Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he talked about best matches, though not in those exact words. so, he probably also uses a combination of energy bottles as his power source, though perhaps not in the same format as build.

The pipes let off smoke, so I imagine it's front/back rather than left/right, but follows the same animal/machine formula and he has bat front, factory back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Diamond is not a machine!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm a lot more annoyed with Kyuranger, last week and this one felt like watching Ninninger all over again, with the only real difference being that Lucky's actor is far more charismatic than Takaharu's. At least next week is back to the good plot that I actually care about.

I don't agree that it's as bad as Ninninger. Sentai has been red-centric for a long time and Lucky has always played a role in supporting his other teammates so it wouldn't be surprising that when he's in trouble they're all going to talk about how they rely on him. This is a far cry from "Wow Takaharu is the best ever how will we ever be as good and awesome as him?" It does seem to be a shame that the powerup is going to be exclusive to him instead of being able to be shared around, but then again powerups that can be shared haven't happened very much since I started watching Sentai during Go-Onger (which didn't have a powerup form). The only ones I recall off the top of my head are Shinkenger and ToQger.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like how Misora presents another W parallel by kinda being the Phillip, except instead of the Akashic Records, her limitless font of information is lonely people on the Internet.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Twelve by Pies posted:

Diamond is not a machine!

neithe are comics, which will probably be one of the next 2 bottles

that should be an interesting one to see the smash for.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

[quote="Red Bones" post=""476553493"]Also I don't know if the bat man is powered by one bottle or two bottles or something else, but the big pipe sticking out of his head makes him look like a bat + microscope man and although he's probably not going to be that, I really want him to be.[/quote]

Ganbarizing already showed Night Rogue transforming, and he only uses the Bat FullBottle in the Transteam Gun, which calls his transformation a "Mistmatch". This likely applies to Blood Stark too, using the Cobra FullBottle.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't agree that it's as bad as Ninninger. Sentai has been red-centric for a long time and Lucky has always played a role in supporting his other teammates so it wouldn't be surprising that when he's in trouble they're all going to talk about how they rely on him. This is a far cry from "Wow Takaharu is the best ever how will we ever be as good and awesome as him?" It does seem to be a shame that the powerup is going to be exclusive to him instead of being able to be shared around, but then again powerups that can be shared haven't happened very much since I started watching Sentai during Go-Onger (which didn't have a powerup form). The only ones I recall off the top of my head are Shinkenger and ToQger.

It basically was exactly that though, even Tsurugi and his giant ego stepped back and said that Lucky was the best ever. And I would only mind Leo Red Orion slightly if it wasn't the third power-up in a row Lucky gets, while everyone else has a grand total of zero (beyond Ophiuchus Metal, and I don't expect it to stick after Naga turns back). Pegasus wasn't locked to him but no one else even tried to use it, and then Sun/Moon was completely locked to him but somewhat acceptable since its main use was powering up the rest anyways (not like it got a lot of use in that category, though...).

Also starting from Go-Onger, we have:
-Shinkenger: two power-ups (Super and Hyper) both usable by anyone though one at a time. Regardless, Super actually is used by everyone, at one point all at once.
-Goseiger: Hyper is usable by all the Goseigers except GoseiKnight at the same time.
-Gokaiger: Gold Mode is locked to Gai because late Gokaiger is the Gai Show. Marvelous does get to use it once in a non-canon thing though, and I think everyone could use it in a game.
-Go-Busters: the main three get Powered Custom which they can use at the same time.
-Kyoryuger: Carnival is locked to Daigo and has several extra forms, but at least it's still only one power-up.
-ToQger: Hyper can be used by everyone. Super is exclusive to Akira but also non-canon.
-Ninninger: Trascendent can be used by everyone, but it's a moot point because it's used by Takaharu a million times and everyone else with a penis once (zero times if you lack one because gently caress you, Takaharu time). Super is locked to Kinji but also kind of good anyways, and anything not in Takaharu's hands is better for it.
-Zyuohger: Eagle is locked to Yamato but it's weird as a power-up, it's kind of treated like just another Ranger form despite being way stronger at times. Still, another Red-only, and he gets an even better version for the finale.

And then we have Kyuranger which keeps piling up the neat stuff for Lucky. And hell, I didn't mind it because the series was genuinely very good at not being horribly Red-centric and I liked Lucky's team-pushing but the last two episodes felt way below-quality for the series and were little more than LUCKY IS THE BEST which only managed to, ironically enough, make me dislike a character I enjoyed before. That he's getting two more mecha in the near future while everyone else gets nothing does not help.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
We are overdue for a good team wide mid-series powerup. I’d be surprised if Kyuu doesn’t do this, actually, given that Saban apparently had some influence in development. How else are they going to promote Super Space Force?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Eh I still can't agree. If anything the Lucky situation is much more comparable to Daigo from Kyoryuger than Ninninger, especially considering it was explicitly stated multiple times that Daigo was the strongest and best of everybody, it's just he treated his teammates like teammates, unlike Takaharu. And Lucky has consistently done the same thing throughout the series, with the slight exception of "I'm going to go back in time by myself to save everyone." But even then it was partially because "I need you guys to stay here and try to help Naga."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So we've got a bat and a cobra. Can't wait for the spider.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Twelve by Pies posted:

Eh I still can't agree. If anything the Lucky situation is much more comparable to Daigo from Kyoryuger than Ninninger, especially considering it was explicitly stated multiple times that Daigo was the strongest and best of everybody, it's just he treated his teammates like teammates, unlike Takaharu.

People always say it, but I never got the sense Daigo took an unwarranted amount of spotlight. Maybe that's why? It was much better written than Ninninger, at any rate.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Daigo had a focus, but it never felt like it was at the expense of the other rangers, who all got plenty of time in the spotlight.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Waffleman_ posted:

Doesn't he transform with his gun, too?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I've seen speculation that Sento is actually Spider since the full bottles that are unpurified have a web-like design on them

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Has anybody heard anything about Ultraman: Another Genesis? I read what I could from wikis, but it looks like it just ends on a cliffhanger?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blaze Dragon posted:

-Zyuohger: Eagle is locked to Yamato but it's weird as a power-up, it's kind of treated like just another Ranger form despite being way stronger at times. Still, another Red-only, and he gets an even better version for the finale.

Eagle is his base form. I don;t know if you meant ether Gorilla or Whale

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xelkelvos posted:

I've seen speculation that Sento is actually Spider since the full bottles that are unpurified have a web-like design on them

This would make a lot of sense, and be kind of awesome. It would be a bit of a flip on the old kaijin trio trope that they keep referencing. I wonder if it's going to turn out that Sento is only so good and noble because he has amnesia, and he'll have to grapple with some serious poo poo when his supervillain memories come back?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also "wrap them up and then drain their blood energy" is a pretty Spider-y MO, when you think about it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I accept the already discussed issues raised regarding this week's Kyuranger, but the greater implications/concerns with the writing aside, that was a really loving cool episode!

The Saikou Kyutama, bulky silly looking thing that it is, has the greatest call-out. What's Up?!

Unlimited KyuWeapon Works, the Aizawa/Master Asia scarf-work, and the All The Lights In The Sky Are Kicking Your rear end finisher all made Orion's introduction fight cool as poo poo. I look forward to seeing how they split the team up or keep the power away from Lucky in order to explain how he doesn't just wreck everyone's poo poo immediately.

Champ continues to be a bro-bull, and Stinger's relationship with him is hecka cute. No idea how Shou is getting back, but it would've been cool if Champ did it on his own since he's a dang robot and pulled a Crono Trigger-Robo moment in the future.

Finally, I just noticed the full extent of the Okyu OK-plus-salute and gosh that is such a ridiculous but great gesture. Kyuranger may not be the deepest Sentai, but it is a pleasure to watch every week.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mateo360 posted:

Eagle is his base form. I don;t know if you meant ether Gorilla or Whale

Meant Whale, I guess I should proof-read more after a long day.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BOY STATUS:

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/910639752507940864

BACK IN TOWN

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh snap

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... so what exactly is this for?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

TFRazorsaw posted:

... so what exactly is this for?

Apparently it's just a cover for a magazine with an interview, and it's meant to promo the manga.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

amazing they talked him into that for such a minor thing, then

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Which one are you referring to?

Because Shotaro's actor is a big Kamen Rider Black fan.

That's why Joker is a giant Black reference

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Philip's actor, sorry.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Can't wait to hang that big poster of two beautiful boys on my wall.

Between that and the next issue of the manga (which should have the long-awaited henshin) I am so very happy with this reboot.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Can't wait to hang that big poster of two beautiful boys on my wall.

Between that and the next issue of the manga (which should have the long-awaited henshin) I am so very happy with this reboot.

Considering we thought that at the end of Chapter 1 and 3 and they didn't give us one in Chapters 2 and 4, at this point, I'm not convinced that Chapter 5 will see Double show up yet either.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
man this is like a retread of W's 1st two episodes only waaaay too drawn out

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

OZC posted:

Considering we thought that at the end of Chapter 1 and 3 and they didn't give us one in Chapters 2 and 4, at this point, I'm not convinced that Chapter 5 will see Double show up yet either.

Between the awesome cover and the double length chapter, I have very little doubt.

I mean, we saw Shotaro pulling the driver out of his coat at the end of chapter 4, he swore to protect the client dude, and they're literally facing off against the Dopant form of the enemy now. There's (almost) no way they can bloat the next chapter enough to not give us a Henshin at all. Heck, I'm fully expecting the Henshin and up to the finisher in all honesty. I believe in Riku Sanjo.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Between the awesome cover and the double length chapter, I have very little doubt.

I mean, we saw Shotaro pulling the driver out of his coat at the end of chapter 4, he swore to protect the client dude, and they're literally facing off against the Dopant form of the enemy now. There's (almost) no way they can bloat the next chapter enough to not give us a Henshin at all. Heck, I'm fully expecting the Henshin and up to the finisher in all honesty. I believe in Riku Sanjo.

that was the end of chap 3 chap4 is Shotaro throwing his driver down and saying he doesn't need phillip's help

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Elfgames posted:

that was the end of chap 3 chap4 is Shotaro throwing his driver down and saying he doesn't need phillip's help

gently caress me, it seems I missed a chapter. Well that does me a hecking concern.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Elfgames posted:

Another lovers' quarrel, huh?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Elfgames posted:

It is like a retread of the first episode.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/glazedwizard/status/910810107159748608

https://twitter.com/hwanmul/status/910766151734501377

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 21, 2017

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

A survey asked unmarried Japanese women which Kamen Rider actor they would want as their boyfriend.

The results were kind of surprising to me.

18% – Fukushi Sota (Kisaragi Gentarou, Kamen Rider Fourze)
17% – Suda Masaki (Phillip, Kamen Rider W)
14% – Takeru Sato (Ryotaro Nogami, Kamen Rider Den-O)
11% – Takeuchi Ryoma (Tomari Shinnosuke, Kamen Rider Drive) AND 11%- Hiro Mizushima (Souji Tendou, Kamen Rider Kabuto)
5% – Joe Odagiri (Yusuke Godai, Kamen Rider Kuuga)
4% – Jun Kaname (Makoto Hikawa/Kamen Rider G3, Kamen Rider Agito)
3% – Toshiki Kashu (Shouichi Tsugami, Kamen Rider Agito)

I, uh, can't say I was expecting Gentarou to be number one.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I could see that vote being mainly about the actor rather than character based on the top 3, but he's a nice guy who gets an actual job, which probably puts him above a good chunk of a lineup that includes wanderer, hobo, maybe-dead laundryman, cat detective, etc.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't forget somehow boring wizard and gang member.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I honestly don't know how Date isn't #1 with a bullet the man is gorgeous.

Hell Mr. Heart was a Kamen Rider for a hot minute, he's also #1 material.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the third episode Sento said the belt originally just transformed him into Build, and then he modified it to find Best Matches. Does that just mean that he gave it the goofy voice, or did Build originally only use one bottle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Maybe it just didn't use Best Match powers.