Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Super Robot Wars V is available fully translated into English in surprisingly good quality.

What platform?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vita and PS4.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuringa posted:

I doubt Valve cares about that. You can probably review a game even after refunding it and that might actually reach the dev.

I know the H3VR dev mentioned on one of his devlogs he was reviewing reasons for refunding.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
when refunds were introduced some devs uploaded weird refund reasons to a tumblr to laugh at them so i imagine they probably get the reports

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Mario Odyssey looks rad, but I'm worried about how plentiful the moons seem to be. Stars were always significant and generally it's paced well so that you're getting one every 10-15 minutes. From what I can tell of Odyssey though the moons are absolutely everywhere and some of them are insanely simple to get. I worry that it's going to mess with the pacing and sense of accomplishment.

I'm glad they finally got rid of lives/green mushrooms and found something more significant to give you for beating little challenges. Are there not any collectibles more important than moons? I haven't been following it much since I want it to be fresh.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

If he ever fixes it so that the game doesn't start on "Harder Than The Entire First Game" difficulty, I'll gladly buy it again, but I just went ahead and submitted a refund. I hope Steam forwards your "reason for refund" to the devs because I went into detail about all this and how I'd buy it again if it weren't such a clusterfuck right now.

It does. Garry Newman of Garry's Mod posted a blog update about the most popular reasons why people refunded GMod and Rust.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm glad they finally got rid of lives/green mushrooms and found something more significant to give you for beating little challenges. Are there not any collectibles more important than moons? I haven't been following it much since I want it to be fresh.

Some bigger challenges will give you moon clusters that count as multiple moons. Also the moons are used to access new worlds to progress through the game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Bit my tongue then, I never expected 2017 Valve to actually be that supportive to other devs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Garry's analysis (read the tweet thread) is pretty interesting but I'd like to see the data from an actually good video game sometime

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 21, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Vita and PS4.

Oh snap, I guess I'll have to setup an Asian account... You set your region as Hong Kong, right?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Oh snap, I guess I'll have to setup an Asian account... You set your region as Hong Kong, right?

Yeah, Hong Kong or Singapore usually.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh sweet, the Death Road To Canada dev finally put up a fix for the problem that caused tons of people to not be able to even launch the game because of Microsoft drivers being archaic and dumb.

Looks like I'll grab the $10 version of the humble bundle to get that, Beat Cop, and Dungeon Souls. Which means I'll have an Oxenfree code to spare since I already own it on PS4, if anyone wants that

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah my copy came from Singapore so I had to set up a Singaporean PSN account- when I got the DLC I had to use that account to purchase it too.

You can play it on your main account however, at least on the PS4 version.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 21, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

the new colossus looks so good

the power went out while i was typing it because non-metro/wealthy elite hawaii is basically a third world country but before i was so rudely interrupted by a rolling blackout so the stores and hotels in wailea could pump the AC harder, i was about to say that the only thing i really want to see, but won't get to, in new colossus is a character like eddie aikau or someone from the hawaiian renaissance. it's parallel-civil rights era, right? the movement was so important to hawaiians because it gave us the political capital to do things like repeal the bans on hawaiian language, hula and other cultural practices, etc. we crafted and shipped thousands of leis to dr king's march in selma to show our appreciation and i'll be bummed when we inevitably don't have a representative fighting nazzies in TNC

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
why did i read the youtube comments on that Wolfenstein 2 trailer

jesus christ kill the human race now before it spreads

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

why did i read the youtube comments on that Wolfenstein 2 trailer

jesus christ kill the human race now before it spreads

I pre-emptively quoted this post and went to look at the comments so I could come back and say "oh it's not that bad it's just a few bad eggs" but yeesh some fuckin people man

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's kind of neat that Wolfenstein 2 is like an indirect sequel to the Mafia 3 DLC apparently

It's me, I'm the one guy who thought Mafia 3 was genuinely good and fun

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

precision posted:

It's kind of neat that Wolfenstein 2 is like an indirect sequel to the Mafia 3 DLC apparently

I heard Mafia 3's story was really good, it's just that it was gated off behind side content. Which no GTA-style game ever really does.

Anyway the dates for PAX East got announced and I wanna go. Good Idea-Bad Idea? I've always wanted to go to a big gaming convention.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

I liked it! It has pretty solid shooter gameplay that is chunky and has a lot of punch and I don't mind the repetitive nature of the territory missions.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CJacobs posted:

I pre-emptively quoted this post and went to look at the comments so I could come back and say "oh it's not that bad it's just a few bad eggs" but yeesh some fuckin people man

"Why do people hate us just because we want to kill them all waaah it's not fair"

Or they think only white people play videogames, and anyone supporting Nazi-killing is a race traitor.

Either way, they're so dumb that by their own philosophy they should be sterilized and/or gassed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The wolfenstein 2 hype will turn to sour goon griping when it has more stealth sections in it like the first but i'll be like :getout:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Real hurthling! posted:

The wolfenstein 2 hype will turn to sour goon griping when it has more stealth sections in it like the first but i'll be like :getout:

I don't remember a lot of stealth sections in the first one?

And honestly the big shoot out parts where you just fought waves of enemies weren't even close to the strongest parts of the game. Like to me probably the weakest part of the game is the bridge section. The less actiony parts of Wolfenstein were REALLY REALLY good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wolfenstein: the new order is a really cool game with good writing but your fun with the more crazy actiony stuff depends very largely on how low a difficulty you're playing on cause they get kind of lovely on the harder difficulties, the stealth has less potential to dive immediately into everything gunning you down from everywhere

which is kind of funny considering i loving hated return to castle wolfenstein's stealth and had way more fun with that one whenever it just let me blast stuff

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Also I think none of the stealth sections were instant fail if you got caught. It just meant you had to now go loud and kill every loving Nazi you found till you got to the officer.

Lol, take it from me Shinji. Getting laid ASAP is not going to solve your problems. Someone said there is an english version of this game. Is it a ROM hack or is it part of the game?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 21, 2017

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

wolfenstein: the new order is a really cool game with good writing but your fun with the more crazy actiony stuff depends very largely on how low a difficulty you're playing on cause they get kind of lovely on the harder difficulties, the stealth has less potential to dive immediately into everything gunning you down from everywhere

which is kind of funny considering i loving hated return to castle wolfenstein's stealth and had way more fun with that one whenever it just let me blast stuff

My biggest gripe is that all the late game enemies are these fully armored goons that don't flinch when hit. It was seriously like playing Return all over again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Also I think none of the stealth sections were instant fail if you got caught. It just meant you had to now go loud and kill every loving Nazi you found till you got to the officer.

Lol, take it from me Shinji. Getting laid ASAP is not going to solve your problems. Someone said there is an english version of this game. Is it a ROM hack or is it part of the game?

It's an official part of the game. You just need to buy the Asian-English version (https://www.amazon.com/Super-Robot-Wars-English-PlayStation-4/dp/B06WWPG3QG or similar) and it'll be in complete coherent English, no patching or such required.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

It's an Asian English version of the game. So it's basically localized into english but they only got the rights to release the game in Asian markets. All it really means is that you have to import a physical copy or use either a Hong Kong or Singaporean PSN account to download it, which you have to do anyway for dlc. Though if you have your console set as the primary console for your Asian account, you can still play it on your main PSN account.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Overconfidence is my worst enemy in Bloodborne. I could've beaten Amelia with few tries, but every time I got her under half HP I began ignoring cues or trying to do the charged attack. It kinda gets me miffed that I lose my composure so easily.

Changing my axe to one-handed also seemed to have helped but I believe that was more of a placebo.

(Also, she healed once and that's cheating, not counting that try)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Beat Cop is super good

this is a drat incredible Humble Bundle.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Witness is available on iOS now.

I wanted to see if he's still using the same exact description he used for Braid ten years ago and...

quote:

You wake up, alone, on a strange island full of puzzles that will challenge and surprise you.

You don't remember who you are, and you don't remember how you got here, but there's one thing you can do: explore the island in hope of discovering clues, regaining your memory, and somehow finding your way home.

The Witness is a single-player game in an open world with dozens of locations to explore and over 500 puzzles. This game respects you as an intelligent player and it treats your time as precious. There's no filler; each of those puzzles brings its own new idea into the mix. So, this is a game full of ideas.

:thunk:

Mmmm...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just fired up Echo, the sci-fi stealth game from some ex-Hitman people for about an hour, and man, does that game have a rather long but very cool intro. The mechanics are very weird to navigate but it feels incredibly fresh.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kirby got what you need dog *opens mouth widely to show off kirby's wide selection of drugs*

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The Witness is available on iOS now.

I wanted to see if he's still using the same exact description he used for Braid ten years ago and...

:thunk:

Mmmm...

Man that's almost false advertising

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've been playing Tyranny and really enjoying it. It's fun to be the bad guy and the companions are also pretty fun.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

I like their horsey sauce and french dips and cheddar beefs

e: and curly fries yeah

horseradish is a massively underrated condiment

Macaluso posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkrwUzWeACg

I'm pretty hyped to kill some nazis and become a frog on the same day

This looks like zany good times. A good direction for Wolfenstein franchise.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Crossposting from the gamemaking thread because some people were interested when I posted about it before: I decided it would be fun to document the development of my shotgun knight game from start to finish, so I made a twitter and youtube channel for the game. You can check it out and follow them here if you're so inclined:

https://twitter.com/ShotgunKnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jin9u4Dqfr0

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Awww. I just found out that Nutmeg, the world's oldest cat, died from heart failure a week ago. At least he lived a long life (32 years) and shouldn't be suffering anymore.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
q

trees too sparse? dense enough? i can't tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Awww. I just found out that Nutmeg, the world's oldest cat, died from heart failure a week ago. At least he lived a long life (32 years) and shouldn't be suffering anymore.

man that cat looks loving rough, looks like nick nolte's mugshot

• Locked thread