Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Rad Russian posted:

Lowtax's ironclad TOS says you have to box him in person to get a refund.

I would box Connor McGregor for 10 bux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:toot:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Game dead already

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what do normal star citizen streamers stream? falling through ships in new and interesting ways?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

man anyone who says it won't release has never owned a poo poo early access game. they always release. the dev slaps a 1.0 on whatever the most recent build is, flags it as done on steam, and runs squealing off into the night as the negative reviews start to roll in for real.

I mean full release as promised.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
At this point id consider SC a massive success if they manage to remake half of freelancer with modern graphics.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

TheAgent posted:

I'm pretty sure 3.0, in whatever hobbled state it's in, will be billed as release

with all features as promised by sir chris? or poo poo mvp now backers wont sue. 2 different releases we are talking about here.
I se 3.0 as the mvp EA live game thanks for the money suckers. But are they that stupid or desperate?

intardnation fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 20, 2017

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

intardnation posted:

But are they that stupid or desperate?

If both is not an option I won't answer to your question.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Awesome! posted:

what do normal star citizen streamers stream? falling through ships in new and interesting ways?

Usually goes like this (honest summary)

:v: OK, let's play some STAR MARINE!!!!
*looking for players goes by for ten minutes, none join*
:v: Oh, OK, pretty quiet tonight, let's play some ARENA COMMANDO
*Flys around for 20 mins doing not much, no other players around*
:saddowns: OK, lets go to port olisar

Going to port olisar seems to be some sort of thing they try to put off but always end up there as if it was their destiny

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
This is well worth a listen:

quote:

Are "White Knights" helping development? What impressions do they leave with viewers/readers? What do potential backers see?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU1sRg3ROvY

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

intardnation posted:

with all features as promised by sir chris? or poo poo mvp now backers wont sue. 2 different releases we are talking about here.
I think you'll find Chris never promised anything and the feature lists and convention demos were there merely to whet the imagination, not represent actual concrete goals.

That's how game development works, didn't you even know that? Futhermore, gently caress you goonie.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Usually goes like this (honest summary)

:v: OK, let's play some STAR MARINE!!!!
*looking for players goes by for ten minutes, none join*
:v: Oh, OK, pretty quiet tonight, let's play some ARENA COMMANDO
*Flys around for 20 mins doing not much, no other players around*
:saddowns: OK, lets go to port olisar

Going to port olisar seems to be some sort of thing they try to put off but always end up there as if it was their destiny

that was basically beat for beat my last stream, except when I got to Port Olisar the game started chugging so bad I had to quit and play something else lol

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

gal: straight up don't gently caress with any of the higher ups tho
gal: they did have "call out" meetings that they crouched as "productivity meetings"
me: you?
gal: no. but it made me furious
dude: a lot of us came over together
dude: or knew each other
dude: seeing a friend hurt like that
dude: it hurt all of us
me: you guys get serious when you drink
other dude: gently caress you

This is sad. Yet more evidence of truly terrible management at the expense of making people feel terrible.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They use repurposed aircraft-grade metal, yes, but the website that sells it ( or at the very least a diff vendor and same desk) claims they use "screwed rivets" which they claim is a thing for old planes, which I've literally never heard of.

That's certainly bullshit, as aircraft are made using solid rivets and are hammered on the outside up against a solid surface. A screw rivet would never be used, due to vibrations causing it to become loose.

For this and more information on aircraft building please visit http://www.icanbuildanaircraftinanafternoon.com

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

man anyone who says it won't release has never owned a poo poo early access game. they always release. the dev slaps a 1.0 on whatever the most recent build is, flags it as done on steam, and runs squealing off into the night as the negative reviews start to roll in for real.

Eh, I've been burned on a few things on early access that 'released', but never to more than the tune of about $30. I know goons who still have waaaay above that in this poo poo (judging by my facebook instafeed re-tweets or whatever the gently caress).

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TheAgent posted:

hanging at lunch with a dude and a gal and another dude

dude: why are you on your phone
me: I'm going to post on S.A.
*laughter*
gal: don't, just don't we
dude: oh gently caress it
me: I'm live blogging all of this
me: this will blow the star citizen case wide open
me: tell me CIG secrets
gal: disco lando and toast are dating
me: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I would never have spotted Toast as a hobosexual

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I love my dead gay space FMV.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

that was basically beat for beat my last stream, except when I got to Port Olisar the game started chugging so bad I had to quit and play something else lol

I always made the mistake of starting off in port olisarse and never having the mental fortitude to go further or elsewhere

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I always made the mistake of starting off in port olisarse and never having the mental fortitude to go further or elsewhere

It's always just as loving dumb. Star Marine is sometimes borderline playable for like five minutes before you get bored.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Some of my best experiences with lovely mmo's have been trolling the poo poo out of them with goons - from habbo hotel (geno cultists) to city of heroes (jumping jacks for XP just go to this area where you will absolutely die) to corporate spreadsheet skulduggery in EVE. Promise me that if this ever releases and can support more than 6 people per instance we will come together as a single entity, purchase minimal accounts and ruin it for every other person for as long as CIG can afford to keep the servers turned on? Frankly it's the best outcome I can imagine.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

It's always just as loving dumb. Star Marine is sometimes borderline playable for like five minutes before you get bored.

I've never even loaded it up :v:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Hey now, in the 3.0 chat Erin stated that flying a ship through space is a top priority.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hey now, in the 3.0 chat Erin stated that flying a ship through space is a top priority.

Thank you man who drove lego games into the ground I have unwavering faith again

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

That was IonStorm Austin which sort of quietly was competent with the investor money while main ionstorm was imploding. If there is a second secret CIG that Roberts has no say over, run by a humble smart game designer, then things are looking up.

But right now Harvey Smith is at Arkane. And Warren Spector is making SystemShock 3 at OtherSide.

Didn't the main Ion Storm produce Anachronox? If so, that's enough to give them a pass in my books.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

tooterfish posted:

I think you'll find Chris never promised anything and the feature lists and convention demos were there merely to whet the imagination, not represent actual concrete goals.

That's how game development works, didn't you even know that? Futhermore, gently caress you goonie.

forgot thanks for the donation!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Viscous Soda posted:

Didn't the main Ion Storm produce Anachronox? If so, that's enough to give them a pass in my books.

They did but it was good in spite of them not because of them, there was a ton of cut content and if it were made somewhere that wasn't ran into the ground by a boss eyed man beast it would probably been even better.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Rugganovich posted:

That's certainly bullshit, as aircraft are made using solid rivets and are hammered on the outside up against a solid surface. A screw rivet would never be used, due to vibrations causing it to become loose.

For this and more information on aircraft building please visit http://www.icanbuildanaircraftinanafternoon.com

Ive seen rivets with what look like screw heads on the surface, but thats just due to the particular rivet and method of installing it, right? Its obviously not an actual screw rivet.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

OK snarky drunk anonymous CIG dev quotes are orders of magnitude more entertaining than obsessive "archiving" of every single reddit post and associated tweet made by backers, how do I crowdfund The Agent's booze expenses until the golden goose dies from alcohol poisoning?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

peter gabriel posted:

Game dead already

During the first 5 years of alpha the game was just setting up its player base so it doesn't count.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Thank you man who drove lego games into the ground I have unwavering faith again

Cool.

Now we need a Chris Lego type dude jpeg.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Thirsty Dog posted:

OK snarky drunk anonymous CIG dev quotes are orders of magnitude more entertaining than obsessive "archiving" of every single reddit post and associated tweet made by backers, how do I crowdfund The Agent's booze expenses until the golden goose dies from alcohol poisoning?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I've never even loaded it up :v:

In the words of our videogaming saviour, JUST DO IT. Maybe Arena Commando or Star Marine turn out to be the real gem that makes you appreciate what CIG is doing.

eta: Ah, poo poo. Don't have much saved on this machine, so let's all enjoy the time Kitty Pryde remembered a recently departed friend by listing every racist term she could think of.

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 21, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

In the words of our videogaming saviour, JUST DO IT. Maybe Arena Commando or Star Marine turn out to be the real gem that makes you appreciate what CIG is doing.

I could become a streamer!!!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thirsty Dog posted:

:same: (and yes I know I'm also guilty of posting reddit poo poo) let's make Agent drunk forever.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

:same: (and yes I know I'm also guilty of posting reddit poo poo) let's make Agent drunk forever.

Or just crowdfund the shadiest no-sources rumor mill this side of christendom.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The Agent Completionist pack: A bottle of Thunderbird and whatever else. 5USD.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Is it really worth making him eligible for a guest spot on the simpsons?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thirsty Dog posted:

I don't know about you but I'm buying 20 pledges. Love pledges.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lmao god drat that was worth however long it took you :five: