Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jeb! Repetition posted:

They'd be worse off because they'd still be discredited by the Charlotesville thing but whataboutism would be harder and antifa would be thought of as more legitimate.

wrong as usual jeb, charlottesville wouldn't have happens the humiliating way it did if they didn't walk in there with their siege mentality and their ridiculous costumes looking for a fight with "antifa". we'd probably be talking about unite the right, right now, and they'd be talking about how it was so successful they're going to have one everywhere every month for the people who couldn't make it to cville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

lets turn it around then. what if nobody heard about richard spencer getting punched? would they still be on the back foot? or would they still be building up the head of steam that they had been building up before antifa helped normalize violence against them?

Jeb! Repetition posted:

They'd be worse off because they'd still be discredited by the Charlotesville thing but whataboutism would be harder and antifa would be thought of as more legitimate.
I'm not actually sure. That's the problem with counter-factuals. Though I think Spencer probably didn't *like* getting punched.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
didn't ol spenny stay holed up in his trustfund condo for like a week after that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

in fact its extremely good that the alt right has channeled all their energies into fighting "antifa" and each other because when they were spinning up they were mostly focused on muslims and the transgendered.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is TT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEyL1rDe60w&t=797s

Al! posted:

in fact its extremely good that the alt right has channeled all their energies into fighting "antifa" and each other because when they were spinning up they were mostly focused on muslims and the transgendered.
*thinkface.png*

Hmmm that's a good point

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Al! posted:

wrong as usual jeb, charlottesville wouldn't have happens the humiliating way it did if they didn't walk in there with their siege mentality and their ridiculous costumes looking for a fight with "antifa". we'd probably be talking about unite the right, right now, and they'd be talking about how it was so successful they're going to have one everywhere every month for the people who couldn't make it to cville

Yeah irrational fear is generally how people justify immoral acts against their enemies.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah irrational fear is generally how people justify immoral acts against their enemies.

huh?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh right, i forgot you live in a moral vacuum

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think Jeb is just doing that liberal thing where they excuse personally doing nothing whatsoever to stop the nazis with the idea that trying to stop the nazis somehow actually helps the nazis.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
almost like they're trolling

crazy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

I think Jeb is just doing that liberal thing where they excuse personally doing nothing whatsoever to stop the nazis with the idea that trying to stop the nazis somehow actually helps the nazis.

I am a hundred percent in favor of stopping Nazis, actually.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nah, it's just the desperate scrambling of a liberal who suspects that he's not actually on the moral high ground on this one.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I am a hundred percent in favor of stopping Nazis, actually.

yeah except for the ways that actually work

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nah, it's just the desperate scrambling of a liberal who suspects that he's not actually on the moral high ground on this one.

Pretty sure you're the one who rightly suspects a lack of moral high ground.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Pretty sure you're the one who rightly suspects a lack of moral high ground.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Al! posted:

it's also extremely good that Social Justice Warriors went from critiquing problematic Game of Thrones episodes to fighting actual Nazis

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Punching Nazis is neither irrational nor immoral.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Nonviolence + Civil rights support != Truth In The Middleism

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol who the gently caress gives a poo poo about the liberal moral high ground when there's nazis marching in the streets? it's jeb

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

while that's true, you are falsely putting yourself on the left side. you just want the violence to be fed through channels you approve of

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Nonviolence does not work against an opponent who's main goal is violence, who will never recoil from the atrocities he inflicts, and towards whom state structures are at best tepidly indifferent.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Remember when Jeb was arguing for pages that antifa had never done anything good and then it was pointed out to him that they'd literally saved the lives of black and jewish clergymembers in Charlottesville?

E: And it turned out that he didn't even know of any of this?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Remember when Jeb was arguing for pages that antifa had never done anything good and then it was pointed out to him that they'd literally saved the lives of black and jewish clergymembers in Charlottesville?

"they should have called the police instead" - basically the only argument guys like jeb ever have

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
*nonviolently protests a lynching by closing the blinds*

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

lol who the gently caress gives a poo poo about the liberal moral high ground when there's nazis marching in the streets? it's jeb
by the time libs are ready to give their permission to punch nazis the pogroms will be in full swing already and it'll be too late too do anything about it

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The greatest irony - when Trump's FBI uses this thread as evidence against leftists.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hey remember when three guys in portland tried the tactic of trying to talk the nazi out of being a nazi and he slit all three of their throats?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

THC posted:

by the time libs are ready to give their permission to punch nazis the pogroms will be in full swing already and it'll be too late too do anything about it

By that point the libs will already have thrown in their lot with the nazis and will think that it's all very regrettable but did you see what those reds were trying to do to our taxes?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Al! posted:

hey remember when three guys in portland tried the tactic of trying to talk the nazi out of being a nazi and he slit all three of their throats?

Cerebral Bore posted:

E: And it turned out that he didn't even know of any of this?

I remember! I remember both of these things!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Montasque posted:

The greatest irony - when Trump's FBI uses this thread as evidence against leftists.

the even greater irony, trumps fbi spent so much money during the bush years and first obama term stalking random muslims and other middle easterners, they literally don't have the resources to monitor internet communities like they used to

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

You know this isn't war, right?

Like you're talking about "rules of war" and "don't massacre civilians" when it's punching Nazis so they don't gain further political power. Nobody is getting into gunfights in downtown Boston.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

By that point the libs will already have thrown in their lot with the nazis and will think that it's all very regrettable but did you see what those reds were trying to do to our taxes?

I think the plan is to be passive, and advise everyone to be passive, until eventually passivity and compliance becomes the only rational alternative left to people. then they get to look like they were right all along

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

woops, wrong thread

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Not much we don't know here, but interesting anyways.

https://twitter.com/Hatewatch/status/910247756752662528

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah. The bloodlust that comes from cheering on violence is inherently unhealthy and also shown to be addictive in the sense that once you start experiencing it you'll want more of it.

charlottesville happened because of antifa you fuckin moron

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
bluh bluh bluh charlottesville would have proven how hosed up they all are even tho the only reason it did that was because antifa showed up and cracked heads

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

woops, wrong thread

Here's how IT HAPPENED - Podesta clicked on the wrong link.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Al! posted:

the even greater irony, trumps fbi spent so much money during the bush years and first obama term stalking random muslims and other middle easterners, they literally don't have the resources to monitor internet communities like they used to

they also spent a large chunk of the bush years chasing after communists and other left wingers to the point that they ignored russia buying out the right wing instead

Business Gorillas has issued a correction as of 23:13 on Sep 19, 2017

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeb! Repetition posted:

lol you don't give a poo poo about civil rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's over, Anakin. I have the moral high ground.