Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There are so many threads in this game leading to "Guardian powers from something other than Light" that I'm sure we're getting more (sub?)classes eventually.

Wish list -

1. Taken subclass
2. SIVA subclass
3. Hawaiian shirts
4. Fallen class - I should not even have to specify that your Super makes you a 14 foot tall Archon that constantly barks out poo poo talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Destiny needs a bard class.

Tactical lute.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they could just add a 3rd attunement to each subclass

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Darth Windu posted:

I hope they add a 4th class in an expansion or at least another subclass like they did in D1. What would it be tho?? Afaik there's only three damage types. What would a 4th class even look like? We've got warrior/rogue/wizard already...or master chief / gunslinger / ???

Bard.

gently caress. Beaten.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

The 4th element is love

No that's the 5th element you moron.

Though it would be pretty funny if the last boss in destiny involved guardians standing in a square each using a different element and channeling it into some supreme being that shot a white mega laser at the approaching pyramids.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Am I right in saying the original destiny had 2 subclasses each until later expansions and that destiny 2 currently has 2 subs per main?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Brine posted:

Is there a bug with Hawthorne's clan rewards? Nightfall and crucible are showing as complete but there is nothing for me to pick up from her.

Yes. There are a few people in BK experiencing this as well. No known fix afaik

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Macarius Wrench posted:

Am I right in saying the original destiny had 2 subclasses each until later expansions and that destiny 2 currently has 2 subs per main?

Sort of

Destiny 1 did start with just 2 elemental specs per class, but eventually the classes got all 3 elements.
Destiny 2 starts off with all 3 per class.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Macarius Wrench posted:

D1 had 2 subs per class up until TTK when the other 3 were released.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I wanna join in on whatever the gently caress calus has going on.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fart City posted:

Destiny needs a bard class.

Tactical lute.

There was a Warlock artifact in D1 called "The Damned Lute". Go sunsinger, equip that, equip the guitar windmill emote, and there you go.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

haveblue posted:

The 4th element is love

Fifth element is multipass

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Destiny 2 alternatives:

- Space battles: Osiris vs The Nine secret war.
- Nightmare Survival mode into the dungeons of the moon. Survive a entire moon rotation without dying or turning hive. Kill other guardians if you fall to the darkness.
- Drink "Vex Milk". Acquire random buffs for 4 hours, negative and positive.
- Dark Souls style player invasions
- God Crafting: create a god, give it powers, summon it once each day
- Corruptor mode: each week find random npc's and insert worm eggs in their skin without they noticing. Get dark rewards for infecting 10 npc's. The game would ideally add more npcs in the overworld to be infected or assasinated by guardians.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 21, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

Seriously just copy Firefight and put it in this game.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

600 rpm sub machine gun primary. Can't remember the name.

The Auto Rifle is Uriels Gift.

Im running the double nade subtree of striker. 4 mobility. 10 armor. 3 recov.

Do you prefer that auto over the trials one?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

A new loving enemy type would be nice too

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
Very helpful (albeit sort of small/blurry) snapshot on mods I took from a Datto video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSAPdqTGw-Q

Anyone know whether mods can be used to get us beyond the 10 cap on resilience, mobility, and recovery? For example, if my armor's stats already have me at a 10 for resilience (the "cap"), can I still use two impact reduction mods to get me above that?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Serf posted:

Seriously just copy Firefight and put it in this game.

Including Birthday Party.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
So what the gently caress is the point of the Tractor Cannon? It seems to be exceptionally garbage in every way.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

4th subclass will probably be Pure Light.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

So what the gently caress is the point of the Tractor Cannon? It seems to be exceptionally garbage in every way.

Every game needs a useless weapon so when you are killed by the useless weapon it add insult to the injury. With Destiny 1 it was No Land Beyond, until jerk turned it into a ironically good weapon.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Its funny. That's it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

TripleWreck loves the Tractor Cannon, he pretty much mains it. It's not a tryhard weapon in any way, it's just hilarious

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Tei posted:

Every game needs a useless weapon so when you are killed by the useless weapon it add insult to the injury. With Destiny 1 it was No Land Beyond, until jerk turned it into a ironically good weapon.

Hey, lay off pooM!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Vintersorg posted:

4th subclass will probably be Pure Light.

https://www.destinypedia.com/Efrideet

quote:

Apart from Lord Saladin, Efrideet is the only Iron Lord to have survived the original SIVA outbreak. She kept her survival a secret from Saladin, having witnessed the fall of her friends and lost the will to fight. She eventually journeyed to the outer rim of the Solar System and joined a hidden enclave of Guardians who had learned to use their Light in peaceful ways. Centuries later, with the onset of the SIVA Crisis, Efrideet has returned to the Iron Temple to assist Saladin and fulfill her responsibility to the Iron Banner.[2]

:thunk:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Get that poo poo out of here. Make a subclass that does nothing but heal teammates and you're gonna attract all the primadonna "healer mains" that act like their time is so loving valuable that you should worship them for joining up.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

xzzy posted:

Get that poo poo out of here. Make a subclass that does nothing but heal teammates and you're gonna attract all the primadonna "healer mains" that act like their time is so loving valuable that you should worship them for joining up.

I've got a friend who is normally a chill person but he rages on Twitter any time he plays Mercy and doesn't get commendations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

"Less violent methods" mean snipers instead of punching enemies, I believe.

--

Yesterday I punched a hunter in PvP and it was still alive. What the world is this?
Then he punched me back and I died, a titan. But thats probably some netcode error.

Have I walked in the wrong universe where Titan punch is not the most powerful thing?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

REZ ME REZ ME REZ ME REZ ME REZ ME

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm not well versed in Destiny. I played Destiny 1 but don't think I finished it. I rented Destiny 2 and finished the story, started a new character but didn't really want to do the story again...

What else do you do when the story is finished? I can do the same missions as before, go on "patrol" which seems to be "kill some enemies for 10 minutes", or do the public events which I like. Is there anything else to this game or do you just do the same stuff over and over again hoping for slightly better guns/boots/whatever?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9NbrQ1cA4I

quote:

:downs:
Datto you are bitch. 90% of the player base doesn't make a loving living playing a video game like you do. You and other content creators who have spent 10+ hours a day playing this Game are not the measuring stick that everyone else needs to follow.

Datto

quote:

This is my opinion on the topic. If you want end-game, top level rewards, you should be expected to do top level, end-game content that is moderately difficult. I'm sorry that you think the pathetic 240 Nightfall has a ball-bustingly difficult timer, but it does not, even this week. I'm sorry that you can't just roll over the Nightfall anymore and have free loot thrown at you. I'm not going to agree with someone who says "remove the timer and replace it with nothing" because then we just get the exact same thing as Destiny 1, which was not hard at all.

You wanna replace it with mechanics? You wanna replace it with bullet sponges? You wanna replace it with more majors? I don't care! Bungie isn't gonna throw mechanics into a strike, so that's out. People hate bullet sponges, that's out. People hate more majors, that's out. "Replace it with nothing." Fine, now you can get free raid loot, free trials loot AND free Nightfall loot for just logging into the game and being in a clan. I've yet to see a GOOD idea that keeps the difficulty of the Nightfall when replacing the timers, so if you have one, drop it here.

I'm sorry that you actually need to think for a couple of minutes and plan a route through the Nightfall. Hell, I did a run yesterday of the normal Nightfall with someone who just hit 260 and has never ran the strike before, doing very little skipping at all: 6 minutes left on the clock. At some point, I think some people need to go, "maybe it's me?". End-game activity should be end-game effort. It's 15-20 minutes to get it done where you gotta focus once per week. Is that REALLY asking too much? REALLY? 15 minutes?

But don't worry, because Bungie will succumb to the complaints of the masses and this poo poo will be nerfed by next expansion anyway, so you only need to deal with it for 3 months.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

"Less violent methods" mean snipers instead of punching enemies, I believe.

Long Rifles are most humane.

xzzy posted:

IF this is genuinely the direction it goes, I see it more being a Buff-based subclass, rather than a Heal-based class; a fourth element of some kind.

This, though, is a game about shooting things and making them die, so I could see it happen: "Efrideet teaches us how nice it is to empower and heal your friends in the balance of things. But as a contrast, we also can now Leech Life."

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Nice meltdown, datto

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Norns posted:

A new loving enemy type would be nice too

Shanks, But More Evil

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Speaking of primadonnas thinking you should worship them *reads Datto text, regrets it*

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Nightfall timers are fine, gently caress that strike though

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Timers are a bullshit crutch to ramp up difficulty without actually addressing the difficulty of the activity.

Making everything spawn as yellow bars is more difficult. Making me kill stuff in a limited amount of time turns what should be a chill game into speed runner bullshit.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

CheeseFactory posted:

Unbroken 30kd match of Control of mine from yesterday: https://youtu.be/ke2hoPxWEAY

That fusion rifle is a green story mission reward which drops at level 6. I have not found another like it or better. It is an absolute monster. Can't remember the name of it. Ill look it up next time I'm on.

I'm using Crest of Alpha Lupi, really good for oh gently caress situations and for a quick burst of health.

How much did your XIM set you back?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rubellavator posted:

Nightfall timers are fine, gently caress that strike though

Yeah the timer isn't the problem, the problem is that the boss peaces out and wastes a chunk of it as soon as you do any significant damage, also you can only get your health back by going to the area where enemies are dropping damage fields that mess with your movement. That whole encounter needs to be overhauled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

Timers are a bullshit crutch to ramp up difficulty without actually addressing the difficulty of the activity.

Making everything spawn as yellow bars is more difficult. Making me kill stuff in a limited amount of time turns what should be a chill game into speed runner bullshit.

This is correct.