Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

and to the people who just have nothing pop out of their chest when they haven't opened anything else?

It's a Bungie joint.
Did you expect anything less?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Open 2 chests, wait 5 minutes and don't open or gather poo poo else, go open the rest.
Goddamn people it's not that hard.

Avoiding it on Cayde's is easy (though there's still some buggy poo poo with it, people are getting nothing even when they definitely shouldn't have triggered lockout), but it's also really, really easy to trigger lockout on regular chests if you buy a map and just cruise around doing patrols / events. It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme but losing out on tokens and not being able to open any chests you come across for the next five minutes or whatever is kind of a bummer.

As far as I know it doesn't apply to high value target chests or event chests, so I guess the obvious question is why they flagged it to apply to Cayde's stashes since there's not any way to abuse those, but I'm guessing it's some unintentional thing that they haven't bothered fixing yet.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The quickplay list is sweaty as poo poo, last two games I lost 100-20 and 100-36. Every game has at least two flawless emblems

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
"Hey these maps explicitly exist to let you roam around seeking treasure! Also here is a patch to stop you from doing the very thing they were put in the game to do." - Bungie, MMO Producer

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

PS4 PRO users, does this game have serious slowdown in Trostland? I don't know if its because my Xbone is dying or what, but that area is so slow it makes it hard to aim at times.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
First quickplay game I played tonight involved my team coming back from being down 22-10 in clash and winning by a lot so I'm cool with it.

After never getting any warlock armor exotics except the dawnblade float shooting chest I got winters guile and sunbraces in quick succession. It's fun finally having choices in exotic armor.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

strangemusic posted:

How do you make Fighting Lion good? It's so rad but so terrible.

Fighting Lion, like the Vigilance Wing, is actually a PVP weapon, not a PVE weapon. A grenade launcher that doesn't require a heavy ammo spawn is Extremely Powerful in teamfight scenarios.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/5DUfJrl.gifv

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I opened all 5 cayde chests one after the other, including picking up alkane poo poo in between. I did not get alkane dust a single time. I got stuff from all 5 chests. Either some buggy poo poo is going on (highly probable) or it's working as intended and you need to come to terms with the fact that sometimes chests just give you glimmer. Either way it's probably worth reporting to bungie via a ticket or their forums if you're finding it to be a massive problem.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I'm just glad to get my Transversive Steps back. Two of them, unfortunately

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What's the point of only allowing you to wear one piece of epic gear? It's a loving loot game, let me show off my cool poo poo.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Is it just me or are grenades super bad now? Had a guy down to a sliver of health and arc naded but didn't take him out. This is with the arc class and I guess arc exotic shirt too if that matters.

Suros Throwback is p legit and fun to use.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

The quickplay list is sweaty as poo poo, last two games I lost 100-20 and 100-36. Every game has at least two flawless emblems

You getting loving by that skill based dick homie.

Everyone I know plays Quick play because there's better map rotation and you can get through games faster than competitive.

Competitive games have been easier than Quick play because people leave when they solo que it and start getting rolled.

Find some friends because anything less than a 3 is just asking to lose.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

actionjackson posted:

Competitive is actually a bit better about this (someone mentioned that it had a better skill-matching system?) but unfortunately the game modes aren't very good and they all last fuckin' forever. It's all very ticket-limited stuff that further encourages the already very conservative style of play that most people take, so it's very unfun if you like aggressive PvP and don't set up a team with comms in advance.

But finding some goons to play with is pretty easy usually, and much, much more fun. It's a bummer that "quickplay" is basically the exact opposite, but if you're willing to do a little prep it becomes much more tolerable.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BlindSite posted:

You getting loving by that skill based dick homie.

Everyone I know plays Quick play because there's better map rotation and you can get through games faster than competitive.

Competitive games have been easier than Quick play because people leave when they solo que it and start getting rolled.

Find some friends because anything less than a 3 is just asking to lose.

Yeah I do team up sometimes, but honestly I'm just trying to knock out the weekly bounty and most people on the discord are doing PvE stuff right now

Also is the shattered peace HC any good? Just got it from a clan reward. lightweight, zen moment, HCR

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Quickplay and competitive is a very weird split. The names suggest that the former is a casual playlist ans the latter is a more hardcore option, and the game type split reinforces this, with simple gametypes in quickplay and more, well, competitive types in competitive. In reality, quickplay is the "get me into a game asap" playlist, where you are shoved into any open slot, with no regard to your skill level or how many in your group vs stacked in the enemy team, while competitive is skill-based matchmaking that keeps solos and groups separate if possible. The result is that competitive is the playlist for casual play and quickplay is often much more... er, competitive.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So uh, I just did a recommended 20 light adventure on my something like 291 hunter and got this:

A 287 green pulse rifle. :psyduck:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Got the raid done in 88 minutes. We're getting there!

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

fyi there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to why you get cut off from farming. I farm like crazy when I'm bored / waiting for friends to log in on Earth and Nessus. I'm 290 and can count on one had how many times I've been locked out on my loops.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Pretty sure Luke Smith said more than 3 or 4 chests/resources in 5 mins will trigger it. I've seen it often enough, depends on the area (some don't have that many that it gets tripped).

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

DrNutt posted:

So uh, I just did a recommended 20 light adventure on my something like 291 hunter and got this:

A 287 green pulse rifle. :psyduck:

Yeah apparently there are some blue weapons that are better than any purples for PvE stuff - one of them being a blue omolon scout. They can drop up to 300 afaik

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

isk posted:

Pretty sure Luke Smith said more than 3 or 4 chests/resources in 5 mins will trigger it. I've seen it often enough, depends on the area (some don't have that many that it gets tripped).

that doesn't feel right. i've broken that on Trostland, all of Titan (how can you not) and Exodus Black many many many times.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

cvnvcnv posted:

Vigilance Wing is insanely dope but stfu about it bro I don't wanna see my #1 kinetic everywhere.

Make me bitch

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

actionjackson posted:

Yeah apparently there are some blue weapons that are better than any purples for PvE stuff - one of them being a blue omolon scout. They can drop up to 300 afaik

Yeah, but that's a green homie. Like holy poo poo I don't think I've seen a green drop above 200 ever.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, but that's a green homie. Like holy poo poo I don't think I've seen a green drop above 200 ever.

Can you even use those as infusion fodder? If so what does it cost?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This nightfall is so bad

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

super macho dude posted:

Is Skyburners oath viable still in pvp?

Yup.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

haveblue posted:

This nightfall is so bad

there's a good cheese spot tho

also riskrunner

but yeah it sux

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

eye of another world and the high minded complex make my pvplock look like some bad rear end time traveler that shows up and tells you the fate of all humanity of something

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I haven't played Hunter much (and I didn't in D1 either) but I still don't really understand why you'd pick them over Titan/Warlock. Like it seems like whatever they do can be done better by the others? Granted I haven't PLAYED one so maybe I'm missing something, but I don't know why you'd play a Hunter.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
took like 20 min, low stress. just time consuming

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Yeah I do team up sometimes, but honestly I'm just trying to knock out the weekly bounty and most people on the discord are doing PvE stuff right now

Also is the shattered peace HC any good? Just got it from a clan reward. lightweight, zen moment, HCR

I like the 84 impact archetype for the break points, recoil direction and range.

The 78 archetype is still nice and technically theres no difference in terms of body shots or crits to kill afaik but the better devil's and minuet ones are better for those clean up shots or for finishing half health opponents. At least I find.

I use hand cannons in close and as my oh gently caress weapon when pushing or getting pushed so I like the slight increase in range to help avoid ghost bullets.

I haven't tried that one in particular so your results may vary. I didn't like the blues I had of that archetype but that may be more "feel" than anything.

If you got a judgement from trials this weekend its worth a go. Slightly better recoil direction than the devil's but I'm just used to better devil's now after running a hunnert games with it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Thumbtacks posted:

I haven't played Hunter much (and I didn't in D1 either) but I still don't really understand why you'd pick them over Titan/Warlock. Like it seems like whatever they do can be done better by the others? Granted I haven't PLAYED one so maybe I'm missing something, but I don't know why you'd play a Hunter.

Hunter is the best class for generating orbs, arguably the best overall mobility, and has invisibility.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah I have both, I like that devils has slightly better range though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

swims posted:

Is it just me or are grenades super bad now? Had a guy down to a sliver of health and arc naded but didn't take him out. This is with the arc class and I guess arc exotic shirt too if that matters.

Suros Throwback is p legit and fun to use.

I was using the double fusion grenade shirt thinking I'd have an advantage but the grenades don't kill anyone and you're just better off shooting them unless there are serious extenuating circumstances.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

el B posted:

Got the raid done in 88 minutes. We're getting there!

It was: good.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Kiranamos posted:

I'm just glad to get my Transversive Steps back. Two of them, unfortunately

YESSSSSSS transversive steps are incredible

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
anyone know if the anomalies are always in the same spots?

or have some locations during the semi-'inside' section where you have to defend the generator thing? never could find any there even though the indicator was on

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

actionjackson posted:

eye of another world and the high minded complex make my pvplock look like some bad rear end time traveler that shows up and tells you the fate of all humanity of something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
So I got some of those tokens for a guided game I think a raid? I beat the raid twice last week and beat the strike to get the unupgraded legend of acrius tonight, using the tokens should be interesting