Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
okay i hit 20 and beat the game, i wish 1AU was a "planet" that we could return to and do public events on and poo poo because it's loving rad as hell but oh well

what do i do now (and also if i find a set of armor that I love the look of (but has lovely stats) do I have any options? Like can I give it another piece of armor's stats?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffle House posted:

Yeah I edited the post. I don't recall a weapon similar to the Mini-Tool or the Multi-Tool in any of the Marathon titles, but what a nod, it's slaps me on knee

Marathon didn't have a scout rifle equivalent, the long-distance precision weapon was the pistol. It did have an SMG, but only in Infinity.

Thumbtacks posted:

okay i hit 20 and beat the game, i wish 1AU was a "planet" that we could return to and do public events on and poo poo because it's loving rad as hell but oh well

what do i do now (and also if i find a set of armor that I love the look of (but has lovely stats) do I have any options? Like can I give it another piece of armor's stats?)

1AU is weirdly named because 1AU from the sun is the orbit of Earth but the Almighty is inside the orbit of Mercury.

Armor comes with a selectable stat and you can also put a mod into it to boost any of the stats, but there's no transmog or any other way to fully mix and match stats and looks.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Thumbtacks posted:

Yep, you can infuse it. Hit "details" on the piece of armor you want the look of, then one of the little squares next to the mod slot / dye slot is for infusing. Pick a piece of the same gear from the same class (i.e. you can only infuse warlock helmets with other warlock helmets) with higher stats, and then it gives you an option to break it down for infusion. You need crystal shards that you get from dismantling rare + gear.

It costs 4 shards to infuse a piece with a rare item, 1 with a legendary, and just some glimmer if you infuse with an exotic.

Keep in mind that different sets have different stats (mobility, resilience, recovery) that are set in stone - they give you the choice of one built-in mod that can slightly change those stats, and you can change that mod back and forth at will for free, but it's something to keep in mind. I don't know if anyone's done the math on exactly how much of a difference the stats make - apparently it wasn't a very big deal in D1 and I haven't noticed a difference after playing around with different mixes, but who knows.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Grenades.

https://i.imgur.com/LOXXMjb.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/y6Wwi5f.gifv

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cvnvcnv posted:

First Cayde chest, first chest of the day, nothing in it. Go to Director, nothing at Postmaster. Go to Tower anyway, a blue armor is waiting.

The loot lockout is asinine. I get that since exotics are in the mix, it stops abuse of public events and such but it's not working as intended.

If it's the first chest of the day it sounds like a bug, not the loot lockout.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

If you're getting the lockout on the first chest you open, are you picking flowers (alkane, dusklight, etc)? I've noticed that once I activate the lockout (by virtue of using scout reports, thanks Bungie!), flower pickings don't work for a bit on top of the chests not working. So maybe the flowers/planet mats also factor into the lockout code, which is bullshit.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

eat that wonton soup

swag

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Azzanadra posted:

If you're getting the lockout on the first chest you open, are you picking flowers (alkane, dusklight, etc)? I've noticed that once I activate the lockout (by virtue of using scout reports, thanks Bungie!), flower pickings don't work for a bit on top of the chests not working. So maybe the flowers/planet mats also factor into the lockout code, which is bullshit.

Yeah, they definitely do count. It's a bad system when they specifically put in maps to encourage you to run around grabbing stuff.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I didn't even know about the lore tab until two days ago. Are there any really good ones? Are most legendwries just trash back filler and the exotics where it's at or what?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

I didn't even know about the lore tab until two days ago. Are there any really good ones? Are most legendwries just trash back filler and the exotics where it's at or what?

Lucky Pants is good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

Most legendaries don't have lore, only special ones like raid/trials rewards or the ones that pair with an exotic.

Exotic sparrows and ships also have lore, you can read them all through the bright engram preview screen.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, the first thing i did was go right to a stash that gave me nothing. there was no looting before it.

i guess maybe all it had in it was like a blue chest piece or whatever the gently caress is sitting at my postmaster but i don't know why it would have been sent there

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the exotic drops are hosed. Not the occurrence of drops, which is fine, but the actual contents. So far across 2 characters I’ve had 3x Raiden Flux, 2x the Hunter gunslinger helm, 3x fighting lion, 2x skull of dire ahamkara, 2x starfire protocol, and one borealis.

The amount of dupes for the size of the drop pool is absolutely insane. I realise Reddit is a bit of an echo chamber for people’s gripes but a lot of people seem to be reporting the same sort of thing. It’s at a point where I get less enjoyment when I see an exotic drop because I know there’s a high chance that it’s utter garbage

:smith:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Linx posted:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the exotic drops are hosed. Not the occurrence of drops, which is fine, but the actual contents. So far across 2 characters I’ve had 3x Raiden Flux, 2x the Hunter gunslinger helm, 3x fighting lion, 2x skull of dire ahamkara, 2x starfire protocol, and one borealis.

The amount of dupes for the size of the drop pool is absolutely insane. I realise Reddit is a bit of an echo chamber for people’s gripes but a lot of people seem to be reporting the same sort of thing. It’s at a point where I get less enjoyment when I see an exotic drop because I know there’s a high chance that it’s utter garbage

:smith:

I've never seen a Dire Skull, but I have three Eye of Another World (or whatever) and three sunbracers.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
(ONLY counting Exotic Engrams, no preorder bonus or Xur or campaign rewards)

2x Vigilance Wing
1x Graviton Lance
1x D.A.R.C.I

3x ACD/0 Gauntlets
3x Doomfang Pauldrons
1x Synthoceps
2x Actium War Rig
1x Hallowfire Heart
1x Peacekeepers

Pretty solid number of duplicates.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 20, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The past two days I've only gotten Synthoceps to drop from exotics. I'm almost afraid to pick up my next one :(

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I've had *five* of those dumb feedback titan arms drop. I've only found 2 pieces of exotic titan gear that weren't those.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC the only thing I've gotten duplicates of is the Titan air maneuverability boots, only one of pretty much everything else. Not sure if that makes me really lucky or really below average for exotic drops.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I burned a pair of new sunbracers last night to level a purple to 279 because I can't win a good purple drop to save my loving life.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Yeah my exotic drops have fuelled purples on more than one occasion

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Isn't the exotic pool shallow compared to The end of Destiny 1. So it's not really that surprising that you're gonna end up with some duplicates and it doesn't mean poo poo.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm at 180 now, finished the story, and I'm a little lost. Not sure what I should do next.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So when I preview exotic engrams it says that I already have Sweet Business in my collection but I don't and it hasn't dropped for me yet.

I wonder if it is counting the one I got in the beta LOL

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

First exotic engram was a dupe of the Hunter chest from the story. That is nuts. So far, I'd say some 80% of my exotic engrams have been dupes yet I've gotten zero dupes and all uniques from Cayde, Hawthorne, etc. and the couple from Legendary engrams I got (those were two in a row, decrypted within seconds of each other).

Whatever, I have some good stuff and I'm happy with that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

So when I preview exotic engrams it says that I already have Sweet Business in my collection but I don't and it hasn't dropped for me yet.

I wonder if it is counting the one I got in the beta LOL

Do you have the skin? It was sold at evercerse week one. I have the skin but not the gun and mine says the same.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I just got some dragon rear end hunter chest exotic that I didn't even know existed. Looked lame. Infused. Can always pull it out of the collection.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Do you have the skin? It was sold at evercerse week one. I have the skin but not the gun and mine says the same.

I do not

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Thinking I'll get my Titan mamacita going but I'm a big huge pussy and don't want my learning a different class to sully my numbers.

E:

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm a big huge pussy

Agreed.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
btw little pro dance move: start your ramen snacking and bust out your normal dance emote

Looks mad pro on a EXO hunter

https://i.imgur.com/dlZ15JV.gifv

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I skipped doing the 2* Competitive Crucible matches and didn't realize I could have had an extra Powerful Gear the last two weeks by losing my way towards victory in PvP.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

what the hell is loot lockout

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:chanpop:

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Sweet 3 of Cayde's treasure's gave me the Dire Promise.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If you open too many loot crates / harvest too many resources in a short period of time (someone posted the numbers earlier) you stop getting loot from them for a little while, because apparently some poopsockers were abusing a way to reset the same chest over and over for drops.

You'll probably never notice it if you aren't using Cayde's maps / one of the ghost shells that pinpoints loot and resources, but if you are using those, it's super annoying.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's what happens when you use Caydes radar and open more than 1 chest an hour.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If you open too many loot crates / harvest too many resources in a short period of time (someone posted the numbers earlier) you stop getting loot from them for a little while, because apparently some poopsockers were abusing a way to reset the same chest over and over for drops.

You'll probably never notice it if you aren't using Cayde's maps / one of the ghost shells that pinpoints loot and resources, but if you are using those, it's super annoying.

lmao this is the stupidest loving way to fix that problem.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Open 2 chests, wait 5 minutes and don't open or gather poo poo else, go open the rest.
Goddamn people it's not that hard.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

cvnvcnv posted:

First exotic engram was a dupe of the Hunter chest from the story. That is nuts. So far, I'd say some 80% of my exotic engrams have been dupes yet I've gotten zero dupes and all uniques from Cayde, Hawthorne, etc. and the couple from Legendary engrams I got (those were two in a row, decrypted within seconds of each other).

Whatever, I have some good stuff and I'm happy with that.

I've gotten three Raiden Complexes, two Sunshots (I'm ok with this because the second I got was pretty high leveled), and Mechaneer Sleeves (which are garbage)
I just want either that cool Foehunter or whatever helmet and those cool boots that make you run faster and give you an additional jump

What are the other Hunter exotics anyway

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Open 2 chests, wait 5 minutes and don't open or gather poo poo else, go open the rest.
Goddamn people it's not that hard.

and to the people who just have nothing pop out of their chest when they haven't opened anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

loving hell, I was wondering why I was sometimes getting nothing from Alkane nodes.

Well gently caress me then, another way i've been wasting my time trying to wring loot from a loot game.