Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The story about The Crusher suddenly warning Heenan not to call him at home anymore is so great..

"It was the 1990s!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jerusalem posted:

The story about The Crusher suddenly warning Heenan not to call him at home anymore is so great..

"It was the 1990s!"

Amazing. This is the stuff I'm looking forward to in the observer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I always associate the Crusher and the Bruiser so it was kind of jarring to hear Heenan loved one and hated the other but it made sense immediately, especially how much he worked the Bruiser's territory.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MikeQuackenbush/status/909948958172213248

Anyone know more?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

pass

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

hope you like the sofa!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I got a survey from F4W asking among other things if I want a public Board or a video version of the Bryan and Vinny Show.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I answered fire sempervive for whichever one had a textbox answer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

I got a survey from F4W asking among other things if I want a public Board or a video version of the Bryan and Vinny Show.

tell them to ax sempervive

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

There was no “fire Semp” button

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

There was no “fire Semp” button

you didn't try hard enough

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I put in I want the Dave and Filthy Tom show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I put in I want the Dave and Filthy Tom show

Hard pass.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Filthy is pretty bad, really bad actually, but otoh he does bring a joie de vivre out of Dave that I’ve never really heard anywhere else

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

St Evan Echoes posted:

Filthy is pretty bad, really bad actually, but otoh he does bring a joie de vivre out of Dave that I’ve never really heard anywhere else

That's why I put it out there. Dave love Tom.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How dumb do you have to be to ask for anything but a Dave/granny Sin Limite I mean goddamn

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flashy_mcflash posted:

How dumb do you have to be to ask for anything but a Dave/granny Sin Limite I mean goddamn

:piss:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

St Evan Echoes posted:

Konnan and Dave “Gin and Juice and Molly” Meltzer together is always a trip.

Alternatively Corny is the only one who can successfully stop the San Jose Steamroller.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The loving merger was almost a decade ago and we haven't gotten a Vinny and Dave show gently caress everything.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

The loving merger was almost a decade ago and we haven't gotten a Vinny and Dave show gently caress everything.

gently caress I just realized I don't think I've ever heard the two together. Boooooo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XprrhPPtZBk

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What a great Bryan and Vinny show holy hell.

Like there are episodes where, it's really lovely and Bryan isn't into it and it's kinda bad.

And then there are episodes where Larry asks "did they flush him?"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"That was big back then... yankin' on your Johnson!"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Their confusion at X-Pac Heat is that they don't realise it doesn't happen for a few more years. X-Pac was beloved in 1998 and 1999 (and admittedly he was my favourite wrestler in that period and who I would play in the games, including WWF Attitude). The heat came about beginning in 2000 onwards because everyone else moved on, had gimmick changes, new anything and he just remained a relic, and eventually was phoning it in too. Not helped by One Night in Chyna and other things.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
I figured it was a combination of his stale gimmick that never changed and got really played out "Make some noise!!!!!(in the scratchiest most annoying voice ever while doing a lame kata) and a deep subconscious memory embedded in everyone's mind of the entire Tori/XPac angle.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao semp was so annoying jericho blocked him and banned him from the cruise

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should advertise that on the poster

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao semp was so annoying jericho blocked him and banned him from the cruise

Bryan was so happy about that :lol:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

they should advertise that on the poster

its made me more interested in going (lol at having that kind of money to throw away)

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I loved Bryan wondering if the crowd chanting "That's too far" at Jinder was because he made fun of the Karate Kid

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

I loved Bryan wondering if the crowd chanting "That's too far" at Jinder was because he made fun of the Karate Kid

He brought it up to Dave too, and Dave straight up said,"That movie's too old for them to remember" and you could hear Bryan trying to convince himself he wasn't that old :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

For a dude with the last name Alvarez, Bryan can be extremely white at times.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I just came in here to laugh about that. "How dare they make fun of a cult classic film!"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

For a dude with the last name Alvarez, Bryan can be extremely white at times.

that's cuz he is white as gently caress.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe his sister got all the Mexican genetics.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Like, bear in mind that Granny is his actual grandmother

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Bryan may have a Hispanic surname but may not have grown up with or have any ties to the culture.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mariooncrack posted:

Bryan may have a Hispanic surname but may not have grown up with or have any ties to the culture.

No, his parents are still married! And his dad is ultra-Mexican!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bix please tweet 22% less

• Locked thread