Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

cool. i assume it will be 2 dollars in the next sale and ill get drunk and buy it.

Good news, it's 2.49 on the humble store, crack out the booze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Knowing the things my own cats have managed to do, it is entirely possible they climbed in there themselves without opening the drawer

If a drawer is open my cat goes in and comes out the back and ends up in a closed lower drawer and waits until hes hungry to ask for help

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8j-E7xPZ4

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
divinity original sin 2 looks real good and I'm annoyed that there's yet another great video game in tyool 2017 that I don't have time for

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

nachos posted:

divinity original sin 2 looks real good and I'm annoyed that there's yet another great video game in tyool 2017 that I don't have time for

Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed quitting your job to just play video games.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The cool looking Front Mission game with the Yoji Shinkawa art is...........mostly a 3rd person shooter as a dude on the ground :waycool:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still sounds better than the last Front Mission they made

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Easy to clear a bar that's on the ground

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Mario Odyssey looks rad, but I'm worried about how plentiful the moons seem to be. Stars were always significant and generally it's paced well so that you're getting one every 10-15 minutes. From what I can tell of Odyssey though the moons are absolutely everywhere and some of them are insanely simple to get. I worry that it's going to mess with the pacing and sense of accomplishment.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

chumbler posted:

Wasn't ZOE3 going to be like way in the past and the mechs were biomechanical gods or something? So no naked pilots, just straight up naked mechs.

That idea was loving amazing and I'll never forgive Konami specifically for sinking the chances for the game to be made

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lets hang out posted:

The cool looking Front Mission game with the Yoji Shinkawa art is...........mostly a 3rd person shooter as a dude on the ground :waycool:

It was announced as that to begin with.

Sakurazuka posted:

Still sounds better than the last Front Mission they made

I'm the weirdo that liked it because I don't have time for 100 hour SRPGs and never built any nostalgia towards the series outside of Gun Hazard. At least this seems to be an internal thing?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

It would be cool if everyone could cool it with the copyright laws so that I could play an officially licensed super robot wars.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

PantsBandit posted:

Mario Odyssey looks rad, but I'm worried about how plentiful the moons seem to be. Stars were always significant and generally it's paced well so that you're getting one every 10-15 minutes. From what I can tell of Odyssey though the moons are absolutely everywhere and some of them are insanely simple to get. I worry that it's going to mess with the pacing and sense of accomplishment.

I think if I remember correctly from previews some of the longer & more elaborate challenges that are closer to what you'd see in 64 or Sunshine will award you with multiple moons at once, so they're not all created equal. I thought it was weird too at first but the more I think about it I kind of like it — if it were any other game you'd have like 5 different types of collectibles, one of which is just used for unlocking concept art in a menu, etc, but in this case they've decided to make the rewards for exploration and challenges all help you progress towards your main goal.

It seems like a very clean design — I'm not sure what the % of moons in each area you'll need to get at minimum to progress to the next world, but I'm guessing they've also factored in that players who just want to focus on exploration can find most of the moons they need that way, players who are more into puzzles can find the moons they need there, or players who are into tricky platforming challenges can rush straight to those. And, of course, myself and other True Gamers will do all of the above :cool:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope 100%ing Odyssey is a MGSV sized undertaking

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Get all moons to get one korok seed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also sorry Ys VIII, Septembers game of the month is Picross S, releasing next Tuesday. I'm frankly shocked Switch didn't launch with a picross game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Also sorry Ys VIII, Septembers game of the month is Picross S, releasing next Tuesday. I'm frankly shocked Switch didn't launch with a picross game

Is S on switch and localized or is it jpn store only?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Is S on switch and localized or is it jpn store only?

Looks like it'll be on the US eshop too at $8 on the 28th.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

It would be cool if everyone could cool it with the copyright laws so that I could play an officially licensed super robot wars.

Super Robot Wars V is available fully translated into English in surprisingly good quality.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah i've seen some bits of the srwv asian-english translation and it's like, actually pretty coherent and humorous

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Oh neat, I didn't realize there was an Asian English version. Looks like I know what I'm picking up as soon as I finish tales of berseria!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I should have bought it when it came out instead of waiting until after the £ tanked and made importing everything terrible.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think i'll get cook serve delicious 2 today if i can tear myself away from destiny2

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Oh neat, I didn't realize there was an Asian English version. Looks like I know what I'm picking up as soon as I finish tales of berseria!

Yeah, it's totally worth it. The series lineup isn't the greatest but it makes up for it by just being a solid fun self-contained game translated fully into English and it has some pretty crazy stuff in it like Mazinger Zero.

Edit:

Also the translation is good.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 20, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

precision posted:

i think i'll get cook serve delicious 2 today if i can tear myself away from destiny2
I heard that right now it's better to wait for the dev to finish the game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

So I've been replaying old Sonic games just to see if I give a drat about Mania, and it's been a fun nostalgia trip (as well as playing CD for the first time), but I also wanted to juxtapose that with Sonic 4 because believe it or not I didn't actually hate those games when they came out because at the time they came out it had been a while since playing the classics and despite knowing the physics were wrong I hadn't just played one of the older ones to directly compare it against (not that it's just the physic that were wrong).

Those both got uninstalled real fuckin' fast.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only problem I had with the SRWV cast is that it could have used one or two more modern shows instead of just Yamato 2199 and Cross Ange. G-Reco might have been fun in there, for example.

OTOH we had the glorious return of the Double Zeta.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Palpek posted:

I heard that right now it's better to wait for the dev to finish the game.

Too late :(

I do like it though so I'm glad to fund it as an early access game. It just needs a few things worked out, for example you shouldn't have to change pages to place an ingredient if you already know what button to press for it. The UI in a few places (especially the sandbox mode) is unnecessarily unintuitive. It's way too hard out of the gate, which is saying something considering I was easily getting full perfect days at the endgame of the first one.

There are more than enough good ideas there to play with, the Holding Station mechanic is pretty great and the Tower mode is a really good idea.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkrwUzWeACg

I'm pretty hyped to kill some nazis and become a frog on the same day

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I thought the frog was a nazi thing though

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

:allears: So good

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CJacobs posted:

I thought the frog was a nazi thing though

don't you be throwin shade bout my boy kermit

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Wow now the left is trying to paint the upstanding American plumber Mario as a Nazi?

Unbelievable

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
He's not a plumber any more

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

don't you be throwin shade bout my boy kermit

Have you forgotten the classic kermit the frog song "It's not easy being german nationalist"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Super Robot Wars team should be allowed to make a transformers game, imo

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

Oh man are there actually people mad about the scene @ 1:43?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Never mind what I said earlier about Cook Serve Delicious 2 being "playable". The dev has apparently decided to make playing with keyboard insanely hard, because I guess he expects people to use gamepads (and the PS4 port). It's just terrible right now, you immediately get thrown into the deep end with such things as a salad requiring you to place 8 ingredients, which wouldn't be bad but as I said you have to use Space to switch to the page the ingredient is on, even if you already know what key you'll need to press for it. This is the opposite of rewarding skill. Chores are now a lot more of a pain to do.

If he ever fixes it so that the game doesn't start on "Harder Than The Entire First Game" difficulty, I'll gladly buy it again, but I just went ahead and submitted a refund. I hope Steam forwards your "reason for refund" to the devs because I went into detail about all this and how I'd buy it again if it weren't such a clusterfuck right now.

Ironically, it's a "too many cooks" situation basically. Too many new features (or features that are inexplicably harder to do than they were in the original) and you don't really start small and progress, sure there are tons of Tower restaurants to unlock but even the first ones are insanely difficult (I barely got a Silver medal on the first challenge of the first one)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the new colossus looks so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

precision posted:

I hope Steam forwards your "reason for refund" to the devs because I went into detail about all this and how I'd buy it again if it weren't such a clusterfuck right now.

I doubt Valve cares about that. You can probably review a game even after refunding it and that might actually reach the dev.

• Locked thread