Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There's something about subSEEquently that bugs the poo poo out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Snowy posted:

There's something about subSEEquently that bugs the poo poo out of me.

You should tweet Dave and explain he's pronouncing it wrong.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Not Operator posted:

You should tweet Dave and explain he's pronouncing it wrong.

I did that with calvary about a year ago

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

inthesto posted:

One episode that I don't think gets enough love is Phantom of the Open. It's a nice, lighthearted story about a man who's just delusional enough to never give up, but never smart enough to actually take any lessons. He's the guy you love because you know he'll never succeed.

Way, way up on my list. The idea of that guy getting into the Open because he submitted as a Pro just so he didn't have to provide a handicap, and nobody thought to check anything about that...just fantastic. Plus it has the legit/rare happy ending for a Dollop.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Way, way up on my list. The idea of that guy getting into the Open because he submitted as a Pro just so he didn't have to provide a handicap, and nobody thought to check anything about that...just fantastic. Plus it has the legit/rare happy ending for a Dollop.

It's one of my favourite episodes. Listened to it with my partner on a flight back from a nice holiday and it was so great to have a Dollop with a happy ending.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
New one out. Skip the first 10min (unless wanting tour info or other banter)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fo3 posted:

New one out. Skip the first 10min (unless wanting tour info or other banter)
The nice thing about the live ones is that it's a lot easier to skip to where the actual episode starts.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i actually like the ads on the dollop but sometimes i wonder how they still get people coming back for another ad deal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AriadneThread posted:

i actually like the ads on the dollop but sometimes i wonder how they still get people coming back for another ad deal

The fancy underpants people have ads on Cum Town. I don't think the Dollop is going to have a problem.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

has the Dollop done Colonel Sanders yet? his life was fuckin wild

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Unexpected crossover time: The last reading in the first F Plus Live 6 reading video? Fuckin Osho Rajneesh.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The problem with the "about" is not that it's a preposition, it's that it's redundant. :argh:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

AriadneThread posted:

Ads for podcasters aren't like TV deals. You basically log into a website with some ad broker you contracted with, choose one of the campaigns, download the suggested copy, and read it on the show. The company doesn't even know you're doing it beyond a line item on a report somewhere. Unless there's complaints, they don't give a poo poo how you read the ad.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I just found this podcast through this thread...this podcast is amazing!

Edit: The documentary Tickled was insane. Does anyone know when the episode was recorded in relation to the documentary being filmed?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 18, 2017

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
This thread recommended Last Podcast On the Left as a deeply dark version of the The Dollop many many pages back, and I finally took the recommendation - fun trip, but probably not for everyone. Any other favourite Dollopalikes? Learning combined with funny is most of what I'm looking for.

The Dollop remains first in my heart.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Piquai Souban posted:

This thread recommended Last Podcast On the Left as a deeply dark version of the The Dollop many many pages back, and I finally took the recommendation - fun trip, but probably not for everyone. Any other favourite Dollopalikes? Learning combined with funny is most of what I'm looking for.

Stuff You Missed in History Class is The Dollop but by two women and not funny. It's just two historians talking about all sorts of stuff throughout all history, almost always less than an hour.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Dave is throwing a tantrum about Irish listeners complaining about Irish accents and he says they will no longer do any Irish stories.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sure sounds like dave

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dave is throwing a tantrum????????

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

tnimark posted:

Dave is throwing a tantrum about Irish listeners complaining about Irish accents and he says they will no longer do any Irish stories.

Just let Gareth take the heat, he's better at them anyway.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

tnimark posted:

I'm okay with this, nothing will beat Michael Malloy anyway.

iota subscript
Oct 26, 2010

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - ONE SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Alaois posted:

Dave is throwing a tantrum????????

Sweetie Pie Anthony????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

havalux posted:

Sweetie Pie Anthony????

he seems like such an amicable person, receptive of criticism!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Who the gently caress is complaining about that? I've never met an Irish person who wasn't chill as hell.

My favorite was the episode when Gary was doing an Irish accent for somebody and then found out he was Chinese, but he just continued with the Irish the whole way.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I bet it wasn't even a real Irish person.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Ain't I got a thirst

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

Who the gently caress is complaining about that? I've never met an Irish person who wasn't chill as hell.

My favorite was the episode when Gary was doing an Irish accent for somebody and then found out he was Chinese, but he just continued with the Irish the whole way.

quote:

Yeah, sorry about the Irish accents guys but, like Gareth said, enough complaints from the Irish and it’s not longer fun for us.

From the dollop twitter, https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/910608206497325056

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Grand Fromage posted:

My favorite was the Know-Nothings, a specifically anti-Irish group, getting Irish accents.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Piquai Souban posted:

I haven't actually listened to it but My Favorite Murder gets talked up a lot. The two hosts guested on the Dollop once (the Bat Boy live episode) and it's highly recommended by just about everyone.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
"Enough complaints from the Irish and it's not longer fun for us."

What the gently caress's that supposed to mean?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Gargamel Gibson posted:

"Enough complaints from the Irish and it's not longer fun for us."

What the gently caress's that supposed to mean?

It means that if people are legitimately being upset and hurt by your jokes (that are not intended to do so), then it's no longer fun to crack those jokes. This isn't exactly a difficult sentiment.

As for this week's episode, episodes about con (wo)men are always a delight. Gareth's bewilderment at bad lies and gullible people never gets old.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I'm not a huge fan of when bits go on too long and clog up the pace, and I feel like when accents are involved that's almost guaranteed to happen.

Specifically, there's one episode where Dave says "that means he has a Scottish accent" and then there's just a too long sequence where Gareth does his not-great accent with no real jokes.

Can't really speak to being offended by it, but I won't be too upset if they stop. Voices peaked with Michael Malloy anyway.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I've listened to a lot of episodes of the Dollop over the last 5 days:

Cliven Bundy
Purity Balls
Competitive Endurance Tickling (and then watched Tickled on HBO right after that)
The Dolphin
John Africa
LAPD Saga
Cassius Clay
Newport Sex Scandal
Lenny Dykstra
Fans of Philadelphia
Centralia, PA
Action Park!
The Iraq War
Story of Atari
Broderick Terry Duel
Philadelphia Mayor Frank Rizzo
Americas Worst Lottery Winner
Norco Shootout
Uber
Caning of Sumner

Are there any MUST LISTEN episodes that I haven't hit yet? Newport Sex Scandal was so hilarious, it's mind blowing that poo poo like that actually happened.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Cliven Bundy
Purity Balls
Competitive Endurance Tickling (and then watched Tickled on HBO right after that)
The Dolphin
John Africa
LAPD Saga
Cassius Clay
Newport Sex Scandal
Lenny Dykstra
Fans of Philadelphia
Centralia, PA
Action Park!
The Iraq War
Story of Atari
Broderick Terry Duel
Norco Shootout
Uber
Caning of Sumner

Are there any MUST LISTEN episodes that I haven't hit yet? Newport Sex Scandal was so hilarious, it's mind blowing that poo poo like that actually happened.

I don't see The Rube on that list.

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender

SalTheBard posted:

Cliven Bundy
Purity Balls
The Dolphin
John Africa
LAPD Saga
Cassius Clay
Newport Sex Scandal
Lenny Dykstra
Fans of Philadelphia
Centralia, PA
Action Park!
The Iraq War
Story of Atari
Broderick Terry Duel
Norco Shootout
Uber
Caning of Sumner

Jet Pack Madness

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

alsothere posted:

Jet Pack Madness

"Pretty Bird."

Favorites you haven't covered:

The Egg Nog Riot
The Car Known as "The Dale"
The Dark Secret of Swimming Pools (If you liked Newport Sex Scandal...yeah.)
More University and One Taste Incorporated

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

SalTheBard posted:

Cliven Bundy
Purity Balls
The Dolphin
John Africa
LAPD Saga
Cassius Clay
Newport Sex Scandal
Lenny Dykstra
Fans of Philadelphia
Centralia, PA
Action Park!
The Iraq War
Story of Atari
Broderick Terry Duel
Norco Shootout
Uber
Caning of Sumner

The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island

Serf
May 5, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Cliven Bundy
Purity Balls
The Dolphin
John Africa
LAPD Saga
Cassius Clay
Newport Sex Scandal
Lenny Dykstra
Fans of Philadelphia
Centralia, PA
Action Park!
The Iraq War
Story of Atari
Broderick Terry Duel
Norco Shootout
Uber
Caning of Sumner

214 Black Panther Fred Hampton

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

Otto in the attic, jetpack madness, disco demolition night, dominos pizza story, the two indigenous actors, and every single episode about baseball.

e: oh and The Modern Bushman.

Ceramics fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Seconding The Rube, Jet Pack Madness, and Animal Horror of Macquarie Island. All absolutely mindblowing and endlessly relistenable.