Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Patreon is entirely donation based and literally nobody should be able to shut that down

wait wha-

quote:

unless you are doing something that is against real laws like say distributing roms to your patrons

oh I see what you did there :)

"pride goeth before a DMCA takedown"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video games want to be free

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shindragon posted:

Oh wait you were in the area of that hurricane yah? Glad to see you are ok man

Got hit by the eyewall BABEEEE

Thanks, the worst part was just the week and a half without power, it was weakened quite a bit by the time it got to us. It's been hot AF

It does make me want to buy a portable charging thing that I can plug my Switch into tho. The system is basically perfect but I had to wait until I had access to an outlet to charge it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jay Rust posted:

Video games want to be free

That one entrepreneur was right. The OUYA CEO Lady.

Free the Games.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Visually, Mega Man X is the most boring character in his own series. Agree or strongly agree?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Visually, Mega Man X is the most boring character in his own series. Agree or strongly agree?

when i was six years old mega man x was the raddest robot in the goddamn world

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

when i was six i thought power rangers was good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

List of characters in Mega Man X that look cooler than X:

Vile
Zero
Chill Penguin
Spark Mandrill
Armored Armadillo
Launch Octopus
Boomer Kuwanger
Sting Chameleon
Storm Eagle
Flame Mammoth
That one spike roller enemy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

He's gotta look a little lame so that you feel rad as hell when you get the armor.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well yeah X is the most boring design, which makes all his ultimate armors make him look badass.

Guess I"ll kick it off, which is the best one then.

I kinda like X1's ultimate armor for how simplistic it was. X3/X4 got a bit too design heavy.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Who's the coolest MegaMan? My vote is on the one from Legends.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

homeless snail posted:

lmao, they figured out how to run the hidden NES golf ROM on the switch, you have to boot up the console on the anniversary of Iwata's death, hold the joycons and make Iwata's famous direct hand gesture

isnt it cool how theres been an nes emulator on the switch since launch and yet there's no VC

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ive played that and its awful

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

isnt it cool how theres been an nes emulator on the switch since launch and yet there's no VC

Nintendo's too busy devoting those resources to releasing Turbografx 16 games on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lizard Wizard posted:

when i was six i thought power rangers was good

you've made 20 power rangers video in like the past month

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can play 16-bit Sonic on the Nintendo Switch but not 16-bit Mario

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

mega man volnutt is the best mega man named mega man. aile is the best mega man who is not named mega man

megaman.exe is the best hub

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this is ghost iwata's special emulator, and only plays ghostly iwata games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's awesome

al-azad
May 28, 2009

ive played that and its awful

I mean, it's no Vexx. Or Kya. Or Evil Twin.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I hope you're posting this because you think dr. muto is really good and NOT on some level of irony cause guess what dr. muto IS really good

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
And Kirby outlasted all of these platforming mascots.

He didn't even need clothes to do it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

you've made 20 power rangers video in like the past month

ok see - there are kernels of enjoyable stuff within power rangers such as enjoyably bad writing and acting, cool moves and anything involving Rita and her free. i am making power rangers good by excising the rest of the show to make episodes that are, in fact, mostly good.

i cut like 75% of each episode because 75% of it is bad

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

And Kirby outlasted all of these platforming mascots.

He didn't even need clothes to do it.

pardon me but Kirby has shoes as well as many hats

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Really Pants posted:

pardon me but Kirby has shoes as well as many hats

Are we sure those are shoes?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Are we sure those are shoes?

Yes.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this chat is now cursed

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I just learned that the pink box form Kirby sometimes takes when using stone power in Smash Bros is a garbage block from Panel de Pon

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

this but only if you kick all the dogs and commit terrorism

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Gah!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

I think this means I die in seven days or something, like in the Ring?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im changing baby diapers while my wife plays mvci's embarrassing story. We can't decide whos having more fun

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is Mega Man X supposed to be serious? Because those gaint boots they wear are hilarious.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Is Mega Man X supposed to be serious? Because those gaint boots they wear are hilarious.

I mean, it's supposed to be, yes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the mega man x games try very hard to be serious but also have basically no momentum in anything they do plot wise. like a lot of the drama and characters in in x4 exist solely in x4 and even with the world looking like a goddamn wasteland in x6, x7 immediately drops you in a futuristic city

the zero games are way more successful at it but the best ones of those are still the ones that let you skip cutscenes, and by zx the series doesn't really get that dark at all. well, outside of mass murder

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 20, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Does anybody ever do LPs of fighting games mainline stories? Tekken's sounds bananas but YouTube is more about tournament highlights and such.

Also:

Real hurthling! posted:

Im changing baby diapers while my wife plays mvci's embarrassing story. We can't decide whos having more fun

This just makes me want to know what happens in the story more.

We have the change table in a different room to the TV so I'll be changing mini machinegun and hearing my wife shout at something dramatic on TV so I have to get a recap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Does anybody ever do LPs of fighting games mainline stories? Tekken's sounds bananas but YouTube is more about tournament highlights and such.

Also:

This just makes me want to know what happens in the story more.

We have the change table in a different room to the TV so I'll be changing mini machinegun and hearing my wife shout at something dramatic on TV so I have to get a recap.

Yeah, channels like maximilian and vesperarcade and super couch fighters do fgc lps

The story is bad because its load, cutscene, load, cutscene, fight, load
And the dialog and graphics are terrible

• Locked thread