm having a conversation with myself.

a friend of mine has richard spencer getting punched on a t-shirt. that's a bit far, yeah? well, at the least, it's probably not tactically smart to wear it when walking around on your lonesome.

lets turn it around then. what if nobody heard about richard spencer getting punched? would they still be on the back foot? or would they still be building up the head of steam that they had been building up before antifa helped normalize violence against them?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/2dAmMuslim/status/910234187650797568

lmao thernovith gonna get his alimony garnished

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Yeah. The bloodlust that comes from cheering on violence is inherently unhealthy and also shown to be addictive in the sense that once you start experiencing it you'll want more of it.

Al! posted:

lets turn it around then. what if nobody heard about richard spencer getting punched? would they still be on the back foot? or would they still be building up the head of steam that they had been building up before antifa helped normalize violence against them?

They'd be worse off because they'd still be discredited by the Charlotesville thing but whataboutism would be harder and antifa would be thought of as more legitimate.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol how loving dumb do you have to be to think that the whole liberal both sides-ism is in any way linked to what antifa actually do?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Cerebral Bore posted:

lol how loving dumb do you have to be to think that the whole liberal both sides-ism is in any way linked to what antifa actually do?

Well antifa do, in actuality, proudly commit acts of violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Well antifa do, in actuality, proudly commit acts of violence.

Cerebral Bore posted: