Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love everyone in Golden Kamuy, but Ogata is probably the one I'm the most interested in, cause he's always a step apart from everyone else, regardless of who he's with. The 7th Squadron, Hijitaka's group, Sugimoto's group, etc. Really makes you wonder what his end game goal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hate-Senpai posted:

I love everyone in Golden Kamuy, but Ogata is probably the one I'm the most interested in, cause he's always a step apart from everyone else, regardless of who he's with. The 7th Squadron, Hijitaka's group, Sugimoto's group, etc. Really makes you wonder what his end game goal is.

Ogata is hands-down the most interesting character to me; he's my favorite along with Tanigaki.

I think he might sincerely like Asirpa though?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New chapter.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Niiiiice.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

We started with Sugimoto's unnecessary butt shot all the way back in chapter 1.

And now, here we are

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I sincerely hope the anime adaptation for this features everyone dancing over the ED, a la Blood Blockade Battlefront.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
this manga is loving incredible

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Hinna, hinna.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Fanservice and plot progression, all at once. "There go the buttons again." Plus Inkarmat development(?). What a good chapter.

Bad Seafood posted:

I sincerely hope the anime adaptation for this features everyone dancing over the ED, a la Blood Blockade Battlefront.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

At this point tanigaki just needs not even bother with buttons if he can't even contain himself

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
new chapter is out and godDAMN this manga is loving incredible http://bato.to/reader#f4a8692b2c93a36c_1

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

lmbo at Tanigaki covering the rifle

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Mikl posted:

lmbo at Tanigaki covering the rifle

I didn't even realize that was what he was doing, i thought it was some kind of defense mechanism thing like "gotta have the gun nearby".

loving lol.

GlenQuagmire
Jan 1, 2005

Pizza Time!

Oh, Tanigaki... you let your boner betray Mr. Boner :rip:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Ah, well, you never forget your first love at least

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

https://bato.to/reader#9888730c1b7f9de6

How does this manga keep getting better? :allears:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Golden Kamui: B-Side: The Ballad of Plucked Chest Hair

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!

blizzardvizard posted:

Golden Kamui: B-Side: The Ballad of Plucked Chest Hair

Some fan actually recorded their own version of that song. It's pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO6Oi2WttVQ

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

HouseofGlass posted:

Some fan actually recorded their own version of that song. It's pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO6Oi2WttVQ

incredible

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
this chapter is a reminder that Sugimoto is kind of terrifying to most people

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Also a reminder that Ienaga is just as murderous as ever.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

DoubleDonut posted:

this chapter is a reminder that Sugimoto is kind of terrifying to most people

Sugimoto has fought almost everyone in all three groups and has come out either equal or on top every time, so he's actually the scariest motherfucker of the entire series. He's just also fun and goofy and our protagonist so we don't think of it

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Sugimoto has fought almost everyone in all three groups and has come out either equal or on top every time, so he's actually the scariest motherfucker of the entire series. He's just also fun and goofy and our protagonist so we don't think of it

This is why the ainu village massacre will always be my favourite chapter. You have these nigh unkillable, super buff, super skilled motherfuckers who have repeatedly fought each other to a standstill, and they finally have a chance to let loose on some poor bandits who are nowhere near their level :allears:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I didn't realize until now that Inkarmat has a very small lip tattoo.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I think that's just...makeup? Lip tattoos are only for married women as far as I know.

By the way, I LOVE how much time in their hands those Japanese 3D modelers seem to have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hNSJ9WhYtg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41aibSejDig

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 7, 2017

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I also think it's makeup, but until she gets a color spread (or shows up in the anime I guess?) I don't think I could say for sure. I think unmarried women can get lip tattoos, though, but the big ones surrounding their mouths they don't get until they're married. Maybe.

But anyway,

Oh, Ienaga! You card!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
They may get killed over and over but I still continually appreciate how tough the members of the Whatever Division are. They got some fight in em, even that random guy thrown through the window was still reaching for his sword and ready to go.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Punkin Spunkin posted:

They may get killed over and over but I still continually appreciate how tough the members of the Whatever Division are. They got some fight in em, even that random guy thrown through the window was still reaching for his sword and ready to go.

Yeah, they do get beaten by the protagonists a lot but each member of the 7th Division is actually incredibly skilled, it's just that they're up against the likes of Sugimoto.

I still remember how one dude had his loving face clawed off by a bear and he was still able to get back up and kill the bear later before dying of his wounds.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

Hate-Senpai posted:

I still remember how one dude had his loving face clawed off by a bear and he was still able to get back up and kill the bear later before dying of his wounds.

That was the most badass moment in the entire manga so far, in my opinion.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah I was bout to say, that's definitely still my favorite nameless member of 7th Division. dude was hardcore af

Golden Kamui really is the gift that keeps on givin

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Dude also gets some more development later, when it's revealed he and his crew were planning on ditching Tsurumi.

I like it when authors don't forget about characters just because they died.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
He shows up in war flashbacks a lot, too, if you look for him.

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!

Negrostrike posted:

I think that's just...makeup? Lip tattoos are only for married women as far as I know.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

I also think it's makeup, but until she gets a color spread (or shows up in the anime I guess?) I don't think I could say for sure. I think unmarried women can get lip tattoos, though, but the big ones surrounding their mouths they don't get until they're married. Maybe.

No, Ainu women got tattoos before they were married. They got them first at around Asirpa's age (12-13), and then the tattoos were made bigger at 15-16. Getting a tattoo was considered a requirement for a woman to be married. I believe the tattoo was expanded on again after marriage (they mentioned that the grandma has a big tattoo because she was married to an important man), but women definitely got tattoos in Ainu culture before marriage. I'd say that Inkarmat definitely has a mouth tattoo as well, although it's not easy to tell.

This is probably the clearest picture of it that I could find, at the end of chapter 115. You can see how it goes out past where lipstick would go, towards the cheeks:

There's a bit of info about that and a lot of good info about other stuff on this site, if you're interested:

http://www.ainu-museum.or.jp/en/study/eng11.html

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Ah, cool! I thought she had a tiny little line around her mouth because of the way it looks sometimes when she smiles but wasn't totally sure.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/kamuycentral/status/909107329685110784

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I love this page so much

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I love this page so much

Ho poo poo, thanks for posting that. I've been looking for that page.

Best face is with Sugimoto btw.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Hey thanks for the link to this twitter is it very good.

https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/909986010418704384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah! That twitter is great, everyone should follow for the boner updates