Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Give me a zeta mat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

If we can't do the HAAT raid next time, I think I'm going to be done with this game. There's literally no point in even playing if you don't have General Kenobi. It ridiculous.

Edit: Not really. GW is just pissing me off today.

Canemacar fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 19, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I couldn't get past level 4 of tier one of the Ewok challenge.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

If we can't do the HAAT raid next time, I think I'm going to be done with this game. There's literally no point in even playing if you don't have General Kenobi. It ridiculous.

Eh, he's not even that prolific in the meta currently. I see just as many Chaze/Old Ben's. He's a good all-around tank and part of the Kenobi/Zarriss rebel crit counter, but he's not the end-all. As long as you've got CLS and R2, you're doing fine.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 19, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Canemacar posted:

Sorry friend. I really do think we will be ready for it once the r2/ thrawn event comes back around. It'll be a huge boost for the whole guild's dps

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Hockles posted:

I couldn't get past level 4 of tier one of the Ewok challenge.

I just managed to complete the event on my main and alt accounts. Mostly G8 with placeholder mods. EP lead, vader, tarkin, TFP and R2. I ran it a few times until I realized the best times to hold my AOEs and get lucky with stuns. R2 probably wasn't the best choice but he's one of the higher power rating guys I have for this event. His ability to take a hit or two, possible stuns on basic, and set things on fire came in handy. Smoke screen guarantees someone on your team will get focused and die. Vader mostly hit things to kill the weakened DPS, I used EP to stunshock on the waves 4 and 8. TFP would murder everything that wasn't nailed down. Tarkins debuffs saved my rear end on waves that would take more than one round of fighting. I saved his AOE until the final stage and nuked both EEs and Chirpa at the same time. YMMV but good luck!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

I just managed to complete the event on my main and alt accounts. Mostly G8 with placeholder mods. EP lead, vader, tarkin, TFP and R2. I ran it a few times until I realized the best times to hold my AOEs and get lucky with stuns. R2 probably wasn't the best choice but he's one of the higher power rating guys I have for this event. His ability to take a hit or two, possible stuns on basic, and set things on fire came in handy. Smoke screen guarantees someone on your team will get focused and die. Vader mostly hit things to kill the weakened DPS, I used EP to stunshock on the waves 4 and 8. TFP would murder everything that wasn't nailed down. Tarkins debuffs saved my rear end on waves that would take more than one round of fighting. I saved his AOE until the final stage and nuked both EEs and Chirpa at the same time. YMMV but good luck!

Thanks for this, that worked a lot better than what I'd been doing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So if they eventually have a dark side TB, what would they even choose? There isn't really anything in the entire series like the Empire storming Hoth. I mean, I guess they could just do Hoth but from the Imperial side, but that seems kind of boring.

They'll probably do Endor, I guess it doesn't have to make too much sense.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

So if they eventually have a dark side TB, what would they even choose? There isn't really anything in the entire series like the Empire storming Hoth. I mean, I guess they could just do Hoth but from the Imperial side, but that seems kind of boring.

Scariff... or annihilating the Jedi on Coruscant... :(

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Seperatists?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
There's gonna be an inverse hero's journey where JKA fights 6 waves of one health bar younglings

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Crumbletron posted:

There's gonna be an inverse hero's journey where JKA fights 6 waves of one health bar younglings

That would be darkly funny. Only clones, JKA, Sids, would be the ones allowed for the event.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Scariff... or annihilating the Jedi on Coruscant... :(

They could involve all the locations from the clone war. Battle of geonosis, wookie town, Coruscant, the big hole in the ground where Obi-Wan fought grievous

Edit: Let's be realistic though. The current TB is designed to take a guild a very long time to master.

UmOk fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 19, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The current TB demands every hunk of space garbage like Pao and CUP, does DS have enough absolute worthless junkers?

I still love you Ventress

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

The current TB demands every hunk of space garbage like Pao and CUP, does DS have enough absolute worthless junkers?

I still love you Ventress

Mob enforcer?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What about Order 66 deployment?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

What about Order 66 deployment?

Your clone troopers always start first against waves of jedi.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Just give me more dark side that I don't have to farm from 16 energy cantina

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
There are plenty of garbage dark side, though Mob Enforcer is top poo poo. Crappy bounty hunters like Zam, Cad, Dengar, and Greedo. Magmatrooper. The unnamed night sisters (though this might change next month).

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Davethulhu posted:

There are plenty of garbage dark side, though Mob Enforcer is top poo poo. Crappy bounty hunters like Zam, Cad, Dengar, and Greedo. Magmatrooper. The unnamed night sisters (though this might change next month).

Magma can be a valuable Zader asset :colbert:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

My brother swears by magma for raids. Gets decent scores although I recently overtook his with my zader & cls team :smuggo:

Referring to rancor. gently caress tank I hate that raid.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Cactus posted:

My brother swears by magma for raids. Gets decent scores although I recently overtook his with my zader & cls team :smuggo:

Referring to rancor. gently caress tank I hate that raid.

Is he a goon?

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Somehow GW gets worse.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Doji Sekushi posted:

Somehow GW gets worse.

Today I had a full G12 team on my ninth node....

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Doji Sekushi posted:

Somehow GW gets worse.

Managed to beat this exact same team, but it wasn't fun at all. My jedi took out Barris, CLS team took out Kenobi. The rest was taken care of by my clones.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doji Sekushi posted:

Somehow GW gets worse.

Yeah, I had a rough N12 last night. Mother fucker ate 3 teams.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
GW rewards aren't worth the trouble to be honest. 400 tokens for an hour of my life? don't think so. They either need to tone down the difficulty or ramp up the rewards if they are going to make this worthwile. I usually don't even try nodes like these if i have a restart ready.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mister Blueberry posted:

GW rewards aren't worth the trouble to be honest. 400 tokens for an hour of my life? don't think so. They either need to tone down the difficulty or ramp up the rewards if they are going to make this worthwile. I usually don't even try nodes like these if i have a restart ready.

Yeah, I use them to farm the specific characters that have shards in there (working on Zeb at the moment) and if I need just a little bit more currency. And the bullshit contained there in means I'm farming Zeb slower than I know I could.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I had a node 12 Zarris team, who by the end I could not budge her HP even with the Wiggs 1-2. It was the opposite of a cool feeling.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dely Apple posted:

I had a node 12 Zarris team, who by the end I could not budge her HP even with the Wiggs 1-2. It was the opposite of a cool feeling.

Nihilus, dude.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Nihilus, dude.

I still need to gear and star level mine. His special is a very cathartic "gently caress you, just DIE!"

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

RC Cola posted:

Is he a goon?

Not to my knowledge.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

I still need to gear and star level mine. His special is a very cathartic "gently caress you, just DIE!"

Do it. Just, put him on a team with 4 tanks and assassinate Barris so your regular team can clean up.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

BB-8 is coming, my dudes. God help the five heroes you'll need to get him, unspecified but I'm GUESSING Ugnaut, Greedo, Cad Bane, Gammorrian Guard, and of course... I don't know. You get it. You get this.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/133235/character-strategy-bb-8

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Dely Apple posted:

BB-8 is coming, my dudes. God help the five heroes you'll need to get him, unspecified but I'm GUESSING Ugnaut, Greedo, Cad Bane, Gammorrian Guard, and of course... I don't know. You get it. You get this.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/133235/character-strategy-bb-8

God dammit, how am I supposed to level Resistance, Phoenix, Old Ben, and Hoth Rebels at the same time?

I know the answer is :20bux: but still...

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

quote:

R2D2 and BB-8 form the foundation of a new HK-47 led Droid team. Try filling out the team with various other Droids that can combat the enemy you must tackle. For example, B2 Super Battle Droid is excellent when facing enemies with heavy buffs, and either IG-86 or IG-88 can supply more damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dely Apple posted:

Sweet tits, he's going too replace Jawa Engineer AND Chief Nebit in droid teams, opening them up for R2...

HK (L), IG-88, IG-86, BB-8, R2-D2

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
No B2?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

The login character this month is Phasma. It's probably going to be 5 seven star First Order to unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Canemacar posted:

The login character this month is Phasma. It's probably going to be 5 seven star First Order to unlock.

Ha, yeah, probably. Wish they had given away free shards for a FO character I needed, then. Phasma was the only one I had a 7 stars.

Oh well, BB-8 will go to the back of the line for "characters I'll have one day". CLS and Thrawn are at the front of the line.