Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

dog nougat posted:

MK8 is a lot of fun, but drat there's almost too much content.

I want DLC still.

I’ve been to Mario Kart tournaments before and they’re always just comparing time trial times since even “pros” realize that racing people without items would not be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They figured out how to execute golf

http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Flog#Official_Launch

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I want a version of the joycon holder that replaces the middle portion with a clasp for phones so you can have the Nintendo online app right there for easy access. Let me browse the Splatnet shop between respawns with ease, Nintendo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Those instructions sound hilariously fake. Is that actually it?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Did Iwata love golf or something?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

Those instructions sound hilariously fake. Is that actually it?

Looks like it : https://twitter.com/NinDailyNews/status/910224113960194050

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If those instructions are real that's the most Nintendo thing.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

God Nintendo is the best

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s all about avocado ice cream now. Get with the times, grandpa.

Alton Brown made avocado ice cream before it was cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZy7l107VM4&t=285s

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Reminder that Lego worlds is amazingly good and easily goty before true goty golf story drops this Thursday

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We're a month and a week away from Mario Odyssey. I will buy many game carts, grind them up, and shoot them directly into my veins

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

We're a month and a week away from Mario Odyssey. I will buy many game carts, grind them up, and shoot them directly into my veins

Terrible idea. Your veins don’t have taste buds.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mahoning posted:

Terrible idea. Your veins don’t have taste buds.

I want the bitterness inside me

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
They should enable a theme maker where you can use screenshots and some sample audio to make a theme for the home screen. Games should come with downloadable theme audio, like the Mario Odyssey theme song.

I love the Hyrule Warriors theme I have on my 3DS. I sometimes just let it sit there and rock out before I start a game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do we have a track record for the developer(s) of Golf Story and/or any details of the actual gameplay? Or are people glomming onto it because it looks like Stardew

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I want KK Slider to warble at me whenever I turn on my switch

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do we have a track record for the developer(s) of Golf Story and/or any details of the actual gameplay? Or are people glomming onto it because it looks like Stardew

People are glomming onto it because it looks like the Mario Golf game for GBC.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Fun Times! posted:

Did Iwata love golf or something?

It was the first game he was credited on as Programmer.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

People are glomming onto it because it looks like the Mario Golf game for GBC.

GBA, actually.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

chaleski posted:

I want KK Slider to warble at me whenever I turn on my switch

Same but tortimer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

OK, I did some research on it myself.

"One gameplay section has you rescuing turtles in one story thread, then show up during a match, letting you skim the ball across their backs to cross a tough water hazard"

Day one purchase

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Infinitum posted:

Dear Nintendo

There are too many videos games coming soon on your console
Please eliminate three

Golf Story, Stardew Valley, and Kirby have been cancelled.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Golf Story and Stardew Valley can go but I will fight anyone who tries to take away KIRBY. MOTHERFUCKER.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Marry, kill, gently caress.

Am I doing it right?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

lelandjs posted:

Am I doing it right?

:hfive:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

lelandjs posted:

Am I doing it right?

No you marry Kirby

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I want a version of the joycon holder that replaces the middle portion with a clasp for phones so you can have the Nintendo online app right there for easy access. Let me browse the Splatnet shop between respawns with ease, Nintendo

Nyko's charge grip holds a phone and a lot more besides for $5 less than Nintendo's official charging grip (which does exactly nothing extra). s'a good deal

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Marry golf story gently caress Stardew KILL Kirby

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gently caress Stardew
hmm...

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
More like StarOverdew

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr Cheeto posted:

No you marry Kirby

In your dreams

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Easily the worst post you've ever made

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
DARKEST 👏 DUNGEON 👏 WHEN 👏

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I want the bitterness inside me

You post on something awful, friend. The bitterness has been there from the very beginning.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I want Don't Starve on the Switch.

Also using this post to give a shout out to Kingdom: New Lands. Cool little game that makes it fun to experiment and figure things out.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 20, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

[quote="“Fun Times!”" post="“476566167”"]
I want Don’t Starve on the Switch.
[/quote]

Darkest Dungeon and DS please. DD on the iPad is pretty good but I’d definitely play it on the switch.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

GreenNight posted:

What, you can respec characters in Rabbits?
Thread moves too fast for me but some of the game's challenges pretty much require it if you want to complete them all as soon as they're unlocked. If respec wasn't in I think the game would have suffered greatly. Kinda scary it was a last-minute change since that indicates they actually hadn't considered/tested it earlier.

Also, gently caress Golf Story (so many holes..) marry Stardew (gotta make Grandpa proud) and kill Kirby (starves nations and commits regicide.)

Seriously though, in the first Kirby game, King Dedede had stored food for the nation but Kirby kills him and steals his food just to feed other Kirby's, allowing the starvation of the rest of the world. Plus, that food is no longer a renewable resource because he killed Whispy Woods, who had grown all the apples you see feeding Kirby's at the end. Kirby doomed Planet Popstar to a slow death.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 20, 2017

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DaveKap posted:

Thread moves too fast for me but some of the game's challenges pretty much require it if you want to complete them all as soon as they're unlocked. If respec wasn't in I think the game would have suffered greatly. Kinda scary it was a last-minute change since that indicates they actually hadn't considered/tested it earlier.
They had probably considered/tested it throughout development as a potential design escape hatch in the event that playtesting showed that not being able to respec was too punishing for some players

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

acksplode posted:

They had probably considered/tested it throughout development as a potential design escape hatch in the event that playtesting showed that not being able to respec was too punishing for some players
This is likely but in such a situation I wouldn't call it a "last minute decision" since that usually implies (at least from my perspective) someone had thought of it at the last minute as well. More than likely I'm just not reading the term literally enough. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I beat the game and have done most of the challenges with no respec

Some of the abilities just seem not great, especially for Mario, the one team member you'd theoretically need to respec the most

• Locked thread