Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Frankston posted:

Does Mario x Rabbids have ridiculous poo poo like "whoops you just missed two 90% shots in a row and now your team is gonna get hosed up thanks for playing"

I've heard accuracy only comes in 0-50-100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Is this animation sequence/music in the final game? gently caress, I guess I really do need to buy this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

My belief is that the train portion of the game is intentionally painful and brilliantly thematic as such. But it could just as easily have been caused by a desperate production cut and run. The Venice City chapter certainly is.

"intentionally painful and brilliantly thematic" is something I'd save for describing a SWERY or Suda51 game mechanic

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/everse_yoon/status/910321541467926529

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The game that jumps from one area to another and leaves you clueless about what just happened in the plot if you don't read the loading screen tooltip is not making a message, it's incomplete.

I mean I like FFXV but lets be real here.

Also people have gone out of bounds on the last continent and there's half modeled areas you never go to.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Frankston posted:

Does Mario x Rabbids have ridiculous poo poo like "whoops you just missed two 90% shots in a row and now your team is gonna get hosed up thanks for playing"

Accuracy is 100% if the target is in the open or if the shooter is flanking the target, 50% if the target is behind low cover, and 0% if the target is behind full cover. Any shots that miss the target hit their cover, and most cover is destructible.

The biggest dice roll is on super effects, and you will probably end up cursing the dice when you don't manage to turn a target to stone at a critical juncture, but that's still way less frustrating than just "whoops you missed entirely lol"

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I'm averse to anything that was in development for over ten years

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Phantasium posted:

The game that jumps from one area to another and leaves you clueless about what just happened in the plot if you don't read the loading screen tooltip is not making a message, it's incomplete.

I mean I like FFXV but lets be real here.

Also people have gone out of bounds on the last continent and there's half modeled areas you never go to.

Yeah, it's patently obvious that there's a point where Square-Enix told the people assigned to finishing it just to cut to the point and they had to drop all of the world exploration so they could hit the high points. Once you finish in FF Venice the game is non-stop set pieces that presumably would have had hours of open world gameplay bookending them but instead it's an insane train crash of plot happening.

The instant I finished that game I thought to myself that I need to see some kind of Perfect Works book in the vein of Xenogears' so I can know exactly what that last third of the game was originally intended to be.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Man, FFXV is more like MGSV than I had previously thought

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Accuracy is 100% if the target is in the open or if the shooter is flanking the target, 50% if the target is behind low cover, and 0% if the target is behind full cover. Any shots that miss the target hit their cover, and most cover is destructible.

The biggest dice roll is on super effects, and you will probably end up cursing the dice when you don't manage to turn a target to stone at a critical juncture, but that's still way less frustrating than just "whoops you missed entirely lol"

The biggest beef I have is with the medics that lob grenades. You can move behind 50% cover and they will hit 100% of the time.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also I know every time it gets brought up it sounds like a major cop out but it was only in active development in the last 3 or so years before it came out, which is why it seems so cobbled together. I've heard people just say that's people trying to defend it but leaving a game to be nothing but character designs, notes on vague plotlines, and CG trailers made to look like gameplay for 7 years seems like bigger garbage to me.

tap my mountain posted:

Man, FFXV is more like MGSV than I had previously thought

FFXV had an actual ending and it's probably one of the best parts.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I love how loving obscure the references are and hope that there are literally 100s of outfit choices.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Phantasium posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So much for my dumb theory.

Chapters 9-13 of FFXV bad, y'all.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

I love how loving obscure the references are and hope that there are literally 100s of outfit choices.

i hope they include this one

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Phantasium posted:

Also I know every time it gets brought up it sounds like a major cop out but it was only in active development in the last 3 or so years before it came out, which is why it seems so cobbled together. I've heard people just say that's people trying to defend it but leaving a game to be nothing but character designs, notes on vague plotlines, and CG trailers made to look like gameplay for 7 years seems like bigger garbage to me.

Even after they entered that three year period they still pulled some weird poo poo. If you get the chance, go rewatch the Sony E3 re-debut of FF15 where it's the Leviathan sequence but almost none of the events in it actually happen and the plot surrounding it is completely different.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

a.lo posted:

i hope they include this one

I want a claymation Mario game

Phantasium posted:

FFXV had an actual ending and it's probably one of the best parts.

MGSV had a plot that was coherent

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Even after they entered that three year period they still pulled some weird poo poo. If you get the chance, go rewatch the Sony E3 re-debut of FF15 where it's the Leviathan sequence but almost none of the events in it actually happen and the plot surrounding it is completely different.

Oh definitely. Also removing most of what you'd assume was the intro and putting that into a movie/short anime series.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Picross on here is gonna own. Every other dev fucks up the UI but whoever has been making them since the DS one knows exactly how to handle it. Its gonna look clean as hell coming from the 3ds screens to modern resolutions.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Improbable Lobster posted:

MGSV had a plot that was coherent

It also had actual fun gameplay.:smug:

I’d probably still buy 15 on Switch if the port was decent.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SeANMcBAY posted:

It also had actual fun gameplay.:smug:

I’d probably still buy 15 on Switch if the port was decent.

Same

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I just remembered we're getting a new No More Heroes game on Switch

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

DLC Inc posted:

"intentionally painful and brilliantly thematic" is something I'd save for describing a SWERY or Suda51 game mechanic

The Good Life on Switch when?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

[quote="“creationist believer”" post="“476592800”"]
The Good Life on Switch when?
[/quote]

I’d legit donate $100 or more dollars if they added that as a pledge goal.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

enojy posted:

Is this animation sequence/music in the final game? gently caress, I guess I really do need to buy this.

The music is from (one of) the Sailor Moon shows, so even if the transformation sequence is in the game, the music won't be.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SWERY games on Switch would be wild. It could happen, I mean we're getting loving Skyrim, Wolfenstein, and DOOM on the Switch in the next 6 months, anything's possible now. Wouldn't be surprised to get Dark Souls, Swery games, and DBFighterZ in the future.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I still hope From is cooking up a switch exclusive soulslike ala Bloodborne. Something soulsy on the go would be p e r f e c t

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Beastie posted:

The biggest beef I have is with the medics that lob grenades. You can move behind 50% cover and they will hit 100% of the time.

Two playable characters can do that too though (Peach and Rabbid Yoshi). Also things like rocket launchers and the remote controlled cars can also hit 100% of the time to enemies fully behind cover.

Also gently caress yeah Wolfenstein looks dope as hell. Also manually picking up the health packs was good and I enjoyed the sound effect

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“tap my mountain”" post="“476593745”"]
I still hope From is cooking up a switch exclusive soulslike ala Bloodborne. Something soulsy on the go would be p e r f e c t
[/quote]

The Dark Souls of Dark Souls for gaming? :yeah:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stan Taylor posted:

Picross on here is gonna own. Every other dev fucks up the UI but whoever has been making them since the DS one knows exactly how to handle it. Its gonna look clean as hell coming from the 3ds screens to modern resolutions.

I'm gonna annoy the poo poo out of my wife by using the TV for hours for Picross

and then force her to multiplayer mode it with me

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

lelandjs posted:

I'm gonna annoy the poo poo out of my wife by using the TV for hours for Picross

and then force her to multiplayer mode it with me

Undock it, friend. Free your Switch.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm surprised no one is talking about SteamWorld Dig 2 since it comes out tomorrow and the reviews seem to be decent

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'm surprised no one is talking about SteamWorld Dig 2 since it comes out tomorrow and the reviews seem to be decent

I loved the first. I'm flying home tonight. Is it a Midnight EST game??!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Infinitum posted:

Number One FC will be #1

:siren: Jupiter's Picross series will hit the Switch next week in Picross S :siren:

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

They won't release just one either. They've released multiple sequels on the 3DS and they're all cheap as chips.

Picross rules

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, poo poo. Picross S and Golf Story are coming out on the same day, aren't they.

I'm gonna need another Switch.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

whaley posted:

Searching google for "diablo 3 switch" and the first result being someone asking for diablo 3 for switch with a rating of six thumbs down really makes me miss the lovely blizzard community

Jesus you weren't kidding.

"Consoles are part of the reason D3 is so bad."

Motherfucker D3 was bad because they didn't have their console guy working on it from the beginning. The console version arguably lifted the game into being "good" as opposed to the auction house disaster it was at launch.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreatGreen posted:

Jesus you weren't kidding.

Nintendo Switch: the Switch is still being souls for way more than it should be

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I can't speak for Diablo but I feel like Overwatch on the Switch would be very very good for the Switch.

I don't typically play FPS games on the console (sorry Wolfeinstein Switch, I'm getting you on the PC like god intended) but being able to play Overwatch anywhere, specifically on vacation during Christmas where I don't own a gaming laptop would be pretty loving awesome. I'd also play the gently caress out of some Hearthstone if it was on the switch.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Macaluso posted:

I'd also play the gently caress out of some Hearthstone if it was on the switch.

shadowverse is better

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

shadowverse is better

I looked that up and lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747