Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nope. I'm not letting this go unrewarded. This was funny Hoodwinker and you are cool in my book.
Thanks man I was super proud of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I'm having a horse themed wedding, what kind of bread should I serve?

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

I don't know but I was googling horse breeds to come up with a witty response and found the humble Heck horse and I couldn't not bring that to the thread's attention.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FrozenVent posted:

Horsebread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

Huh:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsebread

edit:
drat it!

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
Bought a breadmaker for my partner for 8 bucks from a Habitat for Humanity restore.

He had two weeks of vacation. If I didn't get him a temporary hobby, I was going to go nuts with him lying around the house.

Been used maybe...twice...in the 5 years since his vacation. Still a great purchase.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Moneyball posted:

Please. Just talk about bread.

Wait, is that permission to talk about how much dough we make?

Because if I made 16,666 loaves of it, I'd almost be rich.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Not a Children posted:

If they really felt bad about the wealth they'd give it away. Instead they just feel bad about being judged for not sharing, which I guess is resolved by hiding how much you're not sharing

Mini-BWM: I accidentally left my extra bread in the pantry instead of putting it in the freezer, and I had to throw it out because of mold :(

Meh, I don't know about that. I mean most goons would rather nobody know if they suddenly fell into $50 million in wealth. If you were that rich would you want everybody to know about it?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
A Lyft driver told me last week that he knows a Jordanian guy who's an heir to a ton of money. His dad used to be the top ranking security guy in the king's administration. When he came to the US he got turned around and sent back to Jordan because he had a briefcase with $1M USD in it.

Guy lives in the US now, has never held a job, and the driver says he spends all day smoking, pulling lotto pull tabs, and watching TV. What an uninteresting way to squander a fortune

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Panfilo posted:

Meh, I don't know about that. I mean most goons would rather nobody know if they suddenly fell into $50 million in wealth. If you were that rich would you want everybody to know about it?
I know literally dozens of people who would break down crying at a windfall of (just?) a few thousand dollars. I would make everyone I even tangentially know so happy. Everyone on my twitter feed, every struggling artist or designer in however many threads i could find on this dead gay forum, everyone gets some money. Every youtube channel and twitch stream I have ever watched. Every author of every book I've read. All THAT wouldn't add up to more than a few million. Then more for people i personally know. The bulk into a foundation and trust.

I'm sure that there are entire companies dedicated to hunting and hounding lottery winners and others who get a windfall and of course I'd do my best to avoid it but word would eventually get around. Unless I wanted to sit on the money like some greedy rear end in a top hat dragon there's nothing to be done about that. I would help who I feel like, causes and people i care about, and anyone who comes repeatedly knocking can piss off.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Bhodi posted:

and anyone who comes repeatedly knocking can piss off.

lmao yeah this is gonna be literally everybody you know, including all the peasant you deem worthy of tossing a couple nickels at, and they'll all resent you for not giving them more. this is what happens every single time. it's extremely well documented.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
The hosed up part is she's whining about how rich she is and can't even afford a private chef to make bread for her. Shame.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I mean you're just gonna eat 6 dollar bread all by itself?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

dougdrums posted:

I mean you're just gonna eat 6 dollar bread all by itself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bhodi posted:

I know literally dozens of people who would break down crying at a windfall of (just?) a few thousand dollars. I would make everyone I even tangentially know so happy. Everyone on my twitter feed, every struggling artist or designer in however many threads i could find on this dead gay forum, everyone gets some money. Every youtube channel and twitch stream I have ever watched. Every author of every book I've read. All THAT wouldn't add up to more than a few million. Then more for people i personally know. The bulk into a foundation and trust.

I'm sure that there are entire companies dedicated to hunting and hounding lottery winners and others who get a windfall and of course I'd do my best to avoid it but word would eventually get around. Unless I wanted to sit on the money like some greedy rear end in a top hat dragon there's nothing to be done about that. I would help who I feel like, causes and people i care about, and anyone who comes repeatedly knocking can piss off.

This is really easy to say and there have been several powerball winners that have said the same thing, but the reality is that it gets out of hand fast. Everybody you help is going to have a neighbor, a relative, a friend who is just as needy and it will get out of hand quickly. Jack Whittaker bought a waitress he knew a house and it ended up being a total nightmare for her.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only correct choice if you win the lottery is to keep $1500 for yourself and give the rest back to the state so they can use it responsibly toward the budget.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Panfilo posted:

This is really easy to say and there have been several powerball winners that have said the same thing, but the reality is that it gets out of hand fast. Everybody you help is going to have a neighbor, a relative, a friend who is just as needy and it will get out of hand quickly. Jack Whittaker bought a waitress he knew a house and it ended up being a total nightmare for her.

The trick is to give it to a trust controlled by a third party and hide any connections to you, and have them do applications/distribution/etc. Unless the point is to be seen doing good, which is certainly fine, but wouldn't work that way.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Subjunctive posted:

The trick is to give it to a trust controlled by a third party and hide any connections to you, and have them do applications/distribution/etc. Unless the point is to be seen doing good, which is certainly fine, but wouldn't work that way.

But that was my original point- even well-meaning people would probably want to be discreet about how wealthy they really are, almost like an extension of avoiding leaving valuables in pain sight in your parked car.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't you still have to claim it in person so the Lotto can run your face everywhere? You're still gonna get hounded even if you do create a trust with 100% of the funds.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I've heard it depends on the state.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

Don't you still have to claim it in person so the Lotto can run your face everywhere? You're still gonna get hounded even if you do create a trust with 100% of the funds.

Depends on where you live, and it depends whether your lottery is Powerball or IPO options.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Zo posted:

lmao yeah this is gonna be literally everybody you know, including all the peasant you deem worthy of tossing a couple nickels at, and they'll all resent you for not giving them more. this is what happens every single time. it's extremely well documented.

This seems quite appropriate to put here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/24vo34/whats_the_happiest_5word_sentence_you_could_hear/chb38xf/

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I've heard it depends on the state.

North Dakota allows claiming via a trust, but the flip side to public claiming is that the gambling commission would otherwise be able to rig it towards favored parties if it wasn't public, so I feel like lottery winners should be public.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It would be fine for an outside audit firm to verify that the winner was arm's length, I think.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Wait, is that permission to talk about how much dough we make?

Because if I made 16,666 loaves of it, I'd almost be rich.

New topic for discussion: What would you all do if you won 16,666 loaves of bread?

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Moneyball posted:

New topic for discussion: What would you all do if you won 16,666 loaves of bread?

Probably make a local food bank really annoyed.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Moneyball posted:

Assuming I don't get the loaves like right away, I would run a kickstarter like that potato salad guy to get ingredients for a bunch of sandwiches and then I would hold a big picnic in one of Chicago's major parks with free sandwiches.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Moneyball posted:

Invest it into a high-yield wheat fund.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Moneyball posted:

Learn slight of hand & get my hands on 16,666 fishes so I can pretend I'm the second coming of jesus.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Does anyone know if the Breadero makes horsebread?

I was thinking of making some tequila-lime horsebread since I got this BWM-approved lime juicer for only $18 on Amazon.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

How's bitcoin doing today?

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

How's breadcoin doing today?

Slate Slabrock
Sep 12, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hoodwinker posted:

What if, get this, what if your bread maker was wifi-required to download the latest firmware updates for your sealed proprietary bread dough packets?

I call it, "Jui- Breadero."

But can it make tortillas from a pod?
https://youtu.be/stTzLmoStsU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I'm enjoying that Attack if the 50 foot Block chain book someone linked earlier. I think it could definitely use some editing, and the Kindle edition has some funky formatting, but it's a good read. I always knew Bitcoin was full of poo poo but this helps me be specific about it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I bought Ethereum today for work (don't ask) and I feel like an idiot already.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Moneyball posted:

Myself, I would solve the Syrian bread crisis.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Lowness 72 posted:

I'm enjoying that Attack if the 50 foot Block chain book someone linked earlier. I think it could definitely use some editing, and the Kindle edition has some funky formatting, but it's a good read. I always knew Bitcoin was full of poo poo but this helps me be specific about it.
Thanks for reminding me to buy this.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Moneyball posted:

I know the other stuff is more bad with money but hot drat this one is mean. It's supposed to be the other way around. Give your kids the better one and eat the cheap stuff yourself.

To play devil's advocate, sometimes your kids actively demand the garbage and get upset if you try to give them something good (or just don't eat more than two bites before being "done").

However, hiding the good stuff from them unless it's a kind of food you don't want them to have at all (soda, etc) is horribly indicative...

Lowness 72 posted:

Same, it's an interesting read.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The rule with kids is that if you don't get anything for them because they say they aren't hungry, they'll eat all of your meal.
And also if you order them their own meal at a restaurant they'll only want to eat 3 bites of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073NF2Z9G