Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The raid handcannon is not only insanely good (lightweight, fast firing l, Rampage 3x and Outlaw) but it is also extremely pleasurable when inserted anally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Blakkout posted:

Very helpful (albeit sort of small/blurry) snapshot on mods I took from a Datto video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSAPdqTGw-Q

Anyone know whether mods can be used to get us beyond the 10 cap on resilience, mobility, and recovery? For example, if my armor's stats already have me at a 10 for resilience (the "cap"), can I still use two impact reduction mods to get me above that?

He literally included a link to that spreadsheet with the video, you doofus.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
What the gently caress bush league scrub complains about strike difficulty?? :psyduck:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

What the gently caress bush league scrub complains about strike difficulty?? :psyduck:

I mean Nightfalls are a pain if you're trying to get it done with 5 minutes remaining, yeah

But that's actually good!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The raid handcannon is not only insanely good (lightweight, fast firing l, Rampage 3x and Outlaw)

legit jealous of this

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

xzzy posted:

Timers are a bullshit crutch to ramp up difficulty without actually addressing the difficulty of the activity.

Making everything spawn as yellow bars is more difficult. Making me kill stuff in a limited amount of time turns what should be a chill game into speed runner bullshit.

The nf shouldn't be chill though it should be a challenge. The other three ways to get luminous engrams are very easy in comparison.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The raid handcannon is not only insanely good (lightweight, fast firing l, Rampage 3x and Outlaw) but it is also extremely pleasurable when inserted anally

Just need gloves and helmet. The raid set is so sexy!! :swoon:

I didn’t think I’d like the Trump aesthetics but they won me over.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This weeks nightfall is a kick in the dick tho because of that last boss.

Got to him with 8 mins but finished with like 1 min due to all the craziness.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
nf timer is fine but gently caress that strike. its unfun even when its not nightfall. that boss fight is just dumb

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

The nf shouldn't be chill though it should be a challenge. The other three ways to get luminous engrams are very easy in comparison.

All of destiny should be chill. :colbert:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

legit jealous of this

This sustains me

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

nf timer is fine but gently caress that strike. its unfun even when its not nightfall. that boss fight is just dumb

Easily the worst D2 strike

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wait, what chest is that? Here is the one I got last night.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Destiny is 100% chill for me, because I refuse to do the parts that aren't chill.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There are so many threads in this game leading to "Guardian powers from something other than Light" that I'm sure we're getting more (sub?)classes eventually.

Wish list -

1. Taken subclass
2. SIVA subclass
3. Hawaiian shirts
4. Fallen class - I should not even have to specify that your Super makes you a 14 foot tall Archon that constantly barks out poo poo talk.

1. beards
2. robot beards
3. space man beards

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

xzzy posted:

All of destiny should be chill. :colbert:

:yeah:

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Vintersorg posted:

Wait, what chest is that? Here is the one I got last night.

It's the eververse optimacy chest.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Edit: Beaten

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
adding more majors or giving enemies more health does not make the nightfall more challenging, it makes it boring

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Right. The problem is not difficulty. The strike is tedious and not fun. This week's NF setup multiplies that. The boss fight especially is a disaster of encounter design.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

Easily the worst D2 strike

Easily.

But it wasn't a difficult NF at all, provided you aren't pure poo poo. Clan bud and I knocked it out with 4 minutes left doing a Guided Game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh yeah! I need the chest for the eververse one. Gay Dude just used the raid shader.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
They need to add a feature in game to ping your online clan members about doing an activity so they can just join up on you. Or even setting raid times in game and signing up that way. That level of clan integration in game would make things so much smoother, especially for clan with 100 people in them, and not wanting to just bother people randomly online.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The eververse warlock chest and helmet are legit more better than and more cabal than the actual raid stuff imho

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I keep thinking there's some trick to the nightfall boss this week but nobody's found it yet and trying to look for him on that wall is suicide

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The eververse warlock chest and helmet are legit more better than and more cabal than the actual raid stuff imho

I have the helmet, gloves, and chest and armband for my warlock. I should really buy the boots this week while they are still for sale.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hamelekim posted:

They need to add a feature in game to ping your online clan members about doing an activity so they can just join up on you. Or even setting raid times in game and signing up that way. That level of clan integration in game would make things so much smoother, especially for clan with 100 people in them, and not wanting to just bother people randomly online.

XBOX's built in LFG actually does this. When someone on your friends list sets up an LFG it sends a Live notification to all your friends that have that game installed. Holding the Guide button while it comes up shows you the posting for activity/time/requirements. Granted its at the XBL level and not the clan level but I tend to keep a large friends list that mostly mirrors the clan listing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hamelekim posted:

I'm surprised there's no way to signal to your clan what you want to actually do, just invite them.

Well I mean I'm not surprised, but you know.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
More thoughts on crucible after another few hours last night

Actually just one thought

I hate pubs who waste lives in Elimination. Hey dickface, running straight at them and trading kills is not gonna win. I kept saying "guys stay back, the time limit works both ways, let's be smart and TAKE THEM DOWN"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I wish the clan web UI had a scheduling tool, there doesn't seem to be a good way to organize parties that don't involve people who are all present simultaneously and form at that exact moment.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

The NF is actually pretty easy if you don't immediately get on a sparrow and attempt to get the light pillars and anomalies by rushing through it because someone will die, likely a few times. Instead go to the edge of the cliff, rocket the big group at the bottom and then just deal with the mobs, get the light and hit your anomalies. If no one manages to die you're good and even if they do you'll make up plenty of time in the dark room with the platforms. We got to the boss room at 7 min and had him down around 2 or 2:30.

Also if you or anyone has a Riskrunner it was basically made for this. I tore through the first wave room using it.

Getting Rat King legit seems like a loving hassle though so I'll probably just cheese that tonight around 7 or 8 PST on Xbone, add me if you're interested and not in the overflow clan (FUNSL1DE).

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Daric posted:

How much did your XIM set you back?

lol is this supposed to be a burn because like half the thread regulars are ximlords (our pronouns are xim/xur/ximself) and rappo is our Lord.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I mean Nightfalls are a pain if you're trying to get it done with 5 minutes remaining, yeah

Have a fumbled shaky last second phone shot from last weeks rat king

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

kecske posted:

Have a fumbled shaky last second phone shot from last weeks rat king

Legit or did you cheese? I know it's possible to do it the right way but goddamn it just doesn't seem worth attempting unless there are two other brave guardians on Xbone that want to give it a shot (and know how to get through it efficiently)

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The helmet is so good. I'll probably never take it off

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

I keep thinking there's some trick to the nightfall boss this week but nobody's found it yet and trying to look for him on that wall is suicide

Hide behind the crates on the left and spam devour and healing rift

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

96 spacejam posted:

(and know how to get through it efficiently)

I dont think there was a cheese last week but we used the 'stack same element supers and wait/hope for the phase 3 boss burn' since it was Prism. Almost certainly there will be some weeks with easier modifier combos than others.

I hear though its possible to knock this weeks boss off the platform for the easy win.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Warlocks Exotic helms are so good I turned helmets Always On which I never do

So far I've got the Eye, Liberty Spikes, and Devil Horns. Legendary Pacific is great too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

kecske posted:

I dont think there was a cheese last week but we used the 'stack same element supers and wait/hope for the phase 3 boss burn' since it was Prism. Almost certainly there will be some weeks with easier modifier combos than others.

I hear though its possible to knock this weeks boss off the platform for the easy win.

If you can spot him crawling on the wall while invisible you can shoot him off and he'll fall into the bottomless pit and die. There are videos of this on reddit but no strategy for doing this quickly and consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

96 spacejam posted:

Legit or did you cheese? I know it's possible to do it the right way but goddamn it just doesn't seem worth attempting unless there are two other brave guardians on Xbone that want to give it a shot (and know how to get through it efficiently)

Last week