Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Cornflakes posted:

fair, i'm not anti boomers in general necessarily but i'm against politically powerful boomers

:agreed:

I'll also concede that non-pol boomers who lay expectations upon subsequent generations w/out acknowledging the crushing financial burdens on those generations are pieces of poo poo.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Main Paineframe posted:

i'm surprised he pays well enough for you

Pretty pumped for the pay raise over my last job tbh, I can finally live close to the lifestyle everyone itt thinks I live

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Willa Rogers posted:

:agreed:

I'll also concede that non-pol boomers who lay expectations upon subsequent generations w/out acknowledging the crushing financial burdens on those generations are pieces of poo poo.

what was lovely about entering into the workforce was being constantly told that my generation was entitled and wanted things without having to work for them although im pretty sure the people telling me that didn't have to work work full time from teenage years on just to make ends meet

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hey willa, while you're here do you think schumer claiming he wanted to compromise on copper plans for ppaca and expanded waiver programs was a good idea or good political theater?

a bunch of people in uspol are very strongly insisting that it was a :masterstroke: that will convince mccain to vote against repealing ppaca...

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Can't have Communism without Catgirls

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Condiv posted:

hey willa, while you're here do you think schumer claiming he wanted to compromise on copper plans for ppaca and expanded waiver programs was a good idea or good political theater?

a bunch of people in uspol are very strongly insisting that it was a :masterstroke: that will convince mccain to vote against repealing ppaca...

of course they are.

this is the same bunch that claimed obama + congressional dems agreeing to slash social security & medicare in 2011 was a fakeout bc the gop refused it, ignoring that gene sperling was dead-set on cutting both + also that obama was totally on board with the pete peterson school of austerity and that he handpicked simpson & bowles to lead his catfood commission. (Obama also wanted an amendment-less up-or-down vote on the commission's proposals, although the commission couldn't get an agreement to pass even its own austerity-hawk-filled members.)

but yeah: congressional dems have made noises before about state waivers and copper plans out of their desperation to resuscitate the individual-insurance market.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Willa Rogers posted:

of course they are.

this is the same bunch that claimed obama + congressional dems agreeing to slash social security & medicare in 2011 was a fakeout bc the gop refused it, ignoring that gene sperling was dead-set on cutting both + also that obama was totally on board with the pete peterson school of austerity and that he handpicked simpson & bowles to lead his catfood commission. (Obama also wanted an amendment-less up-or-down vote on the commission's proposals, although the commission couldn't get an agreement to pass even its own austerity-hawk-filled members.)

but yeah: congressional dems have made noises before about state waivers and copper plans out of their desperation to resuscitate the individual-insurance market.

ooooh do you have any sources for that? i can look on my own, but I wasn't aware that they had tried this poo poo before, which kinda shoots a hole in both the "just compromising" theory and the "masterful political kabuki" theory

edit: found one for copper plans https://www.vox.com/2014/10/28/7083343/obamacare-copper-plans-explained

Condiv has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Sep 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Condiv posted:

ooooh do you have any sources for that? i can look on my own, but I wasn't aware that they had tried this poo poo before, which kinda shoots a hole in both the "just compromising" theory and the "masterful political kabuki" theory

i love the people pushing that as if anyone gives a single poo poo about the stupid theater politicians play other than wonks and people who post about politics on dying comedy forums

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
why does everyone forget gen x is horrible lmao

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

anime was right posted:

1) they're in the cycle of smaller, "silent" generations, 2) they're not all Ted Rall.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

anime was right posted:

because there's a lot fewer of them

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Are there any focus groups yet for what to call the worse than copper plans that will arrive in a year or two. nickel? brass? puce?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

*sanders steps out to a stadium of twenty thousand. rapturous applause greets him as he captures the podium*

We MUST guarantee the continuation of the obamacare individual insurance markets by guaranteeing modest subsidies for copper plans!

*crowd cheers*

We MUST guarantee a healthy insurance pool for insurers by raising the amount of the individual mandate!

*crowd hoots and hollers*

We MUST consolidate our federal data centers!

*crowd goes ballistic*

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
periodically it seems like it'd be nickel

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

Are there any focus groups yet for what to call the worse than copper plans that will arrive in a year or two. nickel? brass? puce?

poo poo.

i mean, that's what i'm calling the bronze plans already, so the actual strata of a septic tank doesn't really make much of a difference.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mastershakeman posted:

lead plans

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

tin would be most apt

Condiv posted:

edit: found one for copper plans https://www.vox.com/2014/10/28/7083343/obamacare-copper-plans-explained

here are some more:

begich (d): http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/215484-analysis-copper-plan-on-o-care-exchanges-could-save-feds-billions

hickenlooper (d): http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/d...article/2176812

mccaskill (d): http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...zark/589119001/

and a thinkprogress piece from last week: https://thinkprogress.org/theres-one-health-bill-that-needs-the-immediate-attention-of-congress-b2a3925cb090/

quote:

The bill will likely include three legislative items:

* Committing to pay cost-sharing reduction subsidies to insurance companies for at least a year
* Letting older people on the marketplace buy catastrophic plans, which are cheap premium plans with high out-of-pocket costs.
* Changes to state innovation waivers

Thirty-eight House members of the New Democrat Coalition, including Rep. Bera, sent a letter to Sen. Alexander and HELP committee ranking member Patty Murray Friday, thanking them for holding hearings. In the letter, House members listed some of their own ideas, one of which is sure to make it in the Senate bill: paying CSR payments to insurance companies. When asked if New Democrat Coalition members could sign off on a Senate bill that includes Republican ideas like copper plans, Bera said there’s “openness.”

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
zinc or tin. but maybe we will just jump to the chase and call them "Dalit plans."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Kill the Rich, then eat them imo

We must wage war against the Billionaire class.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

look you just have to sign your life away to off-word colony mining if you wanna get a check-up, that's simply what's possible in today's political climate

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

thanks a ton for the links willa! i'm just using the final one for now since it's pertinent to what's being discussed, but i'll keep the others on hand for when i need them :)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIadSTagXU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
re: schumers dumb rear end fig leaf

the Dems let republicans put in like 100 amendments to the ACA and none of them voted for it. motherfucker thinks he's in an episode of the west wing or some poo poo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phone posted:

the Dems let republicans put in like 100 amendments to the ACA and none of them voted for it. motherfucker thinks he's in an episode of the west wing or some poo poo.

specifically the part where he's like if you come at us from the left i'll own your rear end

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Schumer's very much part of the contingent of the party that's all "so by single-payer medicare for all what you actually mean is put a fresh coat of paint on the ol' ACA" isn't he?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

get me in on that arsenic plan

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/910380464384479232

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

steinrokkan posted:

fallout 4 and fallout 3 loving blow, and you are a traitor to the revolution if u disagree

Sometimes I think Fallout 4 was way more stupid than Fallout 3, in much the same way Centrist Dems think Bush wasn't that bad.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Phone posted:

re: schumers dumb rear end fig leaf

Meanwhile, Republicans will not let any Democrat bring a bill to the floor ever

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the new bad dem theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeD8-SnLtwE

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Is there a term for nostalgia, but instead of making you pine for the past it makes you disgusted by it?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FREEDOM IN AFGHANISTAN SAY GOODBYE TALIBAN FREE ELECTIONS IN IN IRAQ

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

goddamn this is loving gauche

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

docbeard posted:

Schumer's very much part of the contingent of the party that's all "so by single-payer medicare for all what you actually mean is put a fresh coat of paint on the ol' ACA" isn't he?

back in 2009 when an ephemeral public option was being debated schumer insisted it would have to be priced "on an even playing field" with private insurance.

which is exactly why now I summarily dismiss any dem claiming to be for a public option or a "medicare buy-in" rather than a medicare opt-in or better yet medicare for everyone.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sometimes I think Fallout 4 was way more stupid than Fallout 3, in much the same way Centrist Dems think Bush wasn't that bad.

fallout 4 is the bernie sanders of that series in that if it wasnt sabotaged it would have been considered the best one hands down

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

fallout 4 is the bernie sanders of that series in that if it wasnt sabotaged it would have been considered the best one hands down

I can't believe the dnc sabotaged fallout 4.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

here's schumer's contributions by industry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

comedyblissoption posted:

uh youre gonna have to think about a much larger timescale than that.

american capitalism is only going to continue to squeeze labor. american worker living standards will continue to decline. the only options are FDR style liberalism that gets undone again, fascism, or moving away from the employer-employee economic relationship

What time scale would you suggest?

Also, that read is fascinating. Why don't we see self described leftist nations pushing coops strongly, instead of mass nationalizations?

• Locked thread