Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
My new appliances were delivered too early today. I had planned it all but when they arrived I was alone with my terrified of strangers barky bitch and they refused to go in the flat alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I got a really deep cut on my foot last night and I was supposed to go hiking tonight and all day tomorrow. Still going but will have to pick a shorter trail.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016
Yesterday, with less than 15 minutes left in my shift, I was told by a coworker that the boss decided to go on vacation for a week and a half. We're short-staffed when he's in the office, and now we're down to me and two other guys, one of whom is always out in the field and the other is brand new still learning the ropes.

Now I'm struggling to cover tickets when I should have the day off and knowing that the coming week is going to be hell. And remembering that this is pretty much my own fault for not getting another job the first couple times this happened.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I wanted to hike today but it was raining and I never left my house except to go to the store, which made me soaked. I hosed up the thing I was cooking. My cat scratched me for the first time ever, I was bleeding all over the place.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Bit of a cross-post from the FWP thread, but whatever, it made for a lovely weekend+:

I got sick with something on thursday night. I guess the best diagnosis would be flu-like symptoms: body aches, headaches, lack of appetite, general malaise, close-to-but-not-really a fever (99.5f), signs of dehydration despite hydrating the poo poo out of myself, alternating sense of burning heat or chills. So I had to take off work on Friday, spending most of the day asleep. Same with today, with most of my symptoms going away. But hey, it's the weekend, and it'll all be cleared up by Sun/Mon, right?

Sure, except for the fact that starting from my hairline down (in rapid downward progression), I'm getting these little red dots (a rash, I suppose) all over my face. So now I'm gonna have to basically stay inside for another day, and maybe call off on Monday if it still happens. Or see a doctor and have him roll his eyes and say that it's nothing.

Editing to add: went to an emergency clinic since it's Sunday, dude looked at my increasingly rapid facial rash for a bit, wrote copious notes, and suggested taking Claritin and saying it should go away in a few days. I'm not confident simply because it seemed he had the same what-the-hell-is-this look on his face that I did trying to Google something that looked like what I have.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Aug 6, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I went for a hike with a friend, and the road to access it was severely washboarded and the bumpiness hosed up her car and we ended up driving for almost 5 hours at an average of 28mph on highways while stuck in second gear. We went to her parents house and switched vehicles there before driving another hour to get home. Normal time from trailhead to home is less than 2 hours, 2 hours to her parents place.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
A neighbor who had moved out I thought to a different building nearby because I saw her in her wheelchair down the street apparently didn't actually love, she was was kicked out because her landlord wouldn't accept her section 8. She's homeless. And the city is closing down the camp where the homeless people stay in a few weeks for "reasons." This is serious bullshit. One day living in a nice apartment, next day out on the street. And the place you're living in is going to be torn down. And all the shelters are closing down now too! gently caress everything.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Squatted the wrong way at work and hosed up something in my already hosed up knee. Even worse, I was going to get my lovely, skin-irritation-causing glasses after work and instead I left early and have been sitting home applying ice instead. I've been putting off new glasses for months so this delay doesn't make much difference but today was going to be the day I was an adult and did a thing I needed to and that's pissing me off.

ThreeStep has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Aug 22, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My boss is going insane. Half of the old guard staff have quit, the other half are having a hard time hanging on. One of the biggest benefits of working where we do was flexibility with student scheduling. I gave her my availability for the upcoming semester, which was Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, and got an e-mail back saying we need to talk about it together in person. Sounds like that's not good enough. I've had one weekend day off every school semester for 3 and a half years with no issue. Just because everyone else quit because she's become a micro-managing tyrant with zero flexibility isn't my fault. If she says I can't work there without working both weekend days, I'll say "Either you have me 3 days a week or 0 days a week. Up to you."

I may just be joining the mass exodus after all.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
my parakeet died

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm just really pissed off because there's a fire ban in my region due to our half of the country burning down, and someone had an illegal campfire at one of the most stunning lakes in Canada where fires are banned permanently regardless of conditions. It was a doubly illegal fire.

And they set the loving forest on fire. It isn't getting cold enough for it to be necessary for survival, we're in a heat wave with zero precipitation. They're just gigantic selfish assholes.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Found out one of my friends died, completely out of the blue, at work last night. No idea of the cause (I'd guess something like an undiagnosed heart condition or aneurysm or something like that). We were meant to get lunch today. She was one of those people who was pure radiance, beauty and joy condensed into human form. And she was in her 20s. loving blows.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My friend's 18 year old son died of a drug overdose.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Witnessed an accident between two folks on a motorcycle (trying to gun it through a stale-yellow light) and a car (which didn't have to slow down coming to the intersection, since it was a fresh green). Bike hits car, folks went rear end-over-teakettle over the car, landed, and didn't get up. By sheer coincidence one of the randoms near where I was was a doctor and got to work on them, I did the 911-calling (because what else am I going to loving do). Doc guy confided in me later that he's pretty sure one of them (the woman) didn't make it. At best, I am barely dealing with this right now. There was a lot of blood.

Wear your helmets, people.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
:(

I'm giving you all hugs, I know it's from the Internet but I mean it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I saw a pedestrian get hit by a car once. Tossed him pretty far. Found out later he didn't make it. It's a terrible thing to witness. Hugs from me too, I understand what it's like.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Because I'm letting it be lovely.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I woke up with a killer hangover and during our work group meeting I had to run out and puke in the bathroom when my boss asked me a question. It's only lunch time and in a few hours I have another meeting which I have prepared absolutely nothing for.

Not the worst day ever but I'm looking forward to it being over.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You seem like a really bad employee

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

oldpainless posted:

I just blamed it on the indian food we had for our group lunch the previous day. Plus coming into work hung over is a pretty common occurrence for everyone here. All that matters is whether you keep putting papers out.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

oldpainless posted:

Get a load of old regretless over here, never had a bad day in his life.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
it even says safe space in the thread title. false advertising!!

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
The 29th of september is gonna suck for me

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

MisterBibs posted:

Witnessed an accident between two folks on a motorcycle (trying to gun it through a stale-yellow light) and a car (which didn't have to slow down coming to the intersection, since it was a fresh green). Bike hits car, folks went rear end-over-teakettle over the car, landed, and didn't get up. By sheer coincidence one of the randoms near where I was was a doctor and got to work on them, I did the 911-calling (because what else am I going to loving do). Doc guy confided in me later that he's pretty sure one of them (the woman) didn't make it. At best, I am barely dealing with this right now. There was a lot of blood.

Wear your helmets, people.

No helmets, ouch...that sucks, man. Thanks for helping out in the ways that you could.

I just found out my friend from law school died...not 100% sure what happened, but he was young and healthy last time we spoke. Good dude who loved animals and old cars. :(

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

my family refuses to even try to use the right pronouns and keep misgendering me constantly, and then getting huffy when I call them out.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Sociopastry posted:

my family refuses to even try to use the right pronouns and keep misgendering me constantly, and then getting huffy when I call them out.
have you tried returning the favour in an increasingly ridiculous fashion?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Elizabethan Error posted:

I agree with this.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Jeza posted:

it even says safe space in the thread title. false advertising!!

Report him for not following the rules of the thread :mad:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Elizabethan Error posted:

Yes good. I will try this.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I had to sit through 15 miles of bumper to bumper traffic to get back to the office this afternoon, then I got stuck for 10 minutes at a train crossing on the way home, and now my CO/smoke alarm keeps chirping out it's malfunction alarm at irregular intervals and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

the rakes are trolls. misunderstandings are toxic as gently caress. jeez... it was just 1 loving post.

e: guess i know who my true buddies are.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Sep 19, 2017

Tiresias2
May 31, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I bet someone's already said this, but can I complain about complaining? I feel like compulsive complaining ruined my life. Like I couldn't shut myself up. Also apparently it's highly psychologically unhealthy?

Edit: I forgot this is supposed to be about your day. I'm lonely I guess. I have a hard time concentrating. I'm being eaten alive by guilt from the things I've done.

Tiresias2 has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Sep 19, 2017

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Packyy posted:

I bet someone's already said this, but can I complain about complaining? I feel like compulsive complaining ruined my life. Like I couldn't shut myself up. Also apparently it's highly psychologically unhealthy?

Edit: I forgot this is supposed to be about your day. I'm lonely I guess. I have a hard time concentrating. I'm being eaten alive by guilt from the things I've done.

I say this with 100% certainty. Go see a therapist. You're guilty for complaining about things worth complaining about? Sounds like some real self-esteem issues and I say that as someone WITH self-esteem issues.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
Came back from a short vacation to find my "trained" backup had barely done the job and I had an overwhelming backlog of work. Spent most of my shift trying to catch up and not having a panic attack. Then in the last ten minutes of work I hit my hand and now I'm icing it and praying I didn't fracture anything.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My grandma went into hospice care this weekend. I got to tell her I loved her and goodbye on Sunday when she could still speak, but she's been hanging on by a thread the last few days. My mom keeps texting me updates, and I just wish she would stop. I don't want to know that my Nonnie is only breathing 7 times every minute and hallucinating my Nunu at the end of her bed. Every text and phone call I've gotten for the past two days make my heart sink until, once again, I see it's just another cousin checking in or my mom telling me more info about her dying mother. I wanted to fly down to Florida to be with them, but my grandma told me not to go down because she didn't want any of her grand kids there at the end.

So I'm sitting here at work trying to function and every time my phone vibrates I mentally prepare myself and it's just draining. I just want to be down there with my mom and dad, but I promised her I wouldn't. This is both my grandparents and two friends with in 12 months. I'm used to losing friends, but family is too much.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Is a happy moment OK in this thread?

GWBBQ posted:

Unless there's some unheard-of benign tumor that spreads to other organs, my mom has Stage IV pancreatic cancer. Yes, that is a mix of denial and hope that I'm expressing.
Just under 5 months later, mom has been under the care of a great Oncologist, had a checkup appointment with a doctor who's the #1 guy in the world for pancreatic cancer, and her tumor markers are down from over 1000 to 142 (0-37 is normal range) as of last week. We took the train into NYC a few weeks ago to see Dr. Abou-Alfa at MSK (the guy I linked above for those on mobile) and she was able to walk 13 blocks from Grand Central there and back.

I think she's going to be OK.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
My dad's girlfriend went off the rails yet again last night. Seems to have a problem with me and my sister in particular for the heinous crime of living together with my dad (rent and utilities shared equally). Dragged on so late, I'm freaking tired today.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

GWBBQ posted:

Is a happy moment OK in this thread?

Just under 5 months later, mom has been under the care of a great Oncologist, had a checkup appointment with a doctor who's the #1 guy in the world for pancreatic cancer, and her tumor markers are down from over 1000 to 142 (0-37 is normal range) as of last week. We took the train into NYC a few weeks ago to see Dr. Abou-Alfa at MSK (the guy I linked above for those on mobile) and she was able to walk 13 blocks from Grand Central there and back.

I think she's going to be OK.

Glad to hear your mums looking better.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I'm a thirty something failure whose had too many years of unemployment/underemployment and I just managed to get a good paying job solely because I know someone who works at this place. I should note that this is the first time I've ever taken advantage of knowing someone to get a job.

And I'm realizing that after three lovely days of training that I might not be able to do this job. But I desperately need it because I only have $150 to my name.

I'm feeling like a real worthless piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I'm a thirty something failure whose had too many years of unemployment/underemployment and I just managed to get a good paying job solely because I know someone who works at this place. I should note that this is the first time I've ever taken advantage of knowing someone to get a job.

And I'm realizing that after three lovely days of training that I might not be able to do this job. But I desperately need it because I only have $150 to my name.

I'm feeling like a real worthless piece of poo poo.

Imposter syndrome is a real thing and I think you're knee deep in it. You wouldn't have been hired unless they thought you could do it. I'm going through this poo poo with a new job myself and the confidence does build. Worst case, just loving ask somebody if you're not sure. You're the new guy, they're expecting questions from you.