Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Okay I need other people's opinions on this one.

Our league Taco has already checked out. He checked out after the draft. I've had to bug him twice in person to get him to put in the right players.

This trade just went down: he gives Jay Ajayi and he gets Robby Anderson and Nelson Agholor. I really want to veto this because I know he was talked into doing this trade. And I haven't even gotten league dues from either team. I typically don't give a poo poo when dumb trades go down, but this one makes me think.

The trade doesn't pass the "reasonable team manager" test. In that, no reasonable team manager would agree to this trade and would agree this creates an advantage that would not have previously existed. If you know he's not actively managing his team then you also know he's not making moves to benefit his team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Thanks guys, i accepted that trade, here's hoping CJ stays healthy this year. But i'm pretty excited to have Jordy, Odell, Mike Thomas, and Crabtree.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm almost willing to bet Tyreek outscores OBJ this year.

But CJ has been killing it for me sooo

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

OxySnake posted:

Weird I woke up to an offer of my Cousins for his Wentz.

I accepted only to find out it was so that I would have to change my name from the amazing Allen Diggs Gurley Cousins.

This is by far the best reason to make a trade. Also, would have kept Cousins because that name is baller.

Tyree posted:

Is something wrong with desean jackson? He was one of the drops during this weeks waiver pick ups. I would certainly pick him up and drop kizer, but I have the #1 waiver spot and I don't know if I want to use it here.

0PPR 12 man regular league, heres my team.

He's started slow, but I would rather have him than a backup QB.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

This was by FAR the most effective strategy I had this year in collecting money and making people pay their poo poo. Cause I've always had to chase people down AFTER the season.

League dues are due the day of the draft.

If you don't have it, you can still draft.

But your teams are LOCKED after the draft. No lineup changes, no waiver moves, no trades till I get that money.

Everybody was paid up in 24 hours :allears:

You're a softy. I require everyone pay up a week before the draft, no exceptions or extensions. Gives me a week to line up a replacement for the live draft day.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I have a weird one. I was offered David Johnson and Rishard Matthews for Tevin Coleman.

The league has no IR but six bench spots. I've had a hot 2-0 start, so I could possibly take the risk. My WRs are currently DThomas, Sanders, Tyrell Williams, Marvin Jones and Golladay. My RBs are currently Gordon, Hyde, Ingram, Jacquizz Rogers and TWest. I'd probably drop Jacquizz?

Does this seem worth it? Not sure I want to be part of a Megatron situation.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Sataere posted:

This is by far the best reason to make a trade. Also, would have kept Cousins because that name is baller.

I changed my name to Allen Diggs Gurley Wentz's (Wenchs) not as good but I had to think of something quick.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

DeepDickPizza posted:

I have a weird one. I was offered David Johnson and Rishard Matthews for Tevin Coleman.

The league has no IR but six bench spots. I've had a hot 2-0 start, so I could possibly take the risk. My WRs are currently DThomas, Sanders, Tyrell Williams, Marvin Jones and Golladay. My RBs are currently Gordon, Hyde, Ingram, Jacquizz Rogers and TWest. I'd probably drop Jacquizz?

Does this seem worth it? Not sure I want to be part of a Megatron situation.

No

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Need some thoughts on waivers. 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST and half PPR.

QB: Carr
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Rawls, Burkhead, Powell, Duke Johnson
WR: Julio Jones, Cooper, Diggs, Allen, Richardson
TE: Kelce
DST: Rams

Here are the players of interest on the WW:
RB: Samaje Perine, Chris Johnson, Paul Perkins, Charles Sims, D'Onta Foreman, Marlon Mack, Orleans Darkwa
WR: Cooper Kupp, Rashard Higgins, Devin Funchess, Danny Amendola

Couple questions:

1. I likely won't get anyone due to having the 10th waiver pick in a 12 team league, but it's possible that some folks won't make claims. It's also possible that some folks will make stupid claims that put up good players on the WW. With that in mind would you make any waiver claims? Currently I'm thinking that Burkhead and Richardson are droppable and that I should consider looking at the WRs.

2. Is anyone else rolling with the Rams DST against SF on Thursday, or should I see who else might be available after claims go through?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

My BML team needs help and I really don't know what direction to go.

12 man 0ppr 6patd league where I'm already 2 games plus tie breaker behind the division leader.

Trying to start making small trades working my way up the ladder.

I'm thinking of trying to move Tevin Coleman (since it's 0ppr) for a WR2 like E. Sanders or K. Allen - Thoughts?

Repost since it got buried this morning.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Thanks for everyone's advice. I vetoed that trade and posted a message how if anyone is trying to trade with our Taco and it looks suspicious then he (Taco) needs to explain to me why he wants that trade. Also texted him that he needs to loving pay at least half attention to his team or I'll find someone to take it over. He doesn't even have a terrible team for a 14 man league: AB84, Howard, Ajayi, Chris Thompson, Sproles, Corey Davis. It's not amazing, but it's not terrible.

Also told them both that I need league dues by Friday or their teams are getting locked. Just have to be a bit careful about wording because they're members of the private club I work at.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

Repost since it got buried this morning.

ASJ is trash and you should get rid of him immediately. You're holding on to two QBs and two DSTs; this is also trash and is clogging up your bench with stuff you don't need. Wilson is a starter QB and for this week Dolphins are a starter DST; you don't need anything more. Your team is generally fine.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

ASJ is trash and you should get rid of him immediately.

MODS?!?!?!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Would it be crazy to consider playing J.J. Nelson over Larry Fitzgerald? 15.3 and 23 points in his first two games versus Larry's 13.4 and 5.1. Is that the way it's going to be going forward?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

on the bored wop posted:

Would it be crazy to consider playing J.J. Nelson over Larry Fitzgerald? 15.3 and 23 points in his first two games versus Larry's 13.4 and 5.1. Is that the way it's going to be going forward?

PPR I'd go Fitz for a floor but if you need a home run I'd go J.J. I doubt it will be like it has been going forward, Nelson siphons the same targets John Brown would get. Jaron Brown is the one who eats up Fitz targets.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Tyree posted:

Is something wrong with desean jackson? He was one of the drops during this weeks waiver pick ups. I would certainly pick him up and drop kizer, but I have the #1 waiver spot and I don't know if I want to use it here.

0PPR 12 man regular league, heres my team.

DJax is and always has been a boom or bust guy. He was able to get open deep a few times last week but Jameis couldn't always connect with him. There will be games where they do connect and he'll go off but good luck predicting them. He's still fast and Mike Evans is drawing coverage so I think DJaxs total numbers will be pretty good by the end of the year but it's hard to predict on a per game basis.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

ASJ is trash and you should get rid of him immediately. You're holding on to two QBs and two DSTs; this is also trash and is clogging up your bench with stuff you don't need. Wilson is a starter QB and for this week Dolphins are a starter DST; you don't need anything more. Your team is generally fine.

I was the one who suggested ASJ to him :shrug:

McCown makes TEs fantasy money. ASJ is the most talented receiver on their squad.

Unfortunately, later today it also came out that he's also the most out of shape one :doh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting/status/910591072857976834

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Say he does come back.

Dude still hasn't played football in like 2-3 years.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Say he does come back.

Dude still hasn't played football in like 2-3 years.

And he wasn't that amazing the last time he came back either.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I swapped ASJ for Doyle and dropped Raiders D to pick up Higgins. But still curious if I should try and hold onto Coleman or move him for something.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We talking about ASJ or Josh Gordon here?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm in an NFL.com dynasty league that uses FAAB waivers. Is there a way to see who all put in a bid for a player, and the amount for each bid?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gearman posted:

We talking about ASJ or Josh Gordon here?

Gordon.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
So, I have a problem that's more like a first world problem. In my one 10-team PPR league, I have too many RBs.

Cousins
Cook, Crowell (11th Round Keeper), CJA, Hyde, Jacquizz, Doug Martin, Kerwynn (lol)
Cooper, Evans, Martavis, Hogan, Marvin Jones, Tyrell Williams
Kelce

Start 2 RB/3 WR/1 W/R/T Flex

I just don't know who I want to move to make a realistic trade offer, to upgrade my 3/4 WR.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Rick Grimes posted:

So, I have a problem that's more like a first world problem. In my one 10-team PPR league, I have too many RBs.

Cousins
Cook, Crowell (11th Round Keeper), CJA, Hyde, Jacquizz, Doug Martin, Kerwynn (lol)
Kelce

I just don't know who I want to move to make a realistic trade offer, to upgrade my 3/4 WR.

Try to send Jacquixxx and Doug in a package. Crowell would be next to go after that. Keep Cook, CJA, and Hyde for sure.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Rick Grimes posted:

Cousins
Kelce

Keeper league? What rounds would the others be kept? How many do you keep?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Siemian or Dak? We get 6 pts per QB TD, 1 pt per 25 yards, 3 pts at 300.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Keeper league? What rounds would the others be kept? How many do you keep?

Can keep 1 player drafted from round 9-end of draft for 2 years. Got Crowell last year in the 12th. So 11th this year, and 10th next year if I choose to keep him. "Sleeper Keeper" if you will.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

brugroffil posted:

Siemian or Dak? We get 6 pts per QB TD, 1 pt per 25 yards, 3 pts at 300.

Semen

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay so there's a dude in one of my leagues that's desperate for a 2nd RB and has thrown AJ Green on the table. I'm in a little bit of a better position RB wise (DJ) owner and I have some feelers out there to flip one of my WRs for another back. We've talked a potential trade out. I give Dez and Ingram and I get AJ and my choice of Giovani Bernard or Bilal Powell (leaning Bernard). It's 1 PPR.

Would I be crazy to take this?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Another AJ question.

Would it be worth trading Cooper and Gillislee for AJ and T. Coleman in 1ppr league?

How about for Dez & Ingram?

I’m trying to move Cooper for a WR that doesn’t lose all TD’s in the redzone to Crabtree and I have enough running backs to spare Gillislee.

My rb’s are - Bell, Fournette, B Allen, and Carson.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Another AJ question.

Would it be worth trading Cooper and Gillislee for AJ and T. Coleman in 1ppr league?

How about for Dez & Ingram?

I’m trying to move Cooper for a WR that doesn’t lose all TD’s in the redzone to Crabtree and I have enough running backs to spare Gillislee.

My rb’s are - Bell, Fournette, B Allen, and Carson.

Lmao this is exactly my dilemma. I'm thinking of asking for Doug Martin/AJ back if I give him Dez and Ingram.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Alfalfa posted:

I like this deal.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Josh Gordon's value came from an offense who literally only gave him the ball. Guy had like 200 targets in 2013 and caught less than half of them. I'd be more worried about him not being used in the way he was before than losing his athleticism. Dude's only 26 years old but he's coming back to a completely new team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Rick Grimes posted:

Cousins
Kelce

First of all your team is fine. Cooper and Evans are stud WRs, Bryant is a great WR3, and you have great options for your flex with your RBs. Plus you have great depth with Hogan, Jones, and Williams. If you're looking to move people I would keep CJA and Hyde. Packaging Jacquizz and Martin isn't a bad idea unless you think Martin has a high upside (which I think he does). I would go from a different angle and simply make it open to the league that you have RBs available and you're looking for stud WRs. Something like Martavis and a decent RB for Michael Thomas might be good.

Doltos posted:

Josh Gordon's value came from an offense who literally only gave him the ball. Guy had like 200 targets in 2013 and caught less than half of them. I'd be more worried about him not being used in the way he was before than losing his athleticism. Dude's only 26 years old but he's coming back to a completely new team.

Assuming he comes back at all, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a team kick the tires on him if he's eligible.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
The Browns certainly could use him and they have first rights.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Pssst...someone give me their opinion about my bad thinking.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
I've got a couple interesting choices this week. Both my leagues are half PPR

In one league, I ended up with Winston, Evans, and D. Jackson. I'm tempted to start all three this week, especially given what Xaiver Rhodes did to AB last week.

What do you think of this starting line up/what swaps would you make? I'm not sold on starting Crowell against Indianapolis, given Indy's 2.5 Y/A rushing defense this season.

In my other league, I need to start three of:

Adam Thielen vs. TB
Alshon Jeffrey vs. NYG
Brandin Cooks vs. HOU
Devantae Parker vs. NYJ

I've got Parker on the bench right now, but I'm torn between benching him and benching Cooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
A dude just offered me:

quote:

Jay Ajyai
Davonte Adams

For my

Tom Brady
Tarik Cohen

Thing is QB scoring is a little higher. 4 point TDs, but bonuses given out with yardage. Brady won me my game last week with his 45 points. I do have Mariota. This is my current lineup:

QB: Brady
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Melvin Gordon
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Randall Cobb
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: Cohen

Got TY Hilton, Mark Ingram, Chris Hogan, Mariota, Enron, Coleman, West, and Decker on my bench. 0.3 PPR. The dude has Crabtree as well. I do worry that it would suck having Cobb and Davante Adams.

Also for reference, Brady and Mariota's scoring in this league:

Week 1:
Brady - 15 pts
Mariota - 26 pts

Week 2:
Brady - 45 pts
Mariota - 16 pts

89 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 21, 2017

• Locked thread