Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Brooklyn 99 is really good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

It's absolutely incredible. Andre Braugher is an absolute comedic treasure, and I don't think anyone ever saw that coming.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Snowmankilla posted:

I think it's failed from time to time (the episode where human muscle cartoon who refers to himself in the 3rd person Terry Crews Experiences Racism) & like latter season parks and rec it seems more interested in creating gifys than anything else. But all in all I think it's a good & funny show and worth checking out.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ArtVandelay posted:

It's absolutely incredible. Andre Braugher is an absolute comedic treasure, and I don't think anyone ever saw that coming.

Seriously, watch it pretty much only for Andre Braugher. The whole show is pretty good, but he is absolutely the best thing about it.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Yes. I agree. I was saying that it deserves more seasons.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'd just heard that Brooklyn 99 got better in later seasons. I don't watch it, I was just saying that Fox might let Ghosted stick around even if the early episodes aren't great.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Snowmankilla posted:

Yes. I agree. I was saying that it deserves more seasons.

then don't say things like a poo poo and maybe people won't confuse your bad intonations for sincerity!!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Seaniqua posted:

I'd just heard that Brooklyn 99 got better in later seasons. I don't watch it, I was just saying that Fox might let Ghosted stick around even if the early episodes aren't great.

B99 is like Shur's other shows in that it takes about 5 episodes for it to get any good. It's worth checking out if you can put up with Samberg's early bad character work.

Ghosted seems like it might be OK, because it's got Scott (2) and Craig Robinson in it, so unless it's expensive to make, it's probably going to get a decent chance to show itself off.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Tarranon posted:

then don't say things like a poo poo and maybe people won't confuse your bad intonations for sincerity!!

What the gently caress are you on about.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They misread your post and want you to feel bad about it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The boys from James Bonding have been making GBS threads on their sponsor that does debt management really hard. Not in the funny HH way. They seem to be outright saying it's a scam.

Yeah that was really fun to listen to. Because they are definitely right.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah that was really fun to listen to. Because they are definitely right.

It's pretty funny, but also odd to hear, like Old man Scripps doesn't listen to the ads and make sure they are good to go?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How does the scam work

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Great I4H today. Live set with a bunch of different improvisers, including the Green Crew. Pally talks about his NYC arrest in great detail. And the details are great.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

How does the scam work

Some sort of credit card debt consolidation / settlement. It's unclear from the ad.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ton of great pods dropping... old Kevs got quite the backlog!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Loving the unofficial RSS feed still being weeks behind for no clear reason

Still better than the stitcher ap

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

Are these RSS feeds likely to get fixed or does no one care enough?

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Go to https://stitcher-rss.128.io/login and re-add the feeds - worked for me. Guess the guy tweaked how it works.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Unmerciful posted:

Go to https://stitcher-rss.128.io/login and re-add the feeds - worked for me. Guess the guy tweaked how it works.

Samesies. Won't work unless you do this.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Is it just me or do the stitcher premium versions of comedy bang bang etc still have ads in them? What the gently caress am I paying them for??

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

For whatever it's worth, I went back to an old Paul Rust + Gillian Jacobs episode after finishing Love last week and it definitely had the ads taken out. Ep 407 or something like that.

Toast King fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 26, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Most recent six months are supposed to still have ads. They advertise the premium archive as being ad-free.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

tune in to the new hollywood handbook to find out which ad they got in trouble for again and had to address it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

cams posted:

tune in to the new hollywood handbook to find out which ad they got in trouble for again and had to address it

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Listen while walking around the city for total 3D immersion :staredog: :bravo: :slick:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tarranon posted:

Listen while walking around the city for total 3D immersion :staredog: :bravo: :slick:

I legit jerked my head up when the first plane kicked in.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was thinking 'is this the first time they've asked the guest if they wanted to plug their stuff' and then the plane noises started playing

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wow, Besser's got a "punk rock musical" coming out on Stitcher Premium tomorrow that lists Harris Wittels among the credited performers. Wonder how long THAT has been gestating.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
god, we finally know what that project is

cams
Mar 28, 2003

for a dumb bit on a ridiculous podcast, jessica chafin was absolutely MURDERING the role of lady baby grampa. a masturful performance.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
For any Off Book fans that dropped out, the most recent is the best since the pilot, easily.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Besser's punk rock musical Stolen Idea launched the first episode today and it's loving good. The last song's really funny. Also, Scotty Auks can actually sing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Video of the Hollywood Handbook recording from Vulture Fest is now up, if you want to see all the great visual gags like the chairs.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Didn't care for the first episode of Stolen Idea. Too much singing.
Teachers Lounge continues to be excellent.
I've been enjoying Mission to Zyxx as well.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLALVyUJIfAAGbyYOn-V9DPPrr4wRLKRWl

Don't remember if this has ever been posted here. A little one off treat for you hayes heads out there.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
How did this get made was really good again this week. Gooby is free on Youtube if anyone wants to see it.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I really liked the most recent I4H with the intern tryouts. How did someone not comment on the insane vocal fry of all three of the interns - yikes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

First Paul Rust steals his beard, now this........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

First Paul Rust steals his beard, now this........

Don't be petty.