Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Delivery McGee posted:

Did you let the bearing innards fall out? I dropped an open Jeep transfer case on the grass once (rebuilding it after the internal differential had exploded and shattered the case). All the needle bearings fell apart. I found ... most of the rollers, and it ran like a champ for a year until I got a replacement gearbox. gently caress the bearings, the camper roof has to go up and down once, you don't really need bearings for that.

Um he's not staying there forever and will have to move it to wherever he's going to camp next. And if he needs to sell it down the road it's going to need to work correctly, might as well get it working right now.

Dave, pro pop up tip, if u can get some reflectix or similar insulation sheets you can cut them to fit between the screen and flap for some added insulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
The bearings are presumably already hosed, I was just saying "it'll still work well enough even if it's missing some bits." Resale value is not a consideration at this point -- if he gets to the point of selling it, he'll have fixed it proper. But to make it work right now to survive the Nebraska winter, the bearings don't really need all the rollers as long as he can crank the thing up to make a somewhat sturdier heated tent, as opposed to the regular tent he has now.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 20, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Um he's not staying there forever and will have to move it to wherever he's going to camp next. And if he needs to sell it down the road it's going to need to work correctly, might as well get it working right now.

Dave, pro pop up tip, if u can get some reflectix or similar insulation sheets you can cut them to fit between the screen and flap for some added insulation.

Lmao I found a brand new 4x10 sheet of that poo poo dumpster diving in Seattle and wound up throwin it back out

Also shopko doesn't sell cigarettes

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*woeful howl at a moon too afraid to show its face able to be heard from Ainsworth*

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DICK DICER posted:

Also shopko doesn't sell cigarettes

Does shopko sell gift cards to places that sell cigarettes?

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

My 2 year old daughter just pointed to 14's avatar and said "That's Ice Cream!"

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Does shopko sell gift cards to places that sell cigarettes?

They do, and I did

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
14" DICY: Like The Truman Show if Truman were in on it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Jealous Cow posted:

14" DICY: Like The Truman Show if Truman were in on it.

And had the budget of a you tube video.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DICK DICER posted:

Got the go ahead from dans dad to fix the truck behave myself work clean and everything will be okay

Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I'm the pizza goon, and I'm loving broke from fixing my own busted poo poo (Vortec intake gaskets :argh:). But if anyone else wants to get him a pizza, the number is 402-376-3303, they take credit cards over the phone, tell them it's a dine-in for Dave Blomquist. I've been getting him a stuffed Hawaiian and a large soft drink.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is dick's email still the same as last year? I could send him a gift card to the hut so we don't have to worry bout coordinating.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

rndmnmbr posted:

I'm the pizza goon, and I'm loving broke from fixing my own busted poo poo (Vortec intake gaskets :argh:). But if anyone else wants to get him a pizza, the number is 402-376-3303, they take credit cards over the phone, tell them it's a dine-in for Dave Blomquist. I've been getting him a stuffed Hawaiian and a large soft drink.

Oh don't feel guilty at all, someone else did help me out. And then a package of kippered herring, sardines, marmite, and the Queen arrived and turns out I like sardines. I also like draining the sardine can directly into my open and waiting backpack. Today a soup and drinks package showed up from Amazon, so I've got liquids covered and thank you to the dude who sent like a thousand cans of cherry coke. And now I've got nicotine and tools are arriving tomorrow so I can safely say i won't be busy doing a god drat thing for another week until supplies run out and I decide to cut up my debit card whenever it shows up just because I love this hosed up merry go round and never want off.

I was thinking about how to make a bike working stand out of the cherry picker and some of the trunk mount bike racks that are lying around here and then I thought about how tremeks bike would look strapped up on there and then also to the front of the trailer and then all I could hear was "Organic, his job is Parts bag" and might have started drooling a little

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yo fire is like waste oil you just double wall the container and it's good to go right

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

DICK DICER posted:

Okay so I need instructions specifically how to remove a corner post in entirety as I'm finding cables off rollers, wedged in between slider blocks, poo poo is all hosed and the only way out is worry about the distributioon block later, I need to remove everything, free and lube, inspect cables for damage (every one so far at the very least has multiple significant kinks) and reassemble.

That doesn't surprise me, from looking at the diagram. Seems like lifting the corners manually, without taking up the cable slack under the trailer, is going to gently caress things up a lot.

Are you trying to warm up the trailer? Does the furnace or the stove work?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > I Bought A Truck: What am I looking at here?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

quadpus posted:

That doesn't surprise me, from looking at the diagram. Seems like lifting the corners manually, without taking up the cable slack under the trailer, is going to gently caress things up a lot.

Are you trying to warm up the trailer? Does the furnace or the stove work?

Possibly, I've got power at the main breaker panel at the rear but nowhere else yet it seems. And I'm measuring the effectiveness of a citronella keep bugs away candle by the number average of dead bugs floating in the wax per hour

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I keep wanting to test the emergency flare I brought as a just in case but something tells me that doesn't toggle well

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

DICK DICER posted:

I keep wanting to test the emergency flare I brought as a just in case but something tells me that doesn't toggle well

Burn down the trailer AFTER the truck is running

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

strangehamster posted:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Asses to asses

Butts to butts

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

Asses to asses

Butts to butts

Dead bodies to the kitchen.

But seriously, daddo just gave you his good graces. Don't set off your flare...yet.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

DICK DICER posted:

Yo fire is like waste oil you just double wall the container and it's good to go right

No, it's like bad gas where you stick it in a container then "forget" it at someone's house.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Swear to God I had so thoroughly forgotten that my first reaction was farts in jars

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DICK DICER posted:

Got the go ahead from dans dad to fix the truck behave myself work clean and everything will be okay

I don't see anything about "don't burn a goddamned vehicle to the ground again" in th..

strangehamster posted:

Right on loving cue.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm finally sick I woke up in the middle of the night sweating, puked ,a raccoon or possum tried to open the tent and come say hi, my migrane from yesterday is still here and I just want to die

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Drink some water my son. Alternate Ibuprofen and paracetamol every two hours. If you can't eat let's get you some Brawndo asap. Hydration is king

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

DICK DICER posted:

I'm finally sick I woke up in the middle of the night sweating, puked ,a raccoon or possum tried to open the tent and come say hi, my migrane from yesterday is still here and I just want to die

Eat the raccoon, consume its power. Also hope you feel better.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ugh Being sick alone sucks. Stay hydrated and rest. Don't make it worse by feeling obligated to do stuff.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've sat around for a month now, I've almost got a trailer with a roof up, I need to chef the mail for my bank card, and I have a moral obligation to sprad whatever this is to as many people in town as possible

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Actually I realised due 5o the V profile of the elevation change leaving dans place to going into town it literally could be said I'd be riding uphill both ways

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

slothrop posted:

Drink some water my son. Alternate Ibuprofen and paracetamol every two hours. If you can't eat let's get you some Brawndo asap. Hydration is king

He got (I think) 16 bottles of Gatorade plus some soup in an order I sent that got there yesterday. That timed out well, I guess. Feel better Dick. Then enjoy some of those Cherry Cokes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I don't see anything about "don't burn a goddamned vehicle to the ground again" in th..

Right on loving cue.

https://youtu.be/iCYFvp2Bhw0

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

slothrop posted:

There's no paracetamol in the US

e. Apparently it's just acetaminophen, which is Tylenol.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Leperflesh posted:

There's no paracetamol in the US

e. Apparently it's just acetaminophen, which is Tylenol.

The gently caress kind of backwards 3rd world shithole are you talking about?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Fix truck.
if fail go north. there be the coldwarmotor guys, the mayor goon, and healthcare. To the south only exist horrible dragons humidity, hurricanes and floods

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

cakesmith handyman posted:

The gently caress kind of backwards 3rd world shithole are you talking about?

Americans don't know the word "paracetamol" because it's not called that here, but wikipedia says it's just tylenol.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tool kit obtained. Approved for October SNAP benefits. Still no debit card lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
No wants you to have tobacco USPS is the great Satan.

• Locked thread