Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I'm stunned that the patronizing term "arzying" did not become extinct last November.

Arzy deserves to be patronized until the end of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Hello Senator Doctor Bill

Caros
May 14, 2008

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I was going to post this. You suck. :(

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Care, get me (Senator Health).

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
In their desperation Trump supporters are now claiming Matt Furie himself plagiarized Pepe from another cartoon frog, and their reasoning is that they're both cartoon frogs:

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
It's like he has the direct inverse of perfect pitch for grammar. Anything that could potentially be English gets mangled into a meaningless poo poo sandwich. I know it's Twitter but loving hell at least let one of the interns suggest something coherent.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/AP/status/910654815931334658

edit: gently caress

quote:

NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the United States and Iran (all times local):

8:35 p.m.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says Iran is in “technical compliance” with the 2015 nuclear deal but it’s failing to live up to the expectation that the deal would remove a “serious threat” to the region.

Tillerson says President Donald Trump has decided whether to withdraw from the deal, but hasn’t shared his decision with anyone “externally.”

The secretary says British Prime Minister Theresa May asked Trump to share his decision with her “and he said no.”

Tillerson is speaking after meeting with the parties to the deal, including Iran. He says no one disagreed that Iran is technically complying but it’s a political discussion now about whether to remain in the deal.

He says his first meeting with the Iranians was “very matter of fact.”

:frogsiren:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I love feel good moments like this.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Caros posted:

I was going to post this. You suck. :(

Me too. :(

Just another day in Trump's America. :smith:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

In their desperation Trump supporters are now claiming Matt Furie himself plagiarized Pepe from another cartoon frog, and their reasoning is that they're both cartoon frogs:

They're really all that smug kid from high-school English class who thought he was so smart for faking his way through without doing the reading, aren't they?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oh dear.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So what happens of Trump withdraws from the Iran deal? It is a multinational agreement, so do the Europeans tell Trump to gently caress off or what?

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Mr Interweb posted:

I love feel good moment like this

Chaser

https://twitter.com/sassygayrepub/status/910677447326154753

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wow now I’m remembering being in high school in the late 90s.

Dare me to drive?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

That's very clear typing for 22 shots of vodka, there's even capitalization. He could put at least a little thought into this.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So what happens of Trump withdraws from the Iran deal? It is a multinational agreement, so do the Europeans tell Trump to gently caress off or what?

I think it means Iran is no longer bound by the agreement and they can restart their nuclear program if they wish.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Most of the sanctions, capital restrictions, and travel limits that were lifted were originally imposed by the U.S.

There wouldn't be any reason for Iran to not just go back to what they were doing before.

Iran probably won't build an actual bomb, but under their old program they could have the ability to create highly enriched uranium and have a bomb in about 2 months. Under the deal, they scaled back to a point where it would take about 5 years to make a bomb and they had to undergo regular inspections.

They liked the idea that they could have a bomb very quickly, if they wanted, as a way to deter US intervention and hopefully encourage the US to keep the Saudis in check.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 21, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

drat that was fast. He did not take long to spiral into self-destruction.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/sassygayrepub/status/910677447326154753

:pray:

Woops, beaten

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Bullshit.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

That Sassy Gay Republican situation reminds me of something similar that happened a few years ago with an editor for RedState.com. Like every right-winger, he railed against Obamacare and the idea of UHC entirely. Of course, at some point he gets incredibly sick (a liver issue, I believe) and wouldn't you know it? He didn't have health insurance! :monocle: So of course he goes on to beg people to spend money to help pay for his treatment, which he eventually got, and in case you're wondering, no he didn't pay back the people who helped him (which, btw, included a large number of libtards because they're libtards).

Did he learn anything from this experience? Not really. He did decide to shut up about health related policy (for the most part), but is still solidly Republican, sadly.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

business hammocks posted:

They're really all that smug kid from high-school English class who thought he was so smart for faking his way through without doing the reading, aren't they?

More like they have been getting away with arguments in bad faith for so long that they are unable to respond in any other way.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Mr Interweb posted:

That Sassy Gay Republican situation reminds me of something similar that happened a few years ago with an editor for RedState.com. Like every right-winger, he railed against Obamacare and the idea of UHC entirely. Of course, at some point he gets incredibly sick (a liver issue, I believe) and wouldn't you know it? He didn't have health insurance! :monocle: So of course he goes on to beg people to spend money to help pay for his treatment, which he eventually got, and in case you're wondering, no he didn't pay back the people who helped him (which, btw, included a large number of libtards because they're libtards).

Did he learn anything from this experience? Not really. He did decide to shut up about health related policy (for the most part), but is still solidly Republican, sadly.

Looks like he was right to stay a Republican. It proved the Republican theory that people won't learn their lessons if you bail them out before they crash.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so he will gently caress over a ton of people out of petty spite. yeah iran sucks but i feel like if they are opened up, they have a future for reform someday.

There Bias Two posted:

drat that was fast. He did not take long to spiral into self-destruction.

most of those assholes are like that. he has probably been on the edge for a long loving time living a lie for money from dumb assholes who will turn on him for fun. now he is hosed financially, and he is looking for an exist. or at least pity. thats alot of the conservative sphere as well. everything if gently caress you got mine, until it happens to them or family. personaly i hope he sticks a gun in his mouth.

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?

deleted, anyone got a screenshot?

EDIT: I saw it, just want it preserved for posterity

donoteat fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 21, 2017

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

donoteat posted:

He said he drank 22 shots of vodka and didn't want to live anymore. With perfect spelling and punctuation.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

donoteat posted:

He was apparently a very articulate drunk. Maybe he actually knows this thread is mocking him.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/20/us/politics/manafort-kurdish-referendum.html?_r=0&referer=

Manafort...accidentally good...?

quote:

Paul J. Manafort, the former campaign chairman for President Trump who is at the center of investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election, is working for allies of the leader of Iraq’s Kurdish region to help administer and promote a referendum on Kurdish independence from Iraq.

mynnna fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 21, 2017

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I can believe Graham really cares about people's healthcare. Namely, how much in tax cuts it costs him and his donors.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Wasn't flynn also involved in that?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

gently caress him and his stupid loving reality show "unveiling" of bullshit. God drat it I hate this loving worthless sack of poo poo P(isstape)OTUS.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/jimmykimmel/status/910681586932183041

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

donoteat posted:

https://m.imgur.com/a/vw8Na
From my phone, can't get the thing to copy the share link

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

donoteat posted:

EDIT: I saw it, just want it preserved for posterity

"22 shots of vodka. Why won't it take my life already? So tired of being alive. This world is too cruel. Not worth it."

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Boon posted:

enraged_camel will pleased by this as it finally lives up to its billing

Putting people on ignore and then taking cheap potshots at them is your thing, huh?

Also, just so we set the record straight:

enraged_camel posted:

That said, my heart really does go out to those who don't have the means to simply pack and move inland (or better yet, to other states), such as the poor and the homeless and people living in the Caribbean island countries. I don't actually wish for natural disasters because such people tend to get affected the most. Your average Floridan can get hosed, though.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Get into a twitter war with Jimmy Kimmel oh please, oh please, oh pleasus christ he's gonna shred the Iran nuclear deal.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

He said he drank 22 shots of vodka and didn't want to live anymore. With perfect spelling and punctuation.

lmao, 22 shots? Does this guy even know how to believably lie about drinking too much?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Here's some really depressing stories about how people in the media were telling other journalists to not print accurate stories about Republican tax policy after 9/11 because it would "hurt the national mood of unity and sense of purpose" that the nation had just gained.

quote:

Republicans in Congress also saw opportunity for legislative gain from the start. Within less than two days Congressional staffers were circulating memos about GOP efforts to exploit the atrocity to ram through a cut in capital gains taxes that had previously been voted down. The cuts, now marketed as necessary to help the companies in the World Trade Center recover, passed.

The thing was, people just didn’t want to hear about this reality. When I wrote a column relaying what was happening in Congress, I was flooded with angry mail from readers – readers angry not at Republicans for exploiting the event, but at me for reporting it. “How can I tell that to my young son?” wrote one furious correspondent.

Why didn’t 9/11 change anything? Partly because unlike Pearl Harbor, terrorism wasn’t and isn’t an existential threat. Yes, it’s scary; but you had to be an idiot to think that there was any risk of an Islamic takeover of the West. This meant that domestic political villains felt free both to continue their villainy and to treat terror just as another thing to exploit.

quote:

Editors were tasked with removing negative sounding descriptors, such as "not normal process," "lowered threshold," and "expedited," from articles describing the legislative process known as reconciliation that was being used to pass a reduction in the capital gains tax rate. The editors were concerned that implying that legislators were doing anything unseemly or anti-democratic after 9/11 could hurt the national mood of unity. Instead, they decided to refocus the articles away from the legislative process and budgetary impacts and onto the benefits that would be accrued by companies that had offices in the World Trade Center buildings.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

[quote="“mynnna”" post="“476602475”"]
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/20/us/politics/manafort-kurdish-referendum.html?_r=0&referer=

Manafort...accidentally good...?
[/quote]

Doesn't this primarily piss off Turkey, which has been taking a rather strong roll in trying to get Russia's buddy Assad out of Syria in between bombing the Kurds?

I'm woefully out of date on current goings on and who backs who in the region though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Goffer posted:

https://m.imgur.com/a/vw8Na
From my phone, can't get the thing to copy the share link

:hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jaxyon posted:

Wasn't flynn also involved in that?

Flynn, if I remember correctly, was involved with the Turkish government. So the exact opposite of that.

• Locked thread