Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
well that's a depressing but not entirely surprising explanation for why griffith / guts / casca have fantastic character development for a while and then all three of them stall out for a ton of chapters, followed by guts and only guts moving forwards afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Law Cheetah posted:

miura is obviously griffith

He obviously used and sacrificed his IRL friends to help create his magnum plus.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
There was an old interview where miura talked about he was guts and his friend was griffith. Pretty good read if you can find it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My guess is Miura's best friend and his girlfriend started boning and the ensuing drama resulted in his social circle ditching him

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Hearing Berserk and high school together is making me think about SMT.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Berserk is the best real life high school drama revenge fanfiction

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
I'm also guessing that instead of trying to stay friends with people he isolated himself in his and others art. He definitely lost the girl that he liked to some prettyboy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

This is super old news. This is well known. He's talked about this in documentaries years ago.

And what happened is he had a friend who he hung around and they kinda had a guts-griffith relationship. That's it. Nothing about murder or demons, silly goose.

He also said that sometimes he was the guts and sometimes the griffith, it wasn't consistent. But they'd like one-up each other and challenge each other and temporarily eclipse the other's talents and poo poo like that. Nothing crazy.

temple posted:

There was an old interview where miura talked about he was guts and his friend was griffith. Pretty good read if you can find it.

gently caress beaten

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 21, 2017

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Was the relationship an eclipse, a naked bath fight, or somewhere in between. I have to know.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Why not both?

At once?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I had a dream where my brother recommended a series called "Griffith reads GRIFFITH!" where Melanie Griffith reads a chapter of Berserk and then does a short vblog about her reactions and impression.

That's my story.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

7c Nickel posted:

I had a dream where my brother recommended a series called "Griffith reads GRIFFITH!" where Melanie Griffith reads a chapter of Berserk and then does a short vblog about her reactions and impression.

That's my story.

That would be amazing!

Also, your brain is broken in new and exciting ways!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

7c Nickel posted:

That's my story.

Honestly I doubt she's doing much, you should tweet her, she'd probably be down

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Shouldn't the OP be changed?

Maybe partial sunshine ver?

... eclipse ver?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Berserk: Dreams of slapping Griffith.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Hey Berserk Thread. Long time no see. Just wanted to say that there's a little berserk, or should I say Hirasawa, in RUINER.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

I love how it abruptly turns into a remix of Murder near the end there.

I'm pretty sure the guys who made Ruiner are big Berserk fans beyond getting Hirasawa to do one of the tracks; one of the main characters even wears a brand of sacrifice pin on her lapel.

Ruiner is pretty great by the way and you should definitely check it out!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I love how it abruptly turns into a remix of Murder near the end there.

I'm pretty sure the guys who made Ruiner are big Berserk fans beyond getting Hirasawa to do one of the tracks; one of the main characters even wears a brand of sacrifice pin on her lapel.

Ruiner is pretty great by the way and you should definitely check it out!

What is Ruiner?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nebakenezzer posted:

What is Ruiner?

A stylish as hell game Devolver published, reminiscent of Hotline Miami with some other bits and a whole bunch of cyberpunk/Shadowrun design.

"RUINER is a brutal action shooter set in the year 2091 in the cyber metropolis Rengkok. A wired sociopath lashes out against a corrupt system to uncover the truth and retrieve his kidnapped brother under the guidance of a secretive hacker."

Also said character/pin

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 5, 2017

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

drat 20 years ago the first berserk adaptation premiered on tv

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The same time since the last chapter... or so it feels like :smith:.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The same time since the last chapter... or so it feels like :smith:.

Pfff it's only a few months. That's nothing in the history of Berserk hiatuses.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Each day spent without new Berserk is an eternity of suffering

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Time to make this joke again

I've been waiting so long

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Of all the times I could have caught up with this manga it feels like this is the cruelest possible cliffhanger

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I can't wait for the next chapter when the party discovers the ritual cannot restore Caska's mind unless they do some fetch quests first

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

U-DO Burger posted:

I can't wait for the next chapter when the party discovers the ritual cannot restore Caska's mind unless they do some fetch quests first

... that's literally what they've been doing the last couple of chapters?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... that's literally what they've been doing the last couple of chapters?

Yes, but that's just in the dream world. There are some key items in Falconia they need to get before this ritual can truly succeed

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

U-DO Burger posted:

Yes, but that's just in the dream world. There are some key items in Falconia they need to get before this ritual can truly succeed

fetch quests spread out over alternate realities and other cities are loving terrible

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Only Idolmaster season passes can fully restore Casca's mind.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

fetch quests spread out over alternate realities and other cities are loving terrible

:agreed: but do you really wanna finish this manga without getting all the achievements

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i know a lot of poo poo happened but i hope casca is nice to guts when she gets her brain back i just want everyone whos not griffith to be happy

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Law Cheetah posted:

i just want everyone whos not griffith to be happy

buddy you are reading the wrong manga if that's what you're in for

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

buddy you are reading the wrong manga if that's what you're in for

Miura- "I actually don’t think I could let such a long grim story end with a grim ending — like, say, having him suddenly die. I don’t really like that kind of entertainment. I’ll leave it to my subconscious."

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I hope griffith is forgiven and they all hug at the end.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i hope griffith is forgiven after guts kills him for ever dead.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Roobanguy posted:

i hope griffith is forgiven after casca kills him for ever dead.

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

:agreed: but do you really wanna finish this manga without getting all the achievements

More like Guts heard "this one weird trick" to revive Aeris Casca.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Guts is gonna extinguish the first flame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

7c Nickel posted:

Miura- "I actually don’t think I could let such a long grim story end with a grim ending — like, say, having him suddenly die. I don’t really like that kind of entertainment. I’ll leave it to my subconscious."

agreed, that would be incredibly lame

but I doubt very, very much there's going to be a happy ending when we're done

satisfying, maybe, but not happy