Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah, I'd love to live in a world where nazis never existed and the swastika was still treated as a good luck symbol, too. Similarly, I wish I lived in a world where ice cream didn't make you fat and exercise didn't make you all sweaty and gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Holy crap it looks like his avatar is melting
funny cuz I was just thinking how much I wanted to see dude thrown into a fuckin fire. guess life is slow-roasting him for me

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

How do you even respond to this? Other than with "go gently caress yourself"

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
That the justice system is unfair or that ex-prisoners have a very difficult time re-adapting to society doesn't mean the blame is on the actual victims of a crime.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jfc

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59c20340e4b087fdf50907f6?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

quote:

A Republican lawmaker in South Dakota is coming under fire for posting a violent cartoon meme showing a car slamming into people along with the phrase “ALL LIVES SPLATTER.” 

Rep. Lynne DiSanto,  the Republican whip in the state’s House of Representatives, wrote: “I think this is a movement we can all support.” 

GOP head response

quote:

However, House Majority Leader Lee Qualm told the Argus Leader newspaper that DiSanto was not in danger of losing her whip position.

“Obviously I think she wishes she had not put it out there, but she was quick to pull it down and it seems like one of those things you do without putting much thought into it,” Qualm told the newspaper. 

"Apology"

quote:

“I am sorry if people took offense to it and perceived my message in any way insinuating support or condoning people being hit by cars,” DiSanto told the Rapid City Journal. “I perceived it differently. I perceived it as encouraging people to stay out of the street.”

Mr Ice Cream Glove has a new favorite as of 11:35 on Sep 20, 2017

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Where even to start

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

St Evan Echoes posted:

Where even to start

I kinda see where this is coming from. A lot of major industries now are not focusing on creating goods or providing services directly, but rather on bringing those with goods/services together with those who want to buy. Not sure about calling bitcoin a bank tho.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

jivjov posted:

Not sure about calling bitcoin a bank tho.

"Money? This is not a bank."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa0gtwiTjmg

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

or they get elected president

Serf
May 5, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Where even to start

As it becomes harder to extract profit from the poor via traditional means, the capitalists have shifted to new and more nightmarish modes of production that minimize the necessary overhead while maximizing the value of every transaction for themselves. The tendency of the rate of profit to fall is crazy.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oh boy, "its best friends week" and I forgot to prepare

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Pastry of the Year posted:

oh boy, "its best friends week" and I forgot to prepare

Jesus, lady, I've got problems too but maybe stop loving crying all the time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Decrepus posted:

That guy's face looks like Planescape Torment.

loving lol

davidspackage posted:

gently caress everyone who saw Spicer roll with the punches and thought that made him cool.

After #theresistance decided to lionise Bush it was only a matter of time before they started venerating the former trump administration. verrit code 5318008

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
99.99% sure this is a troll but someone out there is clutching their fist in impotent rage and agreeing with it for sure.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Serf
May 5, 2011

So "free speech, but not about things I don't like"

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

to be honest that sounds like a group you really wouldn't want to be in anyway. it's handy when they're so up front about it, lets you place them right in the ole mental garbage can right away.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slugnoid posted:

to be honest that sounds like a group you really wouldn't want to be in anyway. it's handy when they're so up front about it, lets you place them right in the ole mental garbage can right away.

You sound like a Morty to me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

So, they've made the Council of Ricks, which the primary Rick of the show wants no part of an actively dislikes. Good one, guys! You're really smart for liking that show, and are absolutely getting it!

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Idiots on Social Media: Only intellectual posts is tolerated

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If incels are welcome, you can guarantee with almost 100% certainty that the admins are incels.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

timefly posted:

How do you even respond to this? Other than with "go gently caress yourself"

At least then they can be sure of consent!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

If incels are welcome, you can guarantee with almost 100% certainty that the admins are incels.

well yeah but you could guarantee that from the rest of the post too

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Rick fucks an alien with no binary gender at least once in the show and does petty poo poo constantly, so they aren't even consistent with the show/character they identify with so much.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Baron Corbyn posted:

well yeah but you could guarantee that from the rest of the post too

Touché

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!
Rick is an incredibly depressed alcoholic. The only reason he hasn't drank a hole in his stomach is because he's a loving cartoon. You'd only want to emulate him if you're dumb as poo poo/incredibly good at missing the point.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Thermite posted:

Rick is an incredibly depressed alcoholic. The only reason he hasn't drank a hole in his stomach is because he's a loving cartoon. You'd only want to emulate him if you're dumb as poo poo/incredibly good at missing the point.

So like 90% of the Internet then?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Thermite posted:

Well that and he might have a robot liver or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't understand why nerds can't enjoy things in normal ways.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

zoux posted:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

It was probably naive of me to hope that the fans would embrace the Meeseek's philosophy of seeking out a purpose for its own good, and living a life devoted to the betterment of your fellow man. Now I'm just hoping they'll embrace the "stop existing" part.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

zoux posted:

Because the thing they enjoy is also their identity. Take this from a reformed weeaboo, if you let some form of entertainment form your life because it's the only thing you have in common with some subset of humanity, it can do very bad things to how you view that thing and how others or viewing it "wrong".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

good poo poo

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

SpacePig posted:

Because the thing they enjoy is also their identity. Take this from a reformed weeaboo, if you let some form of entertainment form your life because it's the only thing you have in common with some subset of humanity, it can do very bad things to how you view that thing and how others or viewing it "wrong".

My least-favorite fandom meme is "We are obsessed with this media franchise, which proves that we embody the personal virtues of the protagonists of this media franchise." No, you don't. Obsession is not a substitute for developing good character traits.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What did these people do before there were easily commodified media properties to base their identity on?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Rick and Morty is pretty great, but anyone who sees Rick as a model or as an example to live up to is a loving lunatic. He is literally the biggest douchebag in the whole loving universe.

Wait, maybe it does makes sense....

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

zoux posted:

What did these people do before there were easily commodified media properties to base their identity on?

Religion.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

zoux posted:

Got stuffed into lockers, as they should be now, I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Leavemywife posted:

Got stuffed into lockers, as they should be now, I hope.

They could be watching Rick and Morty and posting from inside the lockers!

:aaaaa: