Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I don't think I've ever made a tank grumpy by loving up and getting them killed because i had to do just one more gravity. Most of them laugh it off or tell me to do it some more.

Game is pretty chill is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Reiterpallasch posted:

let he who hasn't gotten a tank killed by casting "just one more" holy cast the first stone

If the tank died you probably need to cast something other than Stone :v:

E: I probably should have parsed that comment better but whatevs.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 20, 2017

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

100% of my wipes since stormblood were due to holy.

SORRY FOR WIPE TOO MUCH HOLY diffuses most grumpy groupmates.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
there's still two seconds left on thin air, it's practically throwing mp out the window not to cast my most expensive spell

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The fix is clearly to make Holy into an extra Assize you can spam which heals the players caught in its blast radius for roughly similar amounts to damage dealt. (MP cost should go down and it should just refund its cost)

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The fix is clearly to make Holy into an extra Assize you can spam which heals the players caught in its blast radius for roughly similar amounts to damage dealt. (MP cost should go down and it should just refund its cost)

Also it should buff all the DPS with a 100% dmg increase and give the WHM cracked clusters (3 of them) every time it's cast

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No, I disagree partially.
If the DPS do more damage, it means that the enemies die quicker so I get to Holy less. If anyhing, Holy should do more damage so that it does the appropriate amount of damage that it should do so more % of the groups DPS comes from the WHM as intended.

Other players having fun isn't something that should be in this game.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Make WHM the first all purpose role that is a Tank Healer and Dps all in one

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I was up in the middle of the night and managed to create a new character on Excalibur. I had no idea how long I had before it was locked again so I entered the first name that came to mind: Tali Whacker.

No turning back.

Lodestone posted:

Race/Clan/Gender
Hyur
Highlander / ♀

:thumbsup: Good choice!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OneDeadman posted:

Make WHM the first all purpose role that is a Tank Healer and Dps all in one

Red Mage already did this, sorry.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I transferred to Excalibur yesterday and it went through immediately

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

creatine posted:

Transfers always work as long as the target server isn't Congested. Right now the only two Congested servers in the data center are Gilgamesh and Balmung.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So how are the controller controls in this game? I made an alt the level on Excal with goons cause my main is almost BiS and I've gotten all my gatherers leveled and was thinking about giving the controller a go. Any weirdness I should be warned about?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No, I disagree partially.
If the DPS do more damage, it means that the enemies die quicker so I get to Holy less. If anyhing, Holy should do more damage so that it does the appropriate amount of damage that it should do so more % of the groups DPS comes from the WHM as intended.

Other players having fun isn't something that should be in this game.

Wow, this is a good idea.

But what if Holy did no damage, had a stun that ran into the next cast of Holy, and decreased all party DPS to 0%? That way you could cast 1000s of Holys per pull.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So how are the controller controls in this game? I made an alt the level on Excal with goons cause my main is almost BiS and I've gotten all my gatherers leveled and was thinking about giving the controller a go. Any weirdness I should be warned about?

I know a lot of people who use controller and they seem fine with it. I admit I don't know how they do it, it'd drive me nuts though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Best Holy experince was a Behemoth fate the other day. Watching a sprout WHM constantly holying into its side was adorable.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Controllers are completely fine. You'll want to enable extended cross hotbars and W cross hotbars to have enough buttons. I also (playing on a dualshock 4) remapped my buttons to swap L1 with L2 and R1 with R2; you'll be pressing the button for accessing a hotbar much more often than the button for switching hotbars and I find the 1s more comfortable than the 2s on a dualshock. I also remapped L3 from whatever it is by default to target of target.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I prefer controller to KB&M. There are some classes which are more awkward than others, but its plenty playable in this expansion.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif

creatine posted:

Took mine about an hour. Bastards.

I set up an alt and pissed about for an hour. It was a good opportunity for a refresher.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

furthermore, as a 99th percentile speedfarming elite healer,

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

DizzyBum posted:

:thumbsup: Good choice!

I didn't know about the character search but it's pretty cool! Now I know there are three other Tali Whackers out there...

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

How customizable is the HUD? When I'm healing in dungeons I find it really awkward to have my party in top left corner. Is it possible to just move them around ?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the HUD is extremely customizable, and moving the party list somewhere more convenient is basically the first thing ever healer main does

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Reiterpallasch posted:

the HUD is extremely customizable, and moving the party list somewhere more convenient is basically the first thing ever healer main does

Nuuuuuu, Reiterpallasch, what happened to sleepy Raichu av? =(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Nuuuuuu, Reiterpallasch, what happened to sleepy Raichu av? =(

sent to riker's island.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cheetah7071 posted:

Controllers are completely fine. You'll want to enable extended cross hotbars and W cross hotbars to have enough buttons. I also (playing on a dualshock 4) remapped my buttons to swap L1 with L2 and R1 with R2; you'll be pressing the button for accessing a hotbar much more often than the button for switching hotbars and I find the 1s more comfortable than the 2s on a dualshock. I also remapped L3 from whatever it is by default to target of target.

I don't even think you need WXHB anymore, except for maybe SMN depending on how you want to do your pet abilities. Every other class I've managed to fit everything onto CHB1/2.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

Reiterpallasch posted:

furthermore, as a 99th percentile speedfarming elite healer,

I love this. I want to do this to one of my tanks.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Are people getting sent to Rikers' Island again?

WXHB is probably not necessary except maybe on PLD and SMN, I just use the extended controls and shuffle things around to fit well. Main stuff on hotbar 1, less often used or out-of-combat stuff on 2, oh-poo poo buttons or often-used secondary mechanics (like AST cards or NIN Mudras) on L+R.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't even think you need WXHB anymore, except for maybe SMN depending on how you want to do your pet abilities. Every other class I've managed to fit everything onto CHB1/2.

I personally prefer WXHBs over the expanded ones. On dragoon, my main hotbar has the oGCDs I use on CD plus about half my GCDs. Then my single expanded hotbar (which both L+R and R+L point to) has the other half my my GCDs. My WXHBs have situational cooldowns like second wind and true north. The only weirdness with this setup is my AoE moves are in the WXHB and elusive jump has to move to the expanded CHB but I put every GCD on a face button instead of the D-pad and I don't have to worry about the difference between R+L and L+R

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm a big fan of WXHBs because you can set them up to be always on which kinda alleviates the need to set up extra hotbars to track cooldowns. Might not be totally necessary anymore but it gives you a little more freedom to organize your poo poo and spread stuff out rather than cramming everything into one crossbar. I have a very particular way my bars are organized though and people call me crazy for it

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Is there a good encounter guide for Stormblood out there? I just kind of fumbled through Lakshmi mostly trying to not die and probably did horrendous damage and I kind of want to actually be useful.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bolow posted:

Is there a good encounter guide for Stormblood out there? I just kind of fumbled through Lakshmi mostly trying to not die and probably did horrendous damage and I kind of want to actually be useful.
Your best bet as far as guides go is watching mizzeteq's videos, all the other video and written guides tend to vary from overly long and unclear to just straight up wrong. https://www.youtube.com/user/MTQcapture

If you're talking normal difficulty though I wouldn't worry too much about it. Story Lakshmi you can just leave vril up the whole time, grab the orbs, and you'll be fine. Not that her EX is much harder

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

homeless snail posted:

Your best bet as far as guides go is watching mizzeteq's videos, all the other video and written guides tend to vary from overly long and unclear to just straight up wrong. https://www.youtube.com/user/MTQcapture

If you're talking normal difficulty though I wouldn't worry too much about it. Story Lakshmi you can just leave vril up the whole time, grab the orbs, and you'll be fine. Not that her EX is much harder

My favorite part of that fight continues to be how everybody yells out a different, completely-wrong name for the thing.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

My favorite part of that fight continues to be how everybody yells out a different, completely-wrong name for the thing.

Chimichanga is the ability's name.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Chimichanga is the ability's name.

It's Chinchilla!!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It's _La Chancla_!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Chimichurri :colbert:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Head Cha La!

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
it's La Chancla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMij9AKLvog&t=8s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Can't say I'm a fan of the Genji Bows appearance, but hey, I finally got another bard drop since my earring from my groups week 1 clear of Alte Roite. :sigh: