Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
7 :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

A lovingly-drawn upturned nose.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

rydiafan posted:

Does any of this mean anything?

2010. Tea Party.

He's a true master of the visual arts.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lord Hydronium posted:

I hope someone beats Ben Garrison over the head until he gets CTE.

Can we stop making posts like this in this thread? I'm sure there are better ways for us to voice our disapproval.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Zesty posted:

Can we stop making posts like this in this thread? I'm sure there are better ways for us to voice our disapproval.

No.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I love that for Kelly, "traditional bread" is the shrink-wrapped industrial product rather than, you know, actual traditional bread. :allears:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zesty posted:

I'm just chalk full of disapproval.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Box office was down over the cinema because of an odd release schedule, sequel fatigue and a few tentpole releases not connesting with audiences. Film, like any business has highs and lows, and there were several very successful films, like Beauty and the Beast making a billion and It making far more money than expected. Of course, according to Ben Garrison this is because of leftists and Soros because why have reasons for things when you can just blame those two things.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Whine whine whine! All you people do is whine about unimportant things!!"

~ Mike "" Lester

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Duke Igthorn posted:

~ Mike "" Lester

what's the dog supposed to be

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“Zesty”" post="“476559433”"]
Can we stop making posts like this in this thread? I’m sure there are better ways for us to voice our disapproval.
[/quote]

lol that you’re spending your precious time on earth going to bat for objectively bad people

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Anyone know what the comic was where it had two people discussing what they wanted to eat and when one suggested pizza and the other suggests something like burgers or whatever the first one completely overreacts along the lines of "what do you have against pizza/why do you hate pizza!?"

Food items may be completely wrong, because I'm coming up empty handed with google on this one.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

I love that for Kelly, "traditional bread" is the shrink-wrapped industrial product rather than, you know, actual traditional bread. :allears:

I think he is deep into self parody at this point

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol that you’re spending your precious time on earth going to bat for objectively bad people

"Torturing people at Guantanamo is good, actually. Anyone who disagrees just loves evil." -you, apparently

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

[quote="“Abyssal Squid”" post="“476563358”"]
“Torturing people at Guantanamo is good, actually. Anyone who disagrees just loves evil.” -you, apparently
[/quote]

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I mean the people still detained at Guantanamo are objectively bad, so I guess you're agreeing with my paraphrase?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

[quote="“Abyssal Squid”" post="“476563439”"]
I mean the people still detained at Guantanamo are objectively bad, so I guess you’re agreeing with my paraphrase?
[/quote]

This is a really stupid take and I’m sure you’re aware of that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Regular Nintendo posted:

what's the dog supposed to be

Why, Obama is going to enjoy that dog for dinner later tonight!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

The only way I can read this is "black people in power is a perversion of our country." Not sure what issue it's actually about.

Ramos posted:

That is a current event. Trump recently retweeted a gif of him hitting a ball and knocking Hillary in the back with it.

It's straight up a "Thing Happened".

"A thing happened, and the media are whiny babies for pretending like it* is important."

*"It" being Trump boosting an image of himself assaulting a political rival that was made by a white supremacist.

Abyssal Squid posted:

I mean the people still detained at Guantanamo are objectively bad, so I guess you're agreeing with my paraphrase?

See, when making humor, there are these concepts called "exaggeration" and "hyperbole..."

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 19, 2017

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Political Cartoons 2017: Ben Garrison is literally the same as the human beings held in Guantanamo Bay.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

zeroprime posted:

Anyone know what the comic was where it had two people discussing what they wanted to eat and when one suggested pizza and the other suggests something like burgers or whatever the first one completely overreacts along the lines of "what do you have against pizza/why do you hate pizza!?"

Food items may be completely wrong, because I'm coming up empty handed with google on this one.

It was a mini comic from a comic called irritability. It's still in the archives somewhere.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson – Theresa May has insisted her government is being ‘driven from the front’, as she distanced herself from Boris Johnson’s renewed claim that up to £350m a week extra should be made available for the NHS after Brexit"

"Steve Bell on 'political adults' – Britain needs “political adults” to work together to halt a damaging Brexit, Vince Cable will tell the Liberal Democrat conference on Tuesday, urging moderate Conservatives and Labour MPs to work with his party"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Ryanair to tell 400,000 passengers of cancelled flights after roster 'mess-up'

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... Boris and Theresa's Cabinet showdown

:toot: I'm on holiday for the next week! If you're missing your Brit-poo poo-pic-fix, you can always just read @Cartoon4sale's Twitter feed.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Jurgan posted:

The only way I can read this is "black people in power is a perversion of our country." Not sure what issue it's actually about.

The "show me your papers" law they tried to pass back in 2010. So not that far off.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Couldn't give a gently caress about them. I think we can do better than wishing bodily harm or cancer or whatever on people just because they drew a cartoon we didn't like.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 19, 2017

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Retromancer posted:

It was a mini comic from a comic called irritability. It's still in the archives somewhere.

Thanks!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Duke Igthorn posted:

~ Mike "" Lester

I like that he threw in the marine holding the umbrella. Just the kind of weeks-long, desperately clung-to pettiness we've come to expect from Iron Mike.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Zesty posted:

Couldn't give a gently caress about them. I think we can do better than wishing bodily harm or cancer or whatever on people just because they drew a cartoon we didn't like.

Look, if getting savagely pummeled resulted in people getting smarter or less racist we'd be wishing for that instead of him not being capable of spewing his dumb racism anymore.

Also, lighten up, Francis. Nobody's touching the poop.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Did anyone in the media actually cover the tweet at all? The only time I saw anyone talking about it were just the usual suspects on twitter.

A lot of conservatives tend to mix up "things that the mainstream media covers" and "things I have heard from other people", so I'm just making sure.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Duke Igthorn posted:

~ Mike "" Lester

Is making Obama look like some kind of mini-golf savant supposed to be a bad thing?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Shugojin posted:

Is making Obama look like some kind of mini-golf savant supposed to be a bad thing?

Yeah, weird course tho.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

[quote="“Zesty”" post="“476564121”"]
Couldn’t give a gently caress about them. I think we can do better than wishing bodily harm or cancer or whatever on people just because they drew a cartoon we didn’t like.
[/quote]

yes it’s just silly drawings not the horrible poo poo they believe/infect other people with 🙄

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
If you wish death on others on the basis of their political belief then you, yourself, deserve death.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Zesty posted:

Counterpoint:

Zyklon Ben posted:

We are supposed to fret about overpaid athletes getting concussions, which can later lead to permanent brain damage. This used to be part of the game. It has always been violent. Like boxing, such violence is part of the attraction. Don’t want to be punch drunk? Don’t box or play football.
Garrison doesn't even think CTE is just something that happens in football, he literally claims it's a selling point. He is advocating traumatic brain injury as a good thing for the sake of his entertainment. gently caress him, and if he's really so big on entertaining people with brain injuries he could do worse than to try it on himself.

I do not endorse anyone committing assault on Ben Garrison. :ssh: Unless it's really funny.

zeroprime posted:

(E: Looks like the title/attribution may have been cropped out of this version, but I can't find the original.)

Also found this googling "strawman comic", which feels like a good summary of this thread:

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 20, 2017

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Cloud Potato posted:

]

:toot: I'm on holiday for the next week! If you're missing your Brit-poo poo-pic-fix, you can always just read @Cartoon4sale's Twitter feed.
I'll miss you mate

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is one of the most "A Thing Happened" things that has ever happened.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Lord Hydronium posted:

(E: Looks like the title/attribution may have been cropped out of this version, but I can't find the original.)

It's #87 on this page.

Most of the comics are not political. Also, be warned, the second and third comics on the page depict unrealistically violent vomiting.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is one of the most "A Thing Happened" things that has ever happened.
Honestly that seems fairly tame in a medium where half of them once did "Current Political Event combined with Pokemon Go".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cat Mattress posted:

you have come to a world called suburbs *whipcrack*

• Locked thread