Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
gently caress I wish I wasn't stuck at work since I know the second half is going to be a snooze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
lmao that close up of Sigi bellowing "bullshit!"

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Why are my homeboys in Toronto down two goals in the first twelve minutes?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
4-0, this is just getting cruel

nice finish by Almiron though

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

almiron just waltz past that defender

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Montreal up 3-0 in Toronto before the 30th minute because today is apparently Blowout Day.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

Montreal up 3-0 in Toronto before the 30th minute because today is apparently Blowout Day.

Open Cup going to penalties at 0-0, calling it now

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

What the gently caress is going on at BMO Field? :psyduck:

Also that's totally not a red.

It stayed red after review? What the gently caress?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

whypick1 posted:

What the gently caress is going on at BMO Field? :psyduck:

we were absolutely fantastic except for five small mistakes

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Azerban posted:

we were absolutely fantastic except for five small mistakes

If anyone could have given up a 5-1 lead it would have been 2017 Montreal but Ricketts simply didn't have enough time.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

All the good teams are in the east.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It's weird seeing an NYC "home" game without seeing an on-deck circle.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Both teams came really close to grabbing the winner in the last minute, but the draw means that Toronto can claim the shield by winning at New England, which is incidentally the next game up.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Why is Ramses Sandoval so awful?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

What the hell Toronto?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Revs over Reds :eyepop:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

whypick1 posted:

What the hell Toronto?

This but chicago

https://twitter.com/futbolmls/status/911735621143719937

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
We had a tifo banner today where one of our drummers finally proposed. Not a bad night.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Please someone rub some placenta or hgh on Schweini's hip or butt or whatever because we suck without him, tia

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Big Lou Solignac comes on and scores like it's no big deal

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Patrick Mullins has decided to murder God tonight.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Hopefully the soccer gods have had their fill of Teams With Nothing To Play For deciding "actually, gently caress you we're going to spoil your party" by 10EST, because man this has been a trend today.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Real Salt Lake is pouring on the pressure to the delight of the dozens of paper cutouts of people in the stands.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
So the Rapids are at Vancouver and trail 1-0 after 4'.

It's been about what I expected so far.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

TheBoyBlunder posted:

So the Rapids are at Vancouver and trail 1-0 after 4'.

It's been about what I expected so far.

Whitecaps scoring early and then not being able to hold the lead is about what I expected, but hey it's only halftime right?

(also RSL is 2 up on Seattle now so small mercies)

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Meanwhile Badji does a smash and grab and ties it at 1. Tied at the half.

Didn't expect that...

Dallan Invictus posted:

Whitecaps scoring early and then not being able to hold the lead is about what I expected, but hey it's only halftime right?

(also RSL is 2 up on Seattle now so small mercies)

Yup still time for the Rapids to fall asleep on D and give up the winner.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 24, 2017

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

There it is...2-1 Caps. The team in front hosed up but Howard blew it at the end.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Vancouver has parked the bus since about 77', caps are busy wasting time.

Rapids will be lucky to tie it.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Vancouver has parked the bus since about 77', caps are busy wasting time.

We always do this, I'm frankly just surprised it worked for once.

Yordy Reyna Only Scores Winners, apparently.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

And the bus parking saw it out, Vancouver wins 2-1.

At least it wasn't as bad a loss as I expected.

Dallan Invictus posted:

We always do this, I'm frankly just surprised it worked for once.

Yordy Reyna Only Scores Winners, apparently.

I'm not, given how bad the Rapids are. I'd have been more surprised if this year's team did anything except lose in Vancouver.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Huh, 13' in and LA isn't losing yet, wtf?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

There we go

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Expecting Sporting to drop points here was a pipe dream but it sure would have been nice. :arghfist:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dang, Donovan getting spicy there with Strong.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Expecting Sporting to drop points here was a pipe dream but it sure would have been nice. :arghfist:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they ran the table. They've got you guys at home, @MIN, @HOU, HOU (on a short week too, :wtc: MLS schedulers?) then @RSL. I wouldn't put it in stone, but the can certainly do it.

And :laffo: for thinking LA would get any sort of result today.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dang, that was a nice FK.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Dang, that was a nice FK.

Alessandrini has been by far the best player on that team this year and all of us in the West are just lucky that all of his supporting cast has been injured or suffering from Dos Santositis.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So John Strong is trying to get everyone to cry by going over Gerso's life story, huh?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they ran the table. They've got you guys at home, @MIN, @HOU, HOU (on a short week too, :wtc: MLS schedulers?) then @RSL. I wouldn't put it in stone, but the can certainly do it.

I'm like 80% sure they'll run that table (I'm pretty sure the Houston home-and-away was because of that Hurricane Harvey postponement they just mentioned on the broadcast) and their run in is a ton easier than ours, but honestly even a first-round bye would be a hell of a turnaround from the way our season started, and that looks a lot more likely if Orlando wins tonight (among other things).

edit: That 80% figure may drop slightly if that Besler injury is significant.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
phwoar Villalba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
What a hit.

• Locked thread