Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Nihilarian posted:

I was under the impression that you could redo the dungeons and get the updated rewards?

doesnt seem that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
I just DLed this and I have little idea what I am doing. Going through a bunch of event dungeons and I just did the 11 relic draw for 25 mithril. What do I do with all these orbs and all this extra equipment?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
make abilities with the orbs, upgrade the equipment however much you can and wear the equipment

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
So I don't need to hoard this stuff?

Also, should I be adding these friends/roaming warriors at the end of the dungeon?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Polish posted:

I just DLed this and I have little idea what I am doing. Going through a bunch of event dungeons and I just did the 11 relic draw for 25 mithril. What do I do with all these orbs and all this extra equipment?

The Dungeon Update Lucky Draws are usually very good value for relics; however, avoid the other half price draws if possible (the "Newcomer's Welcome Relic Draw" lucky draws for FF7, X and XIII) as they have a high chance of leaving you with some really poor relics long-term. They can be good at first just to get some 5 star equipment in your heroes hands, but stuff with good Soul Breaks will give much better returns.

Coming up in less than a week or so will be the 30th anniversary that is going to have some really good relic banners and it will be worthwhile to save up more mythril in anticipation of that.

You should check out the discord as there's lots of goons willing to help on there.

What 5 star relics did you get from your draw by the way?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Polish posted:

Click on the button at the bottom called upgrade.

In the "create abilities" button within, you can make abilities with orbs and gold. Feel free to make what you want, the orbfest coming up in a week will ensure you're not wanting for orbs much.

1* abilities worth crafting are few and far between. There are some good 2* abilities that can help you clear content, like tempo flurry (2 hit melee attack that can slow) and wind blade and some of the -a (fira, watera, erc) spells.

Generally it'll be the three star and above abilities that help you really​ kill stuff, but for just starting feel free to make some abilities because they'll do more damage than just attacking.

I would recommend not spending mythril on any existing banners because the fest coming up in about a week and change will have very very high power relics in it, with some efficient 25 mythril pulls scattered within. The newbie banners include older relics that are relatively underpowered. This isn't a complete dealbreaker for a new player, who can benefit from 5* relics from any source and may not always be able to make the best use of new relics immediately, but I mean it kinda makes sense to just wait a little longer to pull on overall higher quality banners.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

saltylopez posted:

What 5 star relics did you get from your draw by the way?

I got some kind of rainbow 5 star staff that says unique and a lever action 5 star gun that says super. The rest were 4 star weapons and armor.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Polish posted:

So I don't need to hoard this stuff?

Also, should I be adding these friends/roaming warriors at the end of the dungeon?

Usually I add folks with SBs I would use a lot, like cloud USB and rikku usb. You'll figure out what you like and don't like with experience. For new players, RWs are all generally going to be very helpful in clearing early realm dungeons, because a level 80 orlandeau OSB is like bringing a howitzer a swordfight.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Honestly depending on how they schedule everything, any new player this coming week has a decent chance to reroll for an optimal start between the free 60 mythril and the free 30 draw. Not a bad time for an alt account if you're into that time investment.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

Honestly depending on how they schedule everything, any new player this coming week has a decent chance to reroll for an optimal start between the free 60 mythril and the free 30 draw. Not a bad time for an alt account if you're into that time investment.

How do you make alt accounts? Make a new Gmail/apple id and log in through that? Cause that sounds annoying to micromanage. Or can you flat out delete your account and remake it?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
There are also event dungeons that are released each Thursday that you should try and progress as far as you can each week. They give better rewards (more orbs and eggs) than the normal dungeons and will also unlock new characters and memory crystals (these break level caps) for those characters as you get farther and farther.

It sounds like you got something for Aerith and Vincent.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Attestant posted:

:stare:

Well now, this is going to be a dilemma next time a dungeon update arrives.

otoh you get 10 mythril if you've got 800+ dungeons completed when the revamp rolls out.

Also chances are good that the rewards for dungeon updates between now and the revamp are closer to the revamped rewards than all the early dungeons you've probably already done.

Personally I'm at 733 dungeons complete, and I'm going to have all of the current ones finished before the anniversary. Only 30 more to go!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Pander posted:

How do you make alt accounts? Make a new Gmail/apple id and log in through that? Cause that sounds annoying to micromanage. Or can you flat out delete your account and remake it?

Android emulators for your computer can play the game pretty well. That or have multiple devices and accounts to associate with the game. I started one during the second anniversary fest but wound up giving it to my cousin when I realize I had zero interest in playing all the same content twice.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I haven't been playing for a few weeks and am catching up on current content - are either of the current Tactics banners worth pulling on as far as new relics go?

I am way overpowered in this realm, and I am very okay with getting buffer.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

KataraniSword posted:

As someone who had Orlandeau at Lv99 for about four months before drawing his OSB: Do it. That RM is seriously fantastic and if you don't need to SB spam, Orlandeau is one of the best characters out there based on stats and skill selection. Even with no relics he was my go-to Cid Mission filler for FFT, and I'm sure I could've found use for him in other things.

Thunder God RM is pretty awesome for Jump Start Battles, especially if you need to get a wall out ASAP.

Speaking of Jump Start Battles, the Tactics one was stuuuuuupid easy.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
You should probably 100-gem them because they have good things on them, but basically it's one of those banners where they've already been one-upped by previous banners (Bartz, Edge) and are going to be one-upped in the future (Shadow, FFTA, FFT-Orlandeau Edition).

If you don't have ultimate Bartz, Delita seems to be a decent option though.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

1st AD posted:

I haven't been playing for a few weeks and am catching up on current content - are either of the current Tactics banners worth pulling on as far as new relics go?

I am way overpowered in this realm, and I am very okay with getting buffer.

No. Orbfest and related banners in a week. Save mythril. Next FFT banner is also nuts compared to this one

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I think the next Tactics banner is literally all the good stuff on this one (except Delita's stuff) plus some.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

otoh you get 10 mythril if you've got 800+ dungeons completed when the revamp rolls out.

Also chances are good that the rewards for dungeon updates between now and the revamp are closer to the revamped rewards than all the early dungeons you've probably already done.

Personally I'm at 733 dungeons complete, and I'm going to have all of the current ones finished before the anniversary. Only 30 more to go!

The biggest reward boosts are in the early DUs, before they went to the standardized "8 dungeons, 10 stamina shards, trash-trash-boss" model. Judging by the numbers on the newest realms (X-2, CC-VII, and XIII-2), DU 39 is the point where the rewards are unchanged, since XIII-2's realm dungeons are entirely unchanged in rewards, and X-2/CC-VII are greatly diminished in reward amounts compared to other realms. That's just quick napkin math on it, though, I don't exactly have the means to compare every last reward then vs reward now.

Elites seem to have the biggest boost in orbs (Classics instead have a lot more characters/MC1s/hero souls), so if you have most of your classics done but have been putting off the Elites, there's less harm in keeping that trend up.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I think the next Tactics banner is literally all the good stuff on this one (except Delita's stuff) plus some.

Ovelia's BSB doesn't come back, which can suck if you pulled her USB and LMR already. Past that, yeah, Delita's the only one left out in the cold for the FFTA banners.

EDIT: Honestly, more than anything, I think the biggest argument in favor of holding off for literally six months to clear new content is:

Once you get rolling on a half-stamina period, you can probably knock out everything in a single week of dedicated play at most.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 19, 2017

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
^ Yeah I was wondering if stamina would be able to stack like that, that's pretty sweet.

Six months tho... does the orb difference apply only to new DU's, or everything?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

jebeebus posted:

^ Yeah I was wondering if stamina would be able to stack like that, that's pretty sweet.

Six months tho... does the orb difference apply only to new DU's, or everything?

Everything. The rehaul completely reworked dungeon rewards from as early as the very first realm dungeon. Shortened almost all of the old ones, too, so no more spending 101 stamina to clear a stage.

Ultimately, you're going to miss out on some, if not most, of that 1860 major orb difference unless you start a brand new account when it hits. Most week-1 players have very likely missed out on 90% of it already, but in exchange we've gotten a whole slew of other bonuses including free skills, event orbs/mythril, and - perhaps most notably - a significant number of accessories that either are never coming back or will only come back in limited quantities.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Somewhere out there, there's a day 1 player who only has 60 stamina, and he's ready to cash in.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
I guess it could be worth it for me to wait. I just recently completed all the Classic dungeons, but still have about 130 Elite dungeons left. Might not be so bad to leave behind some mythril I can farm later on.

Meanwhile my best 5* abilities are R2's of Full Break, Multi Break, Quake Strike, Tornado Strike and Flare, oh and an R3 Ultra Cure. Guess I'll see how I feel after the orbfest.

Fister Roboto posted:

Somewhere out there, there's a day 1 player who only has 60 stamina, and he's ready to cash in.

I saw a post on reddit of some guy who only played for two weeks before getting bored of the game, but for some reason still kept doing the daily logins for over a year and has nearly 900 mythril just sitting there...

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 19, 2017

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm probably still going to do new dungeons just to knock them out. I've already cleared every single one to this day, and if the rewards really aren't doing anything different as we get to the sidegames, then it's not really helpful to me to stop now.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It should be noted that the free USB they're giving out for this anniversary is actually rather good.

It's for Tyro and gives Hastega and ATK, DEF, MAG, RES and MND +15%.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Dr Pepper posted:

It should be noted that the free USB they're giving out for this anniversary is actually rather good.

And does a totally sweet (if weak) 15-hit attack. It pretty much makes his OSB (even more) entirely obsolete.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ceaselessfuture posted:

You should probably 100-gem them because they have good things on them, but basically it's one of those banners where they've already been one-upped by previous banners (Bartz, Edge) and are going to be one-upped in the future (Shadow, FFTA, FFT-Orlandeau Edition).

If you don't have ultimate Bartz, Delita seems to be a decent option though.

Indeed. Delita with his USB and BSB is just as good as Bartz in a vacuum. Bartz is easier to buff though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Schwartzcough posted:

And does a totally sweet (if weak) 15-hit attack. It pretty much makes his OSB (even more) entirely obsolete.

Don't make everybody who will get it and only it in the 30 Draw feel bad.

(Like me)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Pepper posted:

Don't make everybody who will get it and only it in the 30 Draw feel bad.

(Like me)

Apparently the odds of going 1/30 are something like 1.2%.

Eagerly waiting to see which goon draws the short straw!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

NaanViolence posted:

Indeed. Delita with his USB and BSB is just as good as Bartz in a vacuum. Bartz is easier to buff though.

I'm not quite sure I'd call Delita USB equivalent to Bartz USB. ATK+30%/RES+25%/50% Critfix is better than ATK+30%/DEF+30%, sure, but I'm not sure Instant Cast 2 and +10% Weakness Damage makes up for Bartz's Barrage chasers and 15s Quickcast Spellblade. The USB/BSB combo is good, absolutely, and I'd put it above any of Bartz's BSBs...on their own. Bartz USB sadly blows Delita out of the water unless there's resistance issues.

Luckily, the two have zero overlap on elements, so there's no reason you can't run both or, as will be viable in the Crystal Towers, alternate them. :v:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Both Bartz and Delita use fire, actually

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Dr Pepper posted:

Is it free free? Or the lol prize for flubbing the 30 draw?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Thundercracker posted:

It's a completely different reward unrelated to the 30 draw.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Thundercracker posted:

The lol prize for flubbing the 30 draw would be his OSB. You don't get it for free, but it's the absolute worst draw you can get. :v:

The USB is the grand prize for that "30th Anniversary Dungeon" they mention at top of their schedule.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
You know, initially I was a bit buttsad about the Realm Dungeon rework, because I blasted through and am sitting at 193 stamina, then I realized how amazing it is to sleep for 9 hours and still be refreshing stamina.

That and I mostly blasted through the dungeons with no difficulty at all, and it sounds like it's going to be actual work in the future.

I'm A OK with this.

also, reddit is telling me Umaro BSB is pretty good. What are the veteran opinions here on it?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Tyro's OSB itself is the worst, but at least the weapon it's attached to is actually a really good stat stick for Tyro, Alphinaud, and Onion Knight. Synergy doesn't do it any favors, but great in situations where synergy isn't a consideration anyway. Also good for when OK or Tyro need to go hybrid for some fights.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

also, reddit is telling me Umaro BSB is pretty good. What are the veteran opinions here on it?

AoE Ice/NE with En-Ice on entry is okay, pretty standard and it gets hit by both the enspell and AoE taxes so it isn't worth writing home about. CMD2 is your standard 3-hit single Atk/Res bargain, pretty boring still...

CMD1 gives a 40% MaxHP heal to one unit, and gives that unit a single pop of Instant Cast. It's a spammable single-target Noctis SSB aimable Fires Within/Powerchain.

poo poo's good.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 20, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

ceaselessfuture posted:

You know, initially I was a bit buttsad about the Realm Dungeon rework, because I blasted through and am sitting at 193 stamina, then I realized how amazing it is to sleep for 9 hours and still be refreshing stamina.

That and I mostly blasted through the dungeons with no difficulty at all, and it sounds like it's going to be actual work in the future.

I'm A OK with this.

Apparently(?) we also get 10 myth for having 800+ dungeons beat, so that's not nothing either.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Pander posted:

Apparently(?) we also get 10 myth for having 800+ dungeons beat, so that's not nothing either.

I mean I'd much rather have 1,800 major orbs than 10 mythril but I'm not gonna be too upset about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I don't think more details about the dungeon refresh have come out yet but realistically if you like to be remotely efficient with your stamina and get some sleep while playing this game the 120 or so stamina sweet spot would probably net you like half of that 1800 orb total if you decided to wait and clear the dungeons in 6 months instead.

It's still a significant number, but people should probably stop thinking of it as 1800 and more like 1000 depending on how lazy you've been with clears.

• Locked thread