Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Wow. That is some scoreline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Smorgasbord posted:

Fairly comprehensive.

:killdozer:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The All Blacks just equalled the record for most points scored against South Africa - which they set themselves last year in Durban, and broke the record for a winning margin against the Springboks. The previous record was 50, when Clive Woodward's England beat an out-of-sorts Springboks team 53-3 in 2002.

It's also the first time they've been nilled while conceding 50+, and of the 5 times they have had a half-century put on them, it has been at the hands of the All Blacks on 4 of those occasions.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Vagabundo posted:

The All Blacks just equalled the record for most points scored against South Africa - which they set themselves last year in Durban, and broke the record for a winning margin against the Springboks. The previous record was 50, when Clive Woodward's England beat an out-of-sorts Springboks team 53-3 in 2002.

I think the main reason for the staggering loss in 2002 was the unambiguous red card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOM30-9e3Qw&t=595s

A late shoulder charge on a man in the air.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So this year is now the "All Blacks revengefucking the southern hemisphere for all that Lions business" tour.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Schlesische posted:

Wait wait wait wait...

Christian Lealiifano is playing in Ulster?
How's he going?

He was amazing. Absolutely dominated the territory game with 4 or 5 pinpoint kicks down field that all caught Halfpenny off-guard, and ended up bouncing into touch for massive territory gains, and made a crazy offload to put one of the Ulster forwards in for a try.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Tyma posted:

He was amazing. Absolutely dominated the territory game with 4 or 5 pinpoint kicks down field that all caught Halfpenny off-guard, and ended up bouncing into touch for massive territory gains, and made a crazy offload to put one of the Ulster forwards in for a try.

Second this, his tactical kicking and distribution were fantastic and he even kicked well off the tee. Sad he's only on contract here until the start of the Super rugby season tbh.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Glasgow almost robbed by a horrendous ref decision right at the end of their match, but the easy enough kick in front of the posts was fluffed. Grand match but ruined by one of the worst reffing displays I've seen. Albeit terrible reffing that seems not to have influenced with one big wrong call, thankfully.

Munster almost lost their match for themselves. Bleyendaal had a really poor game. His kicking sights haven't been in so far this year, and this was his worst performance almost costing Munster the match, along with other mistakes. It wasn't a case of the Ospreys impressing much, rather Munster messing up, and often. They should have converted more chances, of which they had many, especially in comparison to the Ospreys.

Story of the Leinster match was the Saffa crowd. I've seen more people at a u15 provincial schools' cup quarter final. Losing to New Zealand, two back to back seasons, and the Kings general win/loss ratio isn't doing good things in putting bums in seats, although maybe the TV audience drew more. It was a bit of a fight in the first half, so hopefully with a bit of time the South African teams can build up to a full 80 minutes, with less CC and the European competitions breaks for them.

I'm looking forward to Glasgow vs Munster next week. Two teams after building up a rivalry, one and two in their conference, and building their way into the season with wins that either didn't say much, or had definite issues in how they got them. For Munster it'll probably be the return of the Lions players. I don't think Rassie will put out a full strength team, rather looking to build depth, but it'll be the closest to full strength yet.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Played yesterday and the ref had a shocker. At our level the refs are paid something like £20 a game so we don't expect much but... we had a second row binned for a high tackle on their 9. Size mismatch mainly but fair enough. Then their 15 clotheslined our winger who was on to score and no card as their team hadn't been warned yet in the game. I nearly lost it! As a coach of kids safety is always paramount and the ref has a duty of care for the players and it made my blood boil.

No reason to post other than to rant and get it off my chest.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Vagabundo posted:

It's also the first time they've been nilled while conceding 50+, and of the 5 times they have had a half-century put on them, it has been at the hands of the All Blacks on 4 of those occasions.

I didn't want to put myself through watching the whole test so just saw the highlights. Were the Boks that bad or were the ABs that good or was it los dos?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

butros posted:

I didn't want to put myself through watching the whole test so just saw the highlights. Were the Boks that bad or were the ABs that good or was it los dos?

The Boks started well, but the ABs got a couple of tries against the run of play, and Rhule's defensive frailties were brutally exposed. Once the All Blacks started scoring, the Boks were forced to play catch-up and just couldn't keep up.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

thegasman2000 posted:

Played yesterday and the ref had a shocker. At our level the refs are paid something like £20 a game so we don't expect much but... we had a second row binned for a high tackle on their 9. Size mismatch mainly but fair enough. Then their 15 clotheslined our winger who was on to score and no card as their team hadn't been warned yet in the game. I nearly lost it! As a coach of kids safety is always paramount and the ref has a duty of care for the players and it made my blood boil.

No reason to post other than to rant and get it off my chest.

Does that kind of stuff get sorted out later over there? I mean like does everyone remember to look for that fullback at the back of a ruck and put the boots on him? You have to be a pretty flagrant rear end in a top hat to get walked on here in California, but for a clothesline that isn't called I'd expect someone to pay it back.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

My 2nd XV team at my school had to put up with a lot of that bullshit. One ref was particularly bad, and when we came across him again, he had a moan to one of the coaching panel about how our boys were giving him dirty looks.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

Stitecin posted:

Does that kind of stuff get sorted out later over there? I mean like does everyone remember to look for that fullback at the back of a ruck and put the boots on him? You have to be a pretty flagrant rear end in a top hat to get walked on here in California, but for a clothesline that isn't called I'd expect someone to pay it back.

If it had been a player who was involved more then I am sure someone would have had a dig. Being 15 and not really getting involved meant it would have been kinda obvious. The ref actually nearly binned me for saying he has a duty of care as he took it as back chat. Which it kinda was but yeah still a dick.

We won't 20-19 after trailing till the 70th so a decent result in the end.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Vagabundo posted:

The Boks started well, but the ABs got a couple of tries against the run of play, and Rhule's defensive frailties were brutally exposed. Once the All Blacks started scoring, the Boks were forced to play catch-up and just couldn't keep up.

Their scrums and line-outs were atrocious, it was free AB ball virtually every time.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Boks bad at lineouts, Aus beating Argies in the scrum, it's an upside down world.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

During the test match, I kept getting distracted by this guy.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Please don't doxx me.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Guess who isnt getting picked for the next Lions tour:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41342719

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

CyberPingu posted:

Guess who isnt getting picked for the next Lions tour

I'm guessing Rob Howley and Warren Gatland.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Tyma posted:

Of course not! Gatland will be Lord High President of the All Blacks by then!

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

Of course not! Gatland will be Lord High President of the All Blacks by then!

With the ridiculous contract the WRU gave him he could probably just buy New Zealand by then.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Tyma posted:

Yeah thats lilkely too, but the next coach might look on this and think "Hmmm, do i really want to take a guy who back chats to the media about the coaching"

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The cheetahs are beating Leinster? 31-5? :confused:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

The cheetahs are beating Leinster? 31-5? :confused:

Turns out they were a Super Rugby team all along!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

gently caress sake Ospreys :smith:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Glasgow annihilated Munster.

Best part has to be when Sarto gets the balls and proceeds to bounce off 8 tacklers before offloading to Cummings for a try. Unstoppable. :stare:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

WMain00 posted:

Glasgow annihilated Munster.

Best part has to be when Sarto gets the balls and proceeds to bounce off 8 tacklers before offloading to Cummings for a try. Unstoppable. :stare:

On a dodgy ankle too. It's a good thing the rest of Italy are poo poo because Sarto is becoming scarily good again while playing for Glasgow.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Munster have appointed Johann van Graan to replace Erasmus. All I know is that he is the Springboks assistant head coach. A Cool and Good appointment?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

idk, have you watched the springboks recently? wouldnt fill me with confidence.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Are the Ospreys always this poo poo?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Whatever prompted the stereotype the front row is full of thickos?

quote:

Wales hooker Scott Baldwin was ruled out of Ospreys' Pro14 defeat by Cheetahs after being bitten on the hand while trying to pet a lion.

The incident happened at a game park as Ospreys became the first Welsh team to head to South Africa in the tournament.

Boss Steve Tandy said: "There was an incident with a lion, but in fairness it was nothing to do with the lion.

"He did bite Scott but when you put your hand in a fence where there is a lion, then you will get bitten."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/41449164

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Great news, everybody!

Someone filmed Scott Baldwin getting bitten by a lion.

https://streamable.com/erri0

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
I'm not sure if this tops Andy Powell, but it certainly has to be up there...

Edit: Munster just got robbed of a penalty try. Countless penalties on the line, yellow card given but no penalty try. Crowd don't sound happy.

stavros880 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 30, 2017

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
so anyone care to comment on the 2nd place in the Rugby Championship match?

https://twitter.com/steve_l15/statu...169679966384128

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

God, it's like watching England back in 03, brings a tear to my eye so it does

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

slothrop posted:

so anyone care to comment on the 2nd place in the Rugby Championship match?

https://twitter.com/steve_l15/statu...169679966384128

It was a frustrating game to watch. The Springboks made the Wallabies look better than they really were, and often squandered their momentum with poor handling or inattention at the ruck, where the halfback was left to fend for himself while the rest of the pack just stood and watched. If they have any plans on beating the All Blacks next weekend, there's going to have to be a hell of an improvement.

Mind you, the fact that they scored 27 points and didn't lose means there was an improvement already.

And yeah, I can not believe the AR didn't catch that. He was right there!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
ABs looking on form, dangerous signs for Argentina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

That pass from Bodie :aaa: