Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DICK DICER posted:

Interesting fact about the valentine camp showers. The drinking fountain circuit is somehow involved, so if I manipulate the fountain while the shower is in use I essentially cross the streams and control temperature as well as pressure

Somewhere there, there's a mop sink with one of those little shut off valves on the faucet end (with separate hot/cold valves wide open). The last Pizza Hut I worked at had that, the water would go from ice cold to melt your skin off while washing your hands, regardless of temp setting, depending which side had less demand (hot would backflow into cold if there was no demand for hot water at the time, and vice versa). You'd also get scalding water out of the toilets and urinals unless someone shut off the mop sink valves completely.

nm posted:

You can't have wheels of a non-registered vehicle on the ground.

Maybe get a 7 day permit? Lots of states offer those for specifically this reason.

TX offers 72 and 144 hour moving permits, plus 30 day temporary registrations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Goddamn I wish this loving thread would stop goonrushing the gently caress out of itself.

*CHILL WINSTON.*

Let things settle a bit before offering your 50 loving shades of goon-thoughts on the situation you loving spergs.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Some more kinda bad news to add to the bad news. The carton of Camel 99's I sent to Dave got returned because sending cigarettes via USPS is now illegal and I was the one guy in 100,000 that got caught. I even wrapped them in a ton of bubble wrap and labeled them electronic components. USPS can eat a dick. Last time I checked, cigarettes were legal in the continental US.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 20, 2017

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Having quit smoking like 20+ times before my final (mostly) successful effort;

I'd probably have consented to performing a sounding demonstration with a tent peg for a cigarette. It's bullshit.

I'm sorry the world is giving you another swift kick square in the gooch, Dave.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

Having quit smoking like 20+ times before my final (mostly) successful effort;

I'd probably have consented to performing a sounding demonstration with a tent peg for a cigarette. It's bullshit.

I'm sorry the world is giving you another swift kick square in the gooch, Dave.

I'd gladly send Dave the cash to buy a carton if he had the means to receive it. A PayPal tied to his debit card would make this 1000% easier.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
If he had his debit card, sure,

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

If he had his debit card, sure,

I know.

The good news is that the Biolite Cookstove should be there no later than Friday.

My Idea for Dave, if he's getting kicked out by DJdaddo, is that he should inquire at that shop in Valentine that has all the old cars parked around it for a wrenching job, explain his situation and ask the owner if there is a place he can move the truck and camper for temporary storage. It doesn't hurt to try.
EDIT:
https://www.facebook.com/Caps-Garage-477768838960553/

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Sep 20, 2017

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Yea I guess maybey I don't understand the Midwest but I'd be very surprised if someone else was willing to let the truck hang out on their land. I also think cross-country towing is a bit of a goon dream....that just seems really improbable. I think best bet is to try and explain to eek a few more weeks out of djdado by helping or whatever.

I also don't blame djdanno for not posting here, as much as we'd all be curious to hear that side of the story y'all know how goons love to pitchfork. I think his dad has been incredibly patient till now and he's just at the end of his rope.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
We need to turn 14 lose on the local farmer rancher breakfast place so he can become Mayor and find a new landlord to house his camper, truck and self. This no debit card is bad and his bank probably hasn't even shipped the card because this is a giant fraud alert.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Elephanthead posted:

We need to turn 14 lose on the local farmer rancher breakfast place so he can become Mayor and find a new landlord to house his camper, truck and self. This no debit card is bad and his bank probably hasn't even shipped the card because this is a giant fraud alert.

Nah I had all my bank details ready to go and they sent me a confirmation of it mailing last week

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Larrymer posted:

This is crazy and I can't see it ending well, but godspeed. Why the hell didn't you just get it shipped to Florida? Just for the experience?

^ from page 4, lol

This has been a fun thread to watch. It's like a train wreck in slow motion. I still hope it works out one way or another.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Larrymer posted:

^ from page 4, lol

This has been a fun thread to watch. It's like a train wreck in slow motion. I still hope it works out one way or another.

I've got my escape plan

https://youtu.be/rFWKZmJkQy0

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Larrymer posted:

^ from page 4, lol

Oh hey you're that edgy poster from that Automotive Sanity forum. :rolleyes:

Dave, I hope you're doing ok. Are you eating? Enough? I dunno what I can do from Straya oval office but if I can shout you a meal or two, let me know (how?)

There's a lot going on in this thread at the moment, I think we need to take care of our guy. We can't control a lot of things but maybe if we can keep Dave fed and covered in chrome hopefully he can take care of the rest.

If the goon who shouted pizza can weigh in on how to make that happen again please do. I'm overseas but maybe I can paypal you some cash so it can happen again?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Still no debit card

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
https://youtu.be/NnP5iDKwuwk

Stay civil

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Got the go ahead from dans dad to fix the truck behave myself work clean and everything will be okay

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sounds like a good deal for all involved. Please do those things!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

slothrop posted:

If the goon who shouted pizza can weigh in on how to make that happen again please do. I'm overseas but maybe I can paypal you some cash so it can happen again?

I dunno who that was, but the local pizza hut will take a card over the phone and Dave can pick it up. Ham and pineapple :hampants:

I couldn't get their online ordering system to take a card, even with setting up an account with an attached card. Maybe someone else would gave more luck with that.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

DICK DICER posted:

Got the go ahead from dans dad to fix the truck behave myself work clean and everything will be okay

So.... don't send the pickled quail eggs?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

Man, good job. Negotiating in this sort of situation is tough and you managed to get DJDaddo to at least tolerate the best plan for moving forward.

Can you make a list of the essential tools you'll need to get the truck rolling? Like, obviously sockets, but: jack? Electronics stuff, like wire stripper/heatshrink? Fuses? Brake line crimper? If you can make a list, we can get the right stuff to you in a more organized fashion.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Excellent to hear, what do you need today that someone could get you today for immediate needs (food/whatever?)

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

angryrobots posted:

I dunno who that was, but the local pizza hut will take a card over the phone and Dave can pick it up. Ham and pineapple :hampants:

I couldn't get their online ordering system to take a card, even with setting up an account with an attached card. Maybe someone else would gave more luck with that.

I'm happy to do this but it's going to be a bit poo poo trying to organise it from a few time zones away, is there a more local goon who will do pizza duty, can maybe text/liaise with Dave. I'll paypal the money through

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DICK DICER posted:

Good deal man. Didya explain the whole Greyhound fuckup with the tools?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I asked Dave to set up a Google doc with a list of supplies / tools he has and what he needs so anybody sending / wanting to send / wanting to fund stuff knows what's en route and what is needed and can we can collaboratively edit it with a view of "reality" (please don't put dick pics in it kthx). Stay tuned.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Napa does instore pickup. I guess we need to know what we need to get this party mobile and to the impound yard.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

HandlingByJebus posted:

I asked Dave to set up a Google doc with a list of supplies / tools he has and what he needs so anybody sending / wanting to send / wanting to fund stuff knows what's en route and what is needed and can we can collaboratively edit it with a view of "reality" (please don't put dick pics in it kthx). Stay tuned.
:f5:

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Good deal man. Didya explain the whole Greyhound fuckup with the tools?

"I would've been out of your hair by now, but ... Greyhound," should be a reasonable enough excuse.

Look on the bright side, they just lost Dave's luggage. Could be worse, wasn't there a literal axe murder on a Greyhound bus a few years ago? (or maybe I'm conflating it with another news story, but I know for sure at least one person has been decapitated on a Greyhound in the last decade.)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That was about a decade ago in Canada. Was a big deal up here because the killer was found not guilty by way of insanity and was released from the asylum a couple years back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'm Wedge in this situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBG2rJZGW8&t=652s

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Delivery McGee posted:

"I would've been out of your hair by now, but ... Greyhound," should be a reasonable enough excuse.

Look on the bright side, they just lost Dave's luggage. Could be worse, wasn't there a literal axe murder on a Greyhound bus a few years ago? (or maybe I'm conflating it with another news story, but I know for sure at least one person has been decapitated on a Greyhound in the last decade.)

Pretty sure you're thinking of the one that happened in Canada. The decapitator guy just got out of a psych ward and is living freely.

While the entire thing that happened is horrific, after hearing about people's Greyhound experiences, it sounds like they had some serious gall to have run an ad with the slogan: "There's a reason you've never heard of bus rage" in the first place.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Kazinsal posted:

That was about a decade ago in Canada. Was a big deal up here because the killer was found not guilty by way of insanity and was released from the asylum a couple years back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean

I think more importantly the bus company had to pull an ad campaign titled, there is a reason you have never heard of bus rage.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dude did you know it's easier to diagnose and repair Coleman camper lift post corners if you empty the trailer out

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

DICK DICER posted:

Dude did you know it's easier to diagnose and repair Coleman camper lift post corners if you empty the trailer out

1. I did suspect this
2. Good to hear you've cleared things up with djdaddo
3. Post more music recs when you feel inspired the ones you did were very much good poo poo

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THE LIFT PULLEYS NEEDLE ROLLER BEARING

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so I need instructions specifically how to remove a corner post in entirety as I'm finding cables off rollers, wedged in between slider blocks, poo poo is all hosed and the only way out is worry about the distributioon block later, I need to remove everything, free and lube, inspect cables for damage (every one so far at the very least has multiple significant kinks) and reassemble.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh title says it's an 85, gotta run back into town

hide your butts, valentine

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

In addition to ShopKo having in-store pickup, 14" can redeem Shopko e-gift cards so long as he has access to a printer. The library will pilfer a dime for every page he has to print, but there is a near-instant way to get him access to necessities. If you're not familiar with the brand, ShopKo is the Wal-Mart for places too small to have a Wal-Mart in the Midwest. They sell things like clothes, food, and tools.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Eat This Glob posted:

They sell things like clothes, food, and tools.

He's got a tool kit coming to the local Napa tomorrow morning courtesy of Garage2Roadtrip and myself. Once he has that in hand, he can post whatever specific tools this may not have (it's got a lot bases covered) up in the thread or the previously mentioned google doc.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Dannywilson posted:

He's got a tool kit coming to the local Napa tomorrow morning courtesy of Garage2Roadtrip and myself. Once he has that in hand, he can post whatever specific tools this may not have (it's got a lot bases covered) up in the thread or the previously mentioned google doc.

That is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

DICK DICER posted:

Huh. I would've thought the roof-lift diagnosis wouldn't give a gently caress about what's on the floor. But on the other hand, God hates you. :v:

DICK DICER posted:

WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THE LIFT PULLEYS NEEDLE ROLLER BEARING

Did you let the bearing innards fall out? I dropped an open Jeep transfer case on the grass once (rebuilding it after the internal differential had exploded and shattered the case). All the needle bearings fell apart. I found ... most of the rollers, and it ran like a champ for a year until I got a replacement gearbox. gently caress the bearings, the camper roof has to go up and down once, you don't really need bearings for that.

• Locked thread