Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

trying to craft a purple weapon mod will get you something elemental related like 99 percent of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can't wait to suck Xur tmrw.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

Funkmaster General posted:

This is some "has anyone ever really been so far"-tier word salad and I'm kind of into it.

Tei is the best poster in this thread by a country mile
*shucks dick*

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

Can't wait to suck Xur tmrw.

Foetracer pls

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I must be the luckiest jerk ever because I just got into legendary weapon mod making last night so I could plop a +5 into my 300 Origin Story and the 2nd mod I made was a +5 Kinetic and I said "oh wow this was super easy!"

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Foetracer pls

i promise you its really really good

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is there a sword that's 1-2 hit killing dudes without the need for ammo in PvP? Cause that just kept happening.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
All swords are a one-hit in PvP. There's some that have the sword version of the triple-tap perk, and swords also get a fair bit of ammo per pickup. If they're controlling the heavy drops then it'll probably seem like they're never running out of ammo.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

super macho dude posted:

Is there a sword that's 1-2 hit killing dudes without the need for ammo in PvP? Cause that just kept happening.

There are swords that gain +1 ammo per kill and one shot people so yeah... poo poo sucks on the maps with short sight lines.

Anybody want to jump in the campaign with me from IO onwards (PS4). It's much less of a pain in the rear end with multiple people.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Das Gray posted:

I have to wonder if I should just try to do the blue random purchase and build one via 3 blues.

There are no blue kinetic mods, so...

hiddenriverninja posted:

trying to craft a purple weapon mod will get you something elemental related like 99 percent of the time

There's only four options in that category, so statistically speaking there's exactly 25% chance of getting a kinetic mod.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Funkmaster General posted:

There's only four options in that category, so statistically speaking there's exactly 25% chance of getting a kinetic mod.

Unless Bungie purposely weight it, which it definitely feels like.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Swords own in PvP and it's never not hilarious to take out 2 or 3 guys at once. It's the only Power Weapon I ever use in the crucible

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

cvnvcnv posted:

Foetracer pls

no, nighthawk

and wardcliff coil

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If you're still playing this game with a XIM after October 24th you're officially bitch made and should stop bragging in this thread

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

precision posted:

Swords own in PvP and it's never not hilarious to take out 2 or 3 guys at once. It's the only Power Weapon I ever use in the crucible

my only wish is for bolt caster to return

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mazerunner posted:

no, nighthawk

and wardcliff coil

As much as the Coil is fun it really is a pain to use well. Not as bad as Prospector but still not as good as just using the Exotic fusion rifle (sweet mercy? I'm at work)

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Balthesar posted:

If you're still playing this game with a XIM after October 24th you're officially bitch made and should stop bragging in this thread

You can apparently use a XIM (or just emulate one) in the PC version to get controller auto aim with a mouse and keyboard lol

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

There are swords that gain +1 ammo per kill and one shot people so yeah... poo poo sucks on the maps with short sight lines.

Anybody want to jump in the campaign with me from IO onwards (PS4). It's much less of a pain in the rear end with multiple people.

Ah ok, there was a dude who took me out and two other team members 30 seconds into the opening round before the power ammo dropped.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

busting dudes with a sword hilt has always been a thing since the taken king

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
This isn't a twitch shooter and using a XIM won't suddenly transform a bad player into a savant.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The raid handcannon is not only insanely good (lightweight, fast firing l, Rampage 3x and Outlaw) but it is also extremely pleasurable when inserted anally

Mindless Insertion Does Not Instantly Gratify Him Though

Could Of Utilised Penis

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Balthesar posted:

Let's not do this

sometimes you get arguments and such that aren't really worth having and just annoys everyone

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Love how quickplay is constant emblem bros and extremely close matches going to time and competitive is is a bunch of 6-1/4-1 romps

Maybe the trick to playing destiny pvp is to not really play it much anymore

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

tqilamknbrd posted:

Could Of Utilised Penis

Lmao

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

This isn't a twitch shooter and using a XIM won't suddenly transform a bad player into a savant.

We can't have sound logic and reasoning when we talk about XIMs.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Balthesar posted:

el B posted:

Shutup idiot

Mmm that's some timeless posting by your boy.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

With Blink + 0 power ammo my sword can still do some serious fuckery to bads. Speaking of bads I can't wait until MIDA gets it's perk changed for the Crucible or however they fix that gently caress up cause it's going to be a week or two of players who have zero spacial awareness without a radar up at all times.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I sincerely hope xur starts selling more poo poo at some point because I got like 300 legendary shards in the last week and I will be spending no more than 45 when he shows up

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Has anyone seen a quick play match end before the timer? I had a flash game end with one team two points below it, but it feels like the point goals aren't tuned for 4v4 at all.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
There should be like a weekly exotic exchange where you can trade in one exotic for a random, lower light level exotic once a week
loving game showering me with raidens and mercilesses

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I feel like crucible matches should generally be ending about 20% faster than they do, it really feels like a 6v6 in the score requirement and match time but it's only 4v4 so it just drags on.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

tqilamknbrd posted:

Could Of Utilised Penis

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Predicting that Xur tomorrow will be feedback arms, sunbracers, lucky pants, and prospector.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Calaveron posted:

There should be like a weekly exotic exchange where you can trade in one exotic for a random, lower light level exotic once a week
loving game showering me with raidens and mercilesses

Use them to pump all the awesome purps available up.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I feel like crucible matches should generally be ending about 20% faster than they do, it really feels like a 6v6 in the score requirement and match time but it's only 4v4 so it just drags on.

what is it set at, 6 min? It's fine. They just need to figure out how to properly match players, even if it's not a secret mmr score groups of 2-4 should be matched together.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The pvp is slightly growing on me but it's still a terrible direction to take the game.

Countdown needs to go to 4
Survival needs to go to 3

Quickplay scores need to be reduced by a third

(Player count needs to go to 6)

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The pvp is slightly growing on me but it's still a terrible direction to take the game.

6 will never happen cause it's not esport friendly but neither is Destiny so it'll be fun to watch Activision/Blizzard/Bungie try to force another esport despite a 100% fail rate in the industry.

and yes I know OW has 6 but OW has so many problems and 12 players is in the top 10 of said issues.

but I agree, it'd be nice to see 6 man option and bigger maps until it devolves into sniper spam.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Got 100 glimmer from a clan Nightfall welfare engram. Nothing else, lol.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

4v4 is growing on me, but I definitely agree that Countdown should be best of 7. Those matches seem to take an eternity.

Most matches seem to end by timer not by score, Supremacy and Clash could be toned down as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Balthesar posted:

4v4 is growing on me, but I definitely agree that Countdown should be best of 7. Those matches seem to take an eternity.

Most matches seem to end by timer not by score, Supremacy and Clash could be toned down as well.

Yeah, I haven't even been able to get a score win on Clash when my team was rocking a power play half the time, 100 points is overkill for 4v4