Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

In other news I'm slowly doing the NIghtmare Dungeons I had neglected for ages. Ultima Nightmare was incredibly easy to brute force through without worrying too much about pushing into phase 3. One character got nuked in the face with Nightmare Firaja but then Ultima Buster died and it was fine. Nightmare CPU I also accidentally brute forced because I misremembered the core mechanic of the nodes and then ended up killing both of them with too much damage and CPU had like 70% HP still. Minfilia's Last Stand on hand plus the huge amount of buffs I had going though made short work of him, 2 characters got downed but I still got mastery so whatever.

I'm now left with Neo Bahamut, Valigarmanda, Omega Drive, Curada, Affliction Break, and Meltdown Nightmares to clear at some point. Although with the crazy 30th Anniversary stuff coming up that will get put on hold for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I might be the only one happy with the removal of Rosa's USB from fest banners. Got it on a dollar draw and now I'm happy to have a chance at Faris's other USB! If I draw it I'll have a complete Faris.

Also got my whale clear time to under 30 seconds consistently. Figured out Rosa with her USB and Wrath can solo heal pretty easily and so I added Delita w/BSB to Orlandu and Laguna for damage.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Huh, I have at most 2 dupes on any of the fest banners. I've got enough for 4 pulls after luckies and free mythril, so this is gonna take some thinking. Also

Koobes posted:

A special place :allears:

I'm not sure if it's sad or adorable that after a whole year's worth of fests they still haven't bothered to change it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I agree with you in spirit (although I did skip pulling on Rubicante) but I seriously, seriously doubt they're going to do that. They know that Rosa USB is a major chase relic. I don't think any of the 6* relics Japan got are likely to change, we'll probably just see adjustments in the BSBs.

Welp, I'm an idiot.

Dupe watch:

Banner 1: 4 (gained Onion Armor, lost Shura Gloves)
Banner 2: 1 (gained Thief's Knife, lost Asura Rod V)
Banner 3: 0 (lost Staff of Ramuh and Quistis' Dress)
Banner 4: 2 (lost Conductor, Summoner's Garb, and Perseus Bow, gained Tiny Bee and Ashe's Defiance)
Banner 5: 1 (gained Curtana)

These changes were much bigger than I expected and mostly for the worse, but it hasn't really changed my pulling plans at all. I was always circling banners 2, 3, and 5 and if anything this just makes banner 3 relatively more attractive. Banner 4 looks a little better now that Rikku USB is on it and I have one fewer dupe, but the prospect of getting Tiny Bee dupes... plus, Garnet BSB1??

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hogama posted:

Yuna's Tiny Bee BSB1 (Replacing Yuna's BSB2)

fuckin lol

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Also, one other thing that's worth noting: considering they removed both the chains and Snow BSB2 from the global banners, that certainly seems to imply that we'll be getting Super Fest as well... eventually. Maybe they'll roll it out when the holy/dark magicites open?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Personal dupe chances:

Banner 1: 1 (Ingus BSB)
Banner 2: 3 (Relm/Rydia/Rosa BSB)
Banner 3: 2 (Garnet/Eiko BSB)
Banner 4: 2 (Vaan/Seymour BSB)
Banner 5: 2 (Noctis/Alphinaud BSB)

My I/II synergy is so poor it'd be worth it to draw on B1, but I'm just not enthused for any of the characters. Same for B2: my V synergy is terrible, and Mog BSB would be really nice, but that's it; most of the other relics bar Bartz/Terra USBs don't really do anything for me.

Banner 3 was my target banner, and though I'm sad that they removed a few of the relics I'd have liked, Rinoa's CSB is the only one I'd really miss. Still some good Ice options and Zidane's USB, so I'll probably toss a pull at it.

Banners 4 and 5 both have options for me. My X synergy is kinda iffy and my XI synergy is non-existent, and outside of the dupes the only 'dud' for me would be Tiny Bee. Banner 5 has Gladio's BSB (which I missed the first time) and a new toy for Noctis, but his LMR appears on the XV banner instead, which also gives me another chance at Iris' BSB. My XIII synergy could use shoring up, though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ripley posted:

Sadly it looks like you might have to follow through on this one, Katarani.

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/ff30-relics

I didn't toxx clause that and honestly I don't feel like rubbing salt in that wound. Being replaced by Faris's USB1 hurts a lot, even for me. :(

Looking at the banners:

I-III
OK OSB is a loss over WoL's CSBreak, especially since the chain is an element that is pretty common out there. It's a statstick and a decent non-elemental tap.
OK BSB is a wash against Refia BSB. Both are top tier, but the only reason you'd want one over the other is because you lack it or equivalent.
Desch's BSB is absolutely a win over Guy's BSB; not only is it for a more useful realm, but it's one of the better magebursts out there.
WoL BSB is probably a win over Meia BSB, though it was more or less a foregone conclusion anyway.
Garland BSB is a loss over Master BSB. Mediocre dark burst vs one of the best non-elemental bursts in the game? Yeah no.

FINAL TALLY: Banner is slightly worse, though not enough so to change plans if you were gunning for NES.

IV-VI
Faris USB replacing Rosa USB hurts, as I said. Comparing one of the more outdated USBs to The Best Healer SB In The Game is like asking whether you'd like a blowjob or to gargle acid.
Bartz BSB3 replacing Bartz BSB2 is actually a slight win, overall, if only because it has more elemental options and is a rarer element.
Ceodore BSB replacing Cecil BSB2 is actually a win, I feel, though I know it'll be an unpopular opinion. One of the better Support Knight options replaces a burst that relies on aggro to be its best.
Rosa BSB replacing Palom BSB is probably a wash, but also an enormous spit in the face.
Rydia BSB replacing Krile BSB is a wash; they're both good mage bursts, but if I was forced to pick one, Rydia's commands are SUM and get around counters.
Golbez BSB replacing Yang BSB is absolutely a win; Golbez is good, his burst is still good (if reliant on aggro), Yang is bad enough that his burst could be amazing and it would still be meh.
Locke BSB replacing Strago BSB is a loss. Mid-grade fire thiefburst replacing RES-ignoring water damage? gently caress you.

FINAL TALLY: A win with two full-powered dickpunches. Losing Rosa USB and Strago BSB tanks the quality of the banner but everything else pulls it back up. Depends on how offended you are by them taking out that USB.

VII-IX
Seph OSB replacing Rinoa CSB is absolutely a loss. OSBs are not going to hold up in a USB/CSB meta without those same USBs/CSBs supporting them, and Seph has enough good toys to begin with.
Zell BSB replacing Vince BSB is a win. Vincent's BSB may be good, but Duelist is up there with Master's burst in damage output. Plus, it's a +Fire fist for Refia if you missed Rubicante's Magic Hand. :v:
Eiko BSB replacing Steiner BSB is a wash. They're apples and oranges, and they're both good.
Garnet BSB1 replacing Garnet BSB2 is a wash. It's a worse burst, but a better statstick. :shrug:
Edea BSB replacing Quistis BSB is a win for everybody but people who have Quistis OSB without her burst. Poison meta is dead, long live poison meta.

FINAL TALLY: Overall an improvement, or at least a sidegrade. Don't know why DeNA Global is allergic to CSBs, though.

X-XII
Rikku USB replacing Yuna USB is a slight win. HMG is All The Buffs You Would Ever Need, though Yuna's utility in multiplayer is not worth dismissing.
Tiny Bee is a joke. It's got to be a joke. Why the gently caress? Why the gently caress.
Aphmau BSB replacing Shantotto BSB is a wash, similar to Eiko vs Steiner above. drat good healer burst vs drat good multi-element burst.
Seymour is bad and he should feel bad. Braska isn't much better. This one's another wash.
Ashe BSB replacing Fran BSB is a win, though not as much as I would've said three months ago. Ashe's burst is starting to show its age.

FINAL TALLY: Tiny Bee/10. That aside, not too bad.

XIII-XV
Raines OSB replacing Yda USB is probably a slight loss. His OSB is okay, but Raines's real prize is further down. Yda's USB is good, but not good enough to freak out about losing.
Raines BSB could replace Rosa USB and still be heralded as an amazing substitution. OK BSB is already up on the NES banners, anyway, so Snow's BSB2 is less of a major loss.
Minfilia BSB replacing Garlond BSB is a win, mostly because Minfilia is better than Cid; the bursts aren't much to write home about either way.
Iris BSB replacing Lightning BSB2 is a wash like the other Healer Burst substitutions - you lose the Lightning USB synergy, but gain one of the best healer bursts in the game, so. :shrug:

FINAL TALLY: Cid Raines/10. Actually probably the best set of substitutions in the banner.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 20, 2017

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yeah, my major focus is on Banner 2. Bartz USB and another chance at a Runic relic is too good to pass up. Both 4 and 6 are outdated synergies for me, as well. I should be able to do five pulls on the fest total, so I don't know how else to divide it. I don't have any dupes on 5, so that might also be a good thing to try. It does have Raines BSB, Noctis USB, Iris BSB, Alphinaud BSB, and other good things. Everything else has at least 2 dupes if not 3.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I'm upset about the loss of Rosa USB (and Yda USB because I like her), but holy hell, Raines OSB and BSB? OK BSB? They added in some nice options aside from Tiny Bee.

Still gonna go ham on banner 5. Gonna miss Enkindler though. How are the SNES banner changes? I only know that the swap to Faris USB from Rosa isn't the best.

E nm

I was literally hoping the most for rinoas chain and Rosa USB ripppp

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 20, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm gunning for Banner 3 personally, mostly because of Zidane biases. His BSB2 is good with its weird unique ATK debuff mechanic and his USB is pretty awesome with the EX Mode offering a 1x ST Wind/Non chase attack on thief abilities and a chance to stack Imperil Wind. I would love either toy for my favorite protag.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Was hoping they'd make FF30 godly to make up for the lack of Super Fest, guess not :smithcloud: The drop in banner quality plus the XV event being bumped up means a lot less pulls for me.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I wonder if DeNA realizes that by replacing Rosa's USB, for which many of us were going to spend mythril and/or gems to chase, that they are actually going to LOSE money on the decision.

I pulled twice on Edge 1 and got nothing but SSBs, I'd have blown the rest of my mythril had I known.

Edit: VVV only thing they're burning is my desire to give them money.

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 20, 2017

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Maybe it's worth it to burn everyone once in a while to make people more likely to pull on the banners in between fests?

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
After the 30th Anniversary will all banners be BSB+? Or is that just for the 30th?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Changes to banners will end up saving me a bunch of mythril. Other than banner 1, everything is now 50% dupes or things I don't give a poo poo about.

Even good BSBs aren't as appealing anymore since we are approaching the end of the BSB meta but some of these are nearly a year old and not very good.

I'm probably pulling on two luckies, banner 1, and maybe the crystal tower.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Dupes:
Banner 1: 3 (OK BSB+OSB, Maria BSB)
Banner 2: 1 (Bartz BSB)
Banner 3: 5 (Cloud BSB, Squall BSB, Zidane BSB, Garnet BSB, Zell BSB)
Banner 4: 2 (Vaan BSB, Ashe BSB)
Banner 5: 3 (Cid BSB, Alph BSB, Papa BSB)

So long Cloud USB, 5 dupes is way too many to be pulling on that. Focus is on banner 2 for sure; I whiffed on Bartz's USB, but got all his BSBs and LMR. Sounds like banner 5 is decent even though I have a couple of the BSB prizes there.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

private message posted:

After the 30th Anniversary will all banners be BSB+? Or is that just for the 30th?

Currently it's looking like banners from 3rd anniversary are LMR/BSB+. Six more months of supers.

The SSB amount steadily declines from four to zero as we get to 3rd.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Luckily(:confuoot:) for me, I only have one dupe on the PSX banner, and it's Edea's BSB. Instead, the bad pull for me is Banner 2, given that I already have Bartz USB as well as Celes/Relm/Gogo/Golbez bursts.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i just noticed they snuck in some kind of conductors banner with the maintenance. i have both 6*s already but it does have that gladiolus link...

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

got 4 dupes on 1, 0 dupes on 2, 2 dupes on everything else

all I know is I'll do at least 1 pull on banner 2, everything else depends on what I get on LDs and banner 2

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Actually kind of annoyed at losing that Lightning BSB2, considering I already have Iris' BSB.

Most of this is pretty disappointing, now. I should've drawn on FF4.

3 Dupes on 1(Maria, Firion and OK BSB)
1 Dupe on 2(Faris' USB)
1 Dupe on 3(Zell BSB)
5 dupes on 4(Ayame, Auron, YunaBSB1, Vaan, Seymour)
5 Dupes on 5(Noctis OSB, Alphinaud BSB, Raines BSB, Iris BSB, Hope's BSB2)

Oh well. I'll probably draw on 2 and 3 more.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 20, 2017

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I pulled on the Soundtrack banner that showed up today, worried that it might be a bad call.

4/11. Eiko's Fairy Flute, Kefka BSB, Celes BSB, and Lightning OSB.

I think I did good.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Currently, my best Hastega options are Sheepsong (+MAG/Regen) and Edge's SSB (Last Stand/Phys Blink). Both good things to have, but neither has a physical boost attached. I do have Minfilia and Alphinaud's SSB's, but having to bring three separate buff SB's is pretty awkward. So I'm looking at banner 1 for OK BSB and 4 for Rikku USB. I'll probably focus on 1, it seems like the stronger banner overall and I'm super impatient.

In other news, finally got some Magicite after about 20 tries. I beat Bismarck with a mage team using Krile, Relm (BSB+USB), and three lightning mage BSB's (Ashe/Rapha/Desch). Everyone was Lv99, it was still really tough. My mage gear is pretty mediocre.

rujasu fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 20, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Banner 1: 3 dupes

Onion Knight's Onion Armor OSB (Replacing Warrior of Light's CSB) (dupe either way)
Onion Knight's Onion Gauntlets BSB (Replacing Refia's BSB) (dupe either way)
Warrior of Light's Lustrous Shield BSB (Replacing Meia's BSB)

Banner 2: 4 dupes

P.Cecil's Lightbringer USB
Faris's Faris's Longcoat USB1 (Replacing Rosa's USB) boooo...
Relm's Magical Brush BSB
Golbez's Zeromus Shard BSB (Replacing Yang's BSB)

Banner 3: 4 dupes

Cloud's Force Stealer USB
Cloud's Ultima Blade BSB2
Eiko's Hamelin BSB (Replacing Steiner's BSB)
Edea's Edea's Valkyrie BSB (Replacing Quistis's BSB)

Banner 4: 1 dupe

Vaan's Orichalcum Dirk BSB

Banner 5: 2 dupes

Lightning's Razor Carbine USB
Papalymo's Lilith Rod BSB

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Um, wow. I might be the one person most of those changes actually look pretty good for. WoL CSB, Yang BSB, Yuna USB and Fran BSB were all dupes and NONE of the relics added are dupes for me. :stare:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

BGrifter posted:

Um, wow. I might be the one person most of those changes actually look pretty good for. WoL CSB, Yang BSB, Yuna USB and Fran BSB were all dupes and NONE of the relics added are dupes for me. :stare:

Different dupe replacements, but in the same position. The banners are objectively worse but better for me.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I was already going to spend 4 pulls on banner 5, but with the inclusion of Raines BSB it might go to 5. I really wanted Lightning USB/BSB2 combo though :(

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Got Lightning's OSB from the conductor dollar pull :stare: I have her BSB2 so yeah I'm more than cool with that.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm really really hoping Tiny Bee becomes BSB2 when it goes live. Banner 4 is the only one where I don't have a top level dupe and I want all of the USBs. I have 3 dupes otherwise, but I wouldn't mind risking one pull towards Vaan USB/BSB, Tidus USB, or Rikku USB. But man, Tiny Bee/11 would feel lovely.

Banner 2 had been my prize banner before, but since most of the best stuff I'm after is coming back on that good VI banner down the line, I'll just pull then.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Took the III 200 CM out as well so I never have to see this guy again. Just gently caress you Bahamut. Go away.

I like the Curaja counter mechanic more when you can use reflect and have him heal you constantly.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Nah, Bahamut is cool. He's feeding me all the Lightning and Wind orbs I need in 3 total turns.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The banners are all still really good despite being changed for the worse, certain anomalies (lol Tiny Bee) aside. Some of the new USBs are better than others but none of them are bad.

Particular standouts are:

Firion - EX-Mode Loyal Retainer: +30% ATK, Buildup of cast speed reduction for every action roughly from quickcast speed to TGC speed
Luneth - EX-Mode Gale: +30% ATK, Wind abilities grant High Quickcast 1 (That's TGC Speed)
Alphinaud - EX-Mode Dreadwyrm Trance: Summon Abilities do 5/10/15/20/30% more damage based on ability rank, when Dreadwyrm Trance expires Alphinaud launches an attack that does 5x AoE SUM attacks for 700% of the damage he dealt with SUM abilities and grants himself Ether 2

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Since I don't know the relics by heart, I made a sheet pulling from Elir's of each relic on the banners, for my own use, but here you go if you want it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ruVQPCz4JdlynxErR2AGvOHF4FpvG2BGIR7S8shB-_0/edit?usp=sharing

I also added a Score column for our scoring method. I forget the actual method but what I did was 3 if I really want it, 2 if it'd be good to have, 1 if it'd be OK, 0 if I don't want it, and -1 if it's a dupe or Tiny Bee. Scores tabulated at the very bottom of the sheet. My values are in there now but feel free to make a copy of it and do your own.

Looks like Banner 2 is my go-to. I'm sad because I REALLY want Lightning's USB because I have her BSB2 but with 5 dupes on Banner 5 it's a minefield.

bilperkins2 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 20, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
This is going to be fun.

I currently have 43 relics not from the old stat stick/shared SSB days. After the substitutions none of them are on any of the Fest banners. I have 381 mythril in the bank.

I'm burning every single Mythril. :getin:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
But seriously, tiny bee?? That's worse than putting cloud bsb1 on there...

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I-III

Firion's Lightbringer USB
Luneth's Kiku-ichimonji USB
Warrior of Light's Braveheart+ USB
Onion Knight's Onion Armor OSB (Replacing Warrior of Light's CSB)
Onion Knight's Onion Gauntlets BSB (Replacing Refia's BSB)
Firion's Sun Blade BSB
Desch's Avenger BSB (Replacing Guy's BSB)
Leila's Gladius BSB
Ingus's Aegis Shield BSB
Warrior of Light's Lustrous Shield BSB (Replacing Meia's BSB)
Maria's Rune-Graven Bow BSB
Emperor's Demon's Rod BSB
Garland's Ogrekiller BSB (Replacing Master's BSB)
Matoya's Matoya's Broom BSB

2/14...but I don't really want anything here.

IV-VI

Terra's Apocalypse USB
Bartz's Chicken Knife USB
P.Cecil's Lightbringer USB
Faris's Faris's Longcoat USB1 (Replacing Rosa's USB)
Bartz's Great Sword BSB3 (Replacing Bartz's BSB2)
Celes's Ragnarok BSB2
Mog's Fairy Tale BSB
Relm's Magical Brush BSB
Ceodore's Enhancer BSB (Replacing Cecil's BSB2)
Rosa's Perseus Bow BSB (Replacing Palom's BSB)
Rydia's Sleipnir's Tail BSB (Replacing Krile's BSB)
Golbez's Zeromus Shard BSB (Replacing Yang's BSB)
Locke's Thief's Knife BSB (Replacing Strago's BSB)
Gogo (V)'s Gogo's Rod

2/14 again, but it has stuff I actually want.

VII-IX

Cloud's Force Stealer USB
Zidane's Masamune USB
Squall's Icebrand USB
Sephiroth's Chirijiraden OSB (Replacing Rinoa's CSB)
Squall's Axis Blade BSB2
Zell's Burning Fist BSB (Replacing Vincent's BSB)
Cloud's Ultima Blade BSB2
Sephiroth's Yoshiyuki-Shinuchi BSB2
Eiko's Hamelin BSB (Replacing Steiner's BSB)
Cid's Viper Halberd BSB
Garnet's Dagger of Resolve BSB1 (Replacing Garnet's BSB2)
Zidane's Sargatanas BSB2
Rinoa's Crystal Cross BSB2
Edea's Edea's Valkyrie BSB (Replacing Quistis's BSB)

5/14...dat Cloud USB doe :negative:

X-XII

Tidus's Ace Blitz USB
Shantotto's Federation Signet Staff USB
Vaan's Yagyu Darkblade USB
Rikku's Tidal Knuckles USB (Replacing Yuna's USB)
Yuna's Tiny Bee BSB1 (Replacing Yuna's BSB2)
Vaan's Orichalcum Dirk BSB
Ayame's Soboro Sukehiro BSB
Auron's Warblade BSB2
Aphmau's Aristocrat's Crown BSB (Replacing Shantotto's BSB)
Seymour's Seymour's Rod BSB (Replacing Braska's BSB)
Reks's Dalmascan Saber BSB
Curilla's Temple Knight Army Sword BSB
Balthier's Spica BSB2
Ashe's Ashe's Defiance (Replacing Fran's BSB)

1/14...and don't give a poo poo.

XIII-XV

Noctis's Sword of the Wise USB
Alphinaud's Apocalypse Zeta USB
Lightning's Razor Carbine USB
Cid Raines's Oversoul OSB (Replacing Yda's USB)
Alphinaud's Veil of Wiyu BSB
Nabaat's Folding Epee BSB
Cid Raines's Metamorphosis Claws BSB (Replacing Snow's BSB2)
Minfilia's Curtana BSB (Replacing Cid Garlond's BSB)
Hope's Hope's Gloves BSB2
Noctis's Prince's Fatigues BSB
Yda's Kaiser Knuckles BSB
Gladiolus's War Sword BSB
Papalymo's Lilith Rod BSB
Iris's Moogle Plushie BSB (Replacing Lightning's Enkindler BSB2)
[/quote]

3/14. Maybe chase Cid BSB? Probably not.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Okay, need some help from the vets. My biggest issue is still that I need some great DPS, and with the inclusion of things like Iris' BSB in banner 5, my healing situation should improve enough to make it a moot point.

So with that in mind, my original plan was to spend four pulls on Banner 2, 3, and 5. I'm still going to do four on 3 and 5 because their DPS situations are great, but 2's mixing up has me questioning its value for my current team.

Given that I need great DPS, should I pull on banner 2 (for real good relics and lots more utility further down the banner) or transfer 1-4 pulls over to the Shadow banner (top tier DPS, +ice BSB that fits into my team)?

I feel like Banner 2 is still better value, but I mostly just need more damage at the moment.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wonder who I'll go and activate the bard sphere for and nothing else with this handy mote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

bilperkins2 posted:

Since I don't know the relics by heart, I made a sheet pulling from Elir's of each relic on the banners, for my own use, but here you go if you want it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ruVQPCz4JdlynxErR2AGvOHF4FpvG2BGIR7S8shB-_0/edit?usp=sharing

I also added a Score column for our scoring method. I forget the actual method but what I did was 3 if I really want it, 2 if it'd be good to have, 1 if it'd be OK, 0 if I don't want it, and -1 if it's a dupe or Tiny Bee. Scores tabulated at the very bottom of the sheet. My values are in there now but feel free to make a copy of it and do your own.

Looks like Banner 2 is my go-to. I'm sad because I REALLY want Lightning's USB because I have her BSB2 but with 5 dupes on Banner 5 it's a minefield.

I had already made an spreadsheet from scratch on my own, but kept the rating system to get the following:

Banner 1: 26 (3 Dupes)
I'm really fine getting something for synergy in the NES Realms, but I'm fretting for the Onion Armor trying to be the 6* version of the Onion Sword (Which ended up ++'ing it two fests ago). Luneth's USB and VoF would be very welcome for JS!Bahamut.

Banner 2: 26 (3 Dupes)
I'll still mourn the loss of Rosa's USB and Strago's Burst, but any non-medica here (guess which are my dupes) is honestly amazing, specially Bartz, Faris and Terra's stuff.

Banner 3: 24 (3 Dupes)
Trying to appeal the Sephiroth Fanboys dragged down the value of a near God Banner, but it still brings a lot of powerful toys to the table. It's a bit of a shame two of my dupes are among said toys, though, and the third is just a great statstick...

Banner 4: 34 (No[!!!] Dupes)
This is my Golden Banner, enough said. The only reason it doesn't score higher is because it has a tiny weight in the shape of a bee that will make me pray hard if I go 1/11 here.

Banner 5: 28 (2 Dupes)
It doesn't score as strong as 4, but It has lot of nice stuff to hope. I wouldn't mind a second pair of Claws if don't go 1/11, but I'd prefer the Raiment of another Prince...

• Locked thread