Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Get more gym clothes ya goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

synthetic wicking materials are extra smelly due to microscopic structure that enhances wicking provides nice homes to bacterias. some of the fancier ones are coated with antibacterial stuff, but it sucks and wears out quickly, especially if you use fabric softener or dryer sheets.

use natural wool as it is naturally odor and bacterial resistant

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

FogHelmut posted:

synthetic wicking materials are extra smelly due to microscopic structure that enhances wicking provides nice homes to bacterias. some of the fancier ones are coated with antibacterial stuff, but it sucks and wears out quickly, especially if you use fabric softener or dryer sheets.

lol you really had me going until the payoff

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

FogHelmut posted:

A: loving lol.
B: that's why i febreze everything. I have it in a giant squirt bottle.

Also I'm a poor grad student, if i buy new workout gear it'll be old shirts from thrift stores.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I mean I wouldn't exercise in wool I can't afford the good stuff, but this is generally good advice if you plan on hiking or prepping.

I am wearing full synthetic right now, I got back from the gym and hour ago and haven't showered and I smell like rear end.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
(Yeah, i have one good wool button up i use for cold/ wet hiking and camping, it's the poo poo. I'd never work out in it)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

A: loving lol.
B: that's why i febreze everything. I have it in a giant squirt bottle.

Also I'm a poor grad student, if i buy new workout gear it'll be old shirts from thrift stores.

I wear cheap cotton muscle vests. Like £2 a pop. Buy a big batch a couple of times a year.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
It's almost as if people know when i'm running late. Only then they decide to leave plates scattered across the gym, so i have to spent time searching for them

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

I asked my doctor about psychological effects, and he said that, at least at the levels you get from TRT, it doesn't increase libido so much as it increases confidence. So you're roughly as horny as you've always been, but a fair bit less inhibited from doing something about it.

I've only been on it six days, but the only effect I've noticed so far is my face is oily every morning. Gonna have to start having an American-Psycho-esque cleansing routine.

As far as confidence, eh, I managed okay before with only the output of my weak and defective balls, we'll see what happens.

I got put on Clomid for now instead of TRT. I've been on it for almost a month now. my sex drive is maybe slightly higher but still really low. I get a few more boners at least. but on the plus side, check this poo poo out guys: I've been bench pressing 3x a week and OHPing twice a week, most of the time with heavier weights. My strength is going up and my shoulders actually feel good and don't pop and click. My knee has been working too, but I need to start making myself squat more than once a week.

I've also noticed a few more zits and breakouts.

Here is to our goon gains. :cheers:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Now that you can see that chemical enhancement works, you should just start doing all the steroids and become the swolest

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You're going to have massive front delts and nothing else.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Was out of town for a business trip and was forced to buy a guest pass for the gym and all the horror stories are true. There's 1 power rack and some guy posts up with his bag and towel hanging on it and gets lovely when people ask to work in. Why are you doing your chin up/hand stand circuit in a rack anyways? There are no fewer than 6 other places to do pull-ups less than 10 ft away; why do people pay money for this poo poo on a regular basis? So glad to be back in my basement where all the dead skin clogging up the knurling belongs to me.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I can't press with my ceilings so low

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

why do i get leg doms for days but i can do any goofy poo poo with my upper body and be fine?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No one has ever been a oval office to me in my gym, which is a poo poo gym

If I ask to work in, they 100% of the time say "sure". To be honest I don't even know how I'd react if they said "NO"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

[quote="“Zzulu”" post="“476587458”"]

If I ask to work in, they 100% of the time say “sure”. To be honest I don’t even know how I’d react if they said “NO”
[/quote]

One guy in my gym said "NO" once

ONCE

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Because I quit that gym and moved to one closer to my home :11tea:

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Whenever I travel I find the little non-chain gyms. They've always got friendly people and a good vibe around actually training. It's the golds and chain places that are all the same with bad equipment, clueless people and weights all over the place.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

For some reason on saturday people are like 10x worst at putting dbs back in the right place.

also im still poo poo at the gym but i look okay... almost have abs now. im making an actual effort to track my calories and gain weight (hopefully muscle) so here's hoping my lifts stop sucking, though i might have to say goodbye to sweet abs.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

Zzulu posted:

If I ask to work in, they 100% of the time say "sure". To be honest I don't even know how I'd react if they said "NO"

one time this guy agreed to let me work in and then yelled at me halfway through because I kept needing to switch the weight.

I didn't even know how to react. I just walked away

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

The Ferret King posted:

I can't press with my ceilings so low

Kneeling works about the same if you want to press.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

a dingus posted:

Whenever I travel I find the little non-chain gyms. They've always got friendly people and a good vibe around actually training. It's the golds and chain places that are all the same with bad equipment, clueless people and weights all over the place.

hell yes. my gym is a little hole in the wall in a small town. would have been a pretty crappy gym with only one rack but they recently added a big new room with bumper plates, a massive rogue rig that can accommodate about 8 people squatting, and tons of floor space for deadlifting/weightlifting. For some reason most people still concentrate into the old area with all the machines and old equipment... I've never had to ask to work in with anyone. Worst I've had to do is ask someone to move their dumbbell circuit out to the open space so they wouldn't be taking up 4 squat stations for no reason.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

canadianclassic posted:

hell yes. my gym is a little hole in the wall in a small town. would have been a pretty crappy gym with only one rack but they recently added a big new room with bumper plates, a massive rogue rig that can accommodate about 8 people squatting, and tons of floor space for deadlifting/weightlifting. For some reason most people still concentrate into the old area with all the machines and old equipment... I've never had to ask to work in with anyone. Worst I've had to do is ask someone to move their dumbbell circuit out to the open space so they wouldn't be taking up 4 squat stations for no reason.

I know a place just like this. It's where I started lifting and I haven't found anywhere better yet.

Normies avoid places like these because they think they're dirty and smelly... I dont get it. It's nice because the place isnt crowded but I want those types of places to do well so they stay open.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

You're going to have massive front delts and nothing else.

didn't realize I posted I was only doing bench and OHP. otherwise this would be dumb. But even so, if I have a massive anything, then good. GOOD.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

FogHelmut posted:

why do i get leg doms for days but i can do any goofy poo poo with my upper body and be fine?

Your legs have big fuckin' muscles that you can do a lot of damage to compared to a lot of smaller upper body ones, hence why you squat massive weights less regularly to get leg gains but need to do upper body stuff more often.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

didn't realize I posted I was only doing bench and OHP. otherwise this would be dumb. But even so, if I have a massive anything, then good. GOOD.

You lamented that you were only squatting once a week.

Benching 3x a week is too much even if you're on gear.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I wear uniqlo joggers to the gym, and a loose fitting t-shirt and some old dirty converse for lifting

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I could never train in anything but shorts.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
What's the appeal of uniqlo? I never got that.

Also, hello military press. Been a while.
Good to know i didn't lose any weight on it though.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

it's H&M sweatshop poo poo, but for weeaboos

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Hey guys, just a reminder, everyday normal people really do not give a single gently caress about your workouts or anything you do at the gym. If someone at work or class remarks positively upon your physique or asks if you do crossfit, it's better to say something like "Thank you, yeah I do something similiar to crossfit. :downs:" and end it there than to reveal your deep dark secret of powerlifting.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Paper Diamonds posted:

Hey guys, just a reminder, everyday normal people really do not give a single gently caress about your workouts or anything you do at the gym. If someone at work or class remarks positively upon your physique or asks if you do crossfit, it's better to say something like "Thank you, yeah I do something similiar to crossfit. :downs:" and end it there than to reveal your deep dark secret of powerlifting.

I do 50 pushups and situps first thing when I wake up :smug:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

its cheap and good if you are not a total fatso

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Verisimilidude posted:

its cheap and good if you are not a total fatso

I always thought it was one of those expensive brands that people buy to be fashionable.

Just looked their sleeveless shirts. On sale for $1.90.
Uuuuuuuuuuuh yeah I'll buy some.
E: gently caress, out of stock.
Well, thanks goons. Gonna keep an eye out 'cuz as noted before... yeah i should get new shirts.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 21, 2017

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I always thought it was one of those expensive brands that people buy to be fashionable.

Just looked their sleeveless shirts. On sale for $1.90.
Uuuuuuuuuuuh yeah I'll buy some.
E: gently caress, out of stock.
Well, thanks goons. Gonna keep an eye out 'cuz as noted before... yeah i should get new shirts.

they have crazy sales all the time I love them

feel bad for all the philippino slaves that died making this stuff though

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Bob Morales posted:

I do 50 pushups and situps first thing when I wake up :smug:

Oh yeah, I drink a glass of water when I wake up. It's the most important thing to keep fit

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Oh yeah, I drink a glass of water when I wake up. It's the most important thing to keep fit

I'm drinking water right now haha #fitlife

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I was gonna deadlift but I guess I undercooked my eggs and I got a case of the bubbleguts. Probably no one would see me poo poo myself since the rack is nice and tucked away in a corner but I'd have to walk past everyone to leave.

Gonna take a nap, hopefully make some good doodies and try it again later.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Paper Diamonds posted:

I surf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

In Korea they give you clothes when you go to the gym and before you say it I'm 5'10 265lbs and I manage to fit in it (except I bring my own shorts on leg day because theirs rip during squats.)