Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Karen told Suigetsu to go apologize to Sarada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Oh, well, so much for that nice 'bonds > blood' moral meaning anything then.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Salad never found out what's better than a kiss! Speaking of whuch, Sakura totally wanted some dick, but Sasuke denied her.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Salad never found out what's better than a kiss! Speaking of whuch, Sakura totally wanted some dick, but Sasuke denied her.

She might have been referring to the forehead poke, which is sad if true (then again this is Sasuke we're talking about here, I guess Sakura just takes what she can get at this point).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 8, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"it is okay that your parents have to work all time because of you" s like the primary lesson of almost every shonen jump story.

that aside, sakura is doing her best. working and raising a child alone is extremely difficult. hope she gets as much time as sasuke did in that other show.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Larryb posted:

She might have been referring to the forehead poke, which is sad if true (then again this is Sasuke we're talking about here, I guess Sakura just takes what she can get at this point).
this is literally what happened on the screen, no speculation required

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In the flashback, Salad asks her mom what's better than a kiss, and Sakura starts to blush. To me, it's one of those "kids will interpret it as a forehead poke, but adults will interpret it differently."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cams posted:

"it is okay that your parents have to work all time because of you" s like the primary lesson of almost every shonen jump story.

that aside, sakura is doing her best. working and raising a child alone is extremely difficult. hope she gets as much time as sasuke did in that other show.

it'd be weird if the adults got any substantial screentime outside of this arc honestly

what they should actually do is animate the sakura novel

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

seiferguy posted:

In the flashback, Salad asks her mom what's better than a kiss, and Sakura starts to blush. To me, it's one of those "kids will interpret it as a forehead poke, but adults will interpret it differently."

They make that joke as well (when Sakura first mentions it Salad pauses for a moment before calling her mother a pervert).

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cams posted:

Many Shonen Jump stories just have parents that are dead or not a major focus.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dexo posted:

Sakura did IIRC, it was right after Karen told Suigetsu what the umbilical cord thing was, and they cut back to Konoha.

No it is never correct from what I recall. She never brings it up after figuring it does not matter.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MonsterEnvy posted:

No it is never correct from what I recall. She never brings it up after figuring it does not matter.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm gonna have to ask everyone calling her Salad to also refer to Boruto as Bolt

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Aurora posted:

I'm gonna have to ask everyone calling her Salad to also refer to Boruto as Bolt

No.

He's always gonna be Bort.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't believe you all would disrespect Neji like this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
haha I like how they recontextualized the manga chapter this was adapting.

The ending to that fight after Gaara's and Naruto's speech got a legit laugh out out me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In today's episode of Boruto, baby boomer ninjas complain about those drat millenial ninjas and their participation trophies!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
They need another world war so that the next generation can get strong enough to kill god.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, ninjas are fuckin' useless when the world is at peace. like, where does konoha even get its income now that they aren't in the business of renting out mercenary wizards?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I think they are in the business of renting out mercenary wizards still. Business might not be as booming as it used to be, though?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Someone had to invent and manufacture modern computers so that Naruto can live the salaryman lifestyle.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There's still bad wizards, they just aren't trying to become god any more.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sindai posted:

There's still bad wizards, they just aren't trying to become god any more.

these millennial wizards just don't have any ambition.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Konoha Street Journal: Millenials are Killing the Ninja Industry

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't think you're supposed to think about the ninja economy too much. Naruto kinda implied in parallel that there was an entire feudal economy outside the villages, but also that ninjas rescued cats for a living or something.

Like where does the Lord of Fire live?
Author too busy writing spousal negligent, don't think about it.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I mean the whole land of waves arc was about them doing what was essentially bodyguard work to protect a guy from a bunch of gangsters. The only ninja they encountered from another village were missing-nin from Kiri. I just kind of imagine that a lot of the money Konoha and other villages make is in that kind of territory. Maybe some other nation unaffiliated with the big 5 wants information or services that traditional means can't provide, so they call a village to do it.

Admittedly the explanation for how the economy works isn't very deep, but it never seemed like they were getting a lot of work based out of conflict with other villages in the first place. Really it doesn't seem like that much has changed between Naruto and Boruto other than Akatsuki getting knocked out, and the general hostility level being lower.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Villages are essentially nation aligned PMC's

Sakura mostly does hospital work nowadays and that doesn't pay nearly as well since there is very little conflict anymore.

And Naruto is obviously just embezzling the money that Sasuke is making with his year long missions into his own account.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the lowest ranked ninja missions were always basically running glorified errands for people or doing detective work, and both the games and Boruto present subduing agiated wild animals (with violence) as part of that same lower level tier. I imagine there's still plenty of work with that, not to mention various bandit and terrorist organizations

by things being "peaceful" it's because for the first time in the history of the world all of the five villages are actually for-real allies on a non-superficial level.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sweet World building arc in the Mist.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Getting an arc set in another village is really cool

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Have we actually seen the Hidden Mist village to this extent in the series before (I don't remember if the Zabuza arc actually took place there or not)?

I also liked that one scene where Boruto and the gang were essentially playing Ninja Uno.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Greetings, whoever is holding the next OP back please set it free

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dryzen posted:

Greetings, whoever is holding the next OP back please set it free

We could probably stand to get a new ED too now that the Salad Gaiden arc is over.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Larryb posted:

Have we actually seen the Hidden Mist village to this extent in the series before (I don't remember if the Zabuza arc actually took place there or not)?
Only in a couple of flashbacks when they were thinking back to having their kids murder each other.

I think the most we ever saw of any other village was Deidara attacking Sand.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
every time the past mist village was mentioned, they were crazy murder-happy folks, even by ninja standards. but i guess that wouldn't have worked for the ninja alliance story, so at some point they completely reformed without anyone ever mentioning it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Zabuza mentioned the Mist changing from when he was a genin right?

If not the previous Mizukage mentioned changes since they were under control of Madara during the 5 Kage Summit.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I think Mist was the village where each would-be genin had to kill a classmate to graduate.
Which in addition to being extremely edgy mainly just seems like a good way to reduce your army by half for no good reason.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Didn't Zabuza kill his whole class too?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Zabuza was in the last class to do it and I'm pretty sure they explicitly changed it because he was insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah they did all that when Madara was controlling Yagura and I guess he gave no fucks. Then Zabuza killed every other genin in his class and even the craziest crazy people in the mist knew it was bad news to keep doing that.