Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

89 posted:

So, you can start 2 RBs. No Flex. My RBs are:

LeSean McCoy
Todd Gurley
Mike Gillisle
Joe Mixon
Tarik Cohen

So, problem is. My TEs are Tyler Eifert and Jared Cook. Rough. I have faith the new OC for the Bengals is gonna kick the bullshit aside and make Mixon the man

I could maybe trade Gillisle off for Zach Ertz.

Yeah?

Sorry, gotta ask again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'd say probably yeah.

Is Watson or ASJ on waivers? I would drop cook for either instead of trading. Tbh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
ASJ is gunna bust (again).

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

During a somewhat distracted moment in the draft (I was picking 1st, so I always had 2 picks at a time), I made a pick, then was running out of time for my next pick and just picked the next best WR on beer sheets. Which is how I have both Demaryius Thomas AND Emanuel Sanders on my team, a decision I probably wouldn't have made if I had thought about what team Sanders was on compared to everyone else on my team.

This is going to be a head scratcher each week. Am I right in thinking Thomas is the safer choice, and Sanders is the boom/bust player (hot take based on 2 weeks of data matching that exactly)? And which would be the better play this week? I'm projected 17 points down, so I might want to go for boom potential. But against the Bills I think Siemian will have to dump to Thomas more often.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 20, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

During a somewhat distracted moment in the draft (I was picking 1st, so I always had 2 picks at a time), I made a pick, then was running out of time for my next pick and just picked the next best WR on beer sheets. Which is how I have both Demaryius Thomas AND Emanuel Sanders on my team, a decision I probably wouldn't have made if I had thought about what team Sanders was on compared to everyone else on my team.

This is going to be a head scratcher each week. Am I right in thinking Thomas is the safer choice, and Sanders is the boom/bust player (hot take based on 2 weeks of data matching that exactly)? And which would be the better play this week? I'm projected 17 points down, so I might want to go for boom potential. But against the Bills I think Siemian will have to dump to Thomas more often.

I stopped drafting DT this year after two years of looking over the fence and feeling like Emmanuel was the better deal.

Call it the Crabtree Effect.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Suave Fedora posted:

I stopped drafting DT this year after two years of looking over the fence and feeling like Emmanuel was the better deal.

Call it the Crabtree Effect.

I have Cooper and Crabtree on one team, been working pretty well so far.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I'm trying to sell high on Crabtree since my RB situation is pretty dire. The best offer I've got right now is 1:1 for Lamar Miller which I'm not too keen on. He refuses to do Crabtree for Hyde so here are my options:
  • Trade Crabtree for Miller
  • Try again for Hyde, but package Crabtree +1
  • Stand pat. If so, who else would be a good candidate for a 1:1 trade?

My team, 10 man .5 ppr:
RB:
Isaiah Crowell
Tevin Coleman
Bilal Powell
Marlon Mack
Jamaal Charles
Alvin Kamara

WR:
Mike Evans
Michael Crabtree
Emmanuel Sanders
Jeremy Maclin
Marquise Lee

Teeter fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 20, 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
16 team 1PPR super deep bench league. Corey Coleman got dropped and right now I've got a Braxton Miller taking up bench space should I just take that stash?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

16 team 1PPR super deep bench league. Corey Coleman got dropped and right now I've got a Braxton Miller taking up bench space should I just take that stash?

might as well

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Teeter posted:

I'm trying to sell high on Crabtree since my RB situation is pretty dire. The best offer I've got right now is 1:1 for Lamar Miller which I'm not too keen on. He refuses to do Crabtree for Hyde so here are my options:

My team, 10 man .5 ppr:
RB:
Isaiah Crowell
Tevin Coleman
Bilal Powell
Marlon Mack
Jamaal Charles
Alvin Kamara

WR:
Mike Evans
Michael Crabtree
Emmanuel Sanders
Jeremy Maclin
Marquise Lee

Agreed that Crabtree for Miller is bad. I'd want to keep Crabs as my WR2 honestly. If you could do something like Maclin for Miller, that'd be worth it. I suspect he won't accept though.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Teeter posted:

My team, 10 man .5 ppr:
RB:
Isaiah Crowell
Tevin Coleman
Bilal Powell
Marlon Mack
Jamaal Charles
Alvin Kamara

WR:
Mike Evans
Michael Crabtree
Emmanuel Sanders
Jeremy Maclin
Marquise Lee

I'd try Crabtree + 1 for Hyde (maybe Powell or Kamara)

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Who would you drop for Buck in half PPR? Brate? Rishard?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

icehewk posted:

brate

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

icehewk posted:

Brate. No reason to hold 2 TEs right now.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Is Week 2 like a just a week where people try to send out lovely trade offers or something?

In one league, dude offers me Kearse and Gio Bernard for my JJ Nelson (who I just scooped off the WW) and Chris Thompson. Huh? Why would you even think I'd accept that?

In another league, a dude offered me his Fat Rob for my Chris Hogan. Again, no thanks. Dude just got hurt and Perine got like 20+ carries, and Thompson has been killing it as a third down back.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Santheb posted:

Is Week 2 like a just a week where people try to send out lovely trade offers or something?

In one league, dude offers me Kearse and Gio Bernard for my JJ Nelson (who I just scooped off the WW) and Chris Thompson. Huh? Why would you even think I'd accept that?

In another league, a dude offered me his Fat Rob for my Chris Hogan. Again, no thanks. Dude just got hurt and Perine got like 20+ carries, and Thompson has been killing it as a third down back.

That's every week of the year.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

VietCampo posted:

That's every week of the year.

Same kid in the work league every year who just sends out mad trade offers hoping one of them sticks. All of them are pretty bad. Cant blame him for trying I guess but it seems he started a little early this year.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Thoughts on CJ Anderson ROS?

He seems to be gelling really well in that new offense. Thinking about possibly targeting him in trades. Of course he'll probably end up on IR once i do.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 20, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

Thoughts on CJ Anderson ROS?

He seems to be gelling really well in that new offense. Thinking about possibly targeting him in trades. Of course he'll probably end up on IR once i do.

I'm angling to trade for him or Crowell and at this point I'm fine with either. He looks good, but the injury history has me leaning Crowell.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea i'm looking to solidify my RB corps with Demarco not working out as planned so far.

Thinking about who i could possibly get with a 1for1 with my Tyreek/Diggs.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Corey Davis is out this week. Hopefully he'll be useful at some point this year.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Santheb posted:

Same kid in the work league every year who just sends out mad trade offers hoping one of them sticks. All of them are pretty bad. Cant blame him for trying I guess but it seems he started a little early this year.

I woke up to an offer of me give Mike Evans to receive... Kirk Cousins

I of course auto-accepted that without thinking.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I thought my WR was pretty solid, not spectacular but solid when I drafted.

WR- Meredith
WR- Corey Coleman
WR- Corey Davis
WR- TY Hilton
WR- Michael Thomas
WR- Sammy Watkins

Little did I know that 2 of them would hit IR, another would be injured, another one's QB would die and good grief bad luck (hah I'm funny). Grabbed Zay Jones pre-week one waivers but...he hasn't been impressive. It's a salary cap dynasty league, so can't do anything too hasty but man sometimes FF is a kick in the teeth. Is it too early to start trading assets for 2018 rookie picks?

At least my other league is going well, have the most points scored over 2 weeks by 35! Oh, I'm 0-2...

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Friendly reminder that if your league still does league vote on trades, start lobbying for it to be changed as most leagues are full of idiots and veto everything.

I'm currently being hounded by 2 guys because their trade got vetoed in the league i commish. This is what you fuckers get, i literally polled on changing it to commish vote before the draft, and they weren't for it, actually they were against it.

Then i have to explain to them for the 100th time that league votes only require like 25-30% veto and not a majority vote.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 21, 2017

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2734281-report-josh-gordon-has-better-than-50-50-chance-of-nfl-reinstatement-in-2017

You never know

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm ready, Josh.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Football Absurdity(our goon project) went in a different direction with this week's injury report:
"I need a woke man, not a broke man. A single ladies' guide to week 3 fantasy football injuries"
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/09/20/i-need-a-woke-man-not-a-broke-man-fantasy-football-week-3-injuries/

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Who would you rather own in standard: D'Onta Foreman or Thomas Rawls? I'm leaning Foreman.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bad news ASJ truthers

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/910627555522293760

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay I need other people's opinions on this one.

Our league Taco has already checked out. He checked out after the draft. I've had to bug him twice in person to get him to put in the right players.

This trade just went down: he gives Jay Ajayi and he gets Robby Anderson and Nelson Agholor. I really want to veto this because I know he was talked into doing this trade. And I haven't even gotten league dues from either team. I typically don't give a poo poo when dumb trades go down, but this one makes me think.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
[quote="“pubic works project”" post="“476599413”"]
Okay I need other people’s opinions on this one.

Our league Taco has already checked out. He checked out after the draft. I’ve had to bug him twice in person to get him to put in the right players.

This trade just went down: he gives Jay Ajayi and he gets Robby Anderson and Nelson Agholor. I really want to veto this because I know he was talked into doing this trade. And I haven’t even gotten league dues from either team. I typically don’t give a poo poo when dumb trades go down, but this one makes me think.
[/quote]

You shouldn’t veto. You should be mad it’s not you taking advantage.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

pubic works project posted:

Our league Taco has already checked out. He checked out after the draft. I've had to bug him twice in person to get him to put in the right players.

This trade just went down: he gives Jay Ajayi and he gets Robby Anderson and Nelson Agholor. I really want to veto this because I know he was talked into doing this trade. And I haven't even gotten league dues from either team. I typically don't give a poo poo when dumb trades go down, but this one makes me think.

Veto, lock his team from trading, and shun him.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I woke up to an offer of me give Mike Evans to receive... Kirk Cousins

I of course auto-accepted that without thinking.

Weird I woke up to an offer of my Cousins for his Wentz.

I accepted only to find out it was so that I would have to change my name from the amazing Allen Diggs Gurley Cousins.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Got offered Odell, CJ Anderson, and Fleener for my Tyreek, Diggs, and Ingram.

I'd be giving up my depth but would be solidifying my starting lineup and i think my depth should still be alright.

1 PPR

Fleener is a wash, but i may end up starting him while Snead is still suspended? then cut after probably

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Got offered Odell, CJ Anderson, and Fleener for my Tyreek, Diggs, and Ingram.

I'd be giving up my depth but would be solidifying my starting lineup and i think my depth should still be alright.

1 PPR

Fleener is a wash, but i may end up starting him while Snead is still suspended? then cut after probably

Snap yes from me

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I would probably mash that tbh

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pubic works project posted:

You should not allow owners to participate at all until they've paid their dues. Hell, they shouldn't even be allowed to draft.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Is something wrong with desean jackson? He was one of the drops during this weeks waiver pick ups. I would certainly pick him up and drop kizer, but I have the #1 waiver spot and I don't know if I want to use it here.

0PPR 12 man regular league, heres my team.

Tyree fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 21, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's old and slow and hasn't been fantasy relevant for years because he always relied on his speed instead of route running.

I don't own him but these are still my thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This was by FAR the most effective strategy I had this year in collecting money and making people pay their poo poo. Cause I've always had to chase people down AFTER the season.

League dues are due the day of the draft.

If you don't have it, you can still draft.

But your teams are LOCKED after the draft. No lineup changes, no waiver moves, no trades till I get that money.

Everybody was paid up in 24 hours :allears:

• Locked thread