Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
all the bad stuff in the verge article will be fixed with updates, except the price

the line "APPLE DOESN’T SUPPORT YOUTUBE 4K" is just plain wrong, the youtube app is made by google it's not even a stock app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lmao, just try to figure out what the cloud icons in iTunes mean, without googling it, when you're trying to figure out why your music isn't synced with iTunes match.

agreed iTunes is bad and always has been, but force touch is like an extra invisible icon you don't even know about til you stumble on it.

edit: lol Awful.app has a 'thread preview' if you hard-press a thread in the listing, how useful :o:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

agreed iTunes is bad and always has been, but force touch is like an extra invisible icon you don't even know about til you stumble on it.

yeah, agreed, force touch is bad, long press is as well tbh

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ufarn posted:

the new apple tv also appears to gently caress up upscaling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYL7ifFBw5c

they've also always sucked at imax formats and end up pan & scan'ing them, but that's old hat

[blockquote]I was really expecting — hoping! — this thing would blow me away.

But the new Apple TV doesn’t support Atmos. And it doesn’t support YouTube in 4K HDR. And it doesn’t have Disney or Marvel movies in 4K HDR. And it makes some 1080p content look less than great.[/blockquote]

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/21/16341876/new-apple-tv-4k-review-2017

apple not supporting vp9 is a decision I can get behind

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

apple not supporting vp9 is a decision I can get behind

hey, it's that fat guy with the stupid spiked bracelet

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

akadajet posted:

look, he doesn't want to ever be a "suit" ok

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I was watching some other video of his for the iPhone 8 and half of it was shots of his old film cameras that he probably doesn't use in his expensive looking downtown loft.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

akadajet posted:

Kenny Logins posted:

gruber took the right attitude of "hey ok so it's definitely not the x, but..."

everyone else like nilay "your sexy studded bracelet boy" patel are like it's not as exciting as the x wtf

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

akadajet posted:

I was watching some other video of his for the iPhone 8 and half of it was shots of his old film cameras that he probably doesn't use in his expensive looking downtown loft.
nilay is a leading brand of dipshit

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

nilay is a leading brand of dipshit

the best meltdown outside of these forums

https://nextshark.com/nilay-patel-apple-watch-review-bracelet-tantrum/

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

The excellent application of the word "tantrum" in a situation like this is what separates good writers from great writers.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://vine.co/v/eBvduz0WxF6/

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

[quote="“akadajet”" post="“476616646”"]
https://vine.co/v/eBvduz0WxF6/
[/quote]
is like symphony

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Perplx posted:

all the bad stuff in the verge article will be fixed with updates, except the price

the line "APPLE DOESN’T SUPPORT YOUTUBE 4K" is just plain wrong, the youtube app is made by google it's not even a stock app
it was weird that this was a talking point, considering the state of youtube on ios

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

It's not even very expensive.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

ufarn posted:

it was weird that this was a talking point, considering the state of youtube on ios
i was going to say i don't use it because they don't allow variable playback speed, but it appears now they do. i guess i have some polygon shits to catch up on

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

i was going to say i don't use it because they don't allow variable playback speed, but it appears now they do. i guess i have some polygon shits to catch up on
they just blacklisted protube, so they probably felt like they had to keep up appearances slightly

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ahahahahahahahahaha hahaha

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
my 6 just lost 10% battery life during my twenty minute walk to work thanks tim

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

ur holding it wrong

ufarn
May 30, 2009

bump_fn posted:

major ios updates always reenable bluetooth, see if that crap's on for one

i love the days where you just lose 20-40% in five seconds of checking your phone

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

leaving bluetooth on might account for 1% over a day if it's not connected to anything. stop pretending like it's some major drain. it's probably just indexing still

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it has more to do with giving the user the option to disable bluetooth/wireless, and then just ignoring because apple thinks people don't know any better.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
[quote="“akadajet”" post="“476618565”"]
it has more to do with giving the user the option to disable bluetooth/wireless, and then just ignoring because apple knows people don’t know any better.
[/quote]
ftfy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
it's definitely just indexing poo poo as noted by search giving me poo poo like this

instead of surfacing the scanner pro app I already have installed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

it's definitely just indexing poo poo as noted by search giving me poo poo like this

instead of surfacing the scanner pro app I already have installed

nice b-ball humblebrag

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
[quote="“cinci zoo sniper”" post="“476619735”"]
nice b-ball humblebrag
[/quote]

it gets better it was a game where the cubs trounced the Pittsburgh Pirates

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

holy poo poo its loving huge

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wow this is cool

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/21/16344028/magic-sudoku-ar-app-puzzles-apple-arkit

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/theMrMobile/status/910901866644541440

timb cook retire bitch

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

yeah it was cool when google did it six years ago too
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-beat-sudoku-puzzles-using-google-goggles/

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao

poty
Jun 21, 2008

lol if you have to take a picture of the sudoku in order to solve it instantly like some sort of caveman

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
[quote="“poty”" post="“476620687”"]
wow this is cool

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/21/16344028/magic-sudoku-ar-app-puzzles-apple-arkit
[/quote]

ARKit is the part that figures out you're looking at a flat surface and where the phone is in relation to it, but CoreML is what figures out that it's a Sudoku puzzle and what the pre-filled-in numbers are. :eng101:

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

THC posted:

yeah this is actually smart. wifi is still on, it's just disconnected you from your wifi at that location and won't reconnect until either your location changes significantly, you toggle it back on, or you manually rejoin the network (or 5am the next day). effectively solving the 'forgot to turn wifi back on and used up all my data' problem. if you want it fully and completely turned off you just go into settings and turn it off

it's just overanalytical busybodies who write for the verge and wear studded bracelets who are upset by it

so it's for retards

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
[quote="“butt dickus”" post="“476620766”"]
yeah it was cool when google did it six years ago too
[url=“https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-beat-sudoku-puzzles-using-google-goggles/%93]https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-beat-sudoku-puzzles-using-google-goggles/[/url]
[/quote]

Hmm, yes, take a picture, upload it to Google, then hope their thing recognizes it and solves it ~In The Cloud~

OR

Point your iPhone at it and it gets recognized & solved almost instantly on the device

🤔 Which of these is easier and also more impressive 🤔

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
When you want to sync 4k video back to your iPhone but notable music syncing program iTunes doesn't support 4k

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
[quote="“Not Al-Qaeda”" post="“476621028”"]
so it’s for retards
[/quote]

yes, aka people who insist on turning off WiFi and Bluetooth to save battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Doc Block posted:

Hmm, yes, take a picture, upload it to Google, then hope their thing recognizes it and solves it ~In The Cloud~

OR

Point your iPhone at it and it gets recognized & solved almost instantly on the device

🤔 Which of these is easier and also more impressive 🤔
and it only took six years!

• Locked thread