Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do regional chests ever respawn? they've reappeared on my map on titan but i haven't actually looked for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

do regional chests ever respawn? they've reappeared on my map on titan but i haven't actually looked for them

Leaning towards no based on the fact that their symbol seems to disappear completely rather than grey out like the lost sectors. And they resemble the one time only chests from D1.

I could be totally wrong though, just speculation on my part.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i have gotten five hoosegows today and at least ten this week, these drops do not seem right

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i have gotten five hoosegows today and at least ten this week, these drops do not seem right

i got three tonight

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
How long until it's revealed that the loot is pulled from a system that's monster hunter charms levels of retarded?

I'm on the loot table with nothing but warlock crowns forever.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I'm slightly better off than you guys but my loot table seems to be all power weapons. I haven't seen a kinetic or energy weapon in days.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Mailer posted:

How long until it's revealed that the loot is pulled from a system that's monster hunter charms levels of retarded?

I'm on the loot table with nothing but warlock crowns forever.

Sorry, delete your character and start a new one at 1:43 AM and 58 seconds to get the good loot.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Legs Benedict posted:

took like 20 min, low stress. just time consuming

The Nightfall was low stress compared to... Well, this:

https://youtu.be/63PTFjYC-lY

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Man the best thing about Destiny 2 is Bungie has had over a decade to learn what does and doesn't work in terms of progression. They've had not only WoW and countless others but its own game to learn about the PvP/PvE separation and how it affects activities and rewards.

*continues to dance in Crucible*

Mailer fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Sep 20, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I'm slightly better off than you guys but my loot table seems to be all power weapons. I haven't seen a kinetic or energy weapon in days.

I got nothing but shotguns until I hit 240 and now I haven't seen a single shotgun since
Also I've only gotten like, two rocket launchers in all my time playing

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Yeah, seriously, this might be the easiest nightfall yet. Do it once to figure out where all the anomalies are, then run it again to get good on time.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So are people starting to get good at the raid? Is it feasible to help someone who is probably not going to be very good at it get through it (aka are people able to carry already)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah I'll get some use out of this emote
https://i.imgur.com/tNnVFFB.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/edgUBkY.gifv
I'm hating that delay they added to emotes tho

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

https://i.imgur.com/edgUBkY.gifv
I'm hating that delay they added to emotes tho

The Number, nice :discourse:

E: Gift of the Nine turns it into a sexy TRON gun, one of my favorite shader applications in the game yet

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 20, 2017

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

AAB posted:

Yeah, seriously, this might be the easiest nightfall yet. Do it once to figure out where all the anomalies are, then run it again to get good on time.

That's good to know. I managed to get the last one done but hadn't progressed the Rat King quest far enough so need to do that NF part of it again.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I have yet to raid or do anything except a worthless NF run last week and I didn't play from Thurs-Mon and I'm 291 I can't express how little research or prep I did beforehand aside from playing D1 up to the Taken expansion... getting to that light level took almost zero effort not sure how people are getting stuck. Eventually you'll get a new piece of gear that puts you over a threshold and engrams will go up a few points, rinse repeat.

AAB posted:

If you're on xbox I'd like you to prove it. I can't handle another pub.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Guided Game attempt #2.

German clan shows up, their best dude 20 Light below my 295. I get all the lights in the first part as they die over and over, we move on, I hit the time oracles, and eventually I fight the Walker alone until one finally arrives to help. I get all the time oracles again and we fail with boss at half health. I had nearly as many kills as both of them and created infinitely more orbs than they, 14 to 0.

I'm starting to think Bungie severely overestimates how good people are at their game.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

96 spacejam posted:

If you're on xbox I'd like you to prove it. I can't handle another pub.

lol xbox. there are some really good boner players itt that could probably help or someone in the destinygoons discord probably.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Loving Leader posted:

He thought after our 2nd win of a trials match we had gone flawless. Took us to the spire and told us to chill the gently caress out and enjoy the scenery.

Was this after he got too high to go to riot fest???

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

AAB posted:

lol xbox. there are some really good boner players itt that could probably help or someone in the destinygoons discord probably.

yeah yeah I made the mistake of believing my co-workers we're all going to play. Just waiting for PC anyways

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I'll do nightfall after work today - I'm in the overflow clan

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Full gay communism raid engram was the sword. Game so good

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The raid AR looks loving cool. I got it right before bed though so I can't comment on how good it is. The RL seems amazing perks-wise though.

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH

el B posted:

The raid weapons feel lackluster. I used the handcannon and scout for the first two capture the flag runs. Switched to the trials handcannon and scout for the last two rounds and had more fun sliding around and switching between them.

I used the Sudden Death through every encounter but the final. I have next to no experience with shotguns at this point, but obviously it kicks yellow bars in the teeth. It killed my dog in the pleasure gardens. I forget how many stacks we had, but quiver/nades/shotgun got the job done in one phase.

We had 72.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lmbo. Level 3 warlock alt getting 7.0 kd.

Bungie, please, fix cruicable.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 20, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

Lmbo. Level 3 warlock all getting 7.0 kd.

Bungie, please, fix cruicable.

What's the problem here? That he's level 3? Level disadvantage is disabled in crucible, he's just good.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
1. Can someone explain what guided games are so i dont have to go to reddit.

2. Saw a warlock i think yesterday with an emote that was him drawing a bowl of noodles in neon and then eating them, it was loving legit.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Emron posted:

What's the problem here? That he's level 3? Level disadvantage is disabled in crucible, he's just good.

If someone is beating a goon in a game he's cheating.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Emron posted:

The Pariah (starting AR) is actually decent in the Crucible so this is just a case of outplayed.

edit: don't be surprised when you show up on a Crucible montage.

291 has been brainless but I really enjoy PvP including the tweaks they made but I can't get over the massive change to radar only to give everyone a gun that bypasses that core mechanic. I don't mind MIDA users at all, it's pretty easy to counter with a superior scout but I assume some changes are coming to that gun inside the Crucible. Especially since Activision's entire involvement is esports right after $$$.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 20, 2017

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

96 spacejam posted:

The Pariah (starting AR) is actually decent in the Crucible so this is just a case of outplayed.

291 has been brainless but I really enjoy PvP including the tweaks they made but I can't get over the massive change to radar only to give everyone a gun that bypasses that core mechanic. I don't mind MIDA users at all, it's pretty easy to counter with a superior scout but I assume some changes are coming to that gun inside the Crucible. Especially since Activision's entire involvement is esports right after $$$.

Seriously, it was a huge mistake to give everyone a weapon that removes the radar mechanic in the crucible. MIDA should've stayed in D1.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hitchensgoespop posted:

1. Can someone explain what guided games are so i dont have to go to reddit.

In theory (taking Nightfall for example), there are two queues: one for sherpas and one for people looking to be guided. So a fireteam of 2 queues as sherpas and the game gives you a 3rd from the queue of people looking to be guided. The three of you are put into a fireteam and sent to the Nightfall, where you communicate and clear the thing. Then at the end (in theory), the sherpas go "Hey that guy was super friendly and not too bad, we should invite him to our clan!" Now the guy who signed up to be guided has a community and the guys in the clan have a way to filter in new recruits through what is kind of an application process.

The sherpas also get some rewards for participating, though maybe just cosmetic?

In practice there are a LOT more people wanting to be led than are willing to lead and the hit-to-miss ratio of both sides is fairly uneven. You hear a lot of stories about "I queued for 20 minutes looking to be guided and the two dudes it gave me died constantly and were terrible," or, "My buddy and I queued up to lead a rando and he literally never moved from spawn and we 2-manned the whole thing."

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Cayde's garbage maps.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I just wish there was a better way in game, or in app to join people. Like I thought that was what guided games was, but it's thinly veiled guild recruitment. It doesn't even work for Europe because all you get is Germans.

Even the app and LFG sites require you to do all the work yourself using the PSN system. If I have to use PSN, I have to go online, and if I go online, I get my cousin asking to play minecraft, my brother asking to play crucible badly, a friend from ages ago asking to play lovely indie games and an indian guy asking me to help him with neverwinter, which I haven't played since last year.

Given that PS is supposed to be the prestige platform, it annoys me that you have to manually add as a friend every time you want to play something.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Sorry, alt was autocorrected to all.

I was getting a 7.0KD. poo poo's ridiculous and I am still complaining about a lack of MMR weighting. :colbert:

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I just wish there was a better way in game, or in app to join people. Like I thought that was what guided games was, but it's thinly veiled guild recruitment. It doesn't even work for Europe because all you get is Germans.

Even the app and LFG sites require you to do all the work yourself using the PSN system. If I have to use PSN, I have to go online, and if I go online, I get my cousin asking to play minecraft, my brother asking to play crucible badly, a friend from ages ago asking to play lovely indie games and an indian guy asking me to help him with neverwinter, which I haven't played since last year.

Given that PS is supposed to be the prestige platform, it annoys me that you have to manually add as a friend every time you want to play something.

The first time I used the in-app LFG I legit thought it would just add me to their fireteam in game

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone actually used the "Find a fireteam" feature on Bungie.net? It gives a list of LFG and when you click join it gives you a prompt to join the fireteam, but I'm not sure how that translates over to the live game (and I'm sitting at work right now and can't test).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Using the xbone lfg thing isn't too terrible, but once/if bungie sorts out guided games it'll be a good addition.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

Sorry, alt was autocorrected to all.

I was getting a 7.0KD. poo poo's ridiculous and I am still complaining about a lack of MMR weighting. :colbert:

In that case please don't make us go back to the days of red bar superstars and allow lil baby noobs like me to get a positive k/d!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
after getting my Titan finished with the story and at 20 and all I'd like to at least have one other 20 before I start getting super into endgame stuff. How's the arc Warlock in D2? I loved that class in 1 but no clue how it carries over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Javes posted:

Seriously, it was a huge mistake to give everyone a weapon that removes the radar mechanic in the crucible. MIDA should've stayed in D1.

Bungie (Activision/Blizzard) is going to focus much more on pvp this time around. I mentioned it a about 200 pages back but I work the esports / streaming industry. Activision thinks D2 has the legs to be an esport which is a big part as to why the changes to radar, power-up camping, team size, etc were implemented. Despite years of studios trying to force their IP into a tier1 epsort it's never happened and likely won't ever happen but goddamnit if they aren't going to keep trying and spend millions on it. Thankfully for them their sister company Blizzard is already doing their best to shove Overwatch into the scene. Despite all it's painful shortcomings they somehow got the biggest NFL teams to buy into their dream which includes all of the infrastructure one would need if they did have an emerging esport title on their hands. It's just a matter of plugging games like Destiny into that system and see what sticks.

No doubt will this fail but the silver lining is we can expect more updates and hopefully positive changes to the Crucible in the near future.