Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Vita has always had waaay more games than 3ds, the important metric is "good games".

If you're talking games you can download on Vita, sure. If we're talking games made specifically for the Vita, 3DS beats it by a country mile.

Hell, if you're including everything playable on Vita, 3DS probably still wins when including the DS library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hammer Bro. posted:

Holy hell, I just noticed that when walking around between fights in Mario XCOM the music seamlessly transitions between different instrument sets/harmonies depending on the nature of the landscape you're on.

Rabbid Ubisoft Guy done good.

(now if only they'd fix the damned camera controls...)

:sigh:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nintendo should be giving away the splatoon 2 motion + stick programing to anyone who wants it, would make every FPS better. People can just turn it off and those of us who actually get it can not have baby FPS autoaim.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mister Facetious posted:

(now if only they'd fix the damned camera controls...)

:sigh:

And the seemingly random frame hitches.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hammer Bro. posted:

Holy hell, I just noticed that when walking around between fights in Mario XCOM the music seamlessly transitions between different instrument sets/harmonies depending on the nature of the landscape you're on.

Rabbid Ubisoft Guy done good.
Music's by Grant Kirkhope - he's been doing that at least since Banjo-Kazooie so I'm not surprised he nailed it.

(still haven't bought that game but I'm still planning on it, just no free time.)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

SeANMcBAY posted:

That's a Ubisoft feature. That, and the disappearing models during transitions.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Really excited for these Nintendo Arcade Archives stuff. None are totally 1:1 NES ports, but vastly different stuff like VS Balloon Fight are stuff that hasn't been available since those mid 80s Arcade PCBs came out.

Stuff like DK and DK Jr will likely never be released since the murky legal stuff between Nintendo and the company that helped develop DK still doesn't seem to be resolved.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just got steamworld dig 2 on a whim and it's Hella good fun y'all

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So was "Golf Story Thursday" just a lie

I know they said Golf Story in September, but how can you not know a release date this late in the month? My October issue of Game Informer says Golf Story will be released in the coming weeks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

If you're talking games you can download on Vita, sure. If we're talking games made specifically for the Vita, 3DS beats it by a country mile.

Hell, if you're including everything playable on Vita, 3DS probably still wins when including the DS library.

You're probably right, but point stands, the 3ds will be remembered as an awesome console with a great library and the vita will be remembered as the anime titty machine that also could play PS4 remotely but not quite because the controls dont exactly line up.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I finished MXCOM and it is pretty good, I still have many challenges and collectibles to go back to. I'm not sure it has much replay value after that but the Dlc should be good.

There are some characters I didn't use at all because I couldn't afford up-to-date weapons for all of them so I just settled with the team I liked (both Luigis). Now that I finished the game and have lots of gold I might check them out.

The game froze on me once and at one point I was stuck on a platform but a reset fixed both.

So all in all I do recommend it and I think it is worth it if you like tactic games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You're probably right, but point stands, the 3ds will be remembered as an awesome console with a great library and the vita will be remembered as the anime titty machine that also could play PS4 remotely but not quite because the controls dont exactly line up.

Alternately, the 3ds will be remembered for having 999 and the two bad versions of the sequels while the Vita doesn't have 999 but has the good sequels.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chernabog posted:

There are some characters I didn't use at all because I couldn't afford up-to-date weapons for all of them so I just settled with the team I liked (both Luigis). Now that I finished the game and have lots of gold I might check them out.

Huh? The game showers you in gold. I've always bought the best weapon for every single character, the moment they were available, and I think I have like 15,000 gold right now at the beginning of world 4.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Waltzing Along posted:

Alternately, the 3ds will be remembered for having 999 and the two bad versions of the sequels while the Vita doesn't have 999 but has the good sequels.

Vita has 999.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Pretty sure that's inherent to Android. :rimshot:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Policenaut posted:

Vita has 999.

Oh. Looks like it came out a couple months ago.

Well Vita > 3ds for sure.

I'm kidding of course. The 3ds is a fantastic system. Perhaps the best ever.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Just own both, they each have their Pros and Cons. This isn't 3rd grade, you can own a Sony and Nintendo console (though it was Sega and Nintendo back in my day.. and I still shy away from Sega).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FireMrshlBill posted:

Just own both, they each have their Pros and Cons. This isn't 3rd grade, you can own a Sony and Nintendo console (though it was Sega and Nintendo back in my day.. and I still shy away from Sega).

This is the ideal situation.

The ideal, ideal situation:

PS4
Wii U
Switch
PC with at least a last gen video card (because any PC exclusive worth playing doesn't have high end graphics)
3ds
Vita
GBA SP AGS101
PSP w/ CFW
PS3 1st gen w/ backwards compatibility
Dreamcast

This will allow you to play nearly any game ever made.

And I guess a Bone. But only if all the boxes above are clicked first

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

RCarr posted:

Huh? The game showers you in gold. I've always bought the best weapon for every single character, the moment they were available, and I think I have like 15,000 gold right now at the beginning of world 4.

I'm at the beginning of world 3 and have almost no gold and I've only been buying weapons for the 3 characters I use.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Flying Oak Games won't respond to my tweet asking why there is zero rumble support in NeuroVoider.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kaubocks posted:

yeah this kind of thing was brought to my attention earlier in the week and i actually find it really interesting

https://twitter.com/britishgaming/status/908797276906192896

i don't own any of the games with problem icons but i totally agree that they look super lame and that the busier icon is the way to go:

on my 3ds i'm obviously going to want something small and simple but switch icons are way bigger and are usually on my tv screen-- i basically want them to be box art. most devs have stuck to these guidelines so the few that aren't make their minimalistic icons stand out like a sore thumb

That Kingdom icon looks like garbage and I'm surprised Nintendo allowed it. The Lego icon is bad as well.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The best set up is to only own Nintendo consoles with a gaming PC and to borrow your friend's PlayStation for those few excellent exclusives.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

SeANMcBAY posted:

The best set up is to only own Nintendo consoles with a gaming PC and to borrow your friend's PlayStation for those few excellent exclusives.

:yeah:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Actually buy every console so you can play everything so you don't have to ask to borrow things or wait long times for games to get ported to the system you own.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah spend all the money buy every console also all the cars and houses and poo poo too you scrub.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh. Looks like it came out a couple months ago.

Well Vita > 3ds for sure.

I'm kidding of course. The 3ds is a fantastic system. Perhaps the best ever.

Vita has Undertale now. Checkmate losers

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

GreenNight posted:

Yeah spend all the money buy every console also all the cars and houses and poo poo too you scrub.

sorry i cant hear you over this stardew valley im playing

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I have it in Steam, nbd.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh rad. I kind of got tired of waiting and asking Stardewhen so I just bought it on something I already own. It sucks that it took so long and I wish it came out faster.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don't mind waiting for ports since my backlog of stuff on 3DS/Wii U alone is already still pretty big

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RCarr posted:

I was buying the best weapons as soon as they were available and was only able to get them for 3 or 4 people tops. But maybe that's because I wasn't going back to do the challenges right away. I only started to get more money towards the end.

Also, I had perfect on most levels.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't have kids and make decent money so I own Xbox, PS4, and Switch.

Don't really have the space for a pc rig.

Haven't turned on PS4 in a few weeks. Use my Switch almost everyday, and use my Xbox whenever my girlfriend goes out of town for work.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Waltzing Along posted:

This is the ideal situation.

The ideal, ideal situation:

PS4
Wii U
Switch
PC with at least a last gen video card (because any PC exclusive worth playing doesn't have high end graphics)
3ds
Vita
GBA SP AGS101
PSP w/ CFW
PS3 1st gen w/ backwards compatibility
Dreamcast

This will allow you to play nearly any game ever made.

And I guess a Bone. But only if all the boxes above are clicked first

Bone does have Rare Replay if you don't have an upscaler or Ultra HDMI mod for your N64 (outside of emulation).

I'm not a huge arcade game fan, just enjoy them from time to time so don't need anything specific, so the only Dreamcast game that wasn't cross-platform or later released on Nintendo/Sony/Xbox hardware was Shenmue. So I sold it. Sold my Genesis too and just play the few games I have a on a Retron5 or RetroGen.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 21, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Beastie posted:

I don't have kids and make decent money so I own Xbox, PS4, and Switch.

Don't really have the space for a pc rig.

Haven't turned on PS4 in a few weeks. Use my Switch almost everyday, and use my Xbox whenever my girlfriend goes out of town for work.

Same it's not about the money to me

Having stuff is you don't need is annoying whereas clutter free spaces really really own

having dedicated computers just to play a few exclusives dips too close into hoarder territory for me

When was the last time you actually booted up your dusty og Xbox? Etc

E: sp

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 21, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Doom should have gyro aiming. Also motion controls for glory kills

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Nintendo + PC is the way to go, then PS4 if you can afford it / justify it.

You can fit surprisingly decent parts in a smaller form factor case these days.

I play my Switch way more than PC these days but I'd probably pick PC first. There's practically limitless games for very little money.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

in order for doomguy to push the "demonic invasion in progress" screen away at the start of the game you have to physically pick up the switch out of the dock and throw it across the room

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

Having stuff is you don't need is annoying whereas clutter free spaces really really own

having dedicated computers just to play a few exclusives dips too close into hoarder territory for me

Same. I had an X1 and PS4 but I never turned them on after finishing a game so it seemed pointless to keep them. I rarely game on my computer too lately but I obviously need it for other things so that stays. My friend has just a pile of dusty unused systems near his tv and it drives me nuts.

[quote="“CharlieFoxtrot”" post="“476623476”"]
[/quote]

This would make it the best version regardless of 30fps.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

KingSlime posted:

When was the last time you actually booted up your dusty og Xbox? Etc

E: sp

Like a year ago when I wanted to play Shenmue 2. Thankfully it looks like Sega is finally porting the Shenmues to PS4 so the only reason I keep my OG Xbox around is for my copies of Metal Wolf Chaos and Steel Battalion.

I have a big, empty basement I can store stuff in so when I got a gaming PC that could emulate PS2 I just boxed all that stuff up and put it down there. So if I ever get sick of dealing with PCSX2 updates or fiddling with settings to make these games work properly I can just drag it upstairs and go with that. Sucks for people living in studio apartments or whatever but if you've got the space for it then w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Modus Pwnens posted:

Nintendo + PC is the way to go, then PS4 if you can afford it / justify it.

You can fit surprisingly decent parts in a smaller form factor case these days.

I play my Switch way more than PC these days but I'd probably pick PC first. There's practically limitless games for very little money.

I love love love my mITX gaming PC build.

• Locked thread