Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
last night I had a corrupted chimera past 3rd stage and was ready to invite goons... and my totem slayer-culled him :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

last night I had a corrupted chimera past 3rd stage and was ready to invite goons... and my totem slayer-culled him :negative:

that'll happen a lot

at least phase 3 izaro doesn't exist for you!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Fun fact for getting the corrupted rare version of a hard map done: You can annul away all the mods, and just corrupt the map bare, it'll still be rare.

Probably not worth it, but kinda funny that it works.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
When I do gauardians for the very first time in a new league it's always blue mods that don't buff the boss, then regal. Then you pray and Vaal it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Vasudus posted:

When I do gauardians for the very first time in a new league it's always blue mods that don't buff the boss, then regal. Then you pray and Vaal it.
And then it's always like this reddit guy:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

just needs boss damage and life instead of aoe and nemesis

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

pokchu posted:

that'll happen a lot

at least phase 3 izaro doesn't exist for you!

Tempting me to roll a Slayer here.

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have some nonsense knockback that causes an instant client desync and lands me dead center on a trap. I'm even wearing Kaom's Roots and he flings me randomly across the map.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

just needs boss damage and life instead of aoe and nemesis

Yah I didn't look too long for a picture. Still, this would give a decent run for money to quite a few builds doing first time guardian in the league.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Tempting me to roll a Slayer here.

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have some nonsense knockback that causes an instant client desync and lands me dead center on a trap. I'm even wearing Kaom's Roots and he flings me randomly across the map.

It's not a knockback or a desync, the big green circle teleports you directly to the trap corners. Move out of it before it goes off.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Vulpes posted:

It's not a knockback or a desync, the big green circle teleports you directly to the trap corners. Move out of it before it goes off.

Cripes, I feel like I would need to watch a youtube play-by-play to catch any of this stuff. In a game that has inherit weirdness from latency a forced player teleport seems like a bad idea. Especially one using a green circle in a fight where I have two green auras, blade flurry, green skeletons and green fireballs coming out of Izaro.

I've managed to not get murdered by it but it was always my least favorite trick in those fights.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Player auras used to be incredibly obnoxious. Think twice as complicated as most aura MTX. And every player ran like 8 auras before they changed them. Yeah.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I do not miss the days where every strong build required alpha howl so you could run even more auras at once.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I somehow rolled something like 2200% increased critical for monsters when I vaaled some red map and got one-shot by basically every mob there. it was real fun

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

Cripes, I feel like I would need to watch a youtube play-by-play to catch any of this stuff. In a game that has inherit weirdness from latency a forced player teleport seems like a bad idea. Especially one using a green circle in a fight where I have two green auras, blade flurry, green skeletons and green fireballs coming out of Izaro.

I've managed to not get murdered by it but it was always my least favorite trick in those fights.

izaro has a lot going on at once, but once you know what all of it is, he's surprisingly predictable and avoidable compared to a lot of bosses

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

NofrikinfuN posted:

forced player teleport

shroud walker ree

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The biggest weakness of Izaro is that he does not have a lot of health. Comparable to some of the later map bosses, really.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

The biggest weakness of Izaro is that he does not have a lot of health. Comparable to some of the later map bosses, really.

Uberlab is only a t8 zone.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

dis astranagant posted:

Uberlab is only a t8 zone.

Izaro is more of a boss than the map bosses though.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Player auras used to be incredibly obnoxious. Think twice as complicated as most aura MTX. And every player ran like 8 auras before they changed them. Yeah.

in a roundabout way we're almost back to those days

everyone is a wander
kaoms is OP
8 auras
corpse detonating the corpse of the boss

3/4

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Social Media posted:

please reinvite my dude KillIzaroGetMoney thank you

Ratios and Tendency posted:

My dude is _Tibre_ if there's room for an invite.

sent

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

3/4

Twin Alira boss detonated the other on top of me as soon as it died and instant killed me from 7k life, so that still happens.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Twin Alira boss detonated the other on top of me as soon as it died and instant killed me from 7k life, so that still happens.

It happens quite a lot actually, because beyond mobs do it too

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This is by far the most common cause of death on my wander. Last time I thought I had killed both already and went to kill teh zombie, only to find out that one of the alira's had slipped away behind the fire pit with like, 5% of her health left, just to snipe me with a DD at the right time.

Shaped spider forest is still fun though!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

in a roundabout way we're almost back to those days

everyone is a wander
kaoms is OP
8 auras

3/4

Windripper farming is a thing again

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

If windripper ele hit is a thing next league I'm publishing a guide for sure

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yah I didn't look too long for a picture. Still, this would give a decent run for money to quite a few builds doing first time guardian in the league.

First time hell, my starforge slayer would be superdead facing a Minotaur like that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I could do that on an ED Trickster/Occultist or my LLRF Guardian from last league, but that's probably it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Golemancer would laugh at that.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I did windripper farming last league, it was pretty good then. Started to do it this league too but then it turned into a wander :ssh:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Golemancer would laugh at that.

Probably only if you're elementalist, minotaur can do enough damage to kill golems eventually in my experience (when you know, he stacks up 3 or 4 rockfalls on top of each other and your golems are too dumb to move away from your corpse. Dumbasses)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this league is the first time i am doing guardians. did chimera mino and phoenix a few days ago and died like 3 times each and none felt great. found a nice ring upgrade and bought another slightly better one for my other slot and did chimera last night. only died once to his ring attack thing and everything felt a lot better. i think i am going to try to push to 92 for my last jewel and then try shaper for the first time :sweatdrop:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Please help diagnose why StinkyInPochinki is so squishy on red maps: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dalmuti/characters

I've got plenty of damage, but all of a sudden I've run into a brick wall getting one-shot all over the place.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dalmuti posted:

Please help diagnose why StinkyInPochinki is so squishy on red maps: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dalmuti/characters

I've got plenty of damage, but all of a sudden I've run into a brick wall getting one-shot all over the place.

Your life is kind of low, but not too bad. You really shouldn't be getting oneshot a lot unless you roll completely ridiculous map mods. I would suggest trying to get a bit of chaos res though.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Dalmuti posted:

you have bad/no life rolls on a lot of gear

e: you also have no life on your jewels

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

How to brick a starforge with style:

(from reddit)

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
i just upgraded all my jewels and am taking her for a test drive. i also realized i was rocking a bunch of axe things on jewels while rocking a mace.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheRat posted:

How to brick a starforge with style:

(from reddit)

Yeah good luck getting any links on that bad boy though!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm having trouble with Minotaur's AI. I'm fighting him as golemancer and can't come close to a deathless run. I need to stay far enough away from the fight that I can't see him to avoid AOE so I can't see when he dives. And sometimes he dives to the golems so it's really difficult to determine where safe ground is especially with rocks falling and the shock gates active.

I remember when I used to solo him as HOWA I could just get in his grill and face tank and he never dove. Is there a way to get this to happen with golems?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Vorici lvl8 sends his regards

nerox
May 20, 2001

McFrugal posted:

You can see 14 vaal orbs in the pic, he only needs like 1836 more to 6 link it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If you can afford to vaal orb 6link starforges you can probably afford to vorici a 6link too