Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like their horsey sauce and french dips and cheddar beefs

e: and curly fries yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i haven't seen an arby's since i was like 13 but i've always resented them because they usurped the orange julius at our local mall

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Arby's is nowhere near as bad as Taco Bell/McDonalds/Burger King/all that poo poo

plus between 2 and 5 every day you can get a chicken slider, a curly fry, and a milkshake for three American dollars

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

i haven't seen an arby's since i was like 13 but i've always resented them because they usurped the orange julius at our local mall

If you have a dairy queen, just go there. I found out that dairy queens more or less contain most, if not all, of orange julius' menu iirc

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've never heard of Arby's having a bad reputation re: food poisoning or whatever, but I would rather have any burger than any of their roast beef sandwiches

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One day I'm gonna be brave and stupid enough to try the Arby's Meat Mountain.

KCB and I will get one and split it.

It will be awful, terrible, and we'll write out a will before hand.

It'll be gooooood.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Their meat doesn't taste like meat

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i'm glad food disgusts me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I've never heard of Arby's having a bad reputation re: food poisoning or whatever, but I would rather have any burger than any of their roast beef sandwiches

Arby's reputation is no-poo poo completely based off this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vxQqdFOeoM

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

al-azad posted:

You killed it, you sons of bitches.Back in my day we didn't have Amazon! We drove 45 minutes to town on dirt roads for our vidyagames.

The ad doesn't even mention having to get a slip of paper from the wall of games, then bring it to a counter that was usually adjacent to the storage area which sometimes had windows you could actually see into.

I don't know if they had that system in the 80's or if it was an early to late 90's thing only.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lmao, they figured out how to run the hidden NES golf ROM on the switch, you have to boot up the console on the anniversary of Iwata's death, hold the joycons and make Iwata's famous direct hand gesture

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The ad doesn't even mention having to get a slip of paper from the wall of games, then bring it to a counter that was usually adjacent to the storage area which sometimes had windows you could actually see into.

I don't know if they had that system in the 80's or if it was an early to late 90's thing only.

Depends on the store, I think. It was like that from the first time I got taken there and they didn't really get rid of it in our local store until like the 360 or PS3.

Worked pretty well for getting you to buy the cheap impulse clearance games because they'd leave those on the shelves. Also remember thinking I was a clever kid for going in there, taking the slip of a game I wanted but couldn't get, and taking it with me. "Surely nobody will be able to buy this copy while I have the slip of paper!"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

IIRC Lizard Wizard gets really freaked out if you make a Lizard Wizard

When did I do this?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

homeless snail posted:

lmao, they figured out how to run the hidden NES golf ROM on the switch, you have to boot up the console on the anniversary of Iwata's death, hold the joycons and make Iwata's famous direct hand gesture

Turn all the lights out and say "please understand" to the mirror three times

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

For the record I love seeing more scaly spellcasters in the world, but if you name one Lizard Wizard that's gonna raise my eyebrow.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

homeless snail posted:

:unsmith:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lizard Wizard posted:

When did I do this?

Mario Golf: World Tour thread. There was a user named Wizard, whose Mii was a lizard. Or maybe the other way around. Anyway you did not seem to like it iirc

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

Mario Golf: World Tour thread. There was a user named Wizard, whose Mii was a lizard. Or maybe the other way around. Anyway you did not seem to like it iirc

Surely you can understand that, in a goon gaming community, if someone is a wizard named Lizard, that I might think someone might be trying to impersonate me.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 19, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
YO WHAT UP GAMES UP THREAD AFTER A WEEK AND A HALF I FINALLY HAVE POWER AGAIIIIIIIN

Rabbids and the Switch kept me sane the past 10 days if you were wondering which is the best console this generation

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How have you been charging your switch?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

How have you been charging your switch?

Sleeping at my brother's house/work

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/KazeSSBM/status/910070822559154176

Nintendo adds another kill to their list of fan projects.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Grapplejack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LibKSrVYytc

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Grapplejack posted:

That's not even just one project either, he made a lot of amazing Mario 64 hacks.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is that the chain chomp guy

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

That's not even just one project either, he made a lot of amazing Mario 64 hacks.

Dude shouldn't have been so prideful:

quote:

"Nintendo hasn't contacted me," he reveals. "This whole 'DMCA meme' needs to stop. Even if they did, there are already thousands of alternate download links. Some people get irrationally mad at other people for sharing Nintendo fan games, because they think they're going to get DMCA'd due to the publicity. There's nothing that can stop this fan project now, though.”

But they sure can take down a Patreon though. I mean that was your other problem. Promoting your Patreon, getting dosh every month and giving out the actual rom of the game w/modifications.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Dude shouldn't have been so prideful:

But they sure can take down a Patreon though. I mean that was your other problem. Promoting your Patreon, getting dosh every month and giving out the actual rom of the game w/modifications.

:laffo: what?!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

At least that's what I saw here last week:

quote:

My issue with Kaze is that he just gives out already patched ROMs in his descriptions, which is still largely just giving out mostly Nintendo's own game.

Can't actually verify it myself now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah, he posted a link to the rom on his twitter right after that tweet, also

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well that's highly illegal lol.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Just delete it within 24 hours brah!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Patreon is entirely donation based and literally nobody should be able to shut that down unless you are doing something that is against real laws like say distributing roms to your patrons

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I have problems with how Nintendo handles Youtube and Twitch stuff, but when you play with fire so hard like that guy like that like what are you expecting lmao

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Patreon: "Hey guys we found a good solution to content creators not being able to profit off of the stuff they make- all it takes is clarifying that you're taking donations instead of providing a service, you can even offer rewards as long as you are explicit about how your patrons are not your employers. And to make it even better, you can make posts that only your paying pledges can see, so you can give them rewards based on their donation amount! You get all this with only one catch: Do not break any laws in distributing your rewards."

Mario Guy: "I pre-patched all these roms so you don't have to do it, I could provide only the patch tool and have you do it yourself but it's complicated so here you go lol"

Patreon: "..."

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Goddamn how dumb do you have to be to give out the patched rom instead of an ips file. I mean really.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

Patreon: "Hey guys we found a good solution to content creators not being able to profit off of the stuff they make- all it takes is clarifying that you're taking donations instead of providing a service, you can even offer rewards as long as you are explicit about how your patrons are not your employers. And to make it even better, you can make posts that only your paying pledges can see, so you can give them rewards based on their donation amount! You get all this with only one catch: Do not break any laws in distributing your rewards."

Mario Guy: "I pre-patched all these roms so you don't have to do it, I could provide only the patch tool and have you do it yourself but it's complicated so here you go lol"

Patreon: "..."

An intellectual: "Doesn't the fact he changed a substantial amount of the game mean it's a transformative work so it's okay?"

Man An Intellectual you're really, you're really busting balls here.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In this case nah, it's different than say using the Doom engine to make a totally different game (which a lot of developers did back in the day), the romhack as presented has a whole lot of stuff hacked out of it but at its core it's still Mario 64 and he's uploading a copy of it that is already against the law just by existing- rom dumps and emulation in general are straight up not legal.

The only emulation that's pretty much legal to do is stuff like EPSXE/PCSX2 or Dolphin where you have to provide your own real console's real BIOS and use your real discs to play. Obviously nobody does that because it's way harder than "go to emuparadise and download mario bros for wii.rom.zip", but in theory that's a way to do emulation that can't have action taken against it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Goddamn how dumb do you have to be to give out the patched rom instead of an ips file. I mean really.

a goon ruined christmas for his children to buy doobie a vent hood for his shack that sold wal mart hot dogs. the truth is the internet never made anyone stupid, it just made it apparent how stupid everyone is

CJacobs posted:

rom dumps and emulation in general are straight up not legal.

fun fact, the emulator itself technically is legal unless you're using illegally-obtained firmware (and game software ofc). like if you reverse-engineered an operating system that felt and worked almost exactly like mac os and could run mac-formatted executables--.app files or whatever the gently caress they're called--but had none of apple's proprietary code under the hood, technically, you're in the clear... uh, right?

vox? :v:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 20, 2017

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

YO WHAT UP GAMES UP THREAD AFTER A WEEK AND A HALF I FINALLY HAVE POWER AGAIIIIIIIN

Rabbids and the Switch kept me sane the past 10 days if you were wondering which is the best console this generation

Oh wait you were in the area of that hurricane yah? Glad to see you are ok man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

even reverse engineering can be kind of a grey area cause rewriting from scratch code based on something you've disassembled can be considered a derived work, if you're doing that poo poo commercially the right way is to have a reverse engineering team detail the design of the thing to a separate implementation team so no one is mentally contaminated by the original code. that's why emulator and homebrew teams don't gently caress with leaked official SDKs and have occasionally had to rewrite stuff when it comes out that some contributor was doing things the wrong way

• Locked thread