Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Lake Mungo is really good, agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A teratoma, a tumour complete with hair and teeth. They can also contain bone and, very rarely, more complex organs or processes such as brain matter, eyes, torso, and hands, feet, or other limbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratoma

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~

Say Nothing posted:

A teratoma, a tumour complete with hair and teeth. They can also contain bone and, very rarely, more complex organs or processes such as brain matter, eyes, torso, and hands, feet, or other limbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratoma

If I had one of these taken out of me I would absolutely ask to keep it in a jar. It's usually a partially formed twin that doesn't get noticed until way later, I think? I hope they don't just form in people randomly.

Is it theoretically possible for a teratoma to form with enough brain matter to have its own low level thought processes? I assume it's just randomly distributed stem cells and wouldn't actually work.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

salty fries make me cry posted:

If I had one of these taken out of me I would absolutely ask to keep it in a jar. It's usually a partially formed twin that doesn't get noticed until way later, I think? I hope they don't just form in people randomly.

Is it theoretically possible for a teratoma to form with enough brain matter to have its own low level thought processes? I assume it's just randomly distributed stem cells and wouldn't actually work.

well iirc, some tumors are teratomas, so yes they do form spontaneously at times. Like your cancer cells just decide "hey I think I'll grow some teeth in this lung. For fun."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Don't google teratoma, unless you want to see things that look like false teeth with hair, eyeballs, and in one case, a whole arm.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Say Nothing posted:

Don't google teratoma, unless you want to see things that look like false teeth with hair, eyeballs, and in one case, a whole arm.

Ok ok I'm goin', I'm goin'!

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Say Nothing posted:

I should just take people's advice on these matters. Ugh.
Apart from a few obviously fake art pieces (a belt buckle, seriously?), these images literally make my skin crawl, like my body instinctively wants to get away from the pictures. The only picture I've had this much of a visceral reaction to before is the good ol' blobfish.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
But this one is so cute :3:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Choco1980 posted:

well iirc, some tumors are teratomas, so yes they do form spontaneously at times. Like your cancer cells just decide "hey I think I'll grow some teeth in this lung. For fun."

Cancer is trying to grow its own people. Out of cancer. :stonk:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Cancer is trying to grow its own people. Out of cancer. :stonk:

The reboot of Pimp My Ride has gotten really weird since they decided to replace Xzibit with Cronbenberg as the host.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Before these medical ones go any further, can we agree not to post really gory poo poo. These threads have been killed before because of it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Could we keep the creepy images out of the creepy images thread? Can’t there be a thread dedicated to the purpose instead of this creepy images thread being held hostage by creepy images?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yes, that is what I said.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

World Famous W posted:

Before these medical ones go any further, can we agree not to post really gory poo poo. These threads have been killed before because of it.

This thread moves like a glacier, I don't think you need to be worried about it getting killed if people post more content.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GasvqClY7XM

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Aw, it turns into a little bus. :3:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Live action Binding of Issac looking, uh, good?

Why does everything default to dogs in Deep Dream?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Live action Binding of Issac looking, uh, good?

Why does everything default to dogs in Deep Dream?

If memory serves, it was trained first on dogs, and then architecture, faces, and other subjects were added later. It's still kind of hung up on the dogs, because that was its initial data set.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
How much is that Shoggoth in the window...

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

Could we keep the creepy images out of the creepy images thread? Can’t there be a thread dedicated to the purpose instead of this creepy images thread being held hostage by creepy images?

Creepy and gory are not the same. Gore is disgusting, not creepy.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Astrofig posted:

Creepy and gory are not the same. Gore is disgusting, not creepy.

I haven't seen anything I'd call gore in the past 5 pages.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

awwww, real life tetsuo looks adorable

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

mandatory lesbian posted:

awwww, real life tetsuo looks adorable

I was thinking that what it really needs is an itty-bitty top hat and cane, and then some voice coaching. Imagine the splash it would make on the vaudeville circuit!

SatansOnion has a new favorite as of 01:24 on Sep 22, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SatansOnion posted:

I was thinking that what it really needs is an itty-bitty top hat and cane, and then some voice coaching. Imagine it just sitting there doing nothing!

I don't really see the appeal.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

What if I grew out of a teratoma... am I cancer

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Double Bill posted:

If you were made of cancer would you be immortal? No deterioration and old age for you. You just keep getting bigger and lumpier as the centuries pass.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Double Bill posted:

Did you grow between June 22 and July 22?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I haven't seen anything I'd call gore in the past 5 pages.

I think it was more trying to stop gore posting before it starts, since a bunch of the stuff in GIS for teratoma are definitely gore. It's definitely a good reminder when medical stuff in general comes up.

Shady Amish Terror posted:

It's still kind of hung up on the dogs,

I feel so connected to this computer right now :3:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
[quote="“Somfin”" post="“476678423”"]
I don’t really see the appeal.
[/quote]

Just so you know, i appreciated this

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Slenderwoman!

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

If you were made of cancer would you be immortal? No deterioration and old age for you. You just keep getting bigger and lumpier as the centuries pass.

If current trends keep up, I'm going to live forever.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Facebook Aunt posted:

waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you, pal.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amCZA877cnY

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/8IqZrY6.mp4

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The most unnerving thing about that head is how stiff the uvula is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yobgoblin posted:

everyone in this thread should watch Lake Mungo

You're drat right.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

So when does his helmet break on the martian surface?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Arcsquad12 posted:

So when does his helmet break on the martian surface?

Two Weeks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What is that from?