Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Menstrual Show posted:

i hope its both of us and betty because i've got a full bottle of lotion and an overactive libido.

Okay I will make it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Emron posted:

Rifts are obviously really important, and Arc Soul makes them even better. Pulse grenades do excellent DPS by themselves, too. Stormcaller is really solid in PVP and PVE.

Yeah Stormcaller is all I use in PvP, I run Devour-lock in PvE but I have a whole set of armor and guns for PvP that are based around PvP. I've always thought of myself as bad at shootmans PvP, in part because I never play(ed) CoD or Battlefield or any PvP FPS.

But I'm starting to think that my total lack of giving a gently caress makes me actually quite good. I was going solo in Crucible last night, Competitive only, frequently with 2 useless teammates against a 4-stack of people with MIDAs, and while obviously I got killed many times my team usually won and I was always ending up with a good k/d ratio (is that what it's called?) One match 2 people bailed early out of frustration so me and the remaining guy somehow almost won by just being relaxed and not caring. I've seen this in lots of other games (Rocket League, eg) where the people who are SUPER SRS about winning don't do well because if you kill them once they spaz out and take bad risks.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
What about, let's say, jump *over* the shield?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also, titans get their health back on melee kill because striker is the best subclass in the world.

https://i.imgur.com/vyqccHS.gifv

Looks like I got plenty of health. :smug:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Javes posted:

just blink through it? assuming of course you're a warlock, the greatest and best

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Javes posted:

i mean, we were specifically talking about running through it

xzzy posted:

Not sure if you understand how Destiny works, so I'm going to let you in on an insider tip: if you kill them, they can't shoot you. Who gives a gently caress if you have health left.

If you got other targets in the area you were hosed anyways because we're playing TeamShoot: The Game.

okay well if you're fighting potatoes who you manage to kill from full health while being one shot that's cool but in most situations if a dude tried to run through my shield i am going to punch him once and he will die

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

xzzy posted:

Also, titans get their health back on melee kill because striker is the best subclass in the world.
Honestly, my biggest 'oh poo poo' moment coming from D1 to D2 was successfully dodging a fist of havoc jump, coming out of cover to claim my free kill, and then the fucker jumped again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

okay well if you're fighting potatoes who you manage to kill from full health while being one shot that's cool but in most situations if a dude tried to run through my shield i am going to punch him once and he will die

The entire conversation was about some nearly dead moron dropping a shield in the middle of a fight. All you have to do is run at them and punch their stupid face off, and the fight is over. Worst case it's a trade.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I sometimes use Crest of Alpha Lupi and I get a bunch of kills from people thinking that exact same line of thought.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

https://i.imgur.com/vyqccHS.gifv

Looks like I got plenty of health. :smug:

I like the shoulder charge in pve but I think I'm switching to the right hook for pvp. Losing out on the double grenades will be a bummer though.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Double pulse grenade hits like a loving truck too, I noticed that on dogs and calus.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Javes posted:

I would endorse this strategy if my magical spaceman’s accuracy didn’t become “drunk Stormtrooper” bad when airborne.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Holy poo poo I love devour warlock. Also the Warlock jumps are good. I was just trying yo jump like a titan and that doesn't work at all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Destiny 2 Warlock Thread: I Believe I Can Fly

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

precision posted:

Destiny 2 Warlock Thread: I Believe I Can Fly

but actually I can only sail into bottomless pits on a gradual and very shallow slope.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

xzzy posted:

The entire conversation was about some nearly dead moron dropping a shield in the middle of a fight. All you have to do is run at them and punch their stupid face off, and the fight is over. Worst case it's a trade.

Still a dumb move 90% of the time. This is why you don't randomly throw nades and save them for situations like this where a kill is 100% and you live. Or just let him heal and if he is alone (he won't be) get off the radar and wait for him to sprint by you. Trading is pointless in nearly every scenario.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I died during the last portion of the gauntlet yesterday and one of the raid guys was like "Padre what happened there man?" And I basically just had to say "warlock jump"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would complain about Golden Gun in PvP if Emperor Palpatine wasn't capable of destroying an entire team in seconds. Especially once you get the "calls down lightning when you cast it".

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

xzzy posted:

but actually I can only sail into bottomless pits on a gradual and very shallow slope.

Warlock jump is good because when you gently caress up a jump it gives you a long time to think about what you did wrong.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

precision posted:

I would complain about Golden Gun in PvP if Emperor Palpatine wasn't capable of destroying an entire team in seconds. Especially once you get the "calls down lightning when you cast it".

just lol if you're not using ionic blink in pvp

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Brine posted:

Warlock jump is good because when you gently caress up a jump it gives you a long time to think about what you did wrong.

This is true. Warlock jump is good but if you gently caress up you dont recover. That being said one of my favorite moves in pvp is to shoot a charging dude around a corner back up behind it and jump straight up and drift down behind them when they blitz the corner.

No one ever looks up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Brine posted:

It's the most existentially upsetting way to go in Destiny. "Oh god what did I do what oh noooooo"

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

Inside bungie this move is called the tickler.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Perhaps the real Destiny was the pits we fell in.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

DrNutt posted:

It's the most existentially upsetting way to go in Destiny. "Oh god what did I do what oh noooooo"

followed by a intense 2-3 seconds of gently caress fuckfuckfuckf gently caress i hope they miss please miss FUUUUUUCK. *presses X"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pretty sure thanatonauts are just using 'research' as an excuse for repeatedly loving up jumps.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I want there to be a thanatonaut emblem you get from just breaking a certain limit of self inflicted respawns

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I lolled

https://kotaku.com/the-five-best-guns-in-destiny-2-1818587409

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer

ZeusCannon posted:

I want there to be a thanatonaut emblem you get from just breaking a certain limit of self inflicted respawns

I died as many times warlock jumping into water in the underbelly as I did on the rest of the raid last night.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kadath posted:

I died as many times warlock jumping into water in the underbelly as I did on the rest of the raid last night.

Wow, many blessings upon this brave Thanatonaut right here.

*recovers from poorly timed jump in an extremely hunterly fashion*

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

As I titan I always cut my boost in shame when I realize I can't make it

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So does the kill tracker ghost actually track kills? I assume it does but I can't find it either way.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Thumbtacks posted:

So does the kill tracker ghost actually track kills? I assume it does but I can't find it either way.

Yeah, when you have it equipped, push the touch pad (on PS4, don't remember the Xbox equivalent) and your ghost pops up and you can see total crucible kills and pve kills.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Thumbtacks posted:

you can pick it up from Shaxx at 16? I think.

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
I got to level 20 last night but still don't have the achievement for doing so. Is there a way to fix that or do I just have to wait and see if it recognizes one day?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Weapon of the Day:

Reginar-B. This is a humble blue rocket launcher with target tracking, fast rockets, extra damage, fast reload.
http://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/4221925399

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/910612405079756800

Humble but good.

---

Also I want to mention Solemn Hymn, for a well rounded AR.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The pvp in this game is real good, I like that to basically only get super once a game

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
At the end of D1 I was playing as the flaming hammer titan almost exclusively because the melee attack felt beefy as gently caress and I could punch one thrall and make it's head explode like I was playing the new Doom game, and then all his buddies would explode into cinders as well.

It doesn't feel the same in D2. Melee overall seems to have been toned down. I used to rush into battle in PvP and shoulder charge people and melee whoever was left to death, but now it's like a guarantee that everyone will survive practically unscathed and just kill me instead.

Am I imagining this discrepancy? D2 sunspots and stuff just feels.... underwhelming.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

AwkwardKnob posted:

At the end of D1 I was playing as the flaming hammer titan almost exclusively because the melee attack felt beefy as gently caress and I could punch one thrall and make it's head explode like I was playing the new Doom game, and then all his buddies would explode into cinders as well.

It doesn't feel the same in D2. Melee overall seems to have been toned down. I used to rush into battle in PvP and shoulder charge people and melee whoever was left to death, but now it's like a guarantee that everyone will survive practically unscathed and just kill me instead.

Am I imagining this discrepancy? D2 sunspots and stuff just feels.... underwhelming.

Diagnosis - Not playing as Striker

If you experience a Super lasting longer than 4 Slams, consult your Traveler because that poo poo is tiiiiiiite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
*hangs on to every last blue and above scout rifle for mida quest on alts*

*shards the gently caress out of everything else despite knowing Bungie will probably add similar quests down the line for future exotic weapons*