Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I don't have anything that old, but I think you mean this style?

a few others not in his usual style:

https://i.imgur.com/vYUvs0P.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Old branco is just like. "Everyone has a hair lip, right? "

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Hihohe posted:

Old branco is just like. "Everyone has a hair lip, right? "

Harelip. As in "rabbit".

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Harelip. As in "rabbit".

you know, that makes way more sense

Also good post/avatar combo

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 20, 2017

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Those Branco toons are actually better drawn than his current ones. I wonder if he had a stroke (and if so can he have another?)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gazpacho posted:

Those Branco toons are actually better drawn than his current ones. I wonder if he had a stroke (and if so can he have another?)

He can draw somewhat if he put in effort but why bother when grumpy Facebook dads wouldn’t notice the difference anyway.

SeersuckerSoldier
Nov 1, 2016

Zesty posted:

Couldn't give a gently caress about them. I think we can do better than wishing bodily harm or cancer or whatever on people just because they drew a cartoon we didn't like.

I think when a cartoonist willfully deploys old anti-Semetic archetypes in toons that are widely disseminated among young, impressionable alt-righters whose brains are already miswired from an adolescence of 'provocative' shitposts and are now taking that attitude into the real world it creates a real threat of violence to my community; whereas me saying 'it would be funny if Garrison accidentally maimed himself using his wife's labelmaker' on a small politoons forum it's just a joke. But yes, that would be very funny.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zesty posted:

Couldn't give a gently caress about them. I think we can do better than wishing bodily harm or cancer or whatever on people just because they drew a cartoon we didn't like.

Personally I wish bodily harm and cancer on the scum that pour gas on the brain-damaged ideological fire that multiplies the human suffering in the US and abroad by keeping Facebook Dads and their ilk as ill-informed and regressive as they are

Yes they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

e:f;b.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

But what if you're also a dude and you have that thought?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

SeersuckerSoldier posted:

I think when a cartoonist willfully deploys old anti-Semetic archetypes in toons that are widely disseminated among young, impressionable alt-righters whose brains are already miswired from an adolescence of 'provocative' shitposts and are now taking that attitude into the real world it creates a real threat of violence to my community; whereas me saying 'it would be funny if Garrison accidentally maimed himself using his wife's labelmaker' on a small politoons forum it's just a joke. But yes, that would be very funny.

What if both Branco and Garrison tripped over one another and fell down an unfathomably long flight of stairs.

Like, the camera just keeps pulling back on it.

And the stairs were labeled "anti-semitism."

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Crabtree posted:

judging by your post, you ignore it and speak anyway.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Zetsubou-san posted:

judging by your post, you ignore it and speak anyway.

Guilty.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Crabtree posted:

All my thoughts are dumb and bad or already said better by someone else.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Zesty posted:

Can we stop making posts like this in this thread? I'm sure there are better ways for us to voice our disapproval.

Darth Windu posted:

If you wish death on others on the basis of their political belief then you, yourself, deserve death.

I don't know if you two are ironically this stupid or actually this stupid, but one side's trying to kill a whole lot of people (that whole healthcare thing) and strip basic human rights from a lot more.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Crabtree posted:

No idea either here. I grew up in a family were any thought or feeling was treated like this. So the clear solution is to double down and dehumanize yourself, bring on the Nerve Stapling. :unsmigghh:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 20, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the advice this lady is giving Zelda. Like, nothing she's been saying has been wrong but it's also been kind of generic? Like, Zelda is telling her about some extremely personal stuff ("I used to do an angry person who thought I was right all the time, but as I've gotten older I've become more self-reflective and I'm wondering if I should make some changes in my life since my current situation brings me little joy or fulfilment") and the other lady is responding with platitudes about the patriarchy which, while all true, don't directly connect to the things Zelda is upset about. It sort of comes off like the woman doesn't really care about Zelda and just wants to hear herself talk.

I dunno, maybe I'm misreading it or something was lost in translation.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the advice this lady is giving Zelda. Like, nothing she's been saying has been wrong but it's also been kind of generic? Like, Zelda is telling her about some extremely personal stuff ("I used to do an angry person who thought I was right all the time, but as I've gotten older I've become more self-reflective and I'm wondering if I should make some changes in my life since my current situation brings me little joy or fulfilment") and the other lady is responding with platitudes about the patriarchy which, while all true, don't directly connect to the things Zelda is upset about. It sort of comes off like the woman doesn't really care about Zelda and just wants to hear herself talk.

It's a really bad comic

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hm how can I make sure my readers know what the left wing is supposed to represent? I know, I'll label it politics!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Sacrilicious!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

How loving dense do you have to be to think this is because of politics and not because fewer people are watching TV in general? Is it because boomer cartoonists grew up in a world where TV is the sum of American culture and can't imagine a world where it's no longer the dominant form of media in America?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Gosh I'm just on the edge of my seat wondering if Stallie's going to recognize/admit who Mr.Mander (and other voter manipulation efforts) most represents and benefits in the modern US voting system, or if they'll yet again stop just short of epiphany and frame him as a generic "Government Guy" with no affiliation.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Did the artist learn about copy+paste recently?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Pakled posted:

How loving dense do you have to be to think this is because of politics and not because fewer people are watching TV in general? Is it because boomer cartoonists grew up in a world where TV is the sum of American culture and can't imagine a world where it's no longer the dominant form of media in America?

Michael Ramirez is a dolt, and all of his opinions sound exactly like one a dolt would say.

duhhh it's black people kneeling that's the problem, not the fact that the NFL's product is horrible unless you're in one of four fanbases bluhhh

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Darth Windu posted:

It's a really bad comic

Really earning that red text there

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Again Zelda accurately portrays real life, down to how most people actually are just shallow cliches pretending at depth and uniqueness, even if by accident.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
jesus christ australia

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pakled posted:

Not to mention, the NFL is an awful organization full of awful people exploiting players and hiding the consequences of what they put players through for years and years while making tax-exempt money hand-over-fist as they hold cities hostage for new stadiums costing hundreds of millions of dollars. (Edit: Looks like they gave up the tax-exempt thing.)

And that's just scratching the surface of what's wrong with football in America today. It's also often boring to watch, and there's the conduct of players off the field (also being covered up when possible) that is an issue as well.

I personally stopped watching because my team has a racist name and an owner refusing to even consider changing it, and fans who bashed a quarterback who played his heart out and single-handedly took the team to the playoffs and in the process destroyed his career. And for a lot of them, although hey won't admit it, they treated him the way they did because he was black.

Then, to top it all off, the team is terrible anyways and has been for literal decades. I loving hate the NFL.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 20, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Far Eastern Republic was one of those forgotten little stories / pseudo-countries that sprang up in the wake of the collapse of the Russian Empire. It was basically a buffer state between the (not-yet) Soviet Union and the White Russian remains / Japanese-occupied Manchuria.

It was nominally democratic, allowed participation in the election process of parties other than the communists, and (according to, admittedly communist eye-witness accounts) really quite ineffectual.

They also has some kickass posters against the capitalist pig dogs, the White Russian dog pigs, and the Japanese hedgehogs.

https://imgur.com/a/n2mCo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In what universe do these idiots think noticeable numbers of people are going to stop watching football because someone kneeled during the anthem? Even if you're racist as hell you're just gonna go "they should cut that guy" and take an angry swig of Bud Light. What do they think the NFL should be doing about it exactly? This entire talking point makes zero sense.

she's even mugging for the camera instead of looking at Zelda in panel 2

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Heeeeey Macarena!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Silly Ramirez, that's not how you make a loss comic.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Well I think that might be also the joke. The other gal even looks to the camera to give her zinger about the patriarchy. Not really a good joke, but yeah, I get the impression it isn't really about zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Darth Windu posted:

If you wish death on others on the basis of their political belief then you, yourself, deserve death.

I wish death on you for your lovely posts.

• Locked thread